Expedia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Expedia
Telephone
Read Expedia Reviews

About Expedia:

Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Tell us how Expedia made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Expedia cancelled my flights then refused me a refund also cancelled my hotel still waiting for the refund five weeks later. Now credit card company is dealing with it.
I will never use Expedia again.
Excellent & easy booking of flights, hotel & transfers. Unfortunately with covid19 I might not be able to go so we'll see how I get on with a refund nearer the time!
Still awaiting for a refund despite Quantas giving me the cancellation number. The worst company to get someone to speak to. But if you press 0 in the options you get to talk to an agent. They still dont really help
No stars. Absolutely appalling customer service. Out and out crooks. They deserve to go out of business unfortunately if they do taking a lot of peoples money with them. Avoid like the plague.
If I could give a negative review I would. Absolutely zero response to my questions and queries. Out of pocket £1100 because of them.
Worst Travel company to book with, Worst customer service ever. No one knows what to do and who to talk with. I have been waiting for 6 months for a refund and nothing has happened. Reported this issue repeatedly to them they never pick up the phone the usual wait time is 45 to 50 minutes.
They made errors in my flight booking and refused to refund the cost.
Booked hotel Viking in Gothenburg for an overnight. Online rating was high so expected high standard. Found hotel dirty and room wasn’t available at 3pm check in time. Got room key at 4.30. Found room to be dirty, sex toy found from previous occupant next to bed and also found blood on pillow. Tried various times to rectify this to no avail. Will never use again!
I just posted this in reply to Expedia's interminable emails: "I have had enough of your emails claiming you are offering the customer something good/worthwhile. You charge a higher price than hotels’ standard price and ignore anyone asking about it.On your website, if I click “support” nothing happens – there is no route to support at all. If I click “feedback” equally, nothing happens. You clearly have no interest in your customers and I for one will not be booking with you again."
Too many errors for which Expedia takes no responsibility. In last week's website glitch that said any bookings were unsuccessful, but took the money anyway, they have fought not to refund the £1,200 they took from my account.

