Sundae Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sundae
Read Sundae Reviews

1730 E Holly Ave., ,

Sundae was really easy to work with. In a difficult time in my families life, they worked with us and we were able to sell our house. Thank you.
Overall this was the perfect way for us to sell our home. We are very pleased with the price we received. Justin did a great job - there seemed to be a need for improvement in what happened after Justin. He had said someone would call to schedule the inspection and no one did so I called him to find out he was coming that day. Once a buyer was agreed on there was no direction for us . Probably 30-45 days later we started asking Justin questions again to find out no one was really assigned to be our closer. The closer we got after that - Sara- was good but frequently would promise to call us back that day and did not - we would have to reach out to her again. This contributed to a very rushed and scary end to the process where we landed 1100 miles north with no finality or money so we could close as planned and move on in to our new home. Justin again pulled this off in the last hours before we ended up homeless with pets and all our belongings over Labor Day weekend.
Parker Tuck is the best. He shoukd be promoted to Director of Customer Service or Sales. He is very focused on making sure I have a positive experience and went an extra mile to achieve this.
Sundae was quick and professional. Exactly what I was looking for.
Their buyer and buyer loan agent were my downfalls which reflected on the Sundae team which handled the closing.
All was well until I questioned our agent, Justin, regarding choosing a title company as the verbiage in the original agreement allowed the seller that option. After choosing a title company that was proven to be reputable, I relayed this to Justin and was told that no, in fact sundae went with X company and that's who was chosen. I asked why as this was not the wording used in the original document and according to Sundae, the seller was able to choose. I was meet with "why was I so worried about it", "did you plan this before hand" and after actually sending him the highlighted portion of the agreement, was told "this is just who we use, we know them well, we work with them a lot", I was told exactly " I can just tell them to call the whole thing off". I felt as though I was then obligated to go with the title company of Sundaes choosing as not to 'rock the boat'. It just rubbed me the wrong way and despite the wording used in the original agreement, I felt bullied by Justin in that instance. Other than that, everything went smoothly.
Employees were very personable and efficient. A few times we had to follow up to ensure things were going well.
Delivered as promised
Professional and most importantly painless!
Although my mom did not need a quick sale, we were reluctant to do a conventional sale of a 61-year old house with the original non-grounded wiring and a few other issues. My mom has received many solicitations to buy her house for cash. Zillow Offers and Sundae were the only firms that we considered, and Zillow backed out when an inspection showed a crack in the foundation wall. John of Sundae was very understanding of my concerns with their contract, as I wanted the unrestricted ability to go elsewhere with no possible retroactive commission to Sundae if we didn't like their network's best offer. We eventually agreed on terms. The four top offers were within $5,000 of each other, which I found pretty indicative that we were getting a fair price. Escrow went smoothly, and I was able to choose a closing date that allowed me one more trip to San Diego to finish cleaning out my mom's stuff. I especially liked the fact that my mom had no upfront or escrow costs. Sundae speculatively pays for the home inspection and MatterPort pictures. The offer we accepted really was the net she received (minus a minor adjustment for property taxes for the new fiscal year). The only reason that I didn't rate 5 stars was John's overestimate of the offers that we eventually received. To be fair, we got substantially more than a real estate agent that Zillow put us in contact with had estimated, and much much more than the pre-COVID estimate I'd gotten from another agent over a year earlier. The housing market was also in the midst of quickly rising prices (which we were concerned was not sustainable), which made it harder to estimate a price. (And indeed, Zillow's estimates in the area started sliding lower around the time we accepted Sundae's offer.) I'd have only dinged them 1/2 star for this discrepancy if I could.
Good customer relations. Excellent title company.
It was a simple easy experience.
Sundae is everything they say they are. On time, pleasant, professional, Did what they said would do.
Approaching closing time I had to contact Sundae for a closing estimate. Closing was not on time but an adequate explanation was given and they paid a penalty true to the contract terms.
Everything could be done online- very convenient and we had a pretty smooth closing.
SUNDAE WAS AWESOME! They delivered on everything they said they would, including advancing money prior to closing. Unfortunately a family member totally trashed my mom's house, and we did not get the price it was worth because of the cleanup. They were afraid of what they could not see. We knew it was mostly trash, But they had to protect themselves. I get it. That was the only drawback. But hey you can walk away from a big mess, but it will cost you. So in the end it's up to you.
Theoretically it was perfect until sundaes choice of escrow provider dropped the ball and caused delay in closing as well as massive amounts of stress for me - as I had a concurrent transaction contingent on the Sundae closing. While my rep at Sundae assured me they no longer do business with that escrow company- that didn’t help me. Last feedback is this is about the 15th time I have been asked for a review - so my review is- proceed with extra caution and avoid doing what I did with concurrent closing- allow extra time. Enough time has passed that the pain has faded - so believe it or not - I would use Sundae again- I would recommend them.
Everything was very good, all of the people were professional and honest. They gave me what they promise. They did not tell me that the escrow did not close like a regular escrow, whereas after escrow closes you start moving out, not that you had to be out of the house before escrow can close. If that had been made clear , then there would not have been any type of situation at the end. If there is one thing you can do is to improve your communication.
The reps for Sundae were great , they did things on time. They worked with me on setting appts for inspections and even allowed extensions on moving . This was great with Covid delays. There were no costs as they said when we sign the contract.
The people were easy to work with and transparent with the information.
Sundae is rated 4.74 based on 239 reviews