SSE Reviews

of reviewers recommend SSE

Tell us how SSE made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
SSE 3 star review on 20th February 2020
mr r Hill
More Photos & Videos
In 2018 I suffered a fire in my mains fuse . cupboard. SSE blamed the load of my storage heaters and therefore me. SSE took two years to replace a red hot 100 amp glass fuse with a cold porcelain fuse to render my thatched cottage safe. SSE do not understand the reason for the glass fuse overheating. They still blame the customer for a high load. However with the help of my MP KIT MALTHOUSE MINISTER OF STATE, I am forcing SSE in conjunction with the fuse suppliers - Lucy of Oxford and Busman - to research and bench test the glass and porcelain fuses to determine their safety and overheating potential. Meanwhile thousands of high load customers are living on a tinderbox in cold weather if they have the glass fuse.
WARNING BEWARE FIRE HAZARD.
I recently had sse's second generation smart meters installed with a new tracker. And after it was installed I was told by the engineer that the gas on the tracker would appear in about 24 hours. 3 days later nothing. So ended up phoning them which was fine and was told they would sort it out.. Next day still nothing so phoned them again. And was told this time that it was the manufacturer that needed to provide them with a fix (UPDATE) and that there was nothing they could do and no indication when that update would be applied. So my thoughts are that SSE are just useless. Kind of pointless giving customer's new gear that doesn't work..
Not good very expensive
Disgraceful, Unethical company that preys on vulnerable people

In Oct 19, I placed an order for broadband. I lawfully recorded the call in which we agreed the start date. I made it clear I have a life-threatening medical condition. I also stated I require all comms in large print.
Following cancellation, the company sent me a barrage of small-print letters it knew I could not read. Since there was no need for contact, I wrote to head of complaints asking them to cease contact. Meanwhile, I received a threatening letter telling me I still had to pay all bills!
In response, I made a subject access request on Nov 19 asking for the contract that serves as the legal basis for any charges they planned to generate. They never responded thus breaching their statutory obligations under the DPA.
Yesterday I came home from a hospital appointment to find a demand from SSE for payment within 7 days! SSE has generated a demonstrably fraudulent bill since I don’t have a router or a land telephone and they haven’t been able to provide a contract between us (because there is none, since I cancelled).
As a direct result of SSE’s behavior, my condition has deteriorated and I have stared suffering seizures. I have also had to stop the potentially life-extending treatment I was on because my doctor advises it cannot be used in the presence of heart palpitations – which I have suffered since receiving the fraudulent bill. So SSE is literally putting my life at risk.
SSE staff are happy to lie and mislead customers in the full knowledge I am recording the call. My evidence proves my case unequivocally and I am confident the Ombudsman will find in my favour, but meanwhile SSE is going to keep demanding money and adding late charges, potentially ruining my credit rating.
What a way to treat a vulnerable customer. SSE is an utter disgrace. Die to the extenuating circumstances, even Ofcom has intervened – they don’t generally get involved in complaints but they have instructed SSE to stop harassing me.
Please, stay away from this dishonest, unethical company and if you do have dealing, record all calls. It is lawful so long as you tell the at the outset you are recording. I thank god I had the foresight to record all calls
I have provided the Ombudsman with full medical evidence to back up my claim
Disgraceful, Unethical company that preys on vulnerable people

In Oct 19, I placed an order for SSE broadband. I lawfully recorded the call in which we agreed the start date. I made it clear I have a life-threatening medical condition. I also stated I require all comms in large print.
SSE subsequently cancelled my order for reasons unknown and failed to resolve the matter to my satisfaction. So, I cancelled well within the 60-day Happiness Guarantee, which states you can cancel free of charge. I never took possession of a router and do nit have a land phone.

I have provided the Ombudsman with full medical evidence to back up my claim

SSE engages in fraud to intimidate people into paying money they do not owe
very expensive, the quote that they will give will be changed the next month
avoid if is possible ...
Just got my annual report and used the figures to get a quote from here - and initial increase of some £13 per month from SSE which I know from experience will increase after a while. Im with Bulb and am currently £100 odd in credit with them.
ENOUGH SAID.
Excellent customer service and great communication.
Changed to Bulb a year ago from SSE and have not been happier. They couldnt even get THAT right, so I managed to get £100 compensation for my troubles. Goodbye to year on year price increases.
Have a smart meter for gas and electric. Recently signed up for broadband , got a fantastic fixed price deal for a year saving me money on all three.
Customer service has been excellent, informative and helpful.
I struggled one month spoke to them was no hassle at all. Glad to be a customer of SSE I have had many suppliers through the years, these guys are def ace.
Switched from sse energy who I had nothing but problems with , no hassle switching, keep you well informed of any price increases, I send meter readings every month so I know exactly what I’m spending, bulb credited my account with £10 ,use my code and you will get £75 ,just contact with me after you join in ,and you will get additional 25 via ppal
refferal75gbp.tk
No doubt this company has 1 star it's sooooo horrible. Please do NOT use this as your broadband provider. You'll speak to some lady in UK somewhere who will not do a thing to help other than follow some BS manual and ask questions like, "is your router not working because it is on a wooden stand?" I mean... are you flippin' kidding me?

5 days later on most expensive service tier and my internet drops out literally every couple of hours. I've talked to 3 different people, lodged a complaint, been incredibly patient and now I just want to clunk all their stupid heads together and get my money back.
No service on annual boiler cover. Rip off.
Is there any fear of anybody answering the ¥%€+#€$+ phone.
Your customer service is worse than hopeless and your ability to to send a correct,accurate,and honest bill even more so.
They have just saved me £228.13 with a 12 month fix on my electricity supply. Very Happy.
SSE is rated 1.93 based on 15 reviews