Optically, Inc Reviews

support@optically.ca

5810 Ambler Drive, Unit 14 Mississauga

Tell us how Optically, Inc made you happy

Jordan Hoffman
"It is impressive how unprofessional their customer service is. I called them with an issue and they told me they would call me back in 24 hours with a solution. 27 hours later I sent them an email regarding the issue and after again no response I called. The service agent was incredibly rude and cut me off multiple times. He said he couldn’t help me until he spoke to the “lab” then hung up without telling me when he would contact me again. He followed up the call with a very badly written email that didn’t make any sense. After another week of no response I called again and a new service agent said they wouldn’t do anything unless I got the glasses checked by an optometrist which is impossible as all optometrists I spoke to don’t deal with online vendors and a glasses store would never check another company’s glasses. I had three glasses with the same prescription made by Zenni and they were all fine so there’s no reason these would be different. Now I have useless prescription sunglasses that I can maybe get $5 for the frame if I sell them second hand. This company doesn’t deserve any business they receive and I’d rather set my money on fire then buy another pair of glasses from here. -- After posting this review I was contacted by Optically asking me to change my review if they sent me a new pair of glasses. I received those new glasses yesterday and they were the incorrect prescription (as proved by the prescription slip in the glasses case vs the prescription scan from my doctor I sent them). I contacted the original customer service agent (the one who hung up and then ignored me for weeks) who told me I was incorrect as the “lab” made up two pairs of lenses to prove I was lying. I sent him a scan of my prescription and a photo of the prescription slip included with my second pair of glasses which showed they added an extra axis they were not supposed to. He then proceeded to tell me “We would request you to ignore the denominations mentioned other than your prescription in the slip that you have received.” So basically they made a mistake and even though I had proof they asked me to ignore it. He then told me he would not help me further unless I saw a optometrist who would confirm they made them correctly. I asked if when the prescription was checked and found incorrect, (as it would be because when I wear the glasses they sent me I cannot see clearly at all) if they would refund me. He then told me once again that he would tell me in 24 hours and I have not heard from him since even though I have sent two emails since he last contacted me. The quality of service from this particular agent has been terrible and I would include his name but I don’t want to ruin someones reputation over a pair of glasses. He had no care for me and continuously called me sir even though we spoke on the phone multiple times and I am clearly a woman. Also, I don’t particularly enjoy being called a lier repeatedly. Long story short: Ordering glasses from this company is a huge mistake and they don’t deserve anyone’s business."
Andi
"I received a pair of their glasses for review, and I absolutely love them! Something to note is the quality of the glasses themselves from Optically. I was impressed by the sturdiness of the frames, especially for such an amazing price. I tend to be hard on my frames, tossing them into my purse without a second thought. I'm not afraid that these will be smashed in my oversized bag, which is saying something! That being said, they did come in a protective case that is perfect for traveling with them. The shopping experience was really easy on Optically's site, as they give you all of the information you need. I was particularly interested in the sizing, as my face is easily overwhelmed with large frames. They give you all of the measurements you could need, including frame width, lens depth, and lens diameter, which makes it really simple to compare one pair to another and make the right decision."
"I have been processing an order to send to optically and decided to contact the Better Business Bureau where I found out they give it D+, the lowest rating available. Beware and be sure to check with BBB before you order. Maybe they have fixed the problem but with a 1.18 out of 5 rating on Reviews.io, I very much doubt it. They are seemingly a very bad company providing all reviews are objective, and this coupled with BBB rejection certainly seems to support the very negative reviews. Close call for me."
Are you Optically, Inc? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered my glasses in the middle of July. It's now the middle of September and I have not yet received them. The personnel are impossible to deal with - they haven't let me cancel my order and require that I have a "chat" with them on the phone. I have put in a refund request through Paypay and will be making sure EVERYONE knows this company is TERRIBLE."
