Howdens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Howdens
1.9
Based on 143 reviews
Courier, Own Driver

Tell us how Howdens made you happy
Howdens  1 star review on 22nd February 2021
Buy your door furniture for screwfix or alike as Howdens price are massively over priced always has been. ( we won't be beaten on price ) that's not true ? You ask for a price then you are hassled by them on phone asking if you require items. A pain I'm trying to work. Sales are great but I need to know the price for an item after sale price ,they don't know, so you have to wait for sale to end to get normal price helpful not . Also trade only , I've had customers walk in start an account with no hassle, they haven't been in the trade.. I've been a customer well over 20 years.
It's a difficult one. Nice enough staff when ordered a kitchen. We had their 'best ' fitter install the kitchen . As always with my luck, this was the first time he had fitted our model as it was a new design. So after cutting into our newly plastered wall to make the units fit we carried on. We then ordered howdens luxury vinyl rigid oak effect flooring with underlay... the experienced fitter layer it straight onto a concrete floor. It bounces and taps against the concrete. Cant decide if howdens mislead the fitter or the fitter has installed incorrectly without perfectly levelling the floor before hand. This is basically the trouble with howdens. You buy a kitchen and materials but they can get out of any ownership due to them not fitting anything. My advice would be to go to a dedicated kitchen company with fitters.
To be fair to Howdens now got a refund and they say some of poor service was mis communication which I accept
Overall experience was good when purchasing my kitchen however, once purchased, i found that their aftercare was very poor. I had issues with the worktop i purchased, shortly after it had been installed, i found scratches dents and chippings, i complained about the quality of their product but it was to no avail.
Howdens is rated 1.91 based on 143 reviews