Lupe Technology Reviews

Eduardo Marco Hsu 徐子評
Lupe Technology 5 star review on 29th August 2020
Stephen Barclay
Hi Lupe,

I love the fact that there are fewer parts to the vacuum but I feel like the front part of the vacuum head needs a bit more weight on it. It struggles a bit on a high pile rug. I also like the idea of a bin without the bag, but I am finding that I have to do a lot of work to empty the vacuum. All the hair and dust wraps around the filter. I hope some better bin design and head designs are coming.
Hi Victoria

Thank you taking the time to post your review. It's great to hear you love the design of our cleaner.

Some types of deep pile rugs may cause the brush bar and roller to stop. Try decreasing the power and then try again.

I will be passing your comments about the dust bin along to our engineers for review.

Please let us know if you are facing any further issues.

The Lupe Team
I've had my Lupe for less than a week, but already really appreciate so much about it. It's the first time I've owned a cordless so nothing to compare it to, but the battery charge lasts longer than I thought it would and it charges quickly. We have several pets and 3 teenagers so lots of mess, dust, dirt in the house but the suction is excellent even coping with pet hair on carpets and it's great on hard floors too. I find it really light and easy to move around.
Hi

That's great to hear & thank you for taking the time to let us know your positive experience.

Thanks again
The Lupe Team
Over the years we have used quite a number of brand name hovers,mostly because as a family we are allergic to pollen and dust.We have consistently on the lookout for something exceptional, We now have been using the Lupe every day since the of purchase and are very happy with its performance. We love it.
Hi Mervyn

Thank you for posting this great review & it's good to hear you love your Pure Cordless! I will make sure your comments get fed back to the team

The Lupe Team
I can compare it with dyson v6 and Miele uniq and bunch of other models I used. Lupe leaves all competitors behind. Outstanding job and fantastic result. Thank you!
Hi Vladimir

Thank you so much for your review. We really do appreciate your feedback

Kind regards

The Lupe Team
I like the web site and the design goals and ethos seem very refreshing
Hi

Thank you for your positive & encouraging comments! We really appreciate it. I'll be sure to feed this back to the team

The Lupe Team
I like the idea of the Lupe. However, it's really difficult to see when the dust bin is full. I would suggest, make it clear. There's just no way at a glance to tell it's full. You have to stop, and kneel down to see that it's full. And the latch do open the dust bin to empty it -- needs to be redesigned. I have to constantly fiddle with it to open. Other's like the Dyson, open easily.
Also, there's no motorized attachment for rugs. Dyson, Miele (all in the same price) offer a motorized attachment that allows you to work on rugs. Trying the Lupe on rugs is a nightmare. Doesn't work at all. Also, I read reviews on it's power to suck up items from carpet. Even on high, it just doesn't seem to hold fast to the carpet. With the Dyson or Miele, If I put it on high, I can barely move it across the carpet because the suction is so strong. On the Lupe, doesn't really feel like the suction is doing all that much. Fix all of these items and I think you'd have a great unit. Right now, great idea -- just poor execution.
Hi Gary

Thank you for posting your review.

The Pure Cordless’ head has been conceived to work seamlessly on all surfaces (including rugs), however, some types of deep pile rugs may cause the brush bar and roller to stop. Try decreasing the power and then try again.

Please let us know if you are facing any further issues.

The Lupe Team
I am genuinely impressed with the performance of this vacuum. We pretty much exclusively use the Lupe now.
Hi James

Thank you for your positive comments. We really do appreciate our customers giving feedback & I'll be sure to pass this back to the team

The Lupe team
Love the suction power and the long battery life the most! Excellent on carpets and hard floors. Easy to carry, great for carpet stairs. Wish list: durability (time will prove!), and a longer hose.
Hi Celia

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Pure Cordless & for your positive comments. It's great to hear you love it! I will pass your 'wish list' back to our team for review

Thanks again

Very well done!
Loving my Lupe. Really convenient and you can tell how well designed it is! This thing really sucks. Can do the house (great battery) on medium setting and it is great on carpets and floors. Put it to maximum and my word! Thoroughly recommend.
Hi James

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We really do appreciate you taking the time to review the Pure Cordless & great to hear you love it!

The Lupe Team
I am a home care provider for my mom, who has MS and is largely wheelchair dependent. I wanted something modern and versatile for myself, but also something she could use, if she wanted to.

So I needed something cordless, but most of the cordless vacs on the market are "stick" type, with all of the weight and bulk in the hand, and unable to stand up on their own. That wouldn't work very well for someone with very little grip strength and trying to operate a wheelchair at the same time, so I kept looking. A few vacs met some requirements, but nothing checked all the boxes for me until I found Lupe.

Yes, there is some sticker shock involved, but in my case, I have a history of viewing quality tools as a good investment. So I would guess it was a little easier for me to justify the purchase than the average buyer, given the versatility and ease of use that Lupe offers.

