Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Magnet 1 star review on 21st January 2020
Mike Eccles
More Photos & Videos
So disappointed! Had our kitchen replaced 5 years ago and we have had nothing but problems. All the doors have been replaced numerous times due to the vinyl covering bubbling at the tops and bottoms of most of the doors. Last time we went to collect the remaining few for replacement we were told our kitchen had been discontinued due to this very issue!!! Well now the replaced (for the 5th time) doors are also bubbling and peeling off. After spending a lot of money we have been fobbed off, bad customer service, head office don’t give a hoot and our kitchen looks hideous! We saved for years for a new kitchen and I have spent many times crying over it!!! What ever happened to the warranty!!!!!! As it stands I tell everyone not to ever buy a magnet kitchen!
No point in contacting, they just fobbed me off and blamed me for everything! Magnet Kitchens are s**t!!!!
In March last year I purchased a kitchen from magnet at a cost of £11000 and I am sorry to say that things have hardly ran smoothly from the offset. To begin with the fitter removed everything from my kitchen on the first day, including the sink and cooker, despite having been told the sink is last out and first back in. Needless to say this meant that we had no running water or cooking facilities for almost three weeks. ( had been told the job would be completed within 10 days ) Next, the splash backs were fitted to brick wall as the plaster had not been made good by the fitter. Then the soft closers were missed from some of the doors. Finally, after being completed for approximately 3 weeks, the work tops began to shrink back and had to be replaced. This time by a different fitter. Unfortunately, this meant removing my fridge for a time. We were still able to use it so the fact that it was in the dining room temporarily was no big issue. However, when the fitter put it back in place it we found that it was no longer working properly. Apparently, he advised would soon be needing a replacement as this was getting close to its sell by. Ironically, this was very close indeed. From that day on my fridge would not retain a stable temperature and the contents were either warm or or frozen. I purchased a new fridge and paid to have it installed, neither of these were through Magnet. When my new fridge was being installed the fitter told me the end panel of the housing wasn't straight but he would do the best he could with it. Unfortunately, the end result was that the door was offset at one side. A few months later I noticed white spots appearing on some of the cupboards, bottom and top, where the finish was coming off. These were replaced by Magnet and the fridge door was made good, or so I thought. Within days it was scraping against the next cupboard and now sounds like something from the Addams Family. Last but not least I now have the finish coming off 2 more doors and 1 drawer. I have not been able to make Magnet aware of this as yet due to the lockdown but I do plan to. I would like to point out that only myself and my husband live here so it is far from a busy kitchen. To be fair to Magnet, the after care to date has been excellent. They have attended to all the faults I have talked about in this review and apologised for the inconvenience and disappointment we have experienced. Unfortunately, this doesn't make up for the poor service we received or the fact that quality of goods in this instance is sub standard. I went to Magnet because of their good reputation when I could have got better for half the price. We live and learn
Excellent customer service experience.
Staff very knowledgeable of products and great price
Coventry Magnet...as a returning customer I'm really disappointed by the service offered. All appeared good at the point of design (apart from the prices of electrical items constantly changing)...chose my own fitters to complete the install.
Became apparent the measurements were wrong for both the utility and kitchen. Cupboards had to be cut smaller meaning less storage space, measurements for the sink were incorrect - eventually found one that would fit (tried 3!) missing panels...delivered the next day but in white...my kitchen is grey! Joins in worktop that I wasnt expecting, cutlery drawer inserts missing, and ended up buying two cooker panel inserts from Howdens as Magnet only do one size..which when cut to size dont match the design of the other cupboard fronts. Manager really unhelpful and dismissive, apparently not Magnets fault as my fitters should of done a pre install measure/check (basic measurements-surely part of the design service..they did visit twice!)...happy to take your money and then cast you aside. Install cost me more due to the extra work and time taken...of course Magnet dont want to reimburse me for this...really poor customer service.
We have been promised an installer will arrive for over three months to finish off the kitchen install. They don't arrive, nor do they have the courtesy of letting us know that they wont arrive on the agreed date. They have no apology but only excuses. Avoid Magnet. Overpriced/ overrated.
Horrendous experience from start to finish (although technically still not finished)
Started later then the agreed date and they didn’t let me know in advance or even in the day. I was chasing to find out what was going on and had wasted taken time off work.
All materials did not arrive when their installer was at mine to fit it, which resulted in half days here and there and doing the install in bits over a 3 week period.
The installer rushed to complete due to the delays experienced and start their next job with magnets, which resulted in wonky units, chipped worktops, and uncompleted works which have not been sorted several months later.
I would never recommend magnets and have no intention of using them on any future refurbishments.
Magnets also wrongfully charge for electrical certificates even if no electrical works have been carried out, taking advantage of people that are not from a construction background.
We went to Magnet's Gillingham store, probably around September or October 2019. First impressions were very good. Ricky was very helpful and we chose a design and colours we were happy with. As Magnet fitters do not fit flooring or do any plastering or extras which may be required unless we paid them extra, and, not knowing how much extra that cost would be, we opted to have our own fitter to fit the kitchen. It was delivered on 21st November 2019 and fitting commenced on 25th November. All went well until a day or so before the work was finished when our fitter asked where was the glass splashback to go behind the cooker. It had not been delivered by Magnet and, when I called to find out why, I was told that Magnet fitters contact the store to order the glass splashback once the cabinets have been fitted and proper measurements have been made. The fact that we had not been made aware of this beforehand resulted in a two to three week delay which could have been avoided had Magnet told us at at the outset to send in the measurements as soon as the cabinets were fitted. We were then told that there would be a delay and that the splashback would not be delivered until around 7th January. We were told that we would be called when it had been delivered and the fitter would be in touch with us to fit it. By 9th January, I had heard nothing so I called Magnet. The splashback had been delivered to Magnet but they had not called to let us know. There were a couple of things which also needed fixing, which Ricky said he'd pass on to the fitter. More time passed with no word so, yet again, I called Magnet. This time, a fitter did call back and we fixed a date for him to fit the splashback. When he arrived, he told us that the extra things which needed adjustments had not been mentioned to him, in spite of my asking for them to be addressed more than once when speaking to Ricky. This resulted in him having to make another date to make those adjustments. When he fitted the splashback, he noticed that the trim on the surrounding backboard was missing. He said he would ask Magnet to order this, which he did. This took another three weeks to arrive and again, I was the one having to make the call to Magnet as they had not bothered to tell me that the trim had arrived. During my phone call to Magnet, I was told that I would be called by the fitter and that it would be fitted this week. Guess what? Today is Thursday and, yup. No call. So again, I did the chasing by calling Magnet to try and arrange for a fitter to do this one remaining small job. I spoke to a lady who told me there were no outstanding jobs in my name and she will call me back tomorrow. Ricky is off this week and there is apparently no way of finding out what was needed. No note on my file, if I even have a file. So here I am in limbo, more than 3 months since the kitchen was delivered and STILL it is not complete with no sign of any date being fixed for this one remaining small job. Magnet have not been at all proactive on this job. I have had to do all the chasing. They have not informed me when they have received deliveries for me or told me if I need to take action to make something happen. It seems I have to make around 3 phone calls before anything ever happens. I am so very fed up. Should it really take over 3 months for a kitchen to be completed? I don't think so. I'm at the end of my patience and end of my tether waiting for Magnet. Nice kitchen but shocking after sales service. I should have listened to the other kitchen supplier who told me that Magnet would fail to deliver. He said he'd seen it time and time again. Looks like he was right.
Kitchen itself is great and very few problems with units and other items.
Our problem was with Magnet’s Fitting Services, as their contractor was useless, took over 19 weeks to finish the job, had never fitted our product before, resulted in 3 call outs from Electrolux to make good the fitters errors, ripped us off for extra’s and with no support from Magnet at all!!!
So, consider their kitchens, but don’t trust their fitting, as all they do is hide behind irrelevant codes of practice and fitting agreements with no useful support whatsoever!!! Beware
I bought a kitchen from magnet in enfield all the drawing and plan was wrong anglous and matt can't design a dog house I took them to a Ombudsman service and there can't do anything about it I took the drawing to magnet in solihull retail park and he said it was a design problem so the magnet directors should know all about this issues and why there employ anglous and matt for there can't do there job waste of money it costs me a lot of money to put it right magnet company is ripped off customer
Do not recommend this place. Get kitchen anywhere but magnet, after paying £11000 I can tell you, if anything goes wrong after you paid the money, it's not their problem and you will have to fix it yourself. I have a 24 month warranty piece of paper which they ignore. Good luck if you go with them. They do not respect TrustMark.
Soooo bad! They said they would deliver on a Tuesday and was in the van Monday so would be with us at 8am....well. Turns out the kitchen had not been made. Finally arrived Thursday with missing pieces. And they act like the Furniture Ombudsman suggested £50 per day minimum is law.

