SkipTheDishes Reviews

of reviewers recommend SkipTheDishes
Live Chat

Tell us how SkipTheDishes made you happy
They give face coupons so that people order and then back off.
The food was marked delivered but I never got it. Disappointing
It's the drivers, it's always the drivers! You need to hire better ones, for starters and if you can't then you need to explain it's important not to drive around the city with the order. This has happened more times than it should. We have had so many problems with skip and it's always the drivers. Last time we ordered our order was forgotten... to the point where the restaurant called us and said no one had picked up the order. They just forgot about it! This time a guy had the pizza order for half an hour, driving around in circles and getting further from our place. Skip refunded the order but hubby is starving. I wish restaurants wouldn't force you to order from Skip... It's terrible!
My driver was incredibly rude. Im staying in a hotel and watched my phone for the driver. It said it was almost there so I waited in the lobby downstairs. Eventually, I noticed a car outside with someone standing outside it. As soon as I walked in he asked if I was there for skip and started to yell at me about how he's been calling and texting me. I showed him that I recieved no calls or texts. He continued to be angry and tried to show me the number which was not my number. So he said that I must have had a secret number. Are you kidding me?
I was livid by the end of it as he kept saying that he put me in as a no show. I told him that, rather than staying at his vehicle, he could have gone to the front desk and just say my name. I want my tip back.
He was beyond entitled and rude.
Im doing door dash from now on.
This Company Skip the Dishes, likes to blame there short comings on their customers, I had a horrible time on June 6th 2020. I had emailed them with my complaints about that night , they have responded by blaming me. Wow I have the pictures to prove this on there do called chat , and email.
It started with our first order not being delivered, then after I got credit for food we never received, we tried once more asking for McDonalds . Now I'm clearly being blamed as their company took over a week to answer my concerns. Both McDonalds and Skip the dishes just pass the blame back and forth , until they told me I wasn't going to be refunded for their Disgusting service. Both places to be exact. Now their blaming me, ? Wow if you need food please do not order from either , as your food will be cold and taste gross , missing items and all . I suggest that you find a restaurant that delivers directly ! This is the biggest scam ever middle manning delivery for places , shame on Skip the Dishes and McDonalds.
Can't give zero stars, wish I could give negative stars. Don't use this service, they have no quality control over their drivers and customer service is horrible. I ordered food on Saturday 13 June 2020. At delivery time I got a call from "delivery driver' saying they were downstairs at the front door of my condo building, but the outside doors were locked and they couldn't access the entry intercom to punch in provided ring code. I said I would be right down. When I got to front door, no driver and the outside door was not locked. Tried calling back to the number that the driver called from, and it's a Skip the Dishes number that does not take incoming calls. I contacted their support chat and it took them a long time to look up my order details, when they finally did they referred to the office responsible, then eventually said they could not contact the driver, then said they gave me a CREDIT with them to reorder! I insisted on a credit card refund. They eventually said they processed the credit card refund, but I still need to confirm that. I asked that they forward my complaint to management, but I have heard nothing back.

Clearly, as a minimum, Skip the Dishes has no quality control on their drivers, and I assume no checks of any sort are done. While I'm really glad that I EVENTUALLY (and presumably) got my money refunded what I really wanted was food! All this took over an hour. After this horrible experience, I ordered from the same restaurant using Uber Eats, and had my order delivered to the door of my condo within 30 minutes.

Since my experience I have checked and seen many similar complaints online.

RECOMMEND YOU AVOID SKIP THE DISHES!!
They don’t deliver on time. If they make a mistake, they also don’t give a refund like a normal business.
I just had really bad experience with my Skip the Dishes delivery driver. The driver’s name is Abdiqafar.

I received a phone call from the driver, and he instructed me to come downstairs. I asked him if he can buzz and come upstairs as I have contact-less delivery set up. He then belligerently told me to come downstairs. He then muttered something incoherent and hung up the phone. We decided to let it go.

Once downstairs, I asked the concierge if someone left sushi at the desk. He replied that someone was at the front desk, but he left. I step outside and spotted the driver to my right in an orange vehicle about 10-15 yards away. I asked Abdiqafar about the food and he instructed me to come to his car. I decided to err on the side of caution because of his belligerent conduct on the phone and Covid-19. I instructed him to come out of his car and give me the food or drop it near me. He instead, sped off with my food maliciously. I am shocked and appalled at the incident that just happened.

