Rescuemycar.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Rescuemycar.com
Telephone

Tell us how Rescuemycar.com made you happy
I have to give them 1 star to comment but they are not worth even that. I have a policy £22 which doesn't include home. Car wouldn't start, phoned, they offered to come for £75. Next day I phoned as a new policy is only £28! I was offered amendment for £33 to include home after 24hours. I waited, I rang and was refused help. They claimed the fault was the same even though I had charged my battery and moved the car. I was asked to prove it. I asked how. They said by taking it to a garage. Catch 22. How do I take it to a garage? One poor female employee agreed with me so the manager said she was wrong. I have cancelled the amendment and would suggest that no one uses this company.
I've been insured with them for three years. Today, I needed their help for the first time and I called them. They found an excuse to charge me £75 even though my excess is £40. I paid and their help never arrived. I then called an alternative recovery provider and they could do it for £40 in half the time even though I am not even insured with them!!! So why would anyone be paying insurance with them all these years?
Car broke down , recovery truck driver said we had to travel in our car whilst it was on the back of their truck for a 25 mile journey home ! Complained , but they said it was legal. Whether it’s legal or not , it’s not safe and we declined. Won’t be renewing my policy and when I do renew , the first question I will ask is their policy on taking passengers .
I am currently broken down I have been trying to get in touch with this company as I just purchased a policy with them but to my surprise switchboard asks to press 1 for breakdowns but I press the button to no avail it is shameful I should have read the reviews! It's now been over 12 hours of waiting!
Avoid this company. I had a blow out in my tyre and I couldn't find my wheel locking nut so they said my policy was void and charged me £150 to tow my car less than 10 miles away. The tow company they used wouldn't take me in his truck so I had to pay for a taxi to follow the tow truck.
Awful company. Condescending staff. Auto renew policy over Covid and hard to cancel and amend. AVOID
Really helpful member of staff on the phone and a very professional, quick and stress free pick up and drop of to my local garage.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS. This company might be cheap but trust me it’s worth spending the extra bit of money for an actual service. I rang this company at 6pm and booked my car in to be towed home, they said they would arrive at 8.15pm which is already quite a long time for a service that claims to be fast! After waiting till 8.30pm with no one in sight I decided to ring them as to which I was told that it would be past 10pm until someone can get to me. No one had tried to let me know there had been a 2 hour delay. I decided to get a taxi back home and come back out when they were actually there, at 10.30pm I rang them and they said they would be there for 10:46pm and I made sure this time it was actually going to be that time and customer support assured me it would. I get there and wait 5 mins before ringing back up to be told that it was going to be another 1.5 hours on top of that 🤣 with no explanation. Decided to cancel the booking as soon as I heard that. This company is beyond a joke and the woman at customer service can only be described as a ‘Karen’ of this generation. Disgraceful company and appalling lack of empathy from the customer support team. Once again. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Really bad decision going with this breakdown company. Quick to take your money out but let me down 2ice coming up with pathetic excuses
They do not do what they promise - do not go for the cheap prices, do not be an idiot like I was!
Super cheap compared to others, easy to switch.
I purchased the policy a) looking at the price of £32 & b) I'm a disable person & if I breakdown I need a hire car so that I can stop every 30 mins - 45 mins not sit in a recovery truck for 3-4 hours. Before I purchased the policy I read the Term & Conditions which clearly state: ALTERNATIVE TRAVEL What is covered If Your Vehicle is not repairable in the same working day that You first report the Incident to Us, or in a period agreed between Us and You, We will:  Pay up to £100 towards the cost of alternative transport or car hire for up to 7 passengers, including the Driver, to continue Your journey. Wording says NOT REPAIRABLE. To my surprise when I had a breakdown a couple of weeks ago & the the vehicle was not repairable I was told on the phone that car hire is only available if the car is NOT RECOVERABLE. When I argued my point that Terms & conditions make no mention of this I was told that this is our policy and you've paid a very low price for it. I feel very deceived & would not recommend this company to anyone.
Disgusted with Rescue My Car. We took out a policy with them and explained we transport animals as part of our business (to make sure this was covered). They added this information to their records (they even mentioned it when we phoned them up to be rescued). We were never made aware in any shape or form when taking up the policy that they would not come if we had animals in the vehicle! We wanted to make sure if anything happened we would be OK, hence phoned them before taking out the policy. Our van broke down today and they refused to help as we had animals in the vehicle! This is basically fraud as far as I am concerned and I will be taking this further. Not an honest company.
Car broke down so I called for service only to be told all operators were busy and my call would be answered asap. 40 minutes later I was getting the same message when my mobile battery went. I was then left stranded with no help and no way of contact the breakdown service. Had I been a vulnerable person being left in the middle of nowhere without help could have been devastating. I will never use this company again. If they don't have enough staff to take your call how bad will the recovery service be? Disgraceful!
The price was what my last company was offering, but this company was just that bit lower with the very same cover and had much better customer satisfaction.
Took European Cover. Decent price, you get what you pay for though. I learned that the hard way.
Rescuemycar.com is rated 1.71 based on 17 reviews