Animed Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Animed Direct

01379 871051

-, - United Kingdom

Tell us how Animed Direct made you happy
It is apparent something is seriously wrong at this company. I've been using them for some time and have always been happy with service but having placed my latest order almost two weeks ago and with no signs of receiving special food for my wee dog I have tried to contact them- to no avail. It is absolutely impossible to get through on telephone and of course they are not responding to emails. They obviously must know how they are letting down their customers - question is why. Why would a company such as this suddenly become so busy. I fear the worse - that I have just given them a £92 contribution! I hope I am wrong.
Wow this is an appalling company!! Paid extra for express delivery and am still waiting for my order. You can never get through to them on the phone . My pet needs this medication urgently , do they not understand !! They obviously do not care for pets , they grab your money and do not deliver . I will be telling others about this fraudulent company . A first time customer they have definitely now lost!!
Animed is a crooked company that will distort the facts as it suits them in order to hold on to your money.
Rude, obnoxious, arrogant, uncaring PIRATES.....stay away..if I could I would give them minus stars....this company should not be allowed to steal from customers or be in business at all.
Ordered medication for my elderly dog, who very sadly died the day after I placed the order. I emailed Animed to cancel the order and they said it was too late it had already been despatched. However, when I checked the tracking site it was not even listed and when it was it was noted as despatched the day after I cancelled the order. I told Animed that I would not be in to receive the order and it would therefore be returned to them, which it was by the GPO. Animed still insisted that they would not give me a refund and that it would be incinerated if returned to them. They say once medication has left their company it cannot be reused by themselves, even though it was returned directly to them in the same packaging and completely sealed. They are therefore saying that the medication was in good enough order to be used by myself, but not good enough to be returned and put back into their stock. It was a stock item and not one specifically produced for my dog. It also had a very long shelf life. I paid by credit card and my bank are investigating this on my behalf. I have used Animed regularly but clearly they are only interested in making a profit and have no loyalty or feeling for their customers. Completely heartless and unsympathetic in the circumstances.
This is one of the worst websites I’ve ever dealt with. Tried to order prescriptions for my three cats. Placed order and emailed scans of prescriptions as asked. Received nothing. A week later, emailed to ask where it was. Only then did I get a form letter email saying there was “an issue” with my prescriptions. But it didn’t say what!!! I re-sent the scans, plus took pictures and sent those. Again nothing. Further emails led to more confusion as they seemed to have got one but not the other two. More emails. Then ANOTHER form letter same as before. Tried phoning the 0300 number many times - always engaged. Another email. They said they were processing the order but then I got the same form letter about “issues”. Aaaaargh! I went to a competitor’s website, Pet Drugs Online where I placed the order, sent the scans and got confirmation within 10 MINUTES. The medicine arrived the next morning less than 24 hours after ordering. Now THAT is how to do business.
Paid for express delivery, on the website I was told a specific day that the product would be delivered.

The product was not even dispatched to the later of the two dates.

When I rang up to complain, some snooty woman was very unapologetic, and refused to refund the Express delivery I had paid

I would not use this company again
Ordered an item 22/11/14 and had an email to say it had been dispatched 23/11/14. Item hadn't arrived in a few days so emailed customer services to ask if all was ok with the order. They told me delivery can be up to 5 business days following dispatch. It has now been 8 business days and still nothing. Have emailed again today but am expecting to be fobbed off again!
Non existent customer service. Only an automated response saying they’re busier than normal (this is what it always says, regardless).
I had to wait 10 days to be told they would not be delivering half my order, then waited another week for the prescription diet my dog requires. My dog has chronic renal failure. Any pet with need for prescription food cannot source their diet from over the counter so is reliant on online delivery (unless you want to pay exorbitant prices from a vet)
I have given up with Animed because of the frustration in trying to get any kind of response from them is exhausting. There are plenty of other suppliers. I advise you try somewhere else.
I will never use this company again. I have been to them before where food was delivered on time and prices were lower than other pet food companies. However, I placed an order on 19th October, where I have had no dispatch email as yet. I’ve emailed them 3days later, as I paid express delivery. No reply!!! I’ve also rang numerous time’s with the line being ‘very busy’ and to email them instead. Absolutely disgusting to even treat people this way when money is tight for many people right now. I’ve paid over £50 and I’m urging you not to use this company. Complete scam!!!!!!!
I have used animed for a number of years not because they was cheaper but the service was good.
I understand like everywhere with the Pandemic things are difficult but this isn't the way to operate and this is only the way to lose customers.
I haven't been waiting for my order as some of the other reviews but I have had no contact to messages you call and I just don't have enough hours to wait to get through and even a PayPal dispute gets no response.
I would NEVER use again and I advise others to do a Google search and find what you want elsewhere.
Unless you are happy for your animals to go without medication or medication food then sure use this place.
Very disappointed
Avoid this company like the plague. You place your order, they debit the money from your account within 24 hours, then ........
nothing! They will not reply to emails, they will not take phone calls, they claim to have an online cancellation form but their website will not allow access to it and they ignore all attempts to cancel by email. They are a totally unscrupulous, unethical company.
I am beyond furious ! Been trying to contact Animed for 3 days..held for over an hour in a queue to be cut off when I reached number 1 in the queue this happened not once but twice..extremely frustrating to wait that length of time to be cut off
The same thing at 8:30 this morning although I only waited 20 minutes !!
What do you have to do to get a response as this has now cost me a lot in wasted phone calls..absolutely appalling customer service.
I would give no stars but don’t have that option
Like many other customers, have had good experience in the past, latest order has not arrived yet (after 10+ days).
Avoid
Website great but customer service and communication shocking. Was no. 8 in the phone queue and after 30 minutes gave up as I had only moved 4 places. They must only have 1 person accepting calls. Ordered my usual food 9 days ago and taking the bank holiday into consideration it’s now been 6 working days. No communication at all from them. I went into their shipping site and it is showing delays in Sending food out! Deliveries now 3-7 working days so should be tomorrow! I’ve already had to buy different food for dogs which isn’t great as the regular order is a special one. Communication is really poor, quick to take money (a week ago) but can’t even send an e-mail to customers to update them.
My last order from Animed Direct had to be chased as it had not arrived after seven days but I gave them the benefit of doubt thinking this might be a one off.

