Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
Shocking, scammers, do not use.
Reading the other reviews I have had the same experience with this company. Cancelled my subscription in advance and they still took my money £41.49. Rang and was advised refund would be issued, nothing happened. Rang again told once again that it would be refunded within 5 working days. Nothing, rang again, this time they said there was no record of my last call. Said a cheque was sent. Not received. SaId they would not refund full amount - why? They said they would escalate to Head Office in UK. Not holding my breath. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
I had problems with a subscription as a gift for my sister in South Africa which I subsequently discovered she had never received. After attempting to get a refund via a South African call centre, I was told many times the refund had been sent. One version was the refund had been sent straight to my account. When I inquired again because the payment was never received, the second version was it had been sent by post. After each of these "transactions" I was told I must wait at least 10 working days, sometimes 5 working days, sometimes 2 weeks before the promised refund took place. After about 10 attempts to retrieve my money,and various ingenious excuses for the delays, with reassurances every time that the matter had been dealt with, I gave up and decided NEVER to deal with this company again.
Disgraceful customer service. Took money from my account when I had paused a magazine subscription when going away which is a mistake I accept. I phoned them to get the money back once returned from travels as no longer manage the magazine I subscribed to and they said they would credit my account. Nothing. I forgot about it and called 2 months later, the customer service woman was rude said in a clipped South African accent 'the money was paid back into your account man'. I said it hadnt and she then said Id called last week and it takes 7 to 10 days, I said I had called 2 months ago, she said the other operative I had spoken to had forgotten to action it and it would be credited and I asked for an email of confirmation. No apology and acted in an arrogant fashion as though this was somehow my fault when it was their incompetence. I accept mistakes but when someone acts in such an arrogant way to a customer of 5 years it makes me annoyed. I wotn hold my breath that she will action it and I will see an email but we will see.
Paid for a subscription to Mountain Bike Rider magazine. Didn't receive my first issue, looked at my online account and it stayed it had been delivered. Called Customer services and was told a replacement would come within a week. Did not arrive. Will cancel my subscription and claim a refund as this company do not appear reliable. It's a shame as I really like the magazine.
Paid for two magazines. Never arrived. Requested again, no response. Sent two more emails and no response. Bad customer service. Will open a dispute throughout Paypal. Very disappointing
Three simple emails sent to 'help@magazinesdirect.com' over three months to request basic information, but not one reply. They took my money readily enough with no problem, but to call their department 'customer care' is a laugh. Their customer service is non existent. I am in Canada still waiting for my first Country Life Magazine. Beware. Stick to purchasing their magazines from a newsagent. At least then you
will get what you pay for with no delay.
Bought a gift subscription which was advertised as coming with a free box of chocolates. The magazine finally started to arrive, but the chocolates didn't. Customer service is non-existent with this company, who just repeatedly point blank deny that there was any free gift offered, even when sent a link to their own website which still has the same free gift on offer. Absolutely appalling and dishonest service.
After being charged 4times for the the same magazine subscription, I decided to ring customer services. never has a department been so miss named.
After one phone call got refunded twice , (after 15 working days). ,AND then I was invoiced twice again!!!
Phone call number two , promised to refund all 3 overcharges (£150), and confirm back...heard nothing.
Phone call number three..confirmed a credit of ONE subscription. They were unable to pass through to their supervisor as they have to email them..promised a return email...NOTHING..

