smiths glass ltd Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend smiths glass ltd

Popular Questions:

How can I contact smiths glass ltd?

Tell us how smiths glass ltd made you happy

"Installation Team Great, Customer Service Very, Very Challenging.... 2nd time using Smiths and so disappointed. If you are about to consider placing an order with Smiths please read below, all disappointingly true: I will give an abridged version of my experience as I am sure you don't wish to share my journey in full Technicolor! October was the confirmed installation once price and contracts had been agreed and signed. Nearly the whole house to be re-fitted with new double glazing at substantial cost but long overdue. We were informed the installation would take 2 days and be completed October. A small incentive was offered on the price to complete then as this was a quieter time for the Smiths installation team. I write this review some four and a half months later with the installation "officially complete" minus my time and 2 extra holiday days taken for replacement windows to be installed. Firstly, I will say the installer who initially visited to complete the installation was great. In fact it was him who pointed out 3 of the 4 defects in the glass and logged a call with the service team for 4 replacement windows. This is where the painful road to complete the job starts...... 1.Numerous calls chasing status 2.Replacement date booked December as informed "not a priority"installation 3.3 (yes 3) return visits to replace the defective windows due to incorrect size errors 4.Finally completed mid February which should be the end of the story, but this is where I will offer a word of warning... Only after a detailed email from myself asking for feedback did I receive an apology (the first after over 4 months of liaising with the Service team). I have also asked numerous times to speak to a member of management to share my experience to be told the service team deal with all complaints and only they respond. As a senior manager within a large PLC retail company we welcome and demand our leadership team are exposed to customer feedback good or bad but apparently there is only one person who deals with complaints on behalf of Smiths and there is no option to escalate. When I have specifically asked for my detailed email to be escalated I received back "You can email ****@smithsltd.co.uk although I deal with all the complaints so it will be me that responds." To which I responded: "For my understanding to confirm: no one within the management team has visibility of ongoing complaints or feedback? There is no escalation path for any customer to pursue and if the outcome is not satisfactory there is no recourse or option to pass through to one of the senior team?" The response? "You can of course pursue through a third party such as Fensa but again that would come back to me and also they would just ask us to put right anything outstanding which has been done." That's the end of that then in Smiths eyes isn't it.....? The biggest disappointment for me is whenever I have asked for the complaint to be recognised and responded to all I receive back is a very defensive "we do not offer compensation". Not once have I asked for compensation, all I have asked for is to speak to a member of the management team to provide constructive criticism. Smiths, as a company, have a lot going for them, competitive pricing, experienced and skilled installation teams, established as a company providing a good product BUT PLEASE, consider your options. If you have any issues with any part of the installation BE PREPARED to be railroaded. Made to fit in with the installations teams workload and generally feel as though you are an inconvenience to them to resolve something that wasn't your fault in the first place. Shame on you Smiths, and to your Board for not having the appetite to get involved in the day to day challenges faced by your teams to use your experience and knowledge to create a better customer experience especially in todays climate where high ticket purchases are easily deferrable. I will be looking to draw from this experience as I present a numerous retail seminars though the year. For me this is a textbook failing of businesses, which eventually will challenge their place in their market."
Are you smiths glass ltd? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Smiths fitted Bathroom and back bedroom windows several years ago. As I looked out the back bedroom last year, I noticed there was a 2mm gap of the night sky coming through, between window and frame. I sent an email to Smiths there and then, as I was already commicating on another issue where they installed a Warm roof very badly and extra random cost, and still not resolved 1 year later (warm roof still not fixed). I will be adding the Warm roof issue, and other previous jobs, like the Smiths conservatory which leaked until I was forced to upgrade to a warm roof or lose the Conservatory guarantee, because these where separate jobs. Watch this space. Anyway, Smiths came round (surprisingly in the next few of weeks). Engineer was good and solved the dopped window, which was probably installed like that because we have never used that room. But I mentioned to him that the bathroom had been making whistling noises for the last year, and due to Smiths lack of commitment to replying to customers, I’ve been ignoring it as it only happens when very windy. He took the beading off, and there was a 1inch gap between the window and the wall on both sides. The engine was surprised that this gap was never filled with expanding foam. The whistling noise came from the outside mastic degrading over a few years and wind getting into the big cavities. I have had all my windows installed by Smiths, and because I never watched them install these windows, I am scared to think how my other windows where installed."
