Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Courier, Own Driver
Over A Week

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
A year ago I was having my dream… A year ago I was having my dream kitchen installed total spend over 11.000 pounds I paid magnet for installation. Within weeks 5 cupboard doors had delaminated and compact laminate worktop blistered I had nova integra fitted.Nearly 9 months later after magnet refused to do anything to rectify, the ombudsman withheld my complaint of doors being replaced, it’s been extremely stressful, and upsetting and it’s certainly took the shine out of my dream kitchen so be warned no aftercare. I repeatedly tried to contact the manager at Shrewsbury branch but he never returned any calls.My kitchen like many had a guarantee but magnet did not honour it. Needless to say I have no trust in product or company. I wish a thousand times I had never used them.
Magnet Kitchens Macclesfield Nightmare We chose Magnets Kitchens Macclesfield because we believed them to be a high quality honest reputable company. How wrong we were! The salesman, Chris Pearce, promised us a high-quality fitter – trained to Magnet standards however, we were left with a substandard and unsafe kitchen. The whole experience has been an extremely stressful, expensive and very time-consuming event. Initial issues: • Start date and fitter changed 3 times. • The kitchen arrived a week earlier than arranged which then took up the whole of the dining and living room. On completion of the kitchen by Dave Fraser we then noticed: • The worktops were cut too short either end. • The Worktops were not on the same vertical plane as the cabinets. • The casings surrounding the cabinets were out of line and cut too short on each corner. • None of the doors were aligned with the cabinets, on any plane. • The fridge door did not open and close properly. • The cabinet enclosing the fridge freezer was not square. • Dishwasher waste pipe fitted without the standard air gap. • None of the cabinet doors were aligned with the casings, on any plane. • Some doors and drawers did not close properly, some missing covers. • The corner post was out of line. The units were not level. • Plug sockets at different heights along the worktops. After a visit from the manager from the Macclesfield branch, a remedial work list was then compiled. We obviously requested a new fitter. In addition to the above the new fitter discovered many more issues. • The hob was not Gas Safe (as it was positioned too close to the wall) – the worktop needed replacing. • The hole cut for the sink was cut too small and it was not sealed. This meant that in time water would penetrate into the worktop. Again the worktop needed replacing (opposite side of room to the above) • No isolation switch for the hob. • The electrics junction box behind the cabinets was not to safety standards. • The dishwasher was fitted without its spacers and seals above (the original seals had been thrown away) • The pelmet above the hob was not fitted correctly and some parts (for levelling) were missing and had been thrown away. • Fridge freezer had been fitted incorrectly. • One of the unit legs was broken off and several others were on an angle. • All the cuts to the end panels and cabinet surrounds were extremely rough. • We agreed to letting Dave Fraser the fitter do the plastering work. We later discovered he charged double the rate of a professional plasterer. The plastering work was so poor we had to pay extra money for a professional plasterer who had to plaster around the fitted units over the top of the sub-standard work. • When our regular electrician saw the electric work that Dave Fraser had done (before the units were fitted) he said that it was not to standard or safe. I contacted Chris Pearce to ask if Dave Fraser was qualified to do the electrical work and he said that he was, as long as they were certified by an electrician at the end of the job. Later on, after the initial kitchen fit Rick the manager at Macclesfield confirmed that Chris Pearce had lied to us, Dave Fraser was not certified to do the electric or gas work. When we had the poorly fitted worktops replaced; the fitter (certified electrician) confirmed that we had faulty electrics that could have led to a fire behind the cabinets. We were given gas and electric certificates without the work being checked by certified engineers. After several weeks dealing with the Macclesfield branch, and getting nowhere, we contacted customer support. Eventually we agreed a date for the second fitter to come and replace the worktops and fix as many of the issues as possible. Unfortunately, many of the problems could not be rectified. The second fitter was very attentive and highly skilled. He made a great job of refitting the (reordered) worktops and managed to sort many issues. With many issues unable to be rectified we invited Magnet's Area Manager to see the kitchen. It was agreed that we would receive a small amount of compensation for the issues that could not be rectified. They agreed to fix all the other issues (door alignment etc). It was later discovered that this was not possible without completely refitting the kitchen. We recently had the tiling done and discovered the wall cabinets are not level. In addition to the complaints detailed above, we had to constantly apply pressure to have the kitchen corrected to a reasonable standard. Although the second fitter managed to hide many of the problems, the kitchen is still far from perfect. The whole experience went on for well over 12 months. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The words ‘Trained to Magnet Standards’ means nothing.
Got very poor service from Magnet Got very poor service from Magnet, Brixton. The staff member who prepared the plans took no account of critical issues with the design of my kitchen, and talked me out of what I asked for. I was swept along by the script, and when I got home I found what she'd proposed was impossible, for reasons I explained at the beginning. When I phoned to discuss this, she said I must pay a £300 deposit before she would address the issues. Any company who treats me in the way I was treated by Magnet Brixton, isn't in my opinion, to be trusted. This isn't customer service. In my opinion, this is a very sharp-nosed operation that I think you need to be wary of.