Positives:

- This vac arrived amazingly fast to me in Ohio, USA (I think it was 3 days).
- It has the most suction of any vacuum I've ever personally used. Which is a good thing in my opinion,
but my mom does sometimes need to use the Low setting, so it is easier to push. Max power, to me, really confirms that I made a good purchase. I feel like I could vacuum the faces off of my enemies, if the situation called for it.
- Steering is great! Our last vac was a Dyson (traditional, not ball-style), that was not easily turned. The Lupe is very pleasant to steer.
- Cordless! I wanted cordless for my mom, and for the versatility of using it to clean a car or anywhere with no plug access, but I never realized how much I actually hated having a cord (find outlets for it, avoiding it during use, winding it back up, etc), until it wasn't there anymore. When I think back now, I would often weigh whether it was worth going through the whole "ceremony" of vacuuming, before doing it. Usually the answer was "no", because I'm lazy. But now, I have had to retrain my brain that there is nothing stopping me from vacuuming anything that needs vacuumed. It's actually enjoyable (as enjoyable as vacuuming can be), because it just works. I should mention that we are only vacuuming a 2-bedroom apartment with low-pile carpet, so I'm probably not the best testament to battery life, but we've been using it sporadically for a couple weeks and I haven't yet recharged it since the initial full charge. Even when the battery does need a charge, doing so will be no more complicated than recharging my cordless drill, because the battery is removable. (It could charge on-board of course, but there are no outlets where I keep the vacuum.)

Not-so-positives:

- I hesitate to put "price" on here, because there really is great value here, but it is certainly an obstacle for many people. Frankly, I too had no business spending so much on a vacuum (I'm saving up to buy a car), but I chose to believe in the longevity and warranty of a quality product, over cheap/disposable options.

- Purchasing. Buying the unit was easy enough, and I appreciate the security of the PayPal option, but I always purchase a spare battery for my cordless devices, so one of them is always charged and ready. I would have done that here, but I couldn't figure out how. I would recommend a change to the purchase procedure that allows you to see all accessories related to your vacuum model and add them to your purchase cart easily. (I've heard that US parts support has not fully rolled out yet, so this may have been just a temporary limitation.)

- Design issues. As I mentioned before, one determining factor in this purchase was "versatility". However, I found that versatility was limited in a few ways that could be remedied.

The "accessory mount" allows you to carry your attachments in upright mode, which is handy for people that want that, but not everyone does. Those of us who don't use it just end up leaving it off, laying around. This is untidy and not maximizing utility. I suggest a modification to the mount that incorporates spare battery storage (with charge cable accomodation) and wall-mount capability. Ideally the accessory mount would "clip in" to the wall bracket, as opposed to being permanently mounted to the wall, so different users with different preferences would have their choice of usage.

The option to use this as a portable unit was a selling point for me, but it is a bit limited for a couple reasons. The unit does stand upright when removed from the brush head, which is nice, but it so light and the hose is so short that it just ends up getting dragged or carried around. I suggest (1) a hose extension accessory, and (2) a modification that accommodates a shoulder or backpack-style strap. In my personal case, I believe my mom would find the ability to attach the unit to the back or arm of her wheelchair (with a longer hose and stick attachment) useful.

Minor issue, but I feel that making the bin release button the accent color (blue) would help the learning curve. Currently it is white, like the housing, so I keep forgetting it's there when I go to empty the bin (which admittedly has only been a couple times so far).

The "waste release" button could be better. It has taken a second hand to pull open the lid, as opposed to just pushing the release button. Aside from that, I have found cleaning the unit very easy, as it comes apart in several areas to get a thorough clean. Perhaps a small modification to the upright, or accessory mount, to allow the filters to dry "on board" would be a nice touch. So all the parts are drying together and just need snapped back together at the next use.

- During my research before purchase, I read reviews that complained about limited accessories included in the purchase price. I do not personally feel shorted in that regard. I would prefer to see the utility maximized as outlined above, instead of a bunch of attachments I would never use, just to make me feel like I'm "getting more".

In summary, I'm very happy with the purchase and I look forward to getting more experience with the unit and becoming long-term Lupe customer! My thanks to the designers, investors, and the entire Lupe team for spending the time, money, and effort necessary to develop such a great product and bring it to market!
Hi Paul

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this extensive & detailed review of your experience with the Pure Cordless together. We really do appreciate it & it’s good to hear you enjoy using your unit & that it fits well with your needs.

It’s also great to hear you believe in the longevity of a quality product which is indeed reflected in our price.

Spare batteries: these will be available soon (end of Q1/early Q2 2021) via our website. I will make sure you are contacted when spare batteries are available. Additionally, our engineers have been working on a longer hose attachment which will be available later on this year.

We will take on board your comments regarding purchasing accessories as well as the accessory/wall mount and feed that back to the design team. Thank you for the additional comments & suggestions regarding use & design. This kind of feedback is really helpful to our team for consideration as we go forward with our future product designs.

Once again, thank you for an excellent & detailed review & we hope you continue enjoying using your Pure Cordless!

The Lupe Team
Excellent package, arrived super fast and easy to put together. Brilliant plastic free packaging and the machine works amazing!
Pick up of small dirt on carpet is very good, going to handheld mode could do with one less step, having to remove a rather short hose and then into the wand is a little cumbersome but other than that I’m loving it want to stick with it and gradually upgrade to better the experience.
Hi Karl

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with your detailed feedback and suggestions. This is definitely helpful and I will be passing it along to our engineers for review. Thanks again!

