Hotels.com Reviews

60% of reviewers recommend Hotels.com
12PM
12PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Hotels.com?

Tell us how Hotels.com made you happy

Telephone
1 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"Constantly, every time I receive a “free night” all the sudden my account is locked and there’s a “problem with the account that needs to go to another department” yet it’s a department that doesn’t exist! You can’t speak to them on the phone they only email supposedly. And yet I’ve never recieved any response and usually 6-8 months later it’s still like that. ONCE they did finally credit me a night and then 2 other times I made a new account (my boyfriend and my sister) and they then would be responsible even though I would book our reservation. AGAIN the same thing! Never made it past 3 months without this issue! This is practically a SCAM! Do not use Hotels.com!"
Are you Hotels.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I had a serious issue when I was away in Athens. 140 euros which was stolen from my bag. It really ruined my stay and made me feel very anxious. It was particularly horrible as they had been through my personal items. The hotel issued no refund or compensation. The hotel returned the the money that was stolen from my room. The very fact they willingly returned the money implies an acceptance of wrongdoing (the theft of €140). This incident caused great distress to me and my elderly parents who I was travelling with. I usually book through hotels.com for work and travel solo. It is of great concern that I now consider properties you advertise are not really safe. If they are not safe from theft (cleaners, maintenance and others with access) they are not safe from other criminal acts. In addition to the unnecessary stress and worry I was forced to spend my own time resolving a matter which should not occur assuming staff and hotels are suitably vetted. This inconvenience and interference with my own time has continued back in the uk, when despite being a gold member (I presumed valued customer) I am forced to inform you that your response to date is unsatisfactory. Let it be known hotels.com don’t give a damn about it’s customers and it has clearly stated in its emails to me it can’t and is not interested in the happiness or safety and security of its travellers. I had someone enter my room, interfere with my personal possessions, remove cash and leave without knowledge of the hotel. The hotel refunded the lost money and you deem this unworthy of any compensation? Yet a colleague who experienced a lesser incident received compensation. They seem to treat certain people differently. I wish all that travel with them good luck if nothing goes wrong you are in good hands if it does you are all alone."
"Got me rooms quickly in a nice hotel in Iceland at a good price."
"Excellent website with huge selection if hotels. Prices do vary across the range of hotel websites but 9 times out of 10 the prices are pretty good. They have a reward scheme too that is easy to use and redeem nights."
Hotels.com is rated 3.40 based on 5 reviews