Pets at Home Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pets at Home

Tell us how Pets at Home made you happy
Farnborough Branch - we tried to have our dogs nails clipped, the ginger haired female twice claimed on different visits that visits were appointment only and that she was finishing her shift shortly, 6pm ! the Groom Room was empty and she was obviously far too lazy to deal with a customer. Poor service and we will not revisit.
We visited the gloucester branch today and spoke to two members of staff who were extremely helpful. The staff are always so friendly and happy to help.
Came in today to but a collar, lead and dog treats after waiting 10 minutes at an empty till I left with nothing. I saw no staff at all, where were they?
Usually the service and products are very good, however on this occasion we were given cat litter (World's Best) in a split bag. It was covered in an outer bag. We didn't realise how split the bag was until we got home (click and collect). This would have made it impossible to use the bag to store the cat litter so we had to decant it carefully into a plastic dustbin we just happened to have available.
Today was a very special day for my wife. We purchased two guinea pigs some weeks ago and sadly one died. My wife was devastated. Pets at home have been absolutely fantastic in resolving the situation. Apart from supplying us with another guinea pig "GRACE" they provided a new cage to give the two pigs time to adapt plus food and nibbly bits. Thanks to James and John and all the team at chilwell. Love you all.
They rarely stock what I need in these shops, there are 4 stores I use regularly in my area. Half of the staff are excellent the other half are ignorant or condescending. Most stuff is available cheaper elsewhere although pets at home has been convenient for me in the past, today's final straw of the opening hours changing for the second time and leaving me unable to get food for my exotics I will not be shopping there again. Be aware that deliveries from pets at home have also been incorrect on several occasions too.
Took our pet dog into new oscott branch to try and find a harness they he could not escape from. The assistant manager and another female shop assistant were so helpful. Tried every single type of harness in shop. Did not try to sell us most expensive and very patient with us and 6 month old puppy until we found one we were most happy with. The pup is an escape artist. They also said we could return it if we were not happy. Well done!!! Thank you
Just picked up my dog Honey from The Groomers. She had deShedding and FURminator treatment. She now looks amazing, best treatment I've had from there. Will certainly be going back. Thank you.
Yet another delivery has arrived in an over filled and broken box. This happens every time I do an order. I have emailed but no response. The poor courier has to tape together the boxes every time. How are they supposed to deliver parcels that are falling apart because they are simply too heavy. Customers with mobility or strength issues would not be able to lift these parcels. Please train your staff to pack properly and NOT make the parcels so heavy. Because some tins of dog food are packed loose, they arrive badly dented and they damage the cat food boxes. Please improve your packing!
Tried to buy goldfish for daughter at pitsea branch, I had to have an interview under caution in my fish keeping skills and tank size etc etc, after telling the lady once the fish outgrows the tank it will be transferred to my pond, I was told my answers did not allow them to sell me a fish, when I tried explaining I have kept fish for 30 plus years and I obviously new more than her tick list and my pond was probally not on her tick chart, the security guard who was in earshot thought he had the right to butt in and put in his Penny's worth, I was with my wife and 4yo daughter so there was no heated exchange, why the security guard felt he had to butt in is beyond me. Oh and by the way you have at least 50 times more fish than you should in your pokey little tanks, prob why there are always dead or half dead ones floating in your tanks.
Staff in falkirk one lady trys to tell u how to keep fish when u have kept them for longer than she has lived, terrible company very rude lady at fish in falkirk.
Not happy with pets at home, poor service.
Appalling service at our Chichester branch today. We bought a tuggy dog toy for our Spanials(£10, so not cheap) Within a minute of him having it, it started to disintegrate.... We returned it today to get a refund and were told they don't do refunds on dog toys as they are meant to get destroyed. I Stated that all dog toys should be fit for purpose and last longer that a minute. I was told that its company policy and if I want to complain then fill my boots. Watch this space. If your dog toys are not fit for purpose then they should not be sold. And no, our spanial does not normally destroy his toys. He has quite a soft mouth. 🤔🤔🤔
Excellent customer service..very knowledgeable staff..absolute pleasure to shop for pets and accessories..big thumbs up to pets at home..
I'd never shop in there qgain, I'm a nervous person as it is never mind shopper and my partner and I went in and we're followed from we entered till we left. I've been quite getting into reviews and sorry they don't get a good 1 from me. Maybe it was because I was nervous, my partner was comforting me, who knows hut it was litterly like you could here the spy music,they use radios and we heard them, I believed it to be very rude. Then again they must have problems or they wouldn't need security guards so I've now talked myself into feeling half n half
Love the shop and groom room. Easy to find what your looking for. A bit more expensive than other outlets but has everything under one roof.
The Groom Room - Chesterfield Store. Prices are ridiculous - no customer service skills, and they don't know how to clip a dog according to breed standards, also rubbish at clipping dogs nails - don't use them they will scare your pet
I love this place and their wide range of products at good prices
Fast efficient service for dog food delivery.
Always friendly staff quick service and collecting donations for a dogs charity feeding homeless dogs. Had what we required in stock.
Pets at Home is rated 4.22 based on 74 reviews