O2 Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how O2 made you happy
Scam of a company, took 5 times of phoning up to cancel and chase up charges for no reason! The contract was cancelled 2 days after signing up, I was well within my 14 days, had not even received the sim. Yet second phone call after phoning to cancel the first time, I find out that she put a charge on my shut account, took 45 minutes to have them say all done and will be refunded. Phone up again money was taken from my account and they could not explain why, and eventually sorted it. Fourth time I phone because out of the blue o2 took nearly £300 out of my account, nearly an hour later on the phone of him chasing it all down and saying money would go straight back on and I would receive confirmation email. Guess what?, that did not happen so again I'm phoning up to this time, wait for it....he did no such thing! More time on the phone back and fourth to the manager to finally 🙌 get a response of money back but of course it will take 2 weeks to put it all back. 😤
NEVER GO WITH O2, Firstly I cancelled a contract and then was still being charge. They are now saying I haven't paid the final bill and I have evidence to prove otherwise. Worst company ever.
Changed to O2 last week and have not been able to use the phone away from the house WiFi as signal is a joke. Most of the time it shows emergency calls only and the download speed is a shocking 0.1Mb/s on 4g, I kid you not. This was whilst standing in front on the 5g mast whilst only receiving 4g on a 5g phone. Customer service is shocking, had to wait 30mins each time to get through with no help whatsoever, they even promised to phone me back to resolve problem but never did. Ended up going to local O2 shop to get it resolved, there was a queue of 6 people in front of me even before shop had opened, all complaining about the same joke of a network service. When I was seen I was told the mast cannot deal with the volume of people using it, I live in a holiday town so basically I have to wait till the winter to get a decent signal! JOKE OF A SERVICE PROVIDER. AVOID.
Absolutely disgusting customer service as in you can only get to speak speak to a real person during business hours. How can a massive company dealing with telecommunications not have 24/7 customer services? Oh yeah..they merged with THAT company that doesn’t deal with customers evenings and weekends...
I've been with O2 for over 15 years. Never again. I'm very disappointed of customer service. In a short story.. I tried to moved from pay as go to pay monthly on 10th. Next day I brought everything back to the shop. There was no problem with refund. Because I used to 'pay as go' and contract was 'pay monthly' , I've got a new sim card. My mobile number shouldn't change at all. After refund my phone number disappeared! O2 wasted my time and money. I've been on a phone for hours every day. I had to visit the shop nearly every day. Every day I've been told to wait 24 hours. I've got 5 diff sim cards that supposed to be my phone numer but it none of them worked. My bills, bank, all important things are connected to my mobile number and O2 was not helpful at all. I know that someone made mistake on a computer system. Finally after 12 days I've got my phone number activated.
I’ve complained about blatant racism in your Stretford precinct shop in Manchester The attitude of staff manager couldn’t explain so it seems to me it’s the shops policy to act in a disrespectful discriminatory fashion and expect you not to notice as if you’re supposed be an idiot as well as ethnic minority.
If I could rate 0 I would!! A shambles of a company!! Continued to add charges after being issued with a final bill which I paid! I had to request that final bill as no way to check what I owed previously as my app closed as soon as my contract ended, couldn’t pay over the phone because I didn’t have an o2 account!! So the only way to request my final bill was by raising a complaint with resolution centre!! 2 months after paying final bill I received a bill for 13 pounds, no idea why as I had paid my final bill as per amount resolution centre advised!! Then found 2 late payments on my credit file, have contacted to dispute, was told I had 12 pounds credit on my 02 account!! So they actually owe me 12 pounds yet have not thought to use that credit to pay towards the mystery 13 pounds, no instead add non payment to my credit file!! Can’t get through on a telephone because I no longer have an account!! Now they just ignore my emails and have left me unfairly with 2 crosses on my credit score!! Absolute shocker, made it so difficult because I chose to leave!! Stay well away
Shocking support, cancelled with them earlier in the year. The bloke who I spoke with said I could cancel the direct payment after the next payment came out of my account. So I did, next thing I receive a letter from debt collectors, stating I owe 45 pound. Try to log onto my account and it says I don’t have one. Shame I have to give them one star. Been with them 3 years, definitely not using them again. Terrible. Avoid.
Have had an on going problem with my apple watch , after yesterday’s performance with o2 thought it was all resolved . Recieved yet another watch today by courier then a strap arrived from Royal Mail , opened the strap it was black with illuminous yellow spots, I’m a 57 yr old woman not 15 , I phoned them up to complain they said that’s the only strap o2 have in stock , all I wanted was the same strap that was on my watch I send back . She then told me there was nothing else she could do and told me to go on Amazon an buy one , which I said I’m not buying one I had a perfectly good strap on my watch I returned and I wanted the same , and I’m not paying for a strap that should have come with my watch when they returned it to me . After ordering this watch last July and it hasn’t worked for 6 months , what a total disgrace o2 treating customers that have been with you for over 20 yrs , shocking treatment .
