Magnet Reviews

1.8
Based on 96 reviews
Courier, Own Driver
Over A Week

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Magnet 5 star review on 11th December 2021
Magnet 1 star review on 21st October 2021
Disaster. Nearly three weeks after the promised delivery date, I have received only an incomplete order, incorrect units, units which do not match the kitchen, units which are broken or damaged. This morning their delivery man tried to deliver the incorrect units which he had removed yesterday. Local office not taking phone calls now that the bill has been paid. Head Office Customer Service is a joke. Nobody from senior management has had the courtesy to telephone, Customer Service is "following procedure". I am paying my builder to twiddle his thumbs. Avoid.
We purchased a kitchen via the on line team and Roche branch in Cornwall. Service has been appalling: Kitchen delivered with units wrong and missing and no worktop at all : Branch have been very unhelpful and Area manager I has no idea what is happening and isn’t interested: I would never purchase from them again :
We have just bought our kitchen from Magnet so cannot vouch for installation etc but we did want to give a massive shout out to Riad who is the manager at the Clapham Branch. We went in with a clear picture of what we wanted and it would have been awful. Riad really knew his business and we have ended up choosing a really fabulous looking kitchen and worktop. All without an argument too. Thank you Riad.
Legs missing from oven housing, drawer runner screws missing, instructions contradicting for fitting of pull out drawer. Experienced fitters having difficulty with instructions. I would not be recommending their kitchens to anyone especially after two visits back to get things that should have been supplied
Terrible quality, the fitter was useless and we had to get someone back to fix the issues. Over priced and after doing research, we have been ripped off!
Incompetent liars. The salesman charged us for a fitted kitchen without visiting the site to assess services or measure up. When the fitter came he said it would cost £350 more than we had already paid. Kitchen still not fitted a month after promised date. Magnet have had our money for months and not provided anything.
Design was very good but actually getting the kitchen fitted took months and there is no communication from Magnet whilst this takes place and no After Fit contact. We were told we would have someone visit from Magnet after the installation to check everything is ok. Despite repeated emails this has not happened and the tap in our sink is hanging so loose now it's ridiculous.
I went to the Musselburgh shop today, the guy was almost jumping with excitement when I arrived. Well...the minute I mentioned my price, his demeanour changed rather quickly. He actually told me he didn't have time to spend with me. Disgusted, money is money at the end of the day, and I only have room for 3 cabinets!!!
I would like to echo the comments of the last reviewer I had the misfortune to deal with the High St Ken branch
Poor customer service, kitchen put in at wrong height and blamed me for not telling them I was putting flooring down on the bare plywood floor…… Some appliances don’t fit under the units. Nothing resolved 2 years.
Still have an incomplete kitchen and was promised it would be done by Christmas. Poor communication and impossible to get information.
HELLS KITCHEN, or KITCHEN SHOWROOM FROM HELL. A more disinterested, underwhelmingly disrespectful gang of staff, operators and owners you would struggle to find anywhere. Particularly at the Watery Lane, Preston, Lancashire showroom, where my wife and I, both of whom are elderly disabled pensioners visited hoping to install a kitchen designed around our needs of eye level placement due to our inability to bend, looking for layout idea's, a brochure, and hopefully get some design input coupled to a cost estimate. Unfortunately, having parked up and entered the building, not a single person could be bothered to raise sufficient enthusiasm even to notice us as they were all way too busy laughing and talking between themselves. Worse still, nobody bothered to point out the need to record our car registration. A requirement we discovered weeks later when a demand for £60 (raised to £100 on appeal) appeared through our letter box, despite there being no sign as per IPC requirements at the site entrance, and no signs in the bays we used. There is however a small sign at the door entrance. But unfortunately, as my wife walks with a stick with her free arm linked to mine for steadiness, we both need to look down ahead of us so as not to trip each other up. So yes, we missed it. And as I've said, the staff were too busy with each other to put us right. All subsequent appeals have now failed, including one to the MD of Magnet personally. A cheap shot, 'robbing' elderly, disabled, genuine customers. Well, would-be customers. I personally would never go back there again. So a blessing in disguise in some ways as the kitchen units are poor quality, and allegedly, the fitting and after-sales service is equally poor. Not the best approach to boosting income. On the plus side, loosing the £100 may turn out to be a blessing in disguise long term. Stick with Wickes, Wren, or B&Q. All better quality by far, with genuine 'free' customer car parking.
The manager’s attitude was absolutely disgusting!!! I’m still in shock after the experience.. he was so rude and didn’t care whether he had my business or not.
Horrible customer service. In a nutshell, kitchen has been delivered over a month ago, left on site and still uninstalled. They are very poor at returning calls, passed on my details to their installer (without permission) and the installer even emailed me asking for more money after we have paid everything to Magnet. Terrible, shambolic and stressful. AVOID.
We were very impressed with the customer service we received, a majority of our painted doors had water marks on them and as a good will gesture, Magnets replaced all the doors that had marks, very impressed with their service
I am kitchen fitter and I’ve recently installed a magnet kitchen for a customer. I will never again take on a magnet kitchen fit. Quality is poor and customer service dreadful, even with trade counter. Kitchen vastly overpriced and felt sorry for customer, having been ripped off.
Read the reviews and possibly relieved as we have had quotes from Independant and chain kitchen suppliers and for 14 units without appliances and fixtures came in at an average of £6.5k. With 50% off with Magnet we had the surprise quote of £11.2k (£22k full price) by magnet on MDF doors which are priced as such as they have a better coating, £6k for “services/fitting” where others are charging £3.5k and quartz top averaged £4k yet a lovely quote of £9k from Magnet. Without sale we would have a kitchen with MDF doors and without appliances costing £40k. Really disappointed and found the visual design when presented wasn’t even completed, virtual design Manager when contacted stood by the quote.. nothing further can be said!
The quality of service from Magnet kitchens is absolutely awful and I would not recommend them under any circumstances!! Pretty much everything was done badly – they were very disorganised, communication was really really poor and the quality of the installation was bad (29 snagging problems to date - some minor, some major). The process has been really time-consuming and stressful. The installers tried to fob me off a lot of the time when I pointed out faults and Magnet have shown very little interest in putting things right. I’ve been chasing them for several weeks for a substantial refund I’m owed (not paid yet). They put my email address and mobile number on their marketing lists after I asked them not to. See photos on mymagnetkitchen.wordpress.com
Magnet 1 star review on 23rd December 2021 Magnet 1 star review on 23rd December 2021 Magnet 1 star review on 23rd December 2021 Magnet 1 star review on 23rd December 2021 Magnet 1 star review on 23rd December 2021
What was designed and delivered was not what we discussed in-store. Panels were added to the order, which we tried to cancel but we were told we could not. Handles for the units were removed without our instruction The fitting went ahead on instruction from the store even though we said we need further discussion.
The service from Magnet kitchens is terrible they dont return calls and the manager of the Aintree branch told us point blank they didn't want our business and to deal with a branch 40 miles away. Do not bother with this company for kitchens as they cant be bothered changing designs and the internal politics is disgarcefull - avoid at all costs!! They are prepared to loose kitchen sales rather than ensure their staff do a good job for their customers.
Magnet is rated 1.76 based on 96 reviews