Barclays Reviews

of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Barclays 1 star review on 20th May 2020
Jawed
Barclays 1 star review on 30th November 2019
Barclays 1 star review on 30th November 2019
Barclays 1 star review on 15th May 2017
J suckling
More Photos & Videos
My name is Mihail Georgiev.
So actually I was new customers in Barclays , because I made a switch from Lloyds bank to Barclays bank.
So what happened ,and what is my current situation at the moment.
In the first few days I was available to use my new Barclays account , I was available to use my online banking and my app and to do purchase.
But after while , I mean after few days I couldn’t use anymore my bank account and my app , and my online banking. So I straight away gave a call to Barclays to ask them what happened with my account why Is not available.
What they told me “ Your account is under review and you will be not available to use your account 10 working days” I said okay not a problem at all.
But what happened on 05/06/2020 I was call again to Barclays to see what happened everything it’s okay with my account. Because I was very worry about this situation , I was in stressful , because I knew I have bills to pay and I have direct debits to pay , and my rent of course.
But what they told me , “ You are account has been closed unfortunately “
But actually absolutely nobody from the Barclays Bank let me know about this , my account has been closed , nobody call me , nobody send me a letter nobody text me !
I’m really not very happy from this situation , I’m in very big stressful.
Because I have direct debits , bills, salary and rent into that account
So on 04/06/2020 I’ve got my salary into that account as well , which is £960 from company Primrose Health Care Service , because I’m key worker every day (I’m Health Care Assistant )
Also on 04/06/2020 I’ve got a direct debit around £131 from my account from Creation PC world.
So at the moment I need to have around £800 and something in my account and nobody want to give me that money back.
Nobody from Barclays , and from the brach they want to help me , absolutely nobody.
Because I’m Self Employed I have proof for my invoice ( invoices which I do by my own , and then I need give them to my manager , so she can pay my salary ) for my salary and I have previous bank statements from Llloyds Bank which you can see there my salary is £960 every 14 days, for my salary.
So please I just want my outstanding money to be transferred into my partner bank account if you want I can give you bank details, or I want to be available to go into branch and they can give my own money in cash, please.
Because I can’t pay my bills , I can’t buy food also I can’t pay my rent £975 which I actually I needed to pay my rent on 05/06/2020 ... But I can’t pay my bills because Barclays don’t want to give me MY money and also they closed my account without nobody let me know ....
Please help me!
There is a my proof for my salary which I usually get every 14 days.
And at the moment my salary , my own money is still into that closed account and nobody want to give me my OWN money.
I as well was into branch Barclays nobody want to support me...
I already miss to pay my rent and bills.
Please I want my money back.
Shocking service had a business account since 2013 , no excuse for not responding, will look for a bank to move our account that provides service.
Multiple times I rang and around 3 hours at a time. Eventually spoke to a lady who was so rude and arrogant. I gave example of other banks then she says we are not them but my question is if they answer within 30 minutes then why cant you at least in an hour?

When I complained about this she disgraced me by suggesting I am after compensation. What?
Been on the phone for 4 hours on Saturday, no answer. I called literally on the dot of 8, opening time and still no one there to pick up. Been here for 40 mins. I could be here till closing time and no one will answer. Even if someone does answer, the chances of them having the mental capacity to do anything, even something very simple , are remote. I was calling to get assistance but will be canceling my account. They charge the earth, pay no interest and won't even spend any of their enormous, utterly enormous profits on the customers that make them this money.
On the phone on hold for three hours and forty minutes appalling!still no one has assisted me !!!
I bought a safety face mask due to COVID-19 on EBay and and pay $120.55 by using Barclays Credit Card on March 03. Right the same day when I received them I notice that they was not exactly the same item that I bought so decided to contact Ebay and make a request for return. Return were approved by the seller and printed return label provided by EBay and send it back to seller. Tracking number is showing delivery date on March 13. Seller refund me $12.05 instead $120.55. I call and follow a dispute on EBay, Barclays and until now they don’t even care about my money I paid. I am without the item and without my money. I follow complaint on BBB with all documentation to support my point. We will see what happen. In the mean time, I am looking for another CC company who can treat peoples fairly and not just look the dollar symbol.
Been waiting for 2 hours today and yesterday on hold, and at exactly 2hr mark my call got disconnected. I got locked out of my online banking because when I put in the pinsentry the online banking said it didn't recognize the 8 digits. Raising it to barclays through live chat in the barclays app and was told the issue was fixed. It was not. Good job guys!
Absolutely useless call times 30 mins plus still no answer

Corona meltdown

Will be quick enough to reinstate charges
Total disgrace over three weeks to get call back still waiting on phone over three hours to get through still trying 3 weeks later the chat service you must be either taking to someone on the moon or a monkey that is in a call centre in a jungle were the zoo keeper chucks nuts and one of the monkeys misses and hits the keyboard you get the same message to everything been with Barclays over 25 years I'll Be Closing My Accounts
Absolute joke. Try employing people with enough brain power to answer a phone. Absolute shambles of a company. Been waiting over an hour over 3 different calls and it seems their staff are so inept they can't work out how to use their phones. Morons.
Waiting 3 hours still waiting to speak to someone, it’s a joke Barclay thinking to go to different bank lol💴
Been with Barclays for 25 years. In total I've been waiting almost 10 hours to speak to someone as I've been locked out of online banking. Earlier today I managed to get through after 1hr 45mins but got cut off. Iwas told earlier last week by a customer service rep that my online account was unblocked and that I had to wait 24hrs....well 4 days later I'm still locked out. Barclays have been appalling and it's a disgrace the way they treat their customers. I'm looking to switch!!!!!
All of my other Visa card companies mbna Halifax first direct have been really helpful to be honest, but Barclay card don't even answer the phone 3hours 45 mins waiting I hung up, its like they've shut up shop and are just ignoring customers during covid! do not forget how this company have acted during covid.
Awful customer service. All the other banks are paying covid loans quickly and efficiently. Barclays appear to be deliberately obstructing and delaying. This will never be forgotten. The bank that kicked its customers in the teeth when they should have been there to help. Barclays are history.
Over one hour on the phone, no answer and not excuses because coronavirus, it's possible to work from home. USELESS!!!
My very elderly mother has always used Barclays phone banking. She has been trying to get through to them to do various things for over three weeks now. Today she was on hold for an hour and a quarter before giving up. I could understand it at the beginning of the COVID crisis but they should have sorted something out by now. I tried to set up online banking for her but that didn't work either. She can't access her own money. Terrible terrible company.
Worst customer service ever. The online banking team needs a lot of training and needs good manners to deal with customers.
They can no do anything Right
Been with barclays bank for 48 years but enough is enough, went to put some cash in at my local branch only to find the opening hours were 10.00 till 12.00 and Que was 12 long and only one teller position now in the bank, no good for someone who does not trust online banking, don't get me started about phoning them. Waste of space I'm off to a bank that has humans.
My husband lost his card. On the phone for more than 3 hours. Still no one answer the phone. So disappointed
Barclays is rated 1.44 based on 296 reviews