lion.ie Reviews

of reviewers recommend lion.ie
Read lion.ie Reviews

About lion.ie:

Buying life insurance can be a frustrating experience. Our mission is to make buying life insurance easier.

Use the tools on https://lion.ie to assess what you need, understand why you need it and feel glad about putting cover in place.

We're excited to make life insurance a little less drab and a little more fun.

00353579320836

hannah@lion.ie

Tell us how lion.ie made you happy
We are in our 50’s and had a real challenge on our hand to get mortgage protection insurance as my wife had type 2 diabetes with a really high HbA1c reading and high blood pressure of 155/90 along with very high BMI of 36 and I had elevated cholesterol 7.1 and white coat syndrome for high blood pressure at 165/82 if I got my blood pressure checked at GP with a BMI of 32. John Hourigan at lion.ie was amazing to work with and gave us precise advice on how to approach the insurers for getting our mortgage protection in place. He took our blood reports and other Medical data and approached the underwriters in advance securing pre approvals which was amazing as we had got a lot of postponements due to our tough medical health .He then guided us through the PMA process whereby our GP had to fill out our medical reports. When John went on holidays Kathleen Sammon and Hannah McGowan provided amazing support and coverage. I was anxious , nervous & frustrated and would call and email multiple times asking questions and following up on status and was always responded to courteously and in a timely fashion. We have secured our mortgage protection which enabled us to buy our dream house. I am delighted we chose Lion.ie for our mortgage protection
Pleasure to deal with and were able to sort out insurance for me after being rejected in other places. Highly recommend.
I highly recommend Lion.ie. Just recently I had a very smooth and stress-free transaction with them that only took them less than 24 hours to get everything sorted. Kathleen Sammon, their admin staff is in particular very helpful to us. She answered all our queries in a timely manner and a very lovely lady to speak to. She is very professional at the same time friendly and very approachable. I give Lion.ie five stars or even more and I highly recommend it to anybody I know looking for mortgage protection.
Thank you so much for such a lovely review Madelene- you've made my day :-) Kathleen
The team at lion.ie were so efficient at processing our mortgage protection application. Everything was explained thoroughly and no question was left unanswered. Would recommend 120%!
Thank you so much Aoife, you were a star to deal with all the way along. We were happy to be the ones you chose to let help your mortgage journey- Kathleen :-)
Brilliant quick and efficient service
Very straightforward and easy to use. Very prompt with any queries no matter how stupid they may have seemed. Would recommend to use for simplicity.
Thanks for the very kind review Darren. There are no stupid questions in this crazy insurance world but we were happy to help all the same :-) Kathleen
Kathleen and Nick did an amazing job helping us with the policies we needed. From day 1 till the policies have been issued we had a clear and fast communication. We highly recommend lion.ie and we'll definitely use their services again if we need to in the future.
Thank you so much for the kind recommendation Flavio, you made it all super easy for us :-) Definitely keep us in mind if you need anything else in the future- Kathleen
Highly recommend Lion.ie! Thanks so much to Kathleen and John for their help - efficient, helpful and so pleasant to deal with. Thank you!
Thanks so much Aoife, we were happy to help :-) Best of luck in your new home from all the team here at Lion.ie- Kathleen
I had difficulties getting mortgage protection due multiple issues. Kathleen and the rest of the team kept pushing the insurance company and kept driving the whole process until we reached a quote. It is nice to have someone personally involved and leveraging the insurance company, and having belief that we are set for success even in the hardest time. Lion.ie gave me a fair price and was very swift with communication. Absolutely recommended!
Thank you so much Lule for such a kind review & thank you for sticking with me- especially when the going got tough- Kathleen :-)
Couldn’t fault the service from lion, very easy to deal with, quick response time and set up of policies.
Ah thank you Chloe- you made it all very easy for me but we were happy to help nonetheless. Wishing you & L many years of happiness in your new home- Kathleen
All the team were very helpful and supportive, and quick to respond to any queries.
Thank you so much for the kind recommendation Cliodhna, the vey best of luck to you & D in your new home :-) Kathleen