I have spent over £6,000 with Expedia over the years, and in general they have tried to fix mistakes, but this is the last straw.
What is up with the people that answers the calls at Expedia?? Expedia used to be good and now they have weird and awkward reps that answer the calls. Booked an all inclusive package and needed more information about my booking and I get connected to the all inclusive vacation line, and this man basically turned every inquiry that I made into what shouldn't have been so complicated. How many different ways do I need to word: how many beds are included in the hotel room I booked? He seemed appalled and shocked and confused by this question. His attitude made it seem like it was a burden to answer any of my questions and almost as if he was doing ME a favor by answering. WELL MY APOLOGIES EXPEDIA! Sorry to hassle you by giving you money to use your service. I am now considering cancelling this package as I am utterly disgusted by how Expedia treats their customers. WOULD NEVER BOOK AGAIN AND DEFINITELY SPREADING THE WORD SO THAT NOBODY BOOKS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY AGAIN!
Shocking bad experience. Their customer service is completely useless. Make 2 mistakes, first with flight destination which I have to pay £150 to have it amended. Then follow with not selected luggage for my amended booking. I have to pay again before they will compensate me. Each time I have spent an hour on the phone to explain the problem.
Expedia booked our flight with KLM, or so we thought. It failed to tell us there was no baggage included. When we paid for the tickets, the itinerary quoted KLMs baggage policy and gave us inaccurate information as to the actual cost of checked in luggage. The flight would actually be operated by Virgin Atlantic, which required a payment of £828 extra just for two items of 23kg checked in luggage. Expedia refuse to accept liability. The airlines state it is Expedia’s fault as it booked the tickets for us. We had no choice but to effectively pay more than double the amount we would have paid for flights. Avoid this fraudulent company at all costs.
Good customer service, very efficient and helpful
Do not use they are absolutely useless
Do not use they are absolutely useless. After nearly a 4 hour drive my husband, son and son in-law arrived at their self catering accommodation to relax before going to a gig at the local stadium to find the owner had no reference of their booking and someone else was in it. After I sat on the phone for almost 1.45 in total the boys had no choice but to go and find somewhere to eat so they could get to the gig on time. They then had to drive home after arriving home at 3pm in the morning...thankfully safe!!!!
All the food brought for their dinner and breakfast had to be binned after being in the car all afternoon and evening in the heat of the day.
Their customer service is diabolical and offered me £25 credit for my next trip...l highlighted that after this experience we would not be using or recommending them.
I asked for their head office number so I could make a formal complaint and surprise surprise I have just called the number given to find out it’s a false number.....thanks for nothing Expedia.
Lisa
Useless. Pity you cannot give a minus rating.
Had tickets for the Who and Kaiser Chiefs at Wembley on Sat 6th July. Booked a room at the Bell Inn Ruislip through Expedia which was close to a good train connection to Wembley.
Turned up to discover that the Bell Inn no linger exists and we were stranded.
A phone call of over an hour at my expense resulted in the offer of a room at the Best Wester at Heathrow which while quite close to Ruislip is a nightmare of journey to Wembley and would have resulted in missing half of the gig. Told by Expedia that no other accommodation was available.
Gave up and went home mega out of pocket and totally hacked off. See you in court.
Price is expensive
Star 3
Star 4
Star 5
Just now
The worst customer support ever!!!!
The worst customer support ever!!!!
I never in my life had to write a terrible review like this, but I feel like I just have to warn people! DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH EXPEDIA.CO.UK! I have never been so disappointed in my life!
Here is what happened.. me and 2 of my friends went to France, and booked an excursion to Versailles, which is the castle outside of Paris, we all booked it from different phones, so I happened to book through Expedia.co.uk and my friend was lucky enough to book through expedia.us.
The day before the excursion the vendor called us to confirm the booking and to get the address, where they were suppose to pick us up, we gave them the address, and the lady said we are suppose to wait for the car from 1.15 PM to 1.45, and that the driver will call us. We also got the email from them, that said we could wait outside in front of the building or in the lobbi of the hotel. The day of the pick up we are standing outside and waiting, it started to rain pretty heavy so we went inside of the building. We were waiting and waiting and nobody showed up, nobody called us either. So we called the vendor to find out what's going on - turned out as they say - driver waited for us and called and had no response so he left. We were very upset, we offered to take and uber and meet the bus somewhere, because we were suppose to walk around the castle with guid, they said it's impossible, they also refused to book us for another day, only if we paid for it again, which we obviously refused to do. They wouldn't refund us anything either! So we call Expedia, because we booked the trip through them, we sent them the screen shot of our phones to prove either one of us never received a call, I could even sent them print out from my phone company if it made any difference... so my friend, who booked through Expedia.us got her refund the same day, no problem - they apologized, and she was a little frustrated she missed the trip but happy she got her money back. I, however got the call saying they called the vendor and they said they were at the pick up location, and I never showed up, and they said they called and they refuse to refund the money so expedia.co.uk cannot do anything to help me with this issue! I could absolutely not believe this nonsense!!!! I told them that my friend got her refund, and they said that Expedia us has nothing to do with them. This is just ridiculous!!! I was on the phone with them for 2 hours! And I m pretty sure that the vendor didn't give them any proof that they called, because they did not! I m a 100 % sure, cause my phone was working, so were my friends phones and it was in my hand. The internet was working, I was looking out the window, but we didn't really know what car to look for cause the vendor didn't provide that information. Anyway, I m saying this again - DO NOT BOOK through expedia.co.uk they do not care!!!! They will not refund you money if the service was not provided for you! It was the most frustrating experience in my life! I learned my lesson though, I will only book through United states sites, I never had that problem with them.
We got what we thought was a cheap deal to Malta. Sadly after contacting both airlines, we ended up paying more than the flight itself in baggage fees! €60 each for AirMalta.
To add insult to injury, you cannot "manage your booking" online with AirMalta unless you book directly with them. So we now have to call them on an international number to pay for the baggage and check in! Complete scam
Expedia is rated 2.74 based on 89 reviews