"Very happy with the work smiths have done on my home consisting of new windows, door and conservatory roof replacement. The installers were very diligent and clean and the office staff I encountered were all friendly and knowledgeable. Would use again."
"AVOID DEALING WITH THIS COWBOY COMPANY (smithsltd.co.uk) Wrong product delivered, really bad installation, and very bad and rude customer service. Although installation was not approved by us and installation document was not signed, this company went ahead and withdrew money from my account without my consent. Over a period of a month, numerous phone calls were made and many emails were sent to their managers requesting them to fix the problem, but no response was received from anyone. During the last phone call, their rude customer service person told me that they "didn't want to hear my voice again" and said very rudely not to contact them again. Please avoid dealing with this company and spare yourself the headache and disappointment that come with their terrible service."
"Bought a Guardian Warm roof. The roof leaks and they are failing to deal with it. Avoid them. I regret going to them"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!!! Seriously, nothing but trouble since the salesman (now left the company) sold my elderly disabled father incorrect doors and conservatory doors. Chap who took measurements (now left the company) stated the company is rubbish and he doubts I will get anything done before they go bust. My father received a phone call at 0750 one morning "telling" him that he needed to pay an extra £233 as the door was more expensive than they first thought. The call woke him up and he felt threatened as he did not have the extra money and asked to cancel everything, but was TOLD he could not and had to pay the extra money when the installing team" arrived. A day after the installation team were meant to arrive, ONE person turned up (now left the company) NOT from Smiths, WITH INCORRECT DOOR AND WINDOWS, COULD NOT EVEN LIFT THEM OUT THE VAN BY HIMSELF. Chap left after a cup of tea telling him he works for another company and does "side work" for Smiths. He was leaving the firm the following day due to unpaid wages. He called his boss via my fathers wifi (installer had no credit on his phone and needed internet access) to tell him he had the wrong items, he could not even lift them out the van, let alone into my fathers house. His boss asked if my disabled father could help ! Major spinal injuries, doubt it ! He then told his boss he was going home for the day as there was nothing he could do, especially as he did not even have the items ordered, let alone try and lift them up ! Smiths refused a refund, would not answer any phone calls (hung up when they knew who was calling), did not reply to ANY emails, we have the "read receipts", ignored all letters sent recorded delivery so we know they had to sign for them. Had no choice but to get refund from Credit Card who my father used to pay the deposit. Section 75, USE IT ! Seriously go to another company. Smiths have tried to take this review off as they state is is not true. What part is not true please ? He has all the documents and recording of phone calls. People need to know what they are getting when they pay their deposit, NOTHING in my fathers case, and down £335 deposit ! I can, and will speak to anyone if required. It is true and can ALL be proved, just ask. Email and phone number given to Smith Glass Ltd but they have just ignored ALL of my, and dads, phone calls and emails. My email cannot be posted on here as it is not allowed. Phone Smiths and ask for my details as a reference, I give them FULL permission. What is the problem with passing over my contact details so I can explain IN FULL what has gone on. You are asked for a Reference when you apply for a job, or get three quotes when wanting something done, ask ME about Smiths ! I will give you an honest answer, backed up with full paperwork, emails and phone call recordings, we have it all. Why should a disabled elderly person be conned out of HIS hard earned money ? He has worked hard all his life and just wanted to update his door and windows. Seriously, if you are old or disabled, Smiths will take advantage of this. Everyone who my father has had contact with has now left the company ! Phone Smiths and ask why, I am not allowed to list the peoples names we had dealings with, but at least FOUR people who no longer work for the "family run business" as advertised. Please Please Please call Smiths and ask about my fathers case and tell them I give them 100% permission to give you my phone number/email address so I can evidence what we have/are going through. It is mine and my dads review. It is not a good one, but ALL reviews, good or bad can be shown. Trust Pilot is for reviews. Good and Bad. This is the whole idea of reviews, and it obviously not only us who have had problems with them. Smiths report bad reviews as untrue and try to get them taken off. How many other people have left bad reviews that Smiths have managed to get taken off ? AVOID at all costs."
smiths glass ltd is rated 1.67 based on 6 reviews