Always sceptical with reviews as they could All be bad or anonymous or complete lies by individuals Made up my own mind where to buy my kitchen and after atrocious awful service from wren and wickes I decided to use magnet kitchens and all Was perfect - well designed - great customers service by the whole store and kitchen is a £16,000 delight . Recommended to all my friends
We were extremely disappointed with customer service at your minworth branch.. very uncooperative staff who wasn't that interested in assisting our needs..he never moved off his chair, when I asked what the procedure was regarding someone coming out to measure our kitchen,he said can we not measure it ourselves.. I will not be purchasing a new kitchen with your company,I would rather pay elsewhere where my needs are met..no effort was made at all,he showed us where to pick up a brochure,as he never left his chair once,it was like he just couldn't be bothered..we left your shop Very disappointed and deflated..
Awful experience once installed. We paid extra to get a paint to order kitchen and the paint on the corners just rub off! After sales don't want to know even months after trying and the quality of the units are just B&Q standard - nothing special at all for the price.
What a nightmare We had a kitchen fitter on the make. He employed the most expensive plasterer.,a gas fitter that didn’t turn upand a Very rude rubbish collector The attitude of him was like he was doing you a favour. The quality of the kitchen and design is good but beware of there kitchen fitters.
I wrongly assumed that Magnet was a reputable company. Please do not make the same mistake. To summarise: - We moved out of out house for 2 and a half weeks for the kitchen fit. In the end there were so many problems, the works spanned months and we were forced to live alongside it. - For four weeks we were essentially living upstairs with 2 toddlers and a baby because of issues with the flooring downstairs. There was no priority given - we had used a Magnet Kitchen Fitter so he had moved on to another job. - There was a serious incident where my 2 year old was nearly crushed by a solid wooden door which had been left off it's hinges and propped up in a doorway (that we hadn't been informed about). Upon raising duty of care concerns, I was advised 'Magnets duty of care extends only as far as the kitchen cupboards' and 'they wouldn't advise we let children into the work area'. In real terms, this translated to 'you should not have let your children downstairs for the last 5 months'. - The company Installations Manager didn't even bother replying to my complaint. - The newly laid underfloor heating circuit was severed as the flooring was laid on top. We have been left with broken underfloor heating and damaged flooring where the engineered oak floorboards were cut through to repair the heating issue (both repairs failed after a couple of weeks). The flooring cost approximately £5000. - I received an electric shock off the kitchen sink related to the underfloor heating. (The underfloor heating was then earthed). - The Magnet kitchen fitter stopped responding to my messages regarding the ongoing flooring problems once he had received payment, despite assurances that it had a 2 year waranty. When I complained again to Magnet they advised they are not contractually obliged to fix it (as it is private undertakings by their kitchen fitter) and that 'the complaint is now closed'. - Magnet have been deliberately obstructive when trying to resolve my service complaint to the point where I have been forced to contact a solicitor. I understand that sometimes there are unforeseen complications but I would respect Magnet a lot more if they had taken ownership of the problems as they arose, apologised and addressed them properly. To brazenly deny all responsibility in the way that they have is embarrassingly shameful. To endanger lives because of it is unforgivable. Please, shop elsewhere.
Kitchen excellent quality, mostly well planned. Problem lies with the recommended contractor who was unqualified and could not finish the job to an acceptable standard. We had to employ others to complete. Magnet came and inspected, agreed finish poor but no recourse as he was a contractor. Steer clear
Magnet are a complete mess, avoid at all costs! I ordered a kitchen in Jan 2021 after being lured in by deals. A summary of the issues: - Lots of wasted time. The first plan apparently didn't fit with the space when the pre-fit survey came, then they wanted an extra ~£1,000 to rectify this! - Poor communication between online and store teams meaning I had to be on the phone with the team almost every day to fix the errors - The team kept 'getting the price wrong' and revising it higher and higher (I still don't see how this makes and sense, other than blatant extortion) - Despite the pre-fit survey and revised plan with added costs, the final kitchen STILL DIDN'T FIT - Magnet added 3 units and associated doors & end panels (not cheap) onto the bill which were not part of the agreed floor plan! I am still trying to sort out the collection and refund of these, but Magnet are ignoring this. Unfortunately the builders started unpacking all items when they arrived so I can't even return it all Ultimately, it's been a complete headache. Expect disorganization, delays and hidden costs!
Appalling service stay well clear After purchasing a £12000 kitchen at the end of last year we were hoping that our dream kitchen would be complete in accordance with our new extension unfortunately we were sorely disappointed Firstly on delivery we were missing all our splashbacks and a fridge freezer the fit was then put back as we had to wait for the magnet installer who I have to say was excellent We are still awaiting splashbacks and have had no assistance from customer service who have basically washed their hands of it leaving us with an unfinished kitchen which we are now taking to a legal representative and trading standards Stay clear of this company if you want to get a good service
The great review comes down to two factors: I bought one of their most expensive kitchens and a fantastic fitter. The customer service I have received from the archway branch has been exceptional. The kitchen planner Aba Marful was fantastic. After all the bad reviews you might be reading on here you might be thinking I’ve been paid or I’m fake. I can assure you I’m not. However, I will say I had the kitchen fitted by a skilled craftsman and there is where I think lies the problem. It’s all in the fitting. You need a great fitter to get a fantastic kitchen. My guy is called Tony Stevens who’s based in London. My Somerton kitchen looks amazing.