With this in mind, I tried to place my next order in plenty of time on Monday 20 July in the knowledge that my dog had sufficient food to last until Tuesday 28 July but that was where the problems started!

The website was not working and would allow you to add goods to your basket but not progress to checkout.

Throughout Monday and Tuesday I repeatedly tried to order online and by telephone but had to give up waiting after 60 minutes as I had an appointment to attend.

I decided that I would email customer service on Tuesday to inform them of the website problem, explain the issues and ask them to either let me know when the website was working again or give me a ring so I could complete my substantial order.

Unfortunately I did not receive any response to my email and still haven't!

I continued to try the website and phone lines and by Friday I realised I was running out of time so telephoned and waited until I was eventually connected to place an order over the phone, paying the extra for express delivery and received the confirmation email.

However, I had still not received the order this morning (Tuesday 28 July) so emailed to check when it was due to be delivered.

I was shocked by the response which simply informed me the order had been cancelled as there was a pricing problem!!!

No communication at all from Animed and no food on its way for my dog. They are not prepared to honour the original order as the price was lower than it should have been but didn't have the courtesy to even inform me of this!!

Suffice to say I will now be ordering elsewhere as Animed clearly do not appreciate my custom or the inconvenience caused to me!!
I wish I had read the reviews and avoided this company. I paid for next day delivery because I was going on holiday and hadn't received my order after 5 days. Do not use this company.
Awful customer service. I ordered a special food my dog can only have. It took a week to come and half the order was missing. I rang 5 times with 2 advisors telling me they would email me with an update. This did not happen. In the end an advisor informed me that DHL had only received half the order, she said they was having a problem with their Warehouse. The advisor could not promise when I would receive the order. This is really bad service I have had more than 1 problem with this company. I will now be looking at ordering elsewhere.
I sent an order in nearly two weeks ago but no e-mail in responce. The money went out of my bank next day but when I go on site nothing has happened and like afew others the phone number cuts you off as soon as it rings,such bad service No i won't use again.I have also e-mailed with No responce either.
My second order, not impressed.
I have tried to call to get an estimated delivery date as we are looking after a dog & need the food urgently. I emailed 3 days ago - no response. I have dialled the number about 50 times, keep getting the engaged signal. First time I got through I was told for half an hour I was 6th or 5th in the queue.... gave up..... Today, tried 26 times, engaged. Finally got through, no message the phone rang for 39 mins. They say they are passionate about customer service ?????..... A silly statement as they don’t have any in place... very disappointed. 07763 813463 if you should read this, I would be delighted to hear from you.... IF THERE IS ANYONE THERE !!!!!!
I bought a Seresto Flea collar for my cat, and finding a real one online is a struggle as there are so many fake Seresto collars out there! I am VERY IMPRESSED with Animed Direct. They delivered a legit, REAL Seresto collar to my door within a few days, during the coronavirus crisis, and my cat is now happily resting itch free. Amazing online company, amazizng prices, I trust them 100% and will use them again and again. Selina MacDonald, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
Animed Direct is rated 1.87 based on 156 reviews