Tippsy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tippsy
Read Tippsy Reviews
So excited to have found Tippsy! I love sake but don't know much about it (yet!) and Tippsy is making it easy and fun to learn. The selections in the subscription box have been super fun and tasty. Can't wait for the next shipment!
Great info to make educated buys... Easy to order. Arrived fast. Couldn't ask for more!
I really appreciate the cards that go with the bottles.
Diverse, fun, interesting selections of sake and the website and customer service are well done. Easy to navigate, easy to get responses, quick (and affordable!) shipping. All in all a great experience. Will buy again!
The individual we spoke with was extremely well versed in sake. He was able to steer us in the direction of a similar sake we had at an izakaya. This was notable, as that sake, kubota manju, was unquestionably the best sake my wife and I have ever had. Having options available with comparable palate is amazing. Everything we have ever had at a restaurant or from a store had either been reasonably drinkable for explicitly for cooking. Tipsy will be our goto for drinking sake purchases moving forward!
While the concept of a sake subscription service is nice, the website delivery schedule payment information is misleading. Presently my 3 month, 1 box a month, subscription shows 6 scheduled delivery dates and for each monthly entry it lists a $168 dollar figure (USD), and the Type as Prepaid. This is misleading as is suggests that there will be a monthly charge of $168, when it should only show a charge every 3 months. I would suggest that the “Delivery Schedule” page only list the dates for paid boxes, and then be updated after the next subscription charge is made. In addition the information already on the “Subscription Orders” page it should list the date the next subscription charge will be made
I used your shopping twice, and very good service and logistics. Thank you for your Sake!
I lived in Japan for 15 years and got used to drinking really good sake. I even kept a notebook to rate all the sake I tried. So when I returned to Texas and encountered the sake wasteland here (read Gekkeikan), I was in the dumps. Then I discovered Tippsy which offers many of my favorites and new ones to try, thanks to the reviews. I love this company and plan to post individual reviews to help others choose. Thanks for bringing great sake to the US, Tippsy!
Thank you Kay for great review! Can't wait to see your reviews on individual bottles. They will help new drinkers to choose good sake;)
It was quick and easy to order and fast shipping given where coming from. Only complaint would be that it wouldve been nice to know that Fedex wouldnt ship it to a po box. Otherwise it was a fast fix and arrived the next day
This is my first time signing up for a subscription box for anything. I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday and he loves the selection we recieved. He usually gets the cheap, large bottles from a normal grocery store so he's very excited he's able to refine his sake palette. And it's a reasonably priced for the quality sake you get. I am very happy with my purchase :)
Natsuki, so glad to hear your boyfriend likes our Sake Box! We try to choose some rare items in it. Hope he'll find his new favorites!
I bought this for a friend's birthday and she loved it! I would recommend for the site maybe in the future to have a survey on what types of sake one would like. I feel not everyone will like fruity, not everyone will like dry. It would just be nice to have the option to narrow the gift box subscription. But overall, it was great and definitely recommended!
Jessica, thank you so much for the great feedback! Yes, we understand different preferences. We hope to have more variety in our sake box menu in the future!
I had a question prior to ordering - it was answered very, very quickly. thank you!
Thanks for your nice comment!
Bought into this sake club for my husband’s anniversary gift. He adored it. Loves the fact cards and of course your sake choices.
Buying sake has long been such a hit or miss proposition with very few retail stores specializing in it. Tippsy makes it easy and painless to search for sake at reasonable prices and have it delivered to your door. The sake club is a very interesting concept that allows people to try different sakes.
Prompt reply
I like Japanese sake very much all the time. Pomelo flavor is very good to drink
I know very little about sake other than I like it. I wanted to learn more so I purchased a sample box. We have only received one box thus far but everything was quite tasty. The accompanying information cards was done quite well. I'm looking forward to my next box.
I just want get it earlier
I bumped into tippsusake randomly, searching for information about a specific one and realizing there a few extended online store. This site definitely has a large enough collection, is easy to navigate and use and has a friendly helper staff (I had a problem with creating my account, they were nice to help). Each sake has metric such as a "taste rating" showing acidity sweetness level, recommended serving temperatures and rough pairing. I would suggest to extend that section ("Fish" as s suggestion is vague - is this a tuna steak? shellfish? light seafood salad? sushi/sashimi?) but overall, the site is one of the most comprehensive site out there.
Im so happy I found this site! They have a very interesting sake selection - a good mix of some standards sakes and lots of new ones to try. Prices are very reasonable. This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship...
Tippsy is rated 4.73 based on 73 reviews