Tippsy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tippsy

Tell us how Tippsy made you happy
Felt that for the price and size of the bottles it was not worth it. I also looked up the actual cost of a full bottle and rounding up found that if I had bought the full bottle size it would have cost something like $168 and that was rounding up. It feels like I overpaid for what I got and makes me rethink ordering again.
Hi Alison. Thank you so much for your review. I'm so sorry about it. We also have some different taste great sake, so if you try to some other sake which is cheaper one, let us know. We can help you great quality sake! I hope you will order some good sake again!
The 3 bottles of saké I received from Tippsy were undrinkable. They were either old, or were subjected to high temperatures and were oxidized. I have been drinking high-end saké for 30 years, so I know good saké when I taste it. I spent $250 for theses three bottles, and all three were poured down the drain.
Hello. Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused... Actually, sake doesn't have expire date. We recommend it should be drink up to 1 year. We have a lot of other sake, so if you want to try different tasty sake, just contact to us! We can help you! I hope you will find your favorites sake. Thank you so much!
it never happen before but this time。 when i order !it have 4 bottles has precipitant !see one the picture !i scared drink them
Hello, Sayuri and Hakushika "snow beauty sake" are Nigori which means unfiltered sake and it's normal that Nigori are like this, you just need to shake it. There are no quality issue for those sake. You can also check out this website https://www.tippsysake.com/blogs/blog/a-silver-lining-in-every-cloud-an-introduction-to-nigori-sake to learn more about Nigori before you try them. Feel free to reach out to us if you need more help.
I cannot personally speak for the sake itself since I ordered a 3 box subscription as a gift for my brother. This is more of a review of Tippsy Sake as a business. Back in May I paid in full for 3 boxes to be delivered every 3 months, which is a plan they no longer have anymore. The issue I had is that when their subscription plans changed I was not informed as a consumer that they would automatically change everyone's subscription plan to one of their new plans and was charged again for the 2nd box when I had already paid in full for it with my previous subscription plan. I'm currently trying to get refunded, but it seems like poor practice to me to change your consumers subscription plans without their consent, not finish the original subscription order, and then charge to renew the new unapproved plan. My brother enjoys the sake, but having these kinds of issues has turned me off from subscribing or recommending Tippsy Sake in the future.
Hello Diane, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we might have caused you. As we have recently renewed our subscription plan, it has caused confusion to our existing customers during the transition of this program. Our customer team has refunded you for the renewal charge earlier this month. We are very sad to see you leave, but we hope you will keep enjoying Japanese sake.
Once everything was processed everything moved smoothly I paid extra for shipping and it still took 2 weeks to get won't shop agian
Hi Craig, We wanted to clarify that the 10$ shipping fee is the standard shipping fee on orders of less than 6 bottles and is not an expedited option. The delay you experienced is due to our use of temperature controlled shipping which is necessary during these hot months to ensure your order arrives fresh.
Offerings are fine, but shipping is a nightmare. United Parcel sends me an email that the 2 bottles will arrive before 9pm. (Signature required). After waiting 10hrs i get another email that they delivery will be thurs before 9pm. I'm not waiting around another 10+ hrs. Email Tippsy to cancel which they say they'll do. I find a box outside my door Sat afternoon. Tippsy never bothered to follow up and with all the litigation today you might not what "Lil Johnny" getting his hands on alcohol.
Hi Robert. Thank you for your comment and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our delivery. Unfortunately, we could not cancel your shipping as your package was already out for delivery from your local UPS facility. We are very sorry and sad to hear that your local UPS was not able to arrange your delivery properly - we always ensure to require an adult signature for our delivery by following policy and regulation. Your comment and feedback are highly appreciated as we will reflect on it to improve our operation.
I love the idea~ and the first 3 orders were perfect. Sadly, I cannot give a strong review as the customer service leaves something to be desired. I have also been waiting for nearly a month for an order I placed in mid-May.... and another recent order was suddenly "sold out" of an item that had been in stock back when I made the order. Then I was "reimbursed" only a fraction of the cost of the missing items. I want this company to succeed... but they need to fix some stuff!
Hi Amelia, thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our service. As we have sent you an email, our carrier changed its policy in your state and all the items we shipped were returned to our warehouse to be re-shipped with a different carrier. Due to this unexpected change, our shipping got delayed. We will do our best to improve our communication and operation. Per your out-of-stock item, our customer support team has refunded you for the exact amount you have paid for this item after the applied discount (since you have used a discount code for this purchase). If you have any questions about this transaction, please feel free to contact us. Again, we are truly sorry for the delay and inconvenience you have experienced.
The sake selection is top notch and all things considering shipping time was not bad. Unfortunately, the packaging is not protective enough and my package arrived sopping wet with sake and a broken bottle.
Tippsy 2 star review on 10th June 2020
Hi Valerie, Thank you for your review and for bringing this issue to our attention. We are truly sorry for this unfortunate accident. Our customer support team will contact you to assist you with this matter. We will do our best to improve our service and your feedback is highly appreciated.
Everything was good with the initial order and shipment. Ordered the 3 month, received a notice my second shipment was “fulfilled.” Never received it, reached out to tippsy and they said they would look into it, never got back to me. Emailed again, no response. Will not renew and trying to get a refund for the 2/3 shipments I didn’t receive .
Hi Jeremy! Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with your order. Our team is aware of your case and they have been responding to your communication. Please let us know if our email didn't reach you for any reason. Although your May box (which is your second box) has already been shipped out, due to the current situations, some of our carriers are experiencing unexpected delays with delivery. We are doing our very best to resolve your case and we will gladly provide you a refund for the rest of the months of your subscription. Please check our emails to further discuss this case. Thank you so much for your honesty and for being patient.
Take really long times for shipping and the sake a bit expensive compare local. Taste feel like same with the shop...I’m not gonna order again
Bought a bottle a couple weeks ago. Had to pay a lot on shipping because I only bought one. Then it said it was going to take two weeks to arrive. That's somewhat understanable, but two weeks went by and nothing has happened. It seems like they are dragging their feet.
Tippsy is rated 4.78 based on 1,718 reviews