Misfits Market Reviews

Disgusted ex-Customer
Misfits Market 1 star review on 1st July 2020
Disgusted ex-Customer
More Photos & Videos
I was very happy with my first 2 boxes. after that my experience went downhill. Bad quality, frozen fruit, mushy mangos. I did contact them and they don't refund or resend. they just give a discount off your next order. this was OK the first time. But after multiple orders with poor quality, odd quantities - like 1 potato, way too much fruit and not enough green vegetables and what seemed like lesser quantities, I decided to cancel. ansd guess what they offered me a discount to come back. Won't do it.
The stuff is moldy or brown (the broccoli is yellow - DANGEROUS) and truly disgusting . I have to throw away a lot of gross produce.
No telephone - only e-mail. 3 weeks for customer service to respond, then "Gee I'm sorry - here's a small refund, won't happen again" But it does. Cancelled. Stay away.
I would agree with all the negative reviews here. They make you think you are rescuing vegetables that just look weird, but are of edible quality, however, they end up wasting time and resources sending you things to throw away. I cannot tell you how many bags of slimy black string beans I've gotten, or completely soft and wrinkly beets, or moldy onions. It was disgusting. It defeats the purpose of their company. They are taking people's money in exchange for giving them compost material. They are greedy and they have absolutely no customer service. Stay Away.
I was very excited to try Misfits market. It was cheaper than imperfect foods, and it seemed that I would get a great selection of produce. I ordered the smaller box and received my order on time, and still cool from the ice pack included. However, as we pulled out the items and got to the bottom of the box, we were very disappointed in the amount we received. For almost $30, I expected to get more than what I got. We received 4 oranges, 3 apples, 2 jicama roots, 1 red onion, 2 poblano peppers, 2 beets, a small bag of fingerling potatoes, and 1 cucumber. Also included was strawberries, but I paid extra for those. I was disappointed that I did not get ANY salad greens or peaches/apricots. I intentionally did not buy salad greens, assuming I would receive at least one item in my misfits box this week. I WILL be canceling my subscription.
Unethical company billed credit card BEFORE box ships. I cancelled subscription BEFORE box shipped, but they shipped it anyway. Also, from my photos, Misfits AGREED that produce was unsatisfactory, but they only offered a settlement of a 30% credit towards a future order. Their arrogance is astronomical-- thinking I'd order again based on abysmal Cust. (dis)Service. Please issue the $31.75 Refund-in-full I've asked 4-times for. P.S. Get a telephone, this is the 21st Century and they were invented 144-yrs. ago!
I'm disappointed in this company. I had been excited by the premise and hoped that it would be an easy way to receive fresh groceries regularly. I had one box arrive late, with the box significantly damaged and the vegetables beginning to rot. The worst part, however, is that I was charged for a box that I never received, and their customer service DID NOT RESPOND, after weeks. I will not be using their service again.
My experience was terrible. My very first box arrived a day late and was hot inside, ruining the produce. I requested a refund. It took 5 days for a response. I had immediately cancelled my subscription, as well. Now I have received an e-mail charging me for a package for next week, and when I went to the website to look, my subscription was active again. Other reviews below show that they were charged again after pausing or cancelling. I would highly suggest to stay away from this company. They are terrible.
I did not receive my box on Wednesday. fed ex put a trace and could not find it. They told me to notify Misfits to start the lost package process. I sent a not describing what fed ex stated. I got an automated reply telling me to do exactly what I described I already did. I followed the directions and replayed, restating what I already said. I have had no reply. When I first ordered the service I was very happy with the quality of the produce. My first 3 boxes were excellent quality. The quality has since gone done. I have received rotten produce, produce mangled in shipping or packaging and the latest, not receive a box market as received. They have now put in an automated response system when you try to reach them about an issue that leaves you in a loop with no response and no access to a person. This is definitely disappointing as I have recommended the company to several friends.

