Misfits Market Reviews

of reviewers recommend Misfits Market

Tell us how Misfits Market made you happy
DO NOT order from this company.

I placed an order last week, and I was certain I entered the correct address. Their website wound up having a glitch and the box was delivered to some address that doesn't even exist: no house #, no street.

I let Misfits Market know 5 days ago, and they just got back to me TODAY, the day of delivery, and told me to call fedex.

Terrible customer service. They don't care about their customers and refuse to fix problems that they are responsible for.

Lastly, they have yet to give me back my money.

Find a local farm to buy stuff from. These people are creeps.
Posted 37 minutes ago
I have had 4-5 deliveries from Misfits now, and am increasingly disappointed. Trying to get on the website in time to make favorable selections is difficult and by the time I do get to teh site, there is the same old tired stuff to choose from. I have had deliveries of some items that were rotten and inedible. Last week a mini watermelon was found split open when I opened the box, I pulled it apart thinking it might still be edible. Instead there was dark red mush- way overripe- inside. There was something else rotten that week but cannot recall what. A bag of organic chips in last Friday's box were open and spilled all over the box. And insteaf of the carrots I ordered I got a huge fennel. Cost wise, yes, it is less expensive than buying the same thing at the grocery. But if I keep getting items that are rotten, that cost savings could instead becomd a loss.
My very first box left me utterly disappointed. Upon opening, I discovered that there was no separation of items and everything had been thrown in haphazardly. On top of everything, my container of Strawberries were complete mush and leaking on all of my other produce. I also found that there was a rotting potato and both packs of scallions had rot on them. I then discovered more food was rotten as I cut into and attempted to use it. I was already apprehensive about someone else picking my produce, this company instantly ruined any future thoughts I had about ordering produce online. Do not waste your money.
OK its my first box... disappointed to see such bad reviews. 4 people at work RAVE about this company and one of them has been using misfits for 6 months! Here's my first impressions November 2020: 1. Box arrived 1 day early! A super happy surprise as my fridge happened to be very low and I desperately needed food! 2. There was TONS of produce in my box--especially wonderful greens which I love and again needed immediately. 3. If you don't put you order in right when ordering window opens... many great items sell out ---so that kind of stunk but now I know I just need to order early. 4. Here's the bad---eggplant had many mushy spots> half got ditched. portion broccolini and yellow squash were MEASLY... not enough for 1/2 person... forget "2 people" in my small box size 5. raddichio was half moldy and rotten... got ditched and brussel sprouts had bad spots on them. otherwise.. they threw in so many onions I am going to have to give some out! so some portions were generous as I mentioned. Also I was impressed with their marketplace a la carte choices and will likely use that a lot (nut milks, oils, nuts, nut butters, coffee, etc!_
I love the concept of this company, but the veggies do not arrive fresh, the ice packets are often leaking, and the number of items is often not what I expect. I wish they were just oddly shaped but fresh produce. Instead, I feel it's past date or spoiling items. I would rather they sell to homeless shelters or places near their warehouses where people could get the extra food fresh rather than ship it for days and it arrive unusable or half spoiled. Disappointed. I'd like to support them but just cancelled. Plus, the extra packing was more than needed. My fresh dog food is shipped with dry ice and less packaging than Misfits.
I have been a customer of Misfits Market for about 6 months receiving the larger box bi-weekly. There have been two instances where MM got the order right without issue. Every other time they have dropped the ball - not great odds. Sometimes the order doesn't deliver at all, other times it's late (not good for produce!), but most often the product paid for is missing. Every single time I have given them another chance and spent extra money on add-on items, the items are missing. Today I received 1 of 3 add-on items which is the most I've ever gotten.

I am finally writing this review because I want others to be aware of this and certain they verify that their box actually contains what they paid for. It seems this company is reliant on sales for product they rarely actually ship.
WARNING!!!! 3 out of my last 4 orders never showed up. With no communication or resolutions. I loved the concept of this company, but customer service has been extremely poor. The whole idea of zero waste is great, but I plan my shopping around what I order and to have it just now show???? Also, the tracking info kept saying that it would be delivered the following day for 5 days in a row, so that was a total waste of time having to keep checking in to see if/when my order would ever show. Their only resolution was to refund the money for the orders that I never received. Horrible customer service!!!!!!!!
Smart advertising goad's you into purchasing mostly write-off produce. Genius.
I have just cancelled my Misfits Market subscription for the second and final time. While the idea is an appealing one, the execution leaves much to be desired. The idea of a "customizable" box is a joke--the reality is that you get what they have in the warehouse, which is not necessarily what you ordered or were planning on, and the "substitutions" may bear no resemblance to your expectations. My red lettuce ordered was substituted with a huge head of Napa lettuce--ditto for turnips, apples, and on and on. And the organic pineapple that I ordered as an add-on was so past its sell-by date that it developed mold after two days and was inedible. Save your money and find a nice co-op nearby where you can see what you're getting.
Terrible. They will not allow me to reset my password to cancel my subscription. I have tried to speak with them multiple times about this but they keep charging my account.
Excited to receive my first delivery. BUT
highly over represented, when choosing items it says "onion". you in fact get ONE onion. I opened the box

Ice packs had melted completely. the contained...

