RSPCA Reviews

of reviewers recommend RSPCA

Tell us how RSPCA made you happy
Your are no help whats so ever never had such bad customer service phone call in my life!! My cat has been stuck up a tree for 24 hours and you had me on hold for 20 minutes and you ‘suggested putting a cat box at the bottom of the tree’ he is stuck up a 30ft tree, I have climbed up myself having no training in climbing ladders, I could seriously harm myself! You are no help at all and should be ashamed at runner such a terrible business! Get some to get my cat down and do your job!
We have regularly been giving high value goods for resale to our local RSPCA shop at Weston super mare. There's a terrible attitude like they are doing us a favour by taking our goods. The last lot was probably £400 worth to them so a thank you would have been nice. Ended up taking it to pets at home where I was thanked for my support. I will be going there in future.
Don’t trust RSPCA now after they promised to offer us towards my puppy’s heart operation, as we are on low income, even a little help, so on...bad service..go elsewhere such as Pdsa, Dog Trust, etc...!
To me the RSPCA have always been the UK's number one charity. I thought of their inspectors as heroes. Recently I had to ask for their help. It's the first time (in the 40 years I've been alive) I've ever needed them. A stray cat (that had been visiting my home for food) through the catflap, had kittens, under my bed, in my lounge. I wanted to help the mother and her kittens. Unfortunately I'm disabled. I use a walking frame to walk. Plus I already have 3 cats, but I still wanted to help. I desperately needed help from the RSPCA in order to help them, but the RSPCA refused. They blamed Covid 19 for their inaction - and when I persisted they advised me to ask a neighbour to help and hung up...So for me the RSPCA have gone from heroes to zeros.
Officer shouted at my wife to get a grip because she was telling officer how much parents were missing their baby young goose which he took away from parents reduced wife to tears. He should b e more understanding with the owner's stress at these sad times
Rushed into hospital following a severe cerebral stroke. RSPCA attended hospital during COVID wanting me to sign my animals over. With two of the cats being senior with health issues (being treated by vet) and one cat being black I knew that signing them over would effectively sign their death warrants. They seized the animals and I have to go to Court to get them back when I am discharged. I promised when I took the cats on that I will never abandon them. So I will fight for their safe return. RSPCA has lost its way and needs to go after REAL cruelty cases.
rspca says on their website they will help any abandoned animal. I rang them up a week ago about a guinea fowl living in our street. the poor bird was distressed and lost. their response was they can only come and get it if it is injured. It got hit by a car today and suffered until it died. The people in our street buried it. It could have been avoided if rspca picked it up. shame on you rspca i will never donate to you again. change your website because it is lies
Unlawful entry and theft of my pets
Worst phone customer service I have ever received. My dog was is in a complete collapsed state and unwell. They sent me round in circles to contact other veterinary emergency numbers to confirm with a vet that if this was truly an emergency otherwise they wouldn’t see my dog. I spent from 7am-1pm trying to call other vets with no luck. On top of this the lady on the phone had said to me that it is not the rspca’s fault that we do not have pet insurance and it is my responsibility as an owner to call as many as possible. As if I am not aware of my pets welfare responsibility. I was so insulted. That due to ones circumstance I was treated with such discrimination. The woman put me on hold once to talk with her manager. I was shocked this is the advice she received from her manager to deal with such matters. she was patronising and hung up the phone. This is a terrible example of how to deal with such delicate situations.
Quotes "As much as we would love to help every single animal which is reported to us, we simply don't have the resources to do so." Yet you can pay your CEO £200,000plus per year? Priorities..
I had a Bulldog crossbreed, with the help of police they took me to court for owning 'pitbull type' banned breeds. They requested in court destruction for my dogs. They got it. I hate the lying RSPCA!
They picked up my ferret around the corner from my house, lied about having him for days then wanted money for keeping him. When they returned him he was absolutely covered with ticks of all sizes. They need their own hutches inspected!