Made mistake of buying 2 bolt ons didn't think the first bolt on had gone through because my phone had been playing up, rang customer service took ages and the outcome was they could not remove one, let me rephrase that they wouldn't remove one because I made a mistake by agreeing in the space of 30 seconds to buy the same bolt on for same period of time. 02 another name for rip off.
Had a new I watch delivered today , the £400 watch came in a box , only the watch face no strap, came loose in a box no protection or bubble wrapped just a £400 watch battered in transit . Phoned up talked to three different advisers , cut off on the three occasions, terrible how one person can tell you one thing and another telling you something else , I’m going to put in on Facebook with photos how it came to me a brand new watch .
Be careful!!! So i had top up with O2 6 years, they call me asking if i wanna contract for 18£ per month for a year i agree... After 4 months they call me again for better deal 20£ per month. So i told them i just got a contract and they was saying we know we wanna suggest a better deal for you, so i asked what it will be with my old one? They told me it will ended automatically no extra charges. So i agree.... I got a new sim card but on my o2 account it wasn't saying anything about a new contract, so i connected with them to found out what is going on... And again bin told old contract will end automatically without no extra charges.... After month i get a message from my bank that i bin charged 104£ from o2.... Apparently they charged from old contract..... No email, no call nothing.....
I have been with 02 over seven years they called me for an free upgrade and when I called them.back they said no very disappointed they call you to lur you in and then chucks you I will never be with 02 again it very disappointing they way they treat their customers
I strongly advise not to take O2 as sercice provider of any kind! I have been using O2 for a 2 years with bo issues, yes, coverage speed and quality way below ee or vodafone, but it was okay for me. Suddenly, I had some rabdom purchase added to my account! I have contacted o2 refarding this mistake, they apologised etc...but it was only a lie. They suddenly closed my old accounts with them, just because I haven't paid for something I never bought, for their mistake. It took 8 months and ombudsman service fkr them finaly to close that mistake and compensate me! I have decided never again to use O2 services and wanted to pay for my actual closed accounts and move away. It was a nightmare! They messed up all numbers, couldn't provide information about how to pay it, they had no idea how much too! All they gave me some random numbers without any explanation! And when I paid it, they sold it to 3rd party debt collectors! How? It is all paid and they sell some random stuff? Try to talk to them, pointless. They just ignore you. Basically, there is no one to talk to anymore. I wanted to cover all what I owe to O2 and they made it nightmare by creating random numbers and ruining credit file, selling already paid accounts. If you really value quality and your time, you bot going to look at any Telefonica operations. BTW, Telefonica aka O2 were penalised by Ofcom for overcharging customers for things they never bought too. Don't go to O2!
London SE3 - we used to have a good reliable O2 phone service but for the past 12 months and more it has become worse to the point that to make a call we need to leave the house to find a signal & so do our neighbours. Trying to contact O2 is a waste of time but we do get helpful texts saying that O2 improving the network in our area. To date we haven't seen any such thing & the joke is that from our bedroom window we look straight at the O2 Arena - nice Logo but we have no service. We have no issues with the cost of the contact but we are paying for something we don't have at home - like a signal, with a mobile device that we cannot use to make calls !
customer services is very poor signal is really poor dont bother with o2 go with another network
Terrible terrible terrible service. Finally left o2 forever. Had 2 phone contracts with them for the last 10 years. Was a loyal customer. Even had a friends and family discount. But for 2 years extremely bad Internet at my house. 4g hardly worked and 3g was soooo slow. Kept telling them but problem wasn't fixed. They did give me some money off bills but wasn't good enough. I'd rather have good service. Switched to Vodafone for both contracts now. One of them I switched before the contract ends but couldn't deal with the bad service anymore. I was more than happy to pay early termination fee instead. Even with friends and family discount it wasn't worth staying with them. That's how bad it was. I'm not usually one to complain but appalling service. Almost 2 years I paid and dealt with the slowest Internet ever. I even got WiFi in the end although I didn't want or need to as I had an 80gb plan. Appalling.
Customer service is poor to 0, internet not working properly in many areas, contacted them 3 times over the course of 6 months they always said someone would call me back to discuss my issue but they never did. Strongly suggest you find yourself any other service but O2.
O2 is rated 1.69 based on 439 reviews