Anyway - at least I persuaded 3 people to go to Wrens instead since then. Can't let friends or family use them.
had a quote for nearly 10 grand, really??? small kitchen and this was supposed to have been half price! then they phoned me back saying they would knock £400 off. i have no faith in these companies why the hell dont they say that in the first place? went to wren and Howdens and was quoted half the price, avoid magnet they are a rip off, totally!
Stay well clear of these kitchens, the quality is absolutely shocking. I had a total of eight units replaced due to hole alignment issues and an additional unit that had surfaces resembling something that had being kicked around the car park. Other issues included;
damaged edges, poor quality edges, panels not aligned, parts missing and joints not aligned.
Despite bringing numerous quality issues to the attention of the customer care team almost two months ago they have failed to resolve the outstanding issues.
Due to delays whilst waiting for replacement units, the lack of action to resolve and acknowledge the poor quality, implicated costs, substantial amount of time spent trying to sort, the whole experience has being extremely stressful.
I have added several photos to highlight these issues.
Just had a very bad experience with Magnet Stourbridge branch. Initially, because l saw a trainee planner, she omitted to tell me that the products were flat pack, so if l wanted them made up l needed to pay another£1700. I was told this after l'd agreed to the purchase and paid a £300 deposit. As l'd have had to pay the fitter l'd arranged to do the work for me another £1500, l had to go with their fitting service for £2083, otherwise l'd have lost money. It took ages for their fitter to get in touch and l found him unpleasant. At this stage l'd been told by Magnet that before anything was ordered l'd go in store to look at an itemized list (l'd not had one up to now) and agree to everything before l paid the balance/kitchen ordered. I'd been given a date for fitting which the fitter didn't know about, but told them l didn't want to confirm until l'd been given a complete cost of electrics etc. To my surprise l had a letter from their factory saying that my kitchen had been ordered and a date when it was going to be delivered. As l hadn't even been in the store to finalize every thing, you can imagine my annoyance. I'd had enough of their unprofessional attitude, so went in store to cancel my order and receive back my £300 deposit. The manager at the Stourbridge branch was rude and nasty. Despite never telling me, he said l couldn't have back my deposit once the order had been placed and l should have read their terms and conditions (which l was never shown) He had no right to order the kitchen without finalization, as agreed. After getting very upset and speaking to customer services l eventually got back half my deposit £150. I was told l couldn't have it all, as they'd had to pay for the rude fitter when he came to see me!! I'd used Magnet in the past and had good experiences, but never again after what's happened. I think the manager at Stourbridge needs training in manners, store procedures and personal skills.
Poor design left me over £500 out of pocket to correct their mistakes
I paid £10k for a ‘slab in frame’ kitchen (ex fitting, appliances and work tops), basically just the chipboard.