"I ordered a pair of progressives from Optically. Unfortunately their promise of 'Fast Delivery' and 'Order Status Updates via Email' are not true in my case. This has been the longest I have waited for pretty much any online purchase ever. The company brands itself as a Canadian company, and as I live in the GTA I thought I'd try and support them. When I called the customer service line to inquire as to my order they informed me that my glasses 'had just cleared customs' so 'should be there in a day or two'. What??!!?? Why would the order need to clear customs if put together in Canada? Several days later, my glasses are still not here. Perhaps this company is operating in a parallel universe where the planet revolves a little more slowly, but even then, why are there no e-mail updates as promised? The online order tracker does a woeful job of indicating status of the order once it has been 'dispatched'. I doubt that this online tracker is actually even a real representation of where the order is within the company as my trust in the organization as an online retailer is now extremely low. I should have read these reviews before I ordered. If my glasses arrive I'll update this review with a note about the quality of the product. As of now though... DO NOT USE THIS SITE TO ORDER FROM!"
"SCAMMERS!!!! I placed an order on their website to have three pairs of my designer glasses reglazed and sent them off the same day to the address they told me to send them. The website said it would take two to three business days to get them back, after two weeks I started calling... since then I have called everyday and nobody ever answers. Yesterday I received an email from them asking for more money, I responded and haven’t heard anything back. Its been almost 3 weeks since initial order. I now fear there is no chance of me ever getting back my expensive glasses, I can recoup the $150 I paid via pay pal. It was one of the first sites listed on google and had great reviews … don't be fooled its a FRAUD!!"
"It is an outrage that Google surfaces this company on its first page. The company is a scam. I sent them frames for reglazing. The package was received by them on June 24. The website promises email updates. I received none. I called on June 29. A man said he would investigate where my glasses were and call me back in a few hours. He never did. I wasn't able to call again until the follow Friday, July 5. The woman who picked up the phone said she had no record of having received my frames. When I gave her the tracking number from Canada Post that proves they accepted the package on June 24, she said should would investigate and call me back in a half hour. She never did. I have placed a claim with Paypal and fully expect for be refunded what I paid them in advance. I fully expect not to receive my frames -- they are valuable and they are now presumed lost. The company is a scam and by sending me to this scam at the top of its search results, they have shaken my confidence in the company. It allows itself to be gamed by fraudsters."
"Glasses took a month and a half to get to me. No updates where ever emailed to me customer service is laughable. Finally get my glasses after 1.5 months and there wrong and no one answers the phone. Shop elsewhere. Obviously a fraudulent company that my visa company can now deal with"
"THIS PLACE IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM.... PHONE NUMBER IS NEVER ANSWERED EMAILS UNANSWERED ADDRESS IS FAKE"
"What an unpleasant experience! I ordered lenses from them one month ago to be put onto my own frames (which I sent to them and they received after 1-2 days). I have yet get my glasses back! I have called every week since I placed my order to get an update. Every time, they claim that my glasses will be shipped back to me within a couple of days and that I will get progress updates. I never got any updates unless I called and one month later, no glasses and no offer to compensate me (or even to ship them back by express post once they are finally ready!!!). Their website claims that they ship your glasses back to you within 1-2 days, after receiving your frames. Apparently not. Hopefully, I will one day see my frames again, they were quite expensive! Frankly, I'm starting to think I'll never see those frames again, and that this whole thing is a scam! Very frustrated to think I could have ordered from any other company (there are several with similar price ranges) and I'd have my glasses by now."
"WARNING this company is a scam. They claim a satisfaction warranty that they do not adhere to. After leaving a review of my experience I was contacted by another employee (Melvyn) who quoted the satisfaction guarantee but then told me unless I got an optometrist to check my prescription they would not help me. When I asked if they would refund me for the Optometrist appraisal if the prescription was incorrect I was ignored. That was back in October and I have not heard from them since. Honestly it was like $160 which is not the end of the world. But they treated me so badly that I cannot let it go until everyone knows to avoid this company."
"I purchased prescription glasses from Optically for my daughter, but when they arrived caused her to have double vision. Optically agreed to a partial refund if I sent the glasses back to them . I couriered the glasses to them (my cost), which they received on November 5th (they confirmed this). Weekly emails from them assured me that the refund was being processed yet nothing ever materialized. In December I started calling them and they would tell me the same thing several times a week (that the refund would be processed in a day or two). Now it is Jan 10th and they are no longer answering emails or phone calls and I still have not received the refund. I finally got a refund after having to go through the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint."
"full on scam operation, look at google reviews, the only positive feedbacks are most probably fake it's simply impossible for this to be a legit operations."
Hello Ms. Hoffman,

