Barclays Reviews

of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy
Barclays 1 star review on 28th November 2022
Robert Turner
Barclays 1 star review on 21st September 2020
Alks
Barclays 1 star review on 1st July 2020
Useless as they closed ALL of the local branches! And the app is not of any use! Temperamental and bothersome!
Thank you for the instantaneous action to resolve my account issues.
Excellent service and ease of use. I strongly recommend.
45 minute wait on phone to get through to someone to transfer some money, will now move bank account. Just not acceptable.
BEWARE - and AVOID! Barclays Bank plc, are ruthless liars, fraudsters and thieves. Regardless of what these thieving criminals falsely claim in their adverts, they hold absolutely no regards, whatsoever, for their customers. Incontrovertible evidence verifying the above; Case ref: F9PP0510 (Barclays bank plc vs Clarke)
Unbelievably bad. I opened my account and had been happily using it for a few months when suddenly I received an email from a company to say my direct debit had been cancelled. I couldn't log into the banking app to find out what was happening. Well it turns out, with no warning or explanation my account was closed and it is up to me to go into a branch to get my money back and organise all my direct debits etc. I have never been treated like this by any bank, safe to say I will never use them again and not recommend them!
BARCLAYS BANK PLC; Ruthless Liars, Fraudsters and Thieves. Incontrovertible evidence verifying the above; Referenced case: F9PP0510 (Barclays bank plc vs Clarke) Regards, Terence Clarke
I'm so relieved I've left this terrible bank. The payment button on the app became greyed out before Xmas which really let me down to pay my mortgage. I was told it was a technical problem their end and would soon be rectified. To cut a long story short despite spending about 12 hours on the phone at various times and in the branch the problem still isn't sorted out. Everyone is puzzled. Also telephone banking not working on that account. They said I didn't have a card-i did! Then they said my profile didn't match the card and so it went on. My branch is closing this week. Very hot and stuffy and crowded in there with long queues each time! Who needs the hassle! The customer service ladies were very helpful but even one of them saud they would leave if it was them!
Wanted to withdraw £1200 on 13th Feb but was told that the person behind the counter wouldn't do it as I had to use one of the internal cash machines. It gave me £700 in £50 notes. The person I wanted to pay refused them and wanted £20 notes, so today on 14th I went back into the bank and, after a 20 minute wait in the queue, tried to get the same man behind the counter to change them. Again I was told to use the machine as he couldn't (wouldn't) do it. Tried to get £700 in £20 notes and the machines (all 3 of them) couldn't do it so one of the other muppets then directed me back to the muppet behind the counter who THEN agreed to do it. All I had to do was wait at the back of a bloody long queue to be served again. I have been a customer at Barclays for 45 years and before they closed down my local branch I could walk in and be greeted by staff who knew me. Now I'm just another faceless entity who is treated like anyone else and can't even get served by anyone behind the counter. And now I learn that THIS branch is closing in April due to lack of customer use!!!! Is it any wonder when the service is so bloody bad.
My credit card had been used fraudulently, I tried to phone them and speak to a person to cancel my card but almost impossible too speak with a person. On the phone for forty minutes waiting to speak with a human.
This has got to be the most disgraceful and diabolical bank I have ever come across. Thank god I don't and will never bank with Barclays. My reason for this is that during during our bank appointment my 84 mother needed to use the toilet. To which she was refused. I asked why not and was told we don't allow the public to use the toilet. My reply was we are not the public we are customers. And what would you say to a pregnant lady or a disable person let a loan my 84 year old mum. When i asked to speak to the bank manager reference to my issue. I had to wait another 15 minutes and still no one came to us. Eventually we had to leave because my mum would have messed herself. Shame on Barclays Bank Uxbridge Branch
I was helped by a Liverpudlian at Barclays called Gary. I had a fraud problem and he spent a great deal of time sorting out my hotmail account. It was never too much trouble, an exceptional employee. Jenny Butcher
Okay-ish until you must close your account. Worst service ever; would rate 0 stars if possible. Me and my husband had to close our accounts due to relocation abroad. After closing the account you cannot access your closing statement online despite staff telling you otherwise. The closing statement supposedly sent by mail never arrived for either of us. If you contact them asking to resend your closing statement because a copy is required for the tax return, they tell you they cannot access your account or verify your identity since the account is closed and yes, that is your problem, not theirs. It is also not true, staff with the appropriate rights can; however, getting connected to them is nearly impossible. After hours on the phone they finally agreed to resend the closing statements but cannot send it by registered mail so we will not be able to track it and chances are it may not arrive yet again.
Lack of knowledge of employees I went to Barclays branch in Uxbridge and wanted to find out what the costs of an international transfer are and I found out from an employee of this bank that my country, Poland, is not in Europe and is not in the European Union, the lady actually argued with me. I thought that the employees had some basic knowledge about international banking. Just a joke.
I wish I had read reviews before becoming a Barclays customer. They are so incredibly deceptive, the lure you in by promising account benefits which you won’t get once you actually moved everything over to them (when there is no way back)
Barclay's have no care. I am abroad and the bank issued me a new card without notifying me. Due to an internal Bank fault I am unable to receive messages from Barclay's but do from every other source. So. No card and abroad. No help from Barclays as yet but perhaps an offer to transfer £250. Will not get me Calais as I will be unable to pay tolls without a card. Not only, but would not pay the Ferry fee on top of food and petrol. What a sick joke. I am 78 years and they expect me to hitch hike. I would still have to return to collect my car and luggage. Thanks to the CEO who has not answered a single message for help. May you rot in hell. Thank you customer service who are as useful as a lame duck (poor duck I wish you well). But Barclay's, oh God, how awful. A very sick joke Barclay's Bank, and you wonder why you are no longer in my top 100
I took a taxi ride in Paris and was charged 14.30 Euros per meter. When I looked at my bill, I was charged 24.51. I disputed this charge with Barclays, informing them that I have no documentation other than my word. Barclays initially told me that was ok; second call (I had to wait for the charge to Post), Barclays refused to take the dispute and told me I had to fill it out online (which I did). I informed them I had no documentation and no way to reach the cab driver. Barclays refused the dispute and sent me a chain letter. I have dealt with numerous credit cards over the years and have always found both Citibank and Amex to err on the side of the customer. After many years with Barclay and a lot of money spent, I do not feel that Barclays values me as a customer, and I find it very hard to do business with a company that doesn't have my back. Barclays then asked me to send them a letter with the details (already did that when I submitted the dispute). Thanks for nothing Barclays
For over four years I have been transferring monies to Wise with no problems! I now can not action a transfer with a code saying I am over my daily limit! Bearing in mind I have not made a transfer since November 2023 I have waisted over a day and numerous phone calls various people with no one able to resolve the problem! A complete shambles and many people have no Clue what to do and plucking at straws! Can I contact someone without going on help in the app… NO NO NO
its total scammed
This is the worst bank in UK 🇬🇧 I was their customer for more than 5 years.. Suddenly from no where I started to have a problems with my bank account..online banking and when i had problems no one was available to help me..
Barclays is rated 1.4 based on 703 reviews