Nancy
I placed an order for bi-weekly shipment of the smaller box. I’ve gotten 3 boxes so far. They’ve arrived on time but I haven’t been able to use a lot of the produce because it’s been rotten. I ordered 4 extra items in the last shipment that you have to pay extra for. Only two arrived. The blueberries were perfect. The blackberries were mush and completely covered in mold. The customer service department is not great to deal with. My daughter cancelled her subscription after a couple of bad boxes. If this box is as bad as the others have been I’ll be cancelling as well. At this rate I really don’t see this company being around long. It’s a great concept and I’d be a lifelong customer if they could deliver what they advertise.
Spoiled food.
Same types of issues as everyone else. Out of my 8 deliveries, 2 never made it. One of the ones that did was so, waterlogged due to bad packing, I had to throw everything out. Customer service doesn't care much. I gave them an opportunity to try to retain me as a u customer and they basically said see ya. I'll stick with a company that has better processes and values their customers.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! It is such a ripoff. I purchased the Madness box and some additional extras. I got a molded squished onion, 2 rotten smashed cucumbers, smashed heirloom tomatoes that cost extra, 2 boxes of crushed gluten free cookies I added extra, the gel pack was busted over everything, and I didn't get as much produce as they advertised. THIS IS A RIPOFF!!
UPDATE: The same day that I wrote my last review about the missing order, they finally answered one of my 6 emails with the excuse that the shipping error was made on the part of the shipper. This missing order was why I cancelled my subscription. In addition, to their lack of honesty, first, they use a courier service so, they send fed ex or ups to the courier and then the courier ships it to me. Why they do that, I have no clue. Anyway, the courier told me that they never received it(the courier actually has an 800 number available on Sundays) and my account showed it as "still processing" I assume at the facility. This week, I got the weekly shipping email telling me that my next order had been shipped. I had requested that the orders arrive on Fridays and the first 2 boxes arrived on Sundays. Well, surprise surprise, I got my final order today, Friday, delivered directly to me by fed ex, not the courier. The ice pack was actually still partially frozen, which previously on Sundays the ice pack was completely melted. As for the contents, the email that outlines the order states that I am to receive more produce than I do. At least, one or two pieces of produce where missing. Yes, I sent an email about that and, of course, it was never addressed. Because they changed the delivery process, I upgraded their stars to poor. It was not enough to get me to renew my subscription.
I have been charged for two boxes so far and NOTHING has ever arrived. There is no reply from customer service. I emailed and filled out their complaint form multiple times and... nothing. Is this a scam?
I wish I had read the reviews before trying misfit produce. My first box was left on the front lawn in the sun by the delivery driver. The produce inside was spoiled. I am so disappointed. Tried to cancel my subscription but at first try the submission was not registered. So now the second box is on the way. What a waste of money! I agree that their customer service is difficult to navigate. Warning to all, do not bother!
I too have suffered this companies, lack of response to customer service inquiries. I just now cancelled. My first and second box were great! My third box, stated that it was shipped two weeks ago, is still showing as processing. The delivery service, laser ship, stated that they never received my order for delivery. I must have sent 5 emails to their customer service but now response. I am recently plant-based and was counting on their delivery but not now. It is very sad the lack of consistency.
First week was great and I was sold. The second week was only 9 pounds not the advertised 10-13. I wrote and email and got no response. Third week was even smaller only 8lb 3oz. I probably did weigh 10 pounds. Because I added one pkg of mushrooms 2 avocados and 2 artichokes it may have weighed 10;bs, but it cost me an additional amount a little over $8. Quality is great, but they are an awful company or completely overwhelmed. I am canceling. No response to emails,
Wish I would’ve read reviews prior.
My friends do Misfits and have had a great experience. Mine has been horrible!!

First box, the day of arrival I received an email saying it was CANCELED. I was automatically credited a refund.
Second box was on time and selection was great.
Third box was 3 days late and spoiled.
Fourth box I tried to cancel but as others mention, it’s impossible to reach customer service. 8 days went by before someone emailed me. Box was also 3 days late and had spoiled produce.
I’ve canceled my subscription going forward. Total trash!
This company is absolutely terrible. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. You can only get in touch with them via e-mail, which takes about 10 business days, if you're lucky. After receiving a box that I didn't request, or want. I had paused my subscription but something happened with their system and my request wasn't processed, I asked for a refund. Considering everything that came in this box was rotten and disgusting. I even attached pictures of the rotten food. They first only offered me 10% off my NEXT box, which I informed them I would literally never be using. I had to fight with them tooth and nail to only get a 30% REFUND. This company should be ashamed of themselves. Their produce is of terrible quality, it's overpriced, and their customer service is horrendous. The boxes always arrive late, and most of the stuff they send you isn't even substantial. It's not nearly enough to feed 2 people for a week, doesn't even come close.
I agree. Misfit Market will not answer customer complaints. My box of produce is now 10 days past the delivery date. When you fill out the customer service form they just keep sending automated responses. Today they sent an email that said they have switched their customer service system and that said that they had canceled by customer service request and I should send a new request. The worst customer service of any company I have ever purchased from, and yes they omit things from the box and won't respond when you notify them.
Misfits Market is rated 1.21 based on 96 reviews