Animal Friends Reviews

of reviewers recommend Animal Friends
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week

Tell us how Animal Friends made you happy
This company are completely fraudulent I have been with them for 4 years paying over £80 / month for my two small dogs. As soon as I put a small claim in it was instantly rejected as a payment went in a day late. This company is making lots of money and not paying out they are con artists and should not be trusted. If you think your pets are insured with these people they are most likely not so stop payment immediately and go to another insurer.
Decent service, decent product for my dogs ruined only by the huge (10%+) price rises every year regardless of any claims or not. Buy if you want the service, avoid if you hate being gouged for no justifiable reason. To be fair the problem seems endemic to the pet insurance market, and AF still come best for my needs on a price comparison site.
Glad to say I've never had to claim on my animal friends insurance for my dog. Rang animals friends 3 days ago to cancel my policy as my dog passed away, this morning I received a lovely sympathy card hand written from the lady i spoke to when I cancelled my policy, this was unexpected and a lovely gesture
I left an earlier 1* review for Animal Friends following their decision to refuse a claim for my sick cat on the basis that his gastro-enteritis could somehow be interpreted as an underlying condition. I made a complaint through their system and, much to my surprise, they upheld my complaint and made a payment of £400. In fairness to Animal Friends I am giving them 3* for having a complaints system which, at least in my case, can result in a changed decision. So my advice would be that if you have a claim turned down, don't necessarily assume this is the final word
Cannot recommend. They will examine your animals medical history to see if there is the slightest get out from meeting a claim. Tried their utmost to avoid paying out for my dogs cruciate ligament. Finally got paid after intervention from 3rd party senior vet. Having paid out they immediately placed restrictions on the policy against any further cruciate surgery and also tumours as my dog had a small fatty cyst removed during the anesthetic. Very little cover left now/
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
Policy is not what it seems. My vet wanted me to make a claim as she sed I would probably be covered but after ringing to inquire I found I wasn't
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
Would not recommend this insurer.did not make any attempt to understand circumstances behind my claim just wanted to find an excuse to refuse claim.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago
My experience is mixed clearly buying pet insurance requires far more diligence than i thought at the time, the terms and conditions are not customer friendly and they are more importantly not pet friendly.

Having made a claim I lost out several ways , as the condition couldnt be diagnosed quickly i ended up paying for multiple bills due to the 90 days claim limit and the £99 excess on my policy. When i did eventually make a claim it took forever and at a time when the pets wealth ware should have been foremost, i was having to worry about whether or not they would even meet the claim. Now that I have made a claim they are excluding future claims not just for the current condition but on a whole section of the anatomy of the pet.

You do truly get what you pay for, and for this type of product you need to print off and read the terms and conditions through or like me you will be disappointed.
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 6 years ago