Tippsy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tippsy

Tell us how Tippsy made you happy
My first nigori. Stronger flavor than other sake I’ve tried. Unfiltered texture wasn’t bad and didn’t make as much of a difference as I thought it would.
Thank you for your feed back and hope you will find out your fav nigori soon!
Haven't received the sake yet.
Hello Stephen, we have sent an email with your tracking; the tracking shows delivered. Please reach out back to us for further assistance.
I wish it was more customizable, but for novices it’s a pretty nice package.
Thank you for your review!
I wish I could rate higher, but GLS, the company that delivers this sake, has consistently not delivered my packages so I have no clue whether this sake is good or bad. I have not received either of the items I ordered and I am reviewing in the hopes that companies take GLS's lack of accountability into consideration when partnering with them.
Very delayed shipping more than 15 days
We sincerely apologize for the delay due to the large amount of orders that we received for holiday season and the carrier had late delivery also due to the holiday season. we hope you received the package without any issue - if you need further assistance, please reach out to our customer service.
As a company, i think you are swell. But having lived in Japan for many years, I have found some you your sake selections disappointing. Too sweet when I have ordered dry, many are too mild, lacking the robustness and depth I prefer. Perhaps these are selected for a milder more American pallet? My husband, who is Japanese, ( born and raised) agrees. We would like to continue ordering, but I'm just not sure.
Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for your candid feedback! We are curious as to which specific brands you would love to see us carry, as we are in the process of adding more than 100 more sake to our portfolio in the coming months.

Please do feel free to suggest sake that you love, (as long as they are not the un-pasteurized nama category, as those normally are recommended to be refrigerated all the way so it's difficult for us to carry logistically, and we don't carry the 1.8L size as those break easily and the selections are too few) and we would be happy to consider carrying them.

Thank you for ordering from Tippsy! We believe that our selection is just the beginning in exploring the vast products that are available, and aspire eventually to carry every sake that is available in the U.S.
Ordered 5 different bottles, only like one of them
We are sorry to hear this, but thank you for exploring and trying to find out your personal favorite Japanese sake with us. If you would like the recommendation from us, please feel free to reach out to our customer service, we can connect you from there and you can communicate to our sake expert from Tippsy. Please let us assist you to find more satisfying Japanese sake if you would like to!
It took long enough to come. I could have picked it up. Damn
Thanks for your review, Robin. During the summer (July - Sept), we use temperature-controlled delivery to ensure the quality of the product. This takes additional time to ship your package - but we believe it is a crucial process. We truly appreciate your understanding and we hope you enjoyed your sake!
My first sake came in the mail hot to the touch. It seemed hotter than it was outside, so, maybe that changed the flavor? I drink other things and the taste seemed off to me. It was an amazing experience though. Great service. Will order again.... in winter.
The LSO freight company tried making a delivery well after business hours when no one was here at our brewery. So I had to pick up the package myself at the station.
2 of the bottles I received were great! One was sticky and appears half empty so I'm not sure we should consume it....
Delivery status updates are slow and inaccurate. Sake is overpriced as well.
Hi Jared, thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear that you had an issue with your delivery status. Some states are a bit tricky in terms of delivery due to different regulations and policy and it seems like your state is one of them. We will continue to do our best to improve our operations and service. We truly appreciate your feedback!
the first sake box was wonderful & this 2nd box was mediocre. one of the sake choices was far below what I would expect for the subscription price. on instagram I saw posts for foodie "influencers" receiving a higher end selection. wondering if I got some of the leftover bottles.
Hi David! Thank you for your review! As the concept of our subscription box is for our customers to expand their sake journey through various kinds of sake that we carefully pick for each month. In this way, customers can find their favorites and understand their sake preferences better. Actually, what we send to our partners is from our previous months' boxes. Customers always get to experience our newest and most balanced collection of sake. We hope you will continue your sake journey with us. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!
I just got my first box, but I didn't get product cards. This is frustrating because I want to learn about the sakethat I received and drink afterwards.
I just want get it earlier
Great selection, great products, but slow shipping and practically no status updates
It was nice to find the specific bottle I was looking for. But I could not find my order after I registered so to make sure it went to a changed address I had to order it again. Price was not cheap.
The sake was good , but the delivery from fedex was horrible. I never got the tracking order number . They sent the package to a completely different house, in a different neighborhood that wasn't even close to my house. They didn't do the adult signature to the person that was home, they left the box at the door and the fedex person signed for it. Thankfully the person at the other house was super nice and brought it to the house. But besides that the sake was great, I would like to reorder but I'm now hesitant due to Fedex.
Good contact from representative in tracking down delivery.
Tippsy is rated 4.78 based on 1,457 reviews