Animed Direct Reviews

Tell us how Animed Direct made you happy
Animed Direct 1 star review on 14th May 2020
Heather
More Photos & Videos
Ordered medication for my elderly dog, who very sadly died the day after I placed the order. I emailed Animed to cancel the order and they said it was too late it had already been despatched. However, when I checked the tracking site it was not even listed and when it was it was noted as despatched the day after I cancelled the order. I told Animed that I would not be in to receive the order and it would therefore be returned to them, which it was by the GPO. Animed still insisted that they would not give me a refund and that it would be incinerated if returned to them. They say once medication has left their company it cannot be reused by themselves, even though it was returned directly to them in the same packaging and completely sealed. They are therefore saying that the medication was in good enough order to be used by myself, but not good enough to be returned and put back into their stock. It was a stock item and not one specifically produced for my dog. It also had a very long shelf life. I paid by credit card and my bank are investigating this on my behalf. I have used Animed regularly but clearly they are only interested in making a profit and have no loyalty or feeling for their customers. Completely heartless and unsympathetic in the circumstances.
This is one of the worst websites I’ve ever dealt with. Tried to order prescriptions for my three cats. Placed order and emailed scans of prescriptions as asked. Received nothing. A week later, emailed to ask where it was. Only then did I get a form letter email saying there was “an issue” with my prescriptions. But it didn’t say what!!! I re-sent the scans, plus took pictures and sent those. Again nothing. Further emails led to more confusion as they seemed to have got one but not the other two. More emails. Then ANOTHER form letter same as before. Tried phoning the 0300 number many times - always engaged. Another email. They said they were processing the order but then I got the same form letter about “issues”. Aaaaargh! I went to a competitor’s website, Pet Drugs Online where I placed the order, sent the scans and got confirmation within 10 MINUTES. The medicine arrived the next morning less than 24 hours after ordering. Now THAT is how to do business.
Paid for express delivery, on the website I was told a specific day that the product would be delivered.

The product was not even dispatched to the later of the two dates.

When I rang up to complain, some snooty woman was very unapologetic, and refused to refund the Express delivery I had paid

I would not use this company again
Ordered an item 22/11/14 and had an email to say it had been dispatched 23/11/14. Item hadn't arrived in a few days so emailed customer services to ask if all was ok with the order. They told me delivery can be up to 5 business days following dispatch. It has now been 8 business days and still nothing. Have emailed again today but am expecting to be fobbed off again!
My second order, not impressed.
I have tried to call to get an estimated delivery date as we are looking after a dog & need the food urgently. I emailed 3 days ago - no response. I have dialled the number about 50 times, keep getting the engaged signal. First time I got through I was told for half an hour I was 6th or 5th in the queue.... gave up..... Today, tried 26 times, engaged. Finally got through, no message the phone rang for 39 mins. They say they are passionate about customer service ?????..... A silly statement as they don’t have any in place... very disappointed. 07763 813463 if you should read this, I would be delighted to hear from you.... IF THERE IS ANYONE THERE !!!!!!
I bought a Seresto Flea collar for my cat, and finding a real one online is a struggle as there are so many fake Seresto collars out there! I am VERY IMPRESSED with Animed Direct. They delivered a legit, REAL Seresto collar to my door within a few days, during the coronavirus crisis, and my cat is now happily resting itch free. Amazing online company, amazizng prices, I trust them 100% and will use them again and again. Selina MacDonald, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire.
I placed an order in mid-March. It was still marked as "processing" for days and I had no confirmation email, so I wanted to check that it had actually gone through, and there wasn't some problem with it, as my dog has pancreatitis, and will die without low fat food.
So I spent literally all of one day trying to get through to them, but the phone was constantly engaged until about 5.15, when I FINALLY got onto a queue of 12 callers. I waited in that queue for well over an hour and a quarter, at god knows what cost in phone charges - until my partner went on the internet and said they'd been closed since six!!!
It might be nice if people were not left waiting in a in the queue when the call centre closes! I waited as caller number one for 15 minutes!
I emailed again, and instead of answering my question about my order, they lied and said nobody had been left in the call queue!!
3 weeks after I ordered, I got an email saying the delivery was due today - at exactly the same time as I had to pick up a click and collect order 10 miles away. I changed the date, got confirmation of the change - and the order still turned up on the original day, and was left on the doorstep. I know that part was DHL's fault, but clearly incompetence is catching...
Wish I'd read the other reviews before I ordered!
Ordered Royal Canin cat food on the 17th March still not received (now 26th March) No response to emails and they have obviously taken the phone of the hook as it engaged 24/7. Quick enough to take payment though........avoid.
Poor customer service. Poor delivery.
I have ordered from Animed a few times now. Had a couple of problems with delivery. Found their customer services people really quite rude and unhelpful . I will definitely not be using them again and will now give my money to another company . Considering I have spent a lot of money with them.
I have used Animed since my dog was diagnosed with Diabetes last April, spending in the region of £1400. I have had persistent issues with packaging and delivery. On one occasion, my dogs meds and food was left at someone else's house and I was left to go hunting for it. On another, my dogs needles for her vetpen was packaged in a box alongside 24 cans (24 x 410g) of wet dog food. Needless to say the box of needles was damaged along with many of the needles.

