BECK EVANS Reviews

02083020860

sales@beckevans.co.uk

beck evans Cray RoadSidcup

Tell us how BECK EVANS made you happy
I have bought a luton Van from a guy called karl but we told him that one of the spare key was not for the Van we bought and requested a original one. But its been now 3-4 weeks still hasnt sorted out the problem and on top of that dont pick
