SheltaPod Reviews

of reviewers recommend SheltaPod
Read SheltaPod Reviews

hannah@sheltapod.com

Tell us how SheltaPod made you happy
we have enjoyed using our pod for the time we have had it
Lovely to hear! Happy camping and thanks for the review!
Does what it says on the tin, difficult to put up on your own.
Hi Trevor, thanks for the review. We are here to help so if you would like some advice and tips on putting up the SheltaPod then please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
I love - it is very easy to put up - I did it with another person. It is spacious and airy and I love the windows and all the options.
Thanks for the review, Jennifer :)
Love this awning best I’ve ever had
Thanks for the 5*s Martin. Great to hear you are happy with your SheltaPod!
Not as useful as hoped, looking to sell it.
Sorry to hear that Sheltapod didn't meet your needs. Thanks for taking the time to review.
Fantastic addition to our van. Compact when stowed and flexible, functional, and attractive in use.
Thanks for reviewing :)
Quality product, would only wish accessories and additional items were more accessible to buy
Hi Steve, we have some accessories available on the website here - https://sheltapod.com/collections/accessories. We also have lots of other spare parts in the warehouse so drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com if you can't find what you need on the website.
I've tried a few products to extend the living area of my '81 VW Westy. SheltaPod, is pretty good- a but cumbersome to set up for an overnight stop, and I am still learning. I think good value for money.
Thanks for reviewing, Paul. If we can help you with any aspects of the set up, please drop us a line at info@sheltapod.com.
My Sheltapod is great, it does just what I wanted, it's compact, light and really easy to put up. The only issue I have is that I have have a little problem with one of the poles that I am hoping Sheltapod will get sorted out.
Thanks for reviewing, it's great to hear you're pleased with your purchase!
Used the SheltaPod during a 5 month European trip with our campervan. Used it as a awning, sun screen and as a tent, works great in all the configurations. Was especially useful later in the year when it got cool in the evenings. Used a small electric heater in the tent and it was toasty!
Thanks for the 5* review :)
Awkward to set up with two, very difficult with one. Floor strap broke after only two uses and company wouldn't repair or replace. Inner tent suspension system takes up way too much of the tents volume.
Easy to erect looks great, sturdy can withstand “not so” great weather. Best awning we ever bought and we’ve had a few.
Fab review, thanks!
Essential parts broke during first use rendering the Pod worse than useless, these were replaced eventually but not much use a month after they were needed.
Hi Peter, sorry to hear you didn't get those replacements soon enough. We've made lots of improvements since 2017 so breakages are now rare. We hope you've had some use out of it since then.
Fits my 2017 kombi van a treat ,used it loads for weekends with the kids luv it
Thanks for the review - it's great for family camping! :)
It's a terrific extension to the living space in our campervan. It looks great too. We struggled a little bit the first time round to put it up, but this is probably to be expected. It gets easier.. We never go away without it now!
Thanks James. Happy camping!
Sturdy, well thought out design. Stands up to wind and rain without a problem so well suited to camping in the UK.
Thanks for reviewing! :)
Loved the idea but in practice the pod is positioned so far from the campervan that the unit is too big for most campsites. We toured with the idea of getting the joining bit reduced but haven't done anything about it.
Hi Marian, thanks for taking the time to review. We will email you with a workaround to narrow the gap between your vehicle and the pod.
We sold ours, not quite what we were after, not really tall enough, I’m only 5’8
Thanks for taking the time to review, Peter and sorry to hear SheltaPod did not meet your needs.
Light, compact, quick and easy to put up by one person, highly recommended. Replaced a heavy drive away awning on my T5 which wasn't worth putting up for a short stay.
Thanks for the 5* review and recommendation :)
Stylish but not very practical
Hi Sean, thanks for taking the time to review and sorry to hear the SheltaPod has not suited your needs.
SheltaPod is rated 4.33 based on 221 reviews