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE – STEER CLEAR unless you want to pay 5000 Quid for a 700 pound kitchen!! Story - I ordered a new kitchen for my elderly 80+ yr. old parents through one of their "contractors" who promised me that he was a certified Magnet contractor – five star and all that - he then insisted on full payment, charged me 250/ 300% on top of the kitchen, disappeared for three months, after we threatened legal action he came back - assembled it in the wrong place and badly, did not use genuine parts and then did a runner before finishing the job! We tried every possible recourse and I then turned to Magnet to help out and head office and branch office told me that THEIR CONTRACTOR was the client NOT MY PARENTS WHO PAID FOR THE KITCHEN!.. STEER VERY CLEAR, they just care about their contractors who they give all sorts of incentives, not the real paying clients!!
A word of warning.... Do NOT buy a Magnet kitchen. I have spent a lot of money and the whole experience has been disappointing and stressful. I’ve had missing items, deliveries that haven’t even turned up and they don’t answer the phone. When I complained by email, I didn’t even get a reply. They are quick to take your money and then they don’t want to know.
Living for a year and counting in a building site Magnet very quick and helpful to book and design the kitchen. Unfortunately that was where anything good ended. The kitchen turned up late and incomplete. The fitter did not turn up at all. This was December. It's now the following November. 4 fitters, 3 managers later and we've been treated with nothing but contempt and apathy. This goes for all levels of magnet as we've escalated the complaint. Works are still not completed and the mess that previous fitters have made of the job have to be corrected. We've been storing all sorts of large bulky materials whilst other components have never arrived. We have been lied to and led on time and time and time again. We're so stressed and heartbroken, everytime I even look at our mess of a kitchen it makes me feel awful.
I don't know whats happened to Magnet's.. l have purchased two kitchens from them in the past and have been really pleased with their product and service. Attempting to progress a third and their customer service at Swindon is non existent, not something you would expect from the branch manager. Any progress or contact is down to just my efforts, never receive a call back or email. Appalling service!
The communication at your Inverness brach is appalling!
We ordered a kitchen from Magnet in August. On delivery, we were told that our freezer was delayed by about 6 weeks. We couldn't wait 6 weeks without a freezer and so we ordered one. We are still waiting for the refund. The units we purchased are such poor quality that it looks like we have had the kitchen for years. The units came scratched, dented, marked and when we tried to get hold of the customer care team, they are u able to help us beacuse they are finishing work. The person who sold us the kitchen talks to us like it is our fault. I'm trying to get a refund, but it seems impossible. I would stay away from Magnet!
Terrible experience and would never recommend Magnet. From the start I started off with one designer then changed midway through. There was no handover so I had to explain the whole design again from scratch. Ended up with a poorly designed plan that didnt allow for height restrictions for the gas hob. If I hadn't mentioned it I would have set my cupboards alight. Had to change to an electric hob that I didnt want, pay an electrician to allow for this and compromise on cupboards/overall look of the kitchen plan to accommodate for their mistake. My kitchen fitter had to make endless adjustments to make up for the design which costs me a fortune. Signed a contract for items that either didnt arrive or didnt fit. To add insult to injury I had to return and collect the wrong items myself. Should have gone to Howdens! The manager was rude and abrasive and point blankly said he is not compensating me for their errors. Poor customer service.
Our initial experience in the office was good; a lovely team with creative ideas, and ready to help when needed. Unfortunately, it seems only the girls in the office care about Magnet's customers. We start having problems with the delivery team. They did not deliver all the appliances, the sink was missing in the list of ordered goods, and they delivered the wrong handles. The girls in the office tried their best to fix the mentioned issues. After a week and a half of waiting for a new delivery, we ended up with the wrong gas hob. Again the girls from the office tried to fix the issue; it took them a week to find out that the originally ordered gas hob is out of stock, and the delivery team decided to swap with another one. The delivered gas hob was an entirely different style, and we agreed with for a refund. Their poor internal communication caused a month delay and a lot of discomfort for the family. If you think the story ended up here, I can tell you that we are still waiting for a refund. More than one month passed, and their finance team can not manage to do a refund. The message which we received after one month of waiting states: "... as I mentioned earlier, it takes time to process it as it goes through various departments. The finance amount hasn’t been reduced just yet as things are now taking longer than usual due to reduced staff in our departments as some people are working from home or still on furlough." Magnet has serious problems in their company, and if you want to have additional stress in your personal life, then go ahead and buy kitchens from them.
Magnet is rated 1.70 based on 60 reviews