smarTours Reviews

of reviewers recommend smarTours
Read smarTours Reviews

About smarTours:

smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy
Isela
Anna
smarTours 5 star review on 20th January 2020
Joseph
More Photos & Videos
An amazing safari experience!
Guide worked hard to help find the animals. Lodges and food were good.
I would travel this company again.
Great tour guide - Tariq.
Only reason tour not “very good” is last night at hotel on Dec 17 I received over 30 bites from bed bugs that I am still treating.
The itinerary was planned well. The stay in Rio was short. I would have enjoyed staying two or three more days there.
I recently completed a 8 day tour to Cuba. The trip and activities were very fun and informative. My tour guide was very nice but needs a little more training I feel. She has been to Cuba several times so I heard a lot of her experiences sometimes her trips were a little more interesting than what we did or were able to do, so she could have kept that to herself. She also left our group to figure it out more than once so she could do what she had planned for herself.
Being contracted out, the tour was not as good as when conducted by sarTours personnel. The tour guide did not go the extra mile. The float trip was a loser. Walking up the steep, muddy bank with no steps or hand rails was dangerous. Past trips with smarTours have been great.
Hotels, flights & buses were great. Very good value! The local guides could have been better. Singapore’s was a substitute and she struggled with time management and control of the group. Our Bali guide let some people talk him into stopping at McDonalds and at KFC so they could get food!!! Service was so slow and the entire bus had to wait for them. It added an hour and a half to the end of the trip!!! Our Bangkok and Hong Kong guides were excellent!
The customer service people on the phone were not helpful most of the time and did NOT call back when they said they would. I would have given a lower review if it wasn't for our tour guide, Marcelo who was awesome. I would most likely not use SmarTours again or recommend them.
Our trip was to Costa Rica in Dec. Tour guide/drive were outstanding as was the size of our group. Loved the itinerary. Would rate as overall Very Good except the last night at our Hotel (After we had completed our written evaluation and turned it in) my wife had over 30 bites from bed bugs during the night that still haven't healed in over a month. She notified the front desk on our departure and our tour guide and provided a photo of the bites to tour guide. She also wrote to Smartours but did not receive any response.
Gide was very good and knowledgeable, provided a lot of information and care. Overall it was a good tour.
several issues I will write to smarTours direct. No suitcase delivery to our rooms in New Zealand. No reimbursement for the Queenstown by night with Skyline Dinner - $68 US or $95 NZ. Walking to this place in the rain when other groups had been bussed. Sydney day cruise was substituted for a lesser trip -.. $40 US or $45 A to 39 A. Overall the trip was great, the tour guides were very informative. Mark was especially helpful to us. I would like feedback on this survey.
A traveler gets a lot for their money
This was our second trip with smarTours. First one was to India. Great itinerary and EXCELLENT tour guide. We did not like that some of the "optional excursions", which were so important, were not just included as part of the package. Also, the tipping of the local guides and drivers gets annoying and expensive.
We recently completed at round-the-world tour and found the hotel, flights, and local guides to be good; however, two of the guides were not very good (one was alternatively rushing and delaying us and one was not informative); some of the excursions were a waste of time (e.g., shopping in Cairo and a river trip in Bangkok); and the stop in Fiji was not worth the time due to the lack of things to do, the location of the hotel, and limited helpfulness of the guide.
Pre departure information lacked details regarding flights and CORRECT luggage information despite many attempts to obtain information from you.

Including tour guide during Hurtigruten cruise portion of trip was unnecessary. This is not a complaint against our tour guide Albano as he was overall excellent.
Some pre-trip information was lacking. My family members used a different travel company for this trip and received their information in a much more timely fashion. We appreciated and valued Albano during the city and cruise components of the trip, but the need for someone full-time on cruise may be too much, especially with such a small group.
I enjoyed the tour. I thought the tour guide was first rate. I was a bit disappointed in the lack of meals, as well as the additional "optional" tours.
Office very unhelpful. Everyone got name tag except me.
1) we did not have assigned sits for all flights until we checked in at Airports.
2) When we arrived to the hotel in Bali - Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa Hotel the rooms were not ready. We wait about 2 hours to get the room.
Patricia was our guide. She was incredible. While on the buses she would talk about local culture, history and sites. Help us when we went off by ourselves on free times. One of our local guides in Rome was an art historian. Her love of the art she was showing us was obvious. Made the experience so much more enjoyable. Only complaint is inability getting itinerary sooner that 2 weeks before leaving. Having it would have helped in planning free time.
smarTours is rated 4.41 based on 1,365 reviews