I came to Lion for mortgage protection for a new home that I was purchasing and for income protection. There were numerous delays in the completion of the house but the Lion team where there with me all the way. The Lion team maintained communication with me and once my house was ready, they moved into action very quickly to have my policies in place. Thank you Kathleen and team!
Thank you so much Sarah, I'm so glad we got there in the end- best of luck in your new home from myself & all the team here at Lion.ie- Kathleen
We recently did mortgage protection with Lion, and they were excellent. The service's attention to detail and how quickly everything was done was exceptional. We were dealing with Kathleen on this, and I recently got in contact again about income protection. Firstly, I was dealing with Nick, who is excellent, and then from there Kathleen took over; when I saw she was taking it over, I was delighted as she is so easy to deal with, and I don't know how she manages to turn everything around so quickly, her speedy replies and explaining everything make it so easy. Thank you Nick and Kathleen.
Thanks R for this amazing & kind review. You & C have been 2 of my absolutely favourite clients this year. Always so polite, kind & nice- let us know if you need anything else- Kathleen :-)
John and Nick were a pleasure to work with. Made the mortgage protection process so easy. Highly recommended
I tried to first explore mortgage protection with AIB and the absolute hassle to even get a call booked in. It was a no brainer to try someone as modern as lion.ie. It was great having the option of a phone call but having the majority of it done over email was a god send. Everyone was so professional from start to finish. Thank you for making it so easy!
Thank you so much for trusting us to arrange your cover & for being the easiest client in the world to help. You made my job super easy- Kathleen :-)
Lion.ie really helped me to navigate through the mortgage protection insurance process and get what I needed as quickly as possible. It was pleasure dealing with them.
Highly recommended. Helped make the process go smoothly and explained everything in clear and simple terms. Kathleen was a huge help, thanks again!
You are so sound- thank you so much for the lovely review Mark :-) Kathleen
Kathleen & Nick were amazing in helping us secure the best protection for us at the best cost. We did receive a quote with another provider which was loaded due to health issues, their knowledge of the market meant they knew which insurer would look at our circumstances more favourably and saved us a good bit on the premium! They were brilliant to deal with, took control of everything and were always so fast with their responses, highly recommend!
Thank you for this incredibly kind review & recommendation K. This is exactly why we do what we do :-)
From the get go all went very very very smoothly. Emails replied to very efficiently and fast.. Great advice and recommendations given from the start. Daily updates. They found the right mortgage protection company and got me cover after being deferred for a year from 3 different companies due to underlying conditions..
Thank you so much for such a lovely review Lindsey, you were an absolute gem to deal with from start to finish. We were so happy it all worked out so well for you- Kathleen :-)
We recently had the pleasure of working with John from Lion.ie to secure mortgage protection insurance, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. From start to finish, the entire process was seamless and stress-free, thanks to John's professionalism, expertise, and genuine care for his clients. He went above and beyond to explain things that we should all be learning in school. Right from our initial phone consultation, John took the time to thoroughly understand our needs and financial situation. He patiently explained the various options available to us, ensuring we were well-informed and comfortable with our decision. His deep knowledge of the insurance market was evident, and he was able to provide us with options that fit our coverage requirements. What stood out the most was John's commitment to exceptional customer service. He was always available to answer any questions I had, providing clear and concise explanations that made a complex process much easier to navigate. He was calming and reassuring at every stage. John was also incredibly proactive, keeping us updated at every stage via email or phone call and ensuring that all paperwork was completed accurately and on time. Thanks to John and Lion.ie, we now have peace of mind knowing that our mortgage is protected. Their dedication to their clients and their profession is truly commendable. If you are in need of an insurance broker for mortgage protection or any other insurance needs, I highly recommend reaching out to Lion.ie. Thank you, John, for your outstanding service and support!
John was an absolute pleasure to work with. Extremely informative, helpful, kind and attentive. John made the whole process so quick and easy. Thanks again John!!
lion.ie is rated 5.0 based on 1,766 reviews