Expedia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Expedia
Telephone
Read Expedia Reviews

About Expedia:

Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Tell us how Expedia made you happy
What is up with the people that answers the calls at Expedia?? Expedia used to be good and now they have weird and awkward reps that answer the calls. Booked an all inclusive package and needed more information about my booking and I get connected to the all inclusive vacation line, and this man basically turned every inquiry that I made into what shouldn't have been so complicated. How many different ways do I need to word: how many beds are included in the hotel room I booked? He seemed appalled and shocked and confused by this question. His attitude made it seem like it was a burden to answer any of my questions and almost as if he was doing ME a favor by answering. WELL MY APOLOGIES EXPEDIA! Sorry to hassle you by giving you money to use your service. I am now considering cancelling this package as I am utterly disgusted by how Expedia treats their customers. WOULD NEVER BOOK AGAIN AND DEFINITELY SPREADING THE WORD SO THAT NOBODY BOOKS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY AGAIN!
Do not use they are absolutely useless
Do not use they are absolutely useless. After nearly a 4 hour drive my husband, son and son in-law arrived at their self catering accommodation to relax before going to a gig at the local stadium to find the owner had no reference of their booking and someone else was in it. After I sat on the phone for almost 1.45 in total the boys had no choice but to go and find somewhere to eat so they could get to the gig on time. They then had to drive home after arriving home at 3pm in the morning...thankfully safe!!!!
All the food brought for their dinner and breakfast had to be binned after being in the car all afternoon and evening in the heat of the day.
Their customer service is diabolical and offered me £25 credit for my next trip...l highlighted that after this experience we would not be using or recommending them.
I asked for their head office number so I could make a formal complaint and surprise surprise I have just called the number given to find out it’s a false number.....thanks for nothing Expedia.
Lisa
Shocking bad experience. Their customer service is completely useless. Make 2 mistakes, first with flight destination which I have to pay £150 to have it amended. Then follow with not selected luggage for my amended booking. I have to pay again before they will compensate me. Each time I have spent an hour on the phone to explain the problem.
Non existent customer service. Never again
Still awaiting for a refund despite Quantas giving me the cancellation number. The worst company to get someone to speak to. But if you press 0 in the options you get to talk to an agent. They still dont really help
No stars. Absolutely appalling customer service. Out and out crooks. They deserve to go out of business unfortunately if they do taking a lot of peoples money with them. Avoid like the plague.
If I could give a negative review I would. Absolutely zero response to my questions and queries. Out of pocket £1100 because of them.
Worst Travel company to book with, Worst customer service ever. No one knows what to do and who to talk with. I have been waiting for 6 months for a refund and nothing has happened. Reported this issue repeatedly to them they never pick up the phone the usual wait time is 45 to 50 minutes.
They made errors in my flight booking and refused to refund the cost.
Booked hotel Viking in Gothenburg for an overnight. Online rating was high so expected high standard. Found hotel dirty and room wasn’t available at 3pm check in time. Got room key at 4.30. Found room to be dirty, sex toy found from previous occupant next to bed and also found blood on pillow. Tried various times to rectify this to no avail. Will never use again!
Too many errors for which Expedia takes no responsibility. In last week's website glitch that said any bookings were unsuccessful, but took the money anyway, they have fought not to refund the £1,200 they took from my account.

