Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Placed an order with Magazines Direct for Ideal Home in July 2020. I received a confirmation that September issue would start. No magazines received yet. Used complaint process. Only form letter responses. I can't even cancel to get a refund. Ideal Home should end their advertising with this company. Deplorable service. If I could give minus 10 I would.
Complete radio silence regarding my order for 2 months, not even a confirmation email - myself and many others were ignored, hung up on or left on eternal hold by the awful customer service, only to be emailed today that they oversold the magazine I ordered (despite me being most likely one of the first to order) and that they cancelled my order.

Mindblowingly bad.
Why I HAVE GIVEN THEM 1 STAR I DO NOT KNOW, JUST THAT THERE WAS NO OPTION, TAKEN MY MONEY, NO MAG AND NO REFUND, AS OTHERS SAY HELP LINE JUST CUTS YOU OFF. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.
I ordered a 12 month subscription to Homes & Gardens on 27th May 2020 and more than 4 months later I am still waiting for my magazines. The customer service is shocking. The best you get is an excuse and told to be patient. The helpline goes to a recorded message that puts you on hold for 20 minutes and then tells you to call back later as it cuts you off. Based on my experience I would recommend buying magazines from the shops not from Magazines Direct. I have given them 1 star as that is the lowest but they don't even warrant that. Other reviewers seem to agree. AVOID .
Did not get my order. Customer service never replies and never gives me my money back. In the middle of using paypal refund
How can this company still be trading when there are so many complaints. I’ve never heard of them, yet 2 direct debits of £1 each (separate numbers) came out of my account recently. How on earth did they get my details ?? Why are they allowed still to carry on with this. It’s appalling
money taken, magazine not received, complained to trading standards. AVOID AVOID AVOID or it WILL COST you
This is a company of THIEVES LIARS & SCAM ARTISTS.
Been told that my £93.99 subcription taken out on 20th August DOES NOT EXIST - despite receiving the confimation email and having the proof of paypal payment in my bank statement.
When (IF) you manage to get through to customer service do not belive GARETH AMDERSON or SHY STAMMERS they both fit the above category
I ordered a subscription to Ideal Home in early June and received a confirmation of my order which was placed using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. I have received no magazines and after holding on waiting for the Customer Service helpline was cut off. Dreadful Service.
Bought subscription to Woman and Home as Xmas gift for daughter. Have received no copies since July. Have rung 3 times - put on hold for half an hour then cut off. No customer service. Will probably have to go to small claims for a refund. Would never recommend.
THEY WILL NOT REFUND! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
They cancelled my magazine subscription in April as the magazine was no longer being produced and said they would issue a refund. Nothing came. I emailed, they replied saying refund issued to the card used to purchase. No refund has come. I have emailed 3 more times and only get automated emails saying system is being updated etc etc...still no refund or reply to any of my queries. Daylight robbery! I'm reporting them to trading standards.
I had £35 taken from my account and a refund was agreed upon but 8 weeks later still waiting.Been in touch with Magazines Direct who have said a refund was issued 6 weeks ago!!!!Total lies,no such refund in my account.DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
DO NOT TAKE OUT A SUBSCRIPTION WITH THIS SHOWER. MY LATE HUSBAND TOOK OUT A 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION IN FEBRUARY. HE DIED IN JULY I HAVE ASKED AND ASKED THEM NOT TO SEND ANYMORE. JUST RECEIVED YET ANOTHER ONE. THEY ARE TOTALLY USELESS. DISGUSTING SERVICE
Have had a subscription for over 20 years to Horse and hound with no problems till July of this year,when the Direct debit was taken from my bank,but have not received any magazines,have given me excuse after excuse.They promise to resolve the problem when you speak to them but do nothing about it,have cancelled my direct debit and will not use them again awful company.
I paid £6 for the first 6 issues of country life. The money was taken out of my account. I have still not received the magazine. The phone line for customer service just keeps you hanging on and on and on. I will be investigating this further.
Absolutely disgusted with MAGAZINES direct.
I used Tesco club card vouchers for an ideal home subscription in May!! Despite sending around 12 emails all I’ve had from them is excuses claiming “system problems” and not a single magazine. it is now mid sept, I’ve spoken to Tesco as they should not be offering a deal that cannot be fulfilled -they didn’t seem that bothered. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
I order a few magazines in the end of August. Received email confirming the purchase and that they had been dispatched. Never received my order and despite trying to contact their customer service (both by email and call) never received any reply.
Awful customer service. Do yourself a favor and never buy anything from this joke of a company.
Absolutely rubbish! I took out a subscription to Ideal Homes magazine with Tesco Clubcard vouchers; I got confirmation of the order and my first issue was due in July: did not receive it; complained via phone - reassured I would get that issue ( never arrived). August issue didn’t arrive - phoned (told it would be sent within 7 days...never arrived). Emailed to complain, told that as I was paying by direct debit I needed to confirm my details to ensure future deliveries...(hello..? I paid via Clubcard Vouchers?!!).
It is now past mid-September and I have received nothing..COVID 19 or no COVID 19, this is disgraceful and there is NO excuse for this shoddy lack of service/no show magazine: I am disgusted with this company! 0/10 and not a happy customer!
I took out a gift subscription and cancelled the direct debit after it was taken for the year. After a gap of over 18 months they reinstated the direct debit and will not give me a full refund. Even a partial refund should,have been back in my account within 10,days. Still not in there after nearly a month.
If I could give them a 0 * rating, I would have chosen that. Ordered in May. 4 months later I haven't received a single issue. I have contacted them a number of times. At first they denied receiving my order until I sent them the confirmation email but didn't make any difference as I still haven't received any magazines.
Magazines Direct is rated 1.11 based on 142 reviews