Uncaring,unless it involves media kudos,Self appointed self policed ,unfit for purpose organisation who I wouldn't trust with the contents of a cat litter tray
What went wrong?? Gosh I feel it would be a much shorter list if I spoke about what went right!! Which over the 12yrs i owned a rescue was nothing at all !! Hot line is manned by complete idiots who have absolutely no idea what it is like to deal with abuse in animals or the general public! No manners, no morals, no empathy and no support. Staff who pretend to have powers ie inspectors let that pretty uniform go to their heads and forget they have no powers over the public. I was verbally abused and physically assaulted by said inspector on my doorstep as I refused him entry to my property after he refused to show me ID , give me a name or even provide evidence he worked for the RSPCA as the van he turned up in was plain white. He attempted to force entry to the property to search for an animal I didnt even own or have access to , thankfully my squaddie husband was home and the inspector soon left when confronted by a man!! His conduct was reported as unbecoming but he was not dealt with and continued to operate within our area as though nothing had happened. The Facebook pages are also run like secret societies as this provides anonymity for those with a God complex and a keyboard. Slating smaller rescues across theUK who have proven track records of actually caring , showing compassion and helping animals when their own authenticity surrounding the nature of their business is questioned is usually how they deflect the heat, attacking owners of said rescues and verbally abusing them is also par for the course!! I wouldn't trust the RSPCA to care for a stuffed Teddy let alone a living animal!! Donations dont go to the animals either, they line the pockets of the board of directors - the ads you see on the TV are all lies, any animal that is going to cost a significant amount if money is destroyed under the guise of having some incurable medical condition ( black adult, unneutered male cats rarely survive in the RSPCA care as they are hard to rehome so they kill them) If you want to support animals find a small, local rescue , one who is dedicated to actually helping the animals , they are the ones who need and deserve support.
Came uninvited to my property. Wandered around wanting to take any animal of value (not remotely interested in any of the low monetary value animals). Three days later my rabbits started to die of rhd1 (confirmed by vet post-mortem). Daily deaths from days 3-9 of the visit. Incubation period is 3-9 days. Virus can be carried on shoes for a month. Rspca claimed their inspector hadn’t been near a rabbit for five weeks before coming to me. How convenient (and unbelievable).
Have called them 3 times over about 10 years to report animals in distress and they were not interested. The mental gymnastics they employ to fob callers off is astounding. They also engage in unlawful data collection and refuse to abide by the gdpr. Always begging for money, the CEO earns shedloads but apparently they don't have money to help animals. Unethical, uncaring, unprofessional.
Institutionally xenophobic and they don't care about animals. I reported a dog that had been killed and dumped in woodlands. An obvious case of cruelty to be investigated - it may even have been someone's missing pet, could have been microchipped. Operator claimed it was probably a fox! As if i don't know what a dog looks like. Also reported it on RSPCA's social media and was trolled off the page by xenophobic RSPCA supporters who decided that based on my profile, I was not British! No one cared about the dog! Disgraceful conduct, RSPCA admin allowed the trolling to continue and blocked me! RSCPA also put pressure on Trustpilot to remove my factual review. I will NEVER donate to this disgusting outfit again. RIP little dog, sorry RSPCA didn't care about you. I care.
Terrible experience Terrible experience, we took on some ex battery hens from a 'rspca assured' commercial farm. Bare in mind they came to us dehydrated starving with next to no feathers -rspca assured? so we have kindly brought them back to health. We received a false complaint in regards to they didn't look there best (take note where they came from!) a rspca member of staff came during the covid19 pandemic, breached all current covid19 LAWS no face mask no gloves no social distancing nothing and put my family at risk, this event was reported to the Police. This sham of a charity from my experience has no interest in animal welfare. The amount of negative reviews clearly speak for themselves.
The RSPCA is the worst charity PERIOD The RSPCA is the worst charity in the UK. Useless beyond belief. Iv called them 3 times in my life, 3 times they never did a thing. Beg for money and do nothing with it. Yet the CEO sits on a HEALTHY wage. The rspca is not a good charity and all friends and family should be discouraged from donating or supporting them. Remeber, they have NO powers to: Arrest you Question you (under caution or not) Enter any part of your property Take or seize any animal Take criminal action against you as they have nothing to with either the police or CPS. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, TELL THEM TO LEAVE AND NOT RETURN. don't fund or support them, don't listen to any advice given by them or accept any offers of help.
I have not had any good experience of the RSPCA in the last few years, I find them aggorant to deal with and very uncaring to people and animals. Do not go there, if you are looking for a new pet or lokking for help as you are having difficulties coping with your pet, DO NOT USE THE RSPCA.
RSPCA is rated 1.36 based on 22 reviews