I have spent over £6,000 with Expedia over the years, and in general they have tried to fix mistakes, but this is the last straw.
Expedia booked our flight with KLM, or so we thought. It failed to tell us there was no baggage included. When we paid for the tickets, the itinerary quoted KLMs baggage policy and gave us inaccurate information as to the actual cost of checked in luggage. The flight would actually be operated by Virgin Atlantic, which required a payment of £828 extra just for two items of 23kg checked in luggage. Expedia refuse to accept liability. The airlines state it is Expedia’s fault as it booked the tickets for us. We had no choice but to effectively pay more than double the amount we would have paid for flights. Avoid this fraudulent company at all costs.
Useless. Pity you cannot give a minus rating.
Had tickets for the Who and Kaiser Chiefs at Wembley on Sat 6th July. Booked a room at the Bell Inn Ruislip through Expedia which was close to a good train connection to Wembley.
Turned up to discover that the Bell Inn no linger exists and we were stranded.
A phone call of over an hour at my expense resulted in the offer of a room at the Best Wester at Heathrow which while quite close to Ruislip is a nightmare of journey to Wembley and would have resulted in missing half of the gig. Told by Expedia that no other accommodation was available.
Gave up and went home mega out of pocket and totally hacked off. See you in court.
Following an hour-long conversation with a representative from Expedia I have to come to the conclusion that this Company is not to be trusted in any shape or form.
The facts are that they take a booking from us, the public, and give guarantees that they have absolutely no thought of honouring.
My daughter booked with Expedia the total package of flight and hotel, as a surprise to me, to go to Albuferia in Portugal where I was being treated to a 50th Birthday celebration holiday.
She was booked on the same flight as us which left Dublin Airport at around 8.00pm for the two and a half hour flight which was thankfully uneventful.
On arriving at Faro airport we had a pre-arranged taxi waiting to take us to our accommodation which took about 45 minutes.
My friends left the taxi and went to book into our hotel (Hotel Vila Recife) and were treated with the utmost courtesy and given the keys to their rooms.
I stayed in the taxi to make sure that my daughter would have no problems at her hotel (Hotel da Galé) which was only a few minutes away.
On arriving at reception we were greeted by an insolent and extremely rude man who told us immediately that they had no room for my daughter as she was late booking in and that they had, in fact, sold the room on to someone who had just walked in off the street.
I told him that my daughter had a confirmed booking through Expedia and that they had no right to re-sell the room.
He literally told us to get lost and stop bothering him as there was no room at the inn (I know how Joseph and Mary felt).
I asked him to refund the money to which he replied that Expedia had the money and we were to seek recompense from them.
After a lengthy discourse, we decided that there was no way we going to get him to change his indifference to my daughter plight.
We left and found another hotel where my daughter paid again for her 3 nights stay.
We phoned Expedia the next morning and they were apologetic and said they would take the matter up with the hotel and not to worry they would be refunding my daughters payment.
On returning to Ireland we contacted Expedia again and asked what they were doing about the refund and an apology for the disgraceful treatment of their customer.
This is when the useless guarantees that I mentioned earlier were borne out.
Expedia said that they were unable to get the money back from the hotel and as a gesture of goodwill would give us a €100 voucher against a future booking!
As you will appreciate this was entirely unacceptable and I argued that the contract was made with Expedia and that their emailed confirmation clearly stated that no worries about late booking in as the rooms were guaranteed.
The ignoramus who I was talking to asked to see a copy of the booking confirmation that my daughter was sent, so he was obviously accusing me of lying.
While I was still on the phone to him I forwarded this confirmation which stated quite clearly what I was telling him.
When he received that he reverted to the story that the hotel was not prepared to refund anything as she was late booking in.
He was told in no uncertain terms that his argument was complete and utter rubbish.
I told him that the contract existed between my daughter and Expedia and had nothing whatsoever to do with what the hotel did or didn't do.
He again said the best he could do was offer the €100 voucher.
It seems the only way to resolve this matter will be by recourse to the courts and I look forward to hearing just what Expedia's excuses will be at that juncture.
In the meantime, I give you fair warning not to trust this shower of liars and cheats you will be very disappointed.
Ich habe aus Versehen übermüdet mein Hotelzimmer ein Monat zu spät gebucht. Erst als ich bestätigt hatte, sah ich, dass ich im Dezember und nicht im November gebucht habe. Und auch erst dann wurde mir angezeigt, dass es nicht mehr stornierbar wäre. Nirgendwo stand es vorher. Als ich im Hotel angerufen habe, sagte man mir, ich müsse bei Expedia anrufen. Also ruf ich bei Expedia und da hieß es, es wäre ein Angebot, dass nicht stornierbar wäre. Man würde den Hotel-Manager anrufen, um eventuell eine Umbuchung vorzunehmen. Da der Hotel-Manager nicht erreichbar war, hieß es, ich solle 4h später noch mal anrufen, um Expedia erneut darum zu bitten, den Hotel-Manager anzurufen. Da ich bis zu dem Zeitpunkt 20€ Telefonkosten für ein 80€-Hotelzimmer ausgegeben hatte, fragte ich, ob man sich bei Expedia nicht einfach merken könne, dass man den Hotel-Manager noch mal anrufen müsse. Darauf hieß es, dass ich ja den Fehler gemacht hätte und es deswegen anrufen müsse. Auf die Frage hin, wo eigentlich gestand haben soll, dass es nicht stornierbar wäre, verwiess man mich auf die AGBs. Natürlich lese ich mir bei 20 Vorgängen am Tag und der Buchung eines 80€-Hotelzimmers erstmal 2h die AGBs durch. Es hieß dann ich solle einfach noch mal anrufen - ich hätte ja nichts zu verlieren - worauf ich erwiderte; doch .. noch mal 15€ Telefonkosten. Und genau das ist jetzt passiert. Habe über 13min in der Warteschleife gehangen, nachdem ich den Buchungscode eingegeben hatte und mir die Computerstimme sagte, meine vorraussichtliche Wartezeit beträgt eine Minute. Ich habe keine Lust, noch mal 80€ für die Telefonwarteschleife auszugeben und gebe auf. FAZIT: Expedia kann man total vergessen! Nie wieder buche ich bei denen! FINGER WEG!!
Expedia is rated 2.46 based on 109 reviews