Thank you for getting our attention towards your order and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your communication with our support staff we will surely look in to the same and ensure required feedback and training is provided.

I have checked your order as well as your emails for the glasses supplied, we sorry to know that you have received 2 pairs of glasses however both do not seem to be suitable. I wish to inform you that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and if you are not satisfied with the received product you can return them for a 100% refund within 90 days.

I have also discussed details regarding your order with our laboratory and have been informed that your glasses were made exactly to the requested specifications. The 1st pair was made incorrect as the prescription shared while placing the order were incorrect however the 2nd pair sent has been made exactly to the requested prescription, PFA image.

The print sent along with your glasses is correct (Kindly note we are not calling you a liar rather just sharing our point of view), the reason I say this is because your Axis value is measured in degrees and ‘0’ as it has no value the same cannot be recorded on a lens-o-meter (tool used to measure prescription)hence shows as 180°, also there can be no Axis value on your glasses if there is no cylinder value as an axis is defined depending on your cylindrical correction and the script sent with your glasses has not cylinder value.

As suggested in your feedback, if your optician confirms to us that the points shared above are incorrect or the 2nd pair is made to an incorrect prescription you can retain the existing frame as well as get a refund on the lens cost paid or you can return both the glasses for a full refund.

Regards
Optically.
"I bought glasses, and the arm broke off of them, two days after receiving them. They were not abused, but the arm literally broke in half. I have e-mailed the company, no response, I have tried to call, but no one picks up the phone, and there is no voicemail. BUYER BEWARE! Very poor quality, and the service doesn't exist."
"BUYER BE WARE! I bought 2 pairs of glasses and 1 pair of sunglasses. It took 2 months many phone calls, emails and chat notices... It took them a long time to answer, up to a couple of weeks.... The phone number is from New York and 2 of the glasses were shipped from China and the 3rd from India... all 3 pairs are the wrong prescription and I cant use them and the will only reimburse what I got all 3 frames for, about $20... so I'm out $700.00.. Also be ware of the reviews that are positive.. They may be fake as well... if a selling site doesnt ask for you to sign up so you can buy their products, that should be a HUGE red flag!"
"The glasses were never shipped - no one replies from the company through email anymore (they only reply in the first two weeks that your order is almost complete but then stops responding)- its been 6 weeks now- was promised 10-12 business days dispatch - It's a fraud company or may be just sends out 10% of the orders they receive to scam majority of people."
"I ordered on Feb 10, I ordered the mulitfocal lens. I tried the Chat feature on the web page. they take days to reply. I called. (BTW it is a New York City number so be prepared for the long distance charges) Every time i got different answers where the glasses were. finally after almost 2 months the glasses arrived. they are much wider then what was shown on the "try on" option on the web page. ( with my own photo). I ordered the "ultra thin" lens.. yet on the side my glasses are 6 mm thick. I have been wearing glasses for 45 + years. these are thickest lens I have ever had. Now the kicker. the lens are not made right. If I cover my left eye and focus on a sentence on my computer screen. i tilt my head up or done a bit to get the text the most in focus ( remember I have mutlifocus lens). I then cover my right eye without moving my head. and the same sentence is not in focus. I have to tilt my head about 5-7 degrees to get the text in focus. switch back to my right eye. the text is out of focus. Now I want to get a refund( I don't want to wait another 2 months for glasses to come to Canada from Australia). ofcourse they don't answer the phone now. nor have they replied to an email or the "web page chat" Do NOT waste your Money with the non Canadian Company. the Address in Mississauga is just a freight forward company. ( check out google maps) I would give them a -5 if I could. They are that back to deal with."
"Didn't have the frames I ordered in stock, didn't want anything else they had. Still waiting for a refund after many emails. Going to do a credit card dispute soon."
"Ordered two pairs of glasses 20/01/2018 - eventually received one pair after numerous e-mails and phone calls; all of which went unanswered. They arrived from Australia and both lenses were scratched and unusable. Sent them back (recorded so they had to sign for them) which they did. Still waiting on a full refund - have contacted via e-mail several times and again all have gone unanswered. Never did receive the second pair. Would NOT recommend this company what so ever."
"I ordered frames and prescription lenses and when it was almost 2 weeks without receiving my glasses, I messaged them to find out the status. 2 days after that, they tell me that my frames were damaged and I need to pick new ones because they were the last pair. I told them I wanted a refund, and with MUCH insisting, they gave me back some of my money. Total weirdos too: I called the # and spoke to a Frances, next day called again and same guy (recognized his voice and accent) said that his name was Andrew. I recommend you stay away!"
Optically, Inc is rated 1.17 based on 23 reviews