Halifax Insurance Reviews

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Halifax Insurance Reviews

security@halifax.co.uk

Tell us how Halifax Insurance made you happy
They hired a company to do work in our home and the company named EBL made a mockery of it all. Halifax appointed a consultant to help assess the work, he was rude, obnoxious and made any excuse to insist the work they carried out was totally fine! They did a bad job on our en-suite.. they painted over old wall paper, rather than strip it off like the other half of the room and once the weather got warm the paper began to hang off! This is incredibly bad.. considering the damage occurred in October 2020 and we are now on the 23rd July 2021 and the work has still not been sufficient. They are rude, incompetent and they do not care that they hire cheap cow boys to do their work for them!
The website was really good and very easy to understand I got insurance from here I would use it again
it was fast and included the features we expected
thay sent me two car insurences and took the money for both even after canceling them both leaving us in debt the bank couldnt help (halifax) and the insurence company didnt help
Great price and a lovely Canadian lady I spoke to on the phone
Still not received my documents online or postal
Paid house insurance for 20 years no claim lost iPhone and they said not covered as it wasn’t in your possession ????
I had a burst pipe in the kitchen. workmen sent in burdt another pipe, tried ti chip up my slate floor, keaving ne with sharp edges, and naiks stickibg up all over the floor, and two years on only just had ny kitchen finished, mainly at my own expense, the most unprofessional company i would advise RUN RUN before you get involved with this company. Caused Me major health issues due to stress.
Ultimate Useless Rewards Accounts. The policies included within the fee are worthless. all you get in the run around from the insurers when you get in touch with them.
The Halifax ripping people off charging £17 a month for home emergency cover they are connected with fraud companies they our boiler and blaming on us we didn't service we provided all documents but they denied them please be aware don't waste your time and money 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Telephone recording says to go to website "virtual assistant" directs straight back to constant hold, guess this doesn't happen for new quotes
I cannot agree more with the previous reviewer. I just called about a leak. Apparently this sort of leak is not covered as it is not a constant leak but only when you use the bath. It does not say this anywhere in the policy document. How people can charge that much and then come up with this sort of argument is beyond me. I will be cancelling my policy and never using Halifax for anything again.
Vety mean people. Dont even wasteyour money thinking that you are covered. They will always find means to to discredit your claim. Hurry up and look somewhere else upon reading this
Phone insurance excess is ridiculous expensive compare to their competitors
Best car insurance I could find from a reputable company
Straightforward stress free experience of obtaining quote.
Halifax Home Insurance Ultimate with Emergency add on. I’ve been a loyal customer paying £400+ pa for well over 10 years and have a drainage leak with unknown source. It requires investigation and repair. Damage evident to walls and skirting in two rooms. An insurance job you might think. Not according to Halifax. Had some idiot call me who quite frankly hadn’t a clue what I was talking about. Based on my own experience avoid this bunch of con artists at all costs. Don’t waste your money. I’m going to cancel and take up cover elsewhere
Appaling fraud by Halifax Home Insurance. I paid for home insurance and emergency repair protection add on. First the engineer did not arrive on the day booked, i had to chase them, they arrived a day later. Then the engineer had no intention of doing anything when he arrived. I had a leak in my roof after storm Bella. The engineer looked around 16 years old, he said he was roofer, but did not intend to look or enter the roof space, I had to insist, he asked me if I had a ladder, surely he should arrive prepared. He went off to get a ladder lift the roof hatch 3/4 inches, did not enter or inspect, in fact all he could see was a dark space and some insulation by only lifting the hatch that much. Halifax then reported the engineer stated in his detailed roof space report the roof felt and roof were in poor condition and declined claim - the report was completely fabricated. I took a video to show Halifax and show emergency repair company and their subsequent assessor who didn't enter the house at all what a loads of disgusting lies their report was. Independent local well established qualified roofing company came inspected my roof said it was in good condition and no issues with the lining or external evidence of anything to show it was in poor condition. AVOID HALIFAX AND THERE EMERGENCY INSURANCE THEY SCAM. Reporting the ombudsman with evidence.
Their customer service is very bad. They have untrained staff. I made a claim of water damage and their staff give me wrong information on every single step. Because of that its now more than 5 weeks and i have no floorboards in my kitchen. And when i complain in their complaint department they accept their fault and try to give me small amount of compensation. I refuse that and they said either u agreed or not we have sent this in ur account and now if dont want compensation amount send us back. Very cheap customer service and unprofessional staff
I longing in to my account to transfer a money and they blocked me asked to longing on desk top to approve the transaction again after get in my account it blocked me and asked to call on a number so I called and after 56 minutes waiting to get some one I mean a real person to talked they asked me all the silly questions about my phone about my life about all so 🙃 look like they don't want you to take you money away from them so very disappointed 1 star The person turn the phone down on me. I'll closed my account on this bank they are very rude 😤
Halifax Insurance is rated 2.7 based on 448 reviews