Hawkin's Bazaar Reviews

Hawkin's Bazaar 4 star review on 20th September 2016
S Treece
Hawkin's Bazaar 4 star review on 20th September 2016
S Treece
I get emails tempting to shop online but when you proceed to check out they say unfortunately they are unable to ship any orders at this time. When I emailed customer services to ask them if this was correct they replied unfortunately we are unable to ship any orders at this time. Our local branch in Truro is closing down .
I wonder if Hawkins Bazaar are in serious financial difficulties ?
Are the administrators getting ready to knock on their door ?
Very disappointing gifts in the prefilled adult Christmas stockings. I have bought them previously and they were really good but this time the gifts appeared to be aimed at a 14 year old. The only thing that made them an adult stocking was the inclusion of an “alcohol jelly mould”. I did email the company after Christmas to inform them of my disappointment but haven’t had a reply. I’m not expecting nor asked for any form of compensation but would have liked an acknowledgement and explanation for the gift choices that they appeared to find acceptable for an adult. I won’t be using them again.
problems with small value items missing too much bother to chase!
Never recieved order emailed them and was told it had been canceled despite not getting any email notification about this or refund. Toke many emails to establish what was happening with my refund customer service wasn't great
Just received my order, Christmas Presents for my own Children and family. EVERY SINGLE ITEM is crushed!! Boxes are not salvageable. Even the main package box they where delivered in is totally smashed and ripped open.
I ordered a Harry Potter snow globe. It was a white blub . I think it was suppose to be a bird but would need a very good imagination . Wouldn’t give this to anyone
My order never arrived and communication with the customer service ended promptly on their behalf. Nothing was ever sorted and I still don’t have my item. Extremely disappointing and patronising. Will not use again.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we will certainly take your comments on board and we are sincerely sorry we were unable meet your expectations on this occasion, if there is anything you'd like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact us online or in writing.

The Hawkin Review Ream
Driver went 3 times to wrong property and I have not received the item paid for. Please refund me,
David Thomas

The Hawkin Review Ream
Hi the items came damaged
Never works stay away from them

The Hawkin Review Ream
Extremely poor service especially by Sabrina Dee who needs customer service training and listening skills when the customer is speaking to her rather than talk over them.
Faulty item that has been returned to the store twice for same reason broken wheel off remote control car but will not give refund or exchange on the item. Even after mentioned the consumers Rights Act 2015, she still doesn’t feel that I deserve a refund. Very upset grandson who has a car that he can not play with.
They even have ‘This guarantee does not affect any rights you have under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.’ Mentioned on their website about hassle free returns in Uk.
We would be grateful for someone to contact us to discuss this further to resolve the issue.
Great prices. Shocking customer service.
You really cannot beat the fantastic sale prices.
However forget about any sort of customer care.
Always enjoyed the retail shops in town.
Online you have to grit your teeth and hope.

The Hawkin Review Ream
We bought a RC car from Hawkins for £75. Within 2 minutes a component broke off near the wheel.
I contacted Hawkins for a spare part to fix. They dont stock parts and referred me to a link which turned out to be a guy in China pretending to be in the UK. I ordered the parts online for £16 and they never arrived.
So the car is useless to us, what a waste of money, it could have been so much fun.
Dont buy a car from Hawkins unless they stock spares for it!
Baught an RC Helicopter flew it for 30 seconds and it just fell out of the sky whilst being out of control. On getting to it the rear rotor was missing, couldn't see it any were. Contacted customer services and they said they would send me a new part, but there where 2 bare wires sticking out of the helicopter, so i asked what they wanted me to do with them, and they said the broken helicopter was my fault and its out of warranty. I had had it 5 mins. DISGRACEFUL support from Hawkins customer services. I sent pictures showing no damage to the helicopter. It looks like the rear rotor just flew away when i operated it. Now to end a bad story they wont reply to my e.mails. DISGRACEFUL.......
I'm really sorry to see you've left us a two star review - we are sincerely sorry we were unable meet your expectations on this occasion and that you are not happy with the service.
Our Customer Support Manager is aware and is currently investigating this further and will be in touch with you accordingly from help@hawkin.com.
Worded my purchase as if I was getting a chase but got a normal funko pop
Ordered a small item from the website, delivery was expected to be the upcoming Monday. This was in December and there is still no sign of my order. Staff in the store were unable to help as apparently its the delivery companies fault.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we will certainly take your comments on board and we are sincerely sorry we were unable meet your expectations on this occasion, if there is anything you'd like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team on help@hawkin.com
The remote control I bought for my nephew at Christmas broke on the first use. Due to not being able to find the receipt I am unable to do anything about it
Check your pre filled stocking before 23:30 Xmas eve. As I was sent 3 x girls stockings and I ordered 2 x girl 1 x boy!
Paid for items and courier messaged to say delivering 2 days running but didnt bother to come. Not sure whose fault either supplier or courier but Im very disappointed.
I'm really sorry to see you’ve left us a one star review, if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our customer support team on help@hawkin.com.
I had a VN10 Drone bought for Christmas. After purchasing a SD card (not supplied) I did the setting up following instructions to the letter. I tested camera by taking a few photo's and video but found that the camera was not working. Upon inserting the SD card into computer it came up "card blank". I tried saving a couple of photo's from computer and these saved and were read OK so the card worked OK with computer.

Contacted Hawkin's Bazaar with all details in email contact from their website. Only advise I received from them was to purchase another card and see if that worked. I contacted the Carlisle Shop where it was purchased and they were to send me a replacement drone out after having tested the camera and a card. Nothing had arrived after 5 days so contacted shop again, it had been returned address unknown.

A blank SD card did arrive but when inserted into drone, camera still would not work with same results as the card I purchased. The replacement card states that it needs formatting. When try to format get message Windows cannot format this card. Will not read or format on either of my two computers. They were going to send another drone out. I also learned at this point that the Carlisle Shop was closing down.

Still nothing arrived and when I contacted the shop was told that they had received instructions that customer services at head office were now dealing with this matter. I received no contact from head office or any other department of Hawkin's Bazaar.

I contacted Hawkins Bazaar via website again 13-01-19, as I couldn't find a phone number. I enclosed both my phone numbers and asked for them to contact me. I am still waiting for a reply or contact reply.

Have again today 16/01/19 sent a email via website for request for contact.

From my experience the after sales service of Hawkin's Bazaar leaves a lot to be desired.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we'd like to learn more about your experience so we can further evaluate how we can prevent this issue from occurring again in the future.
We aim to provide our customers with a good standard of service and I am very sorry that we did not do so on this occasion. That said, we will certainly review how we handle this approach in future.
We'd love to discuss further, please contact us on help@hawkin.com
Hawkin's Bazaar is rated 4.52 based on 1,011 reviews