Optically, Inc Reviews

support@optically.ca

5810 Ambler Drive, Unit 14 Mississauga

Tell us how Optically, Inc made you happy

Jordan Hoffman
"It is impressive how unprofessional their customer service is. I called them with an issue and they told me they would call me back in 24 hours with a solution. 27 hours later I sent them an email regarding the issue and after again no response I called. The service agent was incredibly rude and cut me off multiple times. He said he couldn’t help me until he spoke to the “lab” then hung up without telling me when he would contact me again. He followed up the call with a very badly written email that didn’t make any sense. After another week of no response I called again and a new service agent said they wouldn’t do anything unless I got the glasses checked by an optometrist which is impossible as all optometrists I spoke to don’t deal with online vendors and a glasses store would never check another company’s glasses. I had three glasses with the same prescription made by Zenni and they were all fine so there’s no reason these would be different. Now I have useless prescription sunglasses that I can maybe get $5 for the frame if I sell them second hand. This company doesn’t deserve any business they receive and I’d rather set my money on fire then buy another pair of glasses from here. -- After posting this review I was contacted by Optically asking me to change my review if they sent me a new pair of glasses. I received those new glasses yesterday and they were the incorrect prescription (as proved by the prescription slip in the glasses case vs the prescription scan from my doctor I sent them). I contacted the original customer service agent (the one who hung up and then ignored me for weeks) who told me I was incorrect as the “lab” made up two pairs of lenses to prove I was lying. I sent him a scan of my prescription and a photo of the prescription slip included with my second pair of glasses which showed they added an extra axis they were not supposed to. He then proceeded to tell me “We would request you to ignore the denominations mentioned other than your prescription in the slip that you have received.” So basically they made a mistake and even though I had proof they asked me to ignore it. He then told me he would not help me further unless I saw a optometrist who would confirm they made them correctly. I asked if when the prescription was checked and found incorrect, (as it would be because when I wear the glasses they sent me I cannot see clearly at all) if they would refund me. He then told me once again that he would tell me in 24 hours and I have not heard from him since even though I have sent two emails since he last contacted me. The quality of service from this particular agent has been terrible and I would include his name but I don’t want to ruin someones reputation over a pair of glasses. He had no care for me and continuously called me sir even though we spoke on the phone multiple times and I am clearly a woman. Also, I don’t particularly enjoy being called a lier repeatedly. Long story short: Ordering glasses from this company is a huge mistake and they don’t deserve anyone’s business."
Andi
"I received a pair of their glasses for review, and I absolutely love them! Something to note is the quality of the glasses themselves from Optically. I was impressed by the sturdiness of the frames, especially for such an amazing price. I tend to be hard on my frames, tossing them into my purse without a second thought. I'm not afraid that these will be smashed in my oversized bag, which is saying something! That being said, they did come in a protective case that is perfect for traveling with them. The shopping experience was really easy on Optically's site, as they give you all of the information you need. I was particularly interested in the sizing, as my face is easily overwhelmed with large frames. They give you all of the measurements you could need, including frame width, lens depth, and lens diameter, which makes it really simple to compare one pair to another and make the right decision."
"Didn't have the frames I ordered in stock, didn't want anything else they had. Still waiting for a refund after many emails. Going to do a credit card dispute soon."
Are you Optically, Inc? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered frames and prescription lenses and when it was almost 2 weeks without receiving my glasses, I messaged them to find out the status. 2 days after that, they tell me that my frames were damaged and I need to pick new ones because they were the last pair. I told them I wanted a refund, and with MUCH insisting, they gave me back some of my money. Total weirdos too: I called the # and spoke to a Frances, next day called again and same guy (recognized his voice and accent) said that his name was Andrew. I recommend you stay away!"
"Optically.ca has a great website that boasts fantastic customer service and great reviews. When in fact, they fall quite short of everything they promise. After reviewing their website I decided to go ahead and make a purchase, however, knowing what I know now, I probably would not have. On their home page, they have an image from sitejabber.com claiming 4.5 out of 5 star reviews, however, that review is not for optically.ca, perhaps it is for their New Zealand website optically.co.nz. Their website also says that they will provide updates via email & text message at every stage of your order processing/shipping, however, I did not receive any of these messages.Overall, they fell quite short of the service described on their website. When I initially placed my order, I received two order confirmation emails, however, they both had the same order #. I contacted them right away to ensure I would not be charged twice and not receive two pairs of RX Sunglasses. I got an email back assuring me that my order was placed once. It turned out I was in fact charged twice on my credit card. From when I initially contacted Opically regarding the double charge, it took them 7 days to agree I had been charged twice and agree to issue a credit. The prescription sunglasses I ordered came in soft packaging, with no box to protect it. As a result, during shipping, the actual case of my glasses was totally destroyed. When I complained to Opically I was told I could have a $4.95CAD refund, or a new case shipped. I requested a new case. It has been over a month since they said they would send me a new case, and I still have not received one. Additionally, please be aware, Optically.ca is not located in Canada. My sunglasses were first shipped from the United States to a location in Ontario, and then re-shipped to me in Vancouver, British Columbia. I will say, the prescription sunglasses I received were as advertised, and I am happy with them. However, due to all of the other headaches, I would not purchase from Optically.ca again. I found the customer service to be extremely poor and not what I would expect from an online company."
"Ordered two pairs of glasses 20/01/2018 - eventually received one pair after numerous e-mails and phone calls; all of which went unanswered. They arrived from Australia and both lenses were scratched and unusable. Sent them back (recorded so they had to sign for them) which they did. Still waiting on a full refund - have contacted via e-mail several times and again all have gone unanswered. Never did receive the second pair. Would NOT recommend this company what so ever."
Optically, Inc is rated 2.62 based on 26 reviews