I went upstairs without any food and immediately called Skip the Dishes head office. I spoke with a lady; all she did was apologize and refund the credits. She informed me she will investigate this. I do not know if they will even terminate this driver. Especially knowing that this driver knows the address.
skip the dish is the absolute worst place to order from. I order $133 dollars of food on mothers day. My food did not show up . I called sent emails and no one has responded to me. I will never order from this garbage site again. They know nothing about customer service. So dissapointing. We had to order mac Donald's on mothers day . All they do is give you the run around .
They will give your food to whoever is waiting outside your building. They gave my food to someone and gave me there address when i went to there residence they claimed he said it was free food and they picked threw it before throwing it out.

They picked threw it before throwing it out.

I was ready to smash a window in their house.

Instead, I figured call technical support they should refund me and I can at least try again.

Support told me that the order had been delivered to the address given and would not issue a refund.

I had to block the transaction through my bank and will never use their service again.
Terrible experience. First and last time ordering. I ordered McDonald's and the order was missing two large fries and mccroquettes. They refund me part of the money and tell me to reorder the same items. Since the items were part of a combo, so my refund for fries was $0.4 ( for large) and they returned delivery and tip. So I received $16. When I reorder the missing items it comes to $21. So in other words, I had to pay extra out of my pocket for a shitty service, waste my time. I explained to them it cost cheaper as a combo than when you buy it separately. McDonald's n skip made the money n made more but the courier guy - his top was taken away. I honestly don't care about $5 but it's the principle and they wasted my time. I asked instead of reordering why not send me the missing food. So reorder so you can make more money. Thieves.
Skip doesnt care about customer service. Their drivers can steal food with no consequences as skip still gets paid even if not delivered.

Good luck dealing with support on proving it wasn't delivered. They get paid either way. Oh and even complaining with photo evidence of messed up orders or evidence of drivers not showing up... just means suddenly chat support doesnt work anymore. You can still order more and give them more money, but can no longer ask for a refund... unless you want to try customer line, not on their site and which keeps you on hold for an hour just to tell you use chat support... which again they have blocked you from to avoid giving you a refund.

Skip are thieves plain and simple. Eventually they will scam every customer at least once.
This app is terrible. My boyfriend and I ordered for our first time and half of our meal was missing. When we tried to contact the support team it took them about 25 minutes before they actually answered. They informed me that I would be getting a refund (which I have not received) and that there is nothing more that they can do. So now I am left without my dinner, it is late, and they are unable to send me the missing food. Absolutely no remorse for their actions and terrible customer service. No apology and a variety of spelling errors in their messages, so unprofessional. I will never use this app ever again. Would recommend DoorDash or Uber eats, never had a problem with them.
Scammers!

I applied for a job in March 2020, they took my info and my credit card number to charge for bags which i never received. Today is April 22, 2020 and i still can not get a hold of them. I have sent over 20 emails and made several calls (being on hold for significant times). This morning when i called the girl that answered hung up on me. I would like my money back immediately for the application process that went no where. What a scam!
I applied for Skip the Dishes in March 2020 for extra income for my family. The process says 2-3 days. I had to pay for a background check and bags during the application process. It is now April 22 and I have sent over 20 emails and made several calls (waiting on hold for up to 2 hours) with no one willing to help me or responding to any of my emails. This morning when I called the woman hung up on me! Skip the dishes took my money and disappeared! I would not recommend working for them! I will be reporting them daily until I get my money back! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!
My food never came and when I chatted with them they blocked me and stole $30. Someone please come up with a new delivery service in Saskatoon and let's put these guys out of business!
I have had mostly positive experiences with Skip, except two instances where one of the items I ordered was wrong (though that could have been the restaurant’s fault for not checking) and the other time the driver couldn’t find my house and I had to go out for him to hand me my food. Other than that, the service has been good.
Very bad customer service. Slow delivery and the drivers never actually deliver right to the door and then they mark the order as cancelled and don’t refund when they just sit there lazy behind in the car and try to call for you to go to the curb. Isn’t that what they get payed for? Deliver charge on top of tips to deliver right to the door step?. Such bad customer service I’ve had better customer service with door dash. I highly recommend door dash 100%. Very friendly and do their job properly and get your delivery to the door not to the side of curb. Skip the dishes Canada will be deleted from my apps. Don’t waste your time even trying to order thru them.
To all those who use skip the dishes. You might be interested to know that there have been a lot of credit card fraud by simply using the app. You may notice that a payment went to them even if you didn’t order anything. When I called them to complain they hung up on me then they started screening my calls and hung up 4 times when I tried to call back. After that they blocked my number so I couldn’t call to complain or get my money back. I encourage everyone to delete and avoid using them because if something goes wrong your on your own. They currently have a rating of 1.5 stars out of 5. don’t risk your heart money and sanity and dealing with this ridiculous company.
Food tampering