I did call on these occasions and was assured that it would be better packaged in future and they did send replacements. However, I now have to order everything in separate orders just in case. A few days ago, a box of needles was squished through my letter box - again damaging the contents - as no fragile sticker was on the envelope. My food which was ordered in a separate order, didn't arrive and I had to chase.

I have had to speak to this company 5 times with issues, 2 times this week alone. I spoke with a manager today who didn't even apologise until I questioned her response and basically told me that these issues would arise again and again as they would not be changing their practises. Apparently they cant get FRAGILE stickers for their warehouse and don't see anything wrong with sending insulin, needles etc alongside heavy goods.

It was my intention to verbalise my issues with the MD, Eugene Breus but after my conversation with the manager today, I have decided I can no longer trust this company to send vital medical equipment and medication for my diabetic dog, post cataract surgery, on time and in perfect condition so I will now use another retailer.

This co may be okay just for dog food but i would strongly recommend you get your meds elsewhere - terrible packaging and terrible customer services when a manager has to be prompted to apologise!! Cant be trusted.
Animed is a crooked company that will distort the facts as it suits them in order to hold on to your money.
Rude, obnoxious, arrogant, uncaring PIRATES.....stay away..if I could I would give them minus stars....this company should not be allowed to steal from customers or be in business at all.
Really not impressed by Animed, sent my prescription's by email which they received and then I sent by post as a back up. They emailed me to say that the emailed prescription's photos I sent were not clear which is fair enough but knew I had posted them as a backup. Animed said they have never received them after me complainin, I asked for a complaints procedure and still waiting. I have had to purchase another 2 prescription's from my vet now to ensure I receive the medication I had paid for. Dreadful custimer service who does not want to resolve complaints and it is the pets that suffer. You have been warned!
I order constantly from online retailers. Animed are the slowest. Their website frequently hangs and freezes. It is almost impossible to get through on the phone. Give this company a miss unless you like wasting time!
"Avoid this company. Order at the 12th march and did not hear from them after 7days I tried to contact them sent 10 email and even rang the 20 times Unable to get through, after to 2hours of trying I was number 6 on phone line after 29 minutes I was place 5 . I gave up in the end . ( the company would of be closed by the time it got around to me . I checked my bank account and £55 was taken on the 12 th March . so I opened a paypal case to get my money back ( as buy know I’ve ran out of dog food . Got E mailed was told it was out of stock on one of my items no one bothered to inform me! Took my money though, had to order urgent delivery from the amazon web and have now been informed I delayed is due to me because I’ve opened a case on paypal . I’ve know sent 7 message though paypal and 3 emails asking for a refund , Still waiting refund, would never trust them, could have ordered elsewhere earlier and happy to pay a bit more money for the items and deal with a Decent company . If they had had the decency to inform me or even respond to my emails .i sure this matter would of been sorted out . Won’t allow me to rate zero stars!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID Untrustworthy
Disgusting service, urgently needed urinary diet as prescribed by vet. My little dog would nt eat the cans from vets, so ordered the sachets to try, had few off vet and he tolerated them. Ordered Express delivery , last Saturday and did nt hear for four days. Unable to get through, 40 pound taken from bank so thought it was well on the way to being delivered. E mailed was told it was out of stock, no one bothered to inform me! Took my money though, had to order urgent delivery from the vets. Still waiting refund, would never trust them, could have ordered elsewhere earlier , if they had had the decency to inform me. Won’t allow me to rate zero stars!!!!
Exactly the Sam problem as the last reviewer. - “I have had a continuous monthly order for aktivait for the last 6 months. My March order did not arrive and when I sent animed an email stating the details I was told that it was a “technical problem”. I was told to re-order and then let them know the order number so they could send it!” My dog is on life saving medication and I only knew there was a problem when the scheduled medication failed to turn up - even though a week before I had been sent an email saying it was on its way. Their phone was continuously engaged so I couldn’t even discuss the problem.
I have had a continuous monthly order for aktivait for the last 6 months. My March order did not arrive and when I sent animed an email stating the details I was told that it was a “technical problem”. I was told to re-order and then let them know the order number so they could send it! What atrocious customer service - it was their problem which they could have rectified much better than this. There are many more providers with much better customer service so definitely look elsewhere for pet requirements
Awful company, never manage to get through on the phone! My order hasn’t turned up after 5 Days and no answer or reply’s! £65 worth of Stuff and can’t get it.
I placed my order and paid for it and was reassured that it would be kept for me until the prescription arrived with the company. Then I was told that it was out of stock and that my prescription should state the brand name of the product rather than the generic medicine that the prescription was for. The emails and phone calls that I have received by way of an apology imply that I am in the wrong rather than Animed Direct’s employees who have misinformed me and wasted my time. A very poor service, avoid this company. I am now waiting for my refund and the return of my prescription.
Animed Direct is rated 2.15 based on 107 reviews