One lettuce, disintegrate when I picked it up. (IN THE BIN)
ONE molded cucumber. (IN THE BIN)
ONE decomposed cucumber (IN THE BIN)
ONE celery - slimey (IN THE BIN)
ONE Red kale, turned to slime when I washed it. (IN THE BIN)
THREE yellow squash which looked like they'd been chewed up. (DITTO)
THREE red apples. IN GOOD SHAPE
TWO beetroot. IN GOOD SHAPE
TWO BUNCHES CORIANDER/CILANTRO

i grew up on a farm. I know what organic looks like. This waste food waste. You expect me to feed my children this stuff? we wanted to support an online business, but we cannot. Subscription cancelled.
It was fine at first then I was receiving rotten vegetables I couldn't find a phone number anywhere I received an email that they were going to charge my account and I didnt even order anything!
I received several boxes of produce. The first was fine. Each box after the first was worse than the prior one. There were smashed boxes, mushy blueberries, mushy strawberries, broken vegetables, etc. Successive boxes had fewer and fewer items. The value is poor. I contacted the company three times via their website. I have yet to receive a response. I do not recommend this company. They obviously do not care about their customers.
I was surprised to see so many negative reviews! I received my box today, all items looked great and were barely blemished. They were not washed which was okay with me, for the price, and all my add on's were there. The only downside is that this is a first come first service box deal. So, if you are not the first o ne to pick your items, they sell out fairly quick. With that, I did get a few things I would not buy nor know quite what to do with, like golden beets. But, I found they are yummy raw so may just cut them up and eat that way. Next time I receive my notification I can pick my contents, I will be sure to jump on earlier!
It's a good idea but not ready for prime time. The produce is about what you'd find on the "seconds" shelf at your grocery store and is not helped by five days in transit. My last box did not contain items that I had paid extra for, much of the produce was dirty, and oddly, the lettuce had been placed at the bottom of the box, then covered by other items so it was flattened and bruised. Customer Service did not respond to my email complaining about item quality.
I read several negative reviews, but decided to give Misfits a try anyway. Have had 3 boxes delivered and everything has been fresh and good quality. The only caution I have is that you have to be flexible about your menu until you see what arrives. For example, I ordered russet potatoes thinking I might use them for oven fries, but the couple that came were so small I couldn't, so I used them for soup. Also have ordered zucchini and got one that was quite small--so stir fry. I think the convenience and price.
After many personal recommendations, we decided to give Misfits a try.
Sad to say our first time was our last.
I thought they were making a fair credit for the damaged items by offering 30% off which to me was fair.
However, it was NOT 30% off and even after sharing my disappointment and telling them their low $8 refund did not cover all the damaged items.
I had to spend over 30 minutes cleaning everything because of the mess it made.
Even if everything was in fine condition, I find the cost to be very high for what you receive.
It's worth it to go to the store and pick for yourself.
Was considering starting a subscription, but after reviewing everyone’s 1 star experiences and noticing on the company site that there is not a physical customer service number to contact for questions or problem resolution....will unfortunately not be participating. Too bad.
I was charged for a box I did not approve when I reached out kindly explained what happened I was basically told too bad you will not be getting a refund and we will be sending another box in 2 weeks if you don't cancel. They want me to cancel a subscription I never confirmed!! I am now having to file a complaint with my bank!
They used to be more responsive but something tells me that working conditions are not as bright and happy as their website or something because of the issues we get: melons placed on top of cartons of oat milk and liquified strawberries right on top like it's no problem. I switched days after staff advised it could be the packing crew I was getting, things have been better but I made the mistake of ordering milk and depending on these groceries today!! their website and the tracking says it will arrive tomorrow but carrier's tracking page says box is damaged and will be discarded! it was 20 minutes from my home too so it must have been a leak. I understand tech issues but why would I not get an automated email a bout this? why is there no info on their site for when this happens? carrier site says check with seller and looks like I will have to wait up to 48hrs to find out where my groceries are. will be trying another delivery service if I don't hear from them after 48hrs with a refund and/or a free box.
Misfits Market is rated 1.35 based on 191 reviews