This is THEFT , and the customer service process is totally unprofessional....
Deanter magazine subscription. Rude and non-delivery issues. Avoid at all costs.
Four months and four phone calls after my initial order, with NO magazines sent, I finally got a refund. Don't deal with them!
Extremely rude customer service .
Felt like I was calling a bank when had to go through tighter security questions just to ask a simple question . Very blunt cold and unhelpful ‘magazine direct does not offer any discount for returning customer . No rewards ‘ so rejoin as the price is better for new customers . Felt so annoyed when I got off the phone due to the mans attitude that spoke to me ! Will go else where !
ordered as a xmas present, nothing received in December, present ruined having to puchase something else at the last minute, no one answering the phone to request refund, says i've had 2 issues already and cancellation is Dec 19 - only had 6 month subscription, contacting bank to cancel dd tomorrow seems to be a disorganised and evasive company.
I paid for a two year subscription as a gift for my sister and discovered it had never been sent. I was told several times the refund has been processed and sent and I must wait 10 days. After repeated phone calls always getting the same story, but in different forms...one was even..the money had been sent by cheque and I must wait 30 days... the cheque never arrived and I am still waiting... this has been going on for 6 months. I then cancelled my personal existing subscription because I no longer want to deal with magazines direct and now the same thing is happening with the money for this subscription. Payment has been processed but never arrives.I have been a customer for years with magazines direct but I have no wish to deal witha company any more who does not treat their customers well .
I noticed I had been charged twice (inexplicably) for a gift subscription. Spoke to their customer service who told me they only had record of one payment and I needed to email them proof.

I emailed them a screenshot of my statement showing the charge twice. After a few days a response and acknowledgement they would refund (allow up to 15 working days - FIFTEEN WORKING DAYS, for something not my fault).

Checking for my refund... I then noticed I have been charged again! Now a total overcharge of almost £80.

On Working Day 15 exactly, I received a refund for my initial overcharge. I still await my refund for the second overcharge, now almost 2 months after reporting the initial problem.

This company offers a basic product / service and can at very best described as a shambles.

It might even be fraudulent. Avoid at all costs.
Awful - messed up a gift for an 83 year old lady who had broken her arm, added it to my subscription. After many, many, many, many e-mails thought I had sorted it and cancelled friend's subscription only to find her name on my subscription - what a shambles!
I have had to cancel my subscription for Cycling Weekly due to either not receiving it or being delivered the following week.I am still owed one copy I have been contacting them every week for three weeks,they say they will send me the issue I am owed but I have not received it yet(I do not believe they are sending it)just trying to fob me off and blame Royal Mail.Disgusting service.
I ordered my magazine, first issue should have arrived 14th June, a month it still hasn't, I've rung and e mailed but they say they have sent it but will send another.
It's been ten days and still no issue has arrived, apparently its Royal Mail's fault but I don't what has happened, however I do know I'm paying for something I haven't received.
They have offered a free month at the end of the years subscription but that isn't much use if they can't deliver to me, I've checked the address they have forme and that seems OK.
I really not sure what is going on here
Ordered the Chat Magazine as a gift for my wife in November .2017...first issue to begin on January 18 2018... never came ..called Magazines Direct and they said it was sent ....waited 2 more weeks still no magazine ..called again and they said we will send you back issues and extend your subscription .....waited two more weeks no magazine..called again and told them no magazines have arrived yet ....called again and they said we sent them ...it is March 21 2018 and not one magazine has arrived ..so I called them and they said they were having problems sending to Canada ....we can extend your subscription and send you back issue .. no sense in doing that ..I had to cancel
I bought a subscription for my Mother-in-Law this Christmas.There was some trouble with them taking the money by direct debit, but it was paid on 17.1.18 and I was told the first issue would be sent out at the end of January. Come February still no magazine so I emailed the customer service to chase it up. I was told the first issue would be end of February. Then they debit my account again on 20.2.18! A completely unauthorised payment. I immediately cancelled my direct debit to stop any further unauthorised payments. My money was refunded on 22.2.18 and my Mother-in-Law finally received her magazine. Then I receive a letter telling me that as I had cancelled my direct debit the subscription had been cancelled and the last issue would be end of March!!! So I've paid for a six month subscription with the renewal being 17.7.18, but I am now being told that it had been cancelled. I was also told that both payments had been refunded. I checked my bank (even called them to be sure) and the January payment has not been refunded. This is without doubt the worst gift buying experience ever! So much hassle. What a terrible way to run a business. Ask they had to do when they saw that I had cancelled my direct debit was to contact me and ask me if I wanted the subscription to run until July, which I did!!! I will never use them again. There are other companies out there, I definitely advise using someone else! Also I'm sure their reviews on Feefo are doctored to only show the positive reviews! And I could not see how to add a review myself!
Magazines Direct is rated 1.11 based on 142 reviews