Imagine my surprise when it turned up and the cupboard doors were actually just mocked up ordinary ‘slab’ doors.

And the reason I didn’t get the ‘slab in frame’ doors I was sold was because ‘...there was no alternative...’.

As you can probably guess that wasn’t what their sales woman told me.

Whilst I accept fitted appliances need mocked up doors it’s inexcusable to put fake ‘slab in frame’ doors on ordinary cupboards.

I’ve taken this to my local Trades and Standards officer to try and stop anyone else getting ripped off.

If you like the premium look of this type of kitchen go to Howdens it’s cheaper and they make no qualms about supply mocked up doors.

I’ve uploaded two photos the genuine ‘slab in frame’ I was sold and the fake ones I’ve been told I’ll just have to put up with.
Agree with the review that said they ask you to rate them on trustpilot immediately, and yes it's probably because you can't see the faults. The quality of the cupboard doors is extremely poor to say the least, the MDF covering isn't finished properly. My kitchen is just over a year old and is already starting show age. Looking back I was bullied by the designer into having what she wanted. As far as I'm concerned I wasted £22,000 on a kitchen I could have got from B&Q at half the price and better quality. If it was possible to give 0 stars I would have.
Awful customer experience in two different magnet stores. Staff not interested in helping you if they know that you dont want the kitchen immediately. Makes you not want to buy from here purely on the appalling customer experience. We will be avoiding.
I wish I'd come across this site before buying...

The truth of the matter is, Magent ask for all their trustpilot reviews immediately after sale, at which point everybody is happy.

But it's only once your kitchen gets fitted that you realise just how terrible the products are, how bad your design is in reality and how little the staff care.

Magnet the organisation is set up so you can basically only deal with the store your bought from, with very little discourse to raise it up the chain, and honestly the store does not care when you have an issue afterwards.

I spent over £10k with Magnet and frankly I wish I hadn't - the product is no better than the cheaper places, the design has fundamental flaws and omissions which the store won't take the blame for and now we're left with a non-functioning terrible looking kitchen that they want to take more money off us to resolve - I'm pleading with everyone else, don't make the same mistake

Avoid
Horrible experience. They do not refund the money. After a year still nothing!?! I can not believe it. Please stop buying from them anything if you want to avoid any disappointment. Rubbish customer service. The least honest company I have ever came across. When I think about them there is only one word that crossing my mind: SCUM!!!
Magnet is rated 1.90 based on 31 reviews