The Lupe Team
I love my new vacuum so much I've used it every day since it arrived. It's light, easy to manoeuvre and does the job brilliantly.
So far, very pleased with my new Lupe cordless vacuum. It has surpassed the abilities of my old Dyson. I do, however, wish the exhaust was not at the back side as it blows on my legs while I’m vacuuming. Other than that, Lupe is a solid cordless vacuum.
Hi Lori

Thank you for taking the time to reach out regarding your experience. I will share your thoughts and feedback with our team directly for further review.

Many thanks

The Lupe Team
I haven't had the Lupe vacuum long enough to fully evaluate its value to me, but I give it 5 stars so far. With our first use we were surprised by the amount of debris it picked up. It seems to be the lighter weight vacuum we were wanting... that we would be more likely to use frequently but also have the power to actually work. It is easy to quickly vacuum the kitchen and bathroom floors with the Lupe and also keep the hearth rug clear of wood debris. My hope is that it will be durable and powerful and have a long life.
Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Pure Cordless & for your positive comments. We really do appreciate customer feedback & I will make sure this gets back to our team.

Kind regards

The Lupe Team
Cleaning performance is amazing and very innovative design. Battery could be a bit bigger and maybe the hose is a tad to short (can't be extended enough).
Hi Thomas

The Lupe Team
very nice, but expensive, reason for only 4 stars , is that the tools are always falling out of the holder, whilst using
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Pure Cordless. Regarding the tools: when I use my Lupe, I double check the tools are slotting in from the top into the holder & swivel the longer accessories behind the stick handle, so they are out of the way.

I hope this can help improve your vacuuming experience.

The Lupe Team
This was a spectacular product upon opening. It felt solid.

Pros:
1 VERY powerful suction/vacuum
2 Solid Build and quality materials
3 eco friendly company
4 quiet operation
5 cool overall attraction and feel

Cons:
1 Very narrow vacuum head (the part that meets the floor. This means it takes more passes compared to an average vacuum.
2 The hose was so incredibly stiff and short that it caused me frustration. Though it seemed to be long-lasting material, I had my hand cramp up several times in a few minutes just to do basic vacuuming with attachments. For the record I'm a 30 year old male who works with my hands. I couldn't imaginey grandmother or someone meek attempting to use the Lupe with ease.
3 Weight: This vacuum is clearly well-built with good quality materials. It is so good that the weight is too much for an average person. Compound that with the self-propelled roller that is far too slow and you get a frustratingly slow vacuuming job. It felt like brakes were applied and I continually fought the vacuum. That is what really drew the line for me to return it.
4 The vacuum "head" has a bump on it. One half of it fit under the overhang of my cabinets and the other half got stuck because of it's height. This was another bothersome aspect I did not expect. (The replacement vacuum I currently have features a sleek, symmetrical head that fits perfectly under my couch and cabinets).
5 Portable mode or whatever it is called when you separate the main pieces, to vacuum stairs for instance, the unit is heavier and awkward to maneuver - again, without your hand(s) cramping up. The feet are not quite sufficient in my opinion.
6 No lights. Our new vacuum has a strip of LED lights that make an enormous difference in the effectiveness and enjoyment of spot vacuuming.
7 Price. The product is premium and did not feel right once I began using it.

I only used this one time before returning and realized I had made the wrong choice for your household. It is a great vacuum overall but did not suit our needs. I cannot comment on the longevity of the unit or the battery life.
Hi Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Pure Cordless. We really do appreciate constructive customer feedback & I will pass your comments to our engineering team.

The Pure Cordless cleaning head is 260mm wide which is comparable to most vacuum cleaners on the market.

Our engineering team is currently working on a longer hose attachment that will be available later this year to purchase from our website.

Although the Pure Cordless vacuum cleaner only weighs 4.6kg/10.1lbs in upright mode and 0.5kg/1.1lbs in handheld mode, the intense suction power means that it creates some resistance (especially on carpets) and can feel harder to manipulate at times – this however means excellent debris pick-up (including fine dust).

The Pure Cordless cleaner head is 75mm high so, although it is asymmetrical, it should fit under most furniture – that being said, we will pass your feedback onto our engineers.

With regards to LED lights, we felt that it was not in line with our ethos of innovating what should, not what could and that, due to the strong suction power of the Pure Cordless, there was no need for front lights.

Thank you again for reviewing our Pure Cordless.

The Lupe Team
Love that it is cordless, not heavy and looks like quality. Works great on hardwood floors, but mine is not working on carpet. That is not good at all, especially for the price! I have contacted Lupe and hope they can help. Unfortunately I purchased this during the busy holiday season and have not had time to deal with this. I hope I am given more time to return or resolve.
Hi Guadalupe, thank you for taking the time to review our Pure Cordless. We were sorry to read that you have had trouble with your machine on carpets. Your new brush bar in on the way so please let us know how you enjoy your Pure Cordless going forward.

Lupe Technology is rated 4.54 based on 311 reviews