Howdens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Howdens
1.9
Based on 142 reviews
Courier, Own Driver

Tell us how Howdens made you happy
Howdens  1 star review on 22nd February 2021
The designer did not know what he was doing wrong size drawers, not enough room for the fridge freezer. He also did not listen to our requirements and we did not realise until it was too late. We had been on this journey for 5 months and just wanted to get to the end. Having looked at other peoples kitchens from other outlets we should have gone with one of them.
Its a con, Installer tells end user to go to Howdens. End user goes in to depot, Chooses a kitchen gets it measured and designed. Designer calls installer (account holder) and asks how much they would like adding on to the price of the kitchen (for themselves) Majority of time it is over a thousand pounds, designer then adds this on to the overall price. Installer gets the money placed on his account. If the end user asks Howdens for a breakdown of the price, Howdens say they can't supply it, as its on the installers account... Meaning you have no idea what your paying for. Its A Rip Off Britain Story If Ever There Was One. Andrew Livingston (CEO) Wake Up
Ignoring emails about substandard oak for months. Despite sealing 40mm oak worktop ( I am ex aerospace engineer / woodwork teacher). Worktop around sink lifting, small bits literally fallen out. After many phone calls / photos Porthmadog branch did site visit and felt / took photos. I offered £100 toward the cost of new wood / new fitter. TOTALLY ignored my repeated emails for months. Not to be trusted When I threatened with deadline they offer a new bit of wood, only sent them two email that week,
Categories Blog My Reviews My Settings Help LOG OUT Alternate Text Sam Bird GB For businesses Your review counts! You reviewed Howdens Sam Bird Sam Bird 8 reviews 2 stars: Poor Updated just now They messed up the delivery and then we… They messed up the delivery and then we had to drive to pick up what they missed rather than deliver it for us. We were told by the incompetent kitchen planner that it would 'be tight, but itll work'. However the kitchen they planned for us didn't account for the decorative end panels on cupboards. So it fit perfectly with the ugly base white cupboards. Why would you account for the aesthetics in a new kitchen though? That'd be ridiculous. Basically ended up with a very different kitchen than what was paid for, and excess stuff they sold that wasn't needed. They get away with it because they usually work directly with trades people rather than consumers. Don't go with Howdens. Pick any other kitchen supplier.
The kitchen units may be good but customer service is dreadful. I've written, phoned and still no reply. It took them 3 months to provide an invoice which be warned has very little detail. Also surprised that the manager kept on telling me3 he used to work for Curreys!?
Never before have I been insulted, accused of lying, charged double for items, had second hand items delivered. My kitchen was badly planned, so unable to fit.. Also was delivered without an invoice. Also head office haven't even acknowledged my complaint. I would not give them the time of day, let alone my custom. I am referring to management, as the other staff are quite pleasant and helpful.
Not even worth 2 stars
Hard to get in touch in case of the problem. Claiming to supply to trade where really they supply to anyone willing to buy their merchandise.
Howdens is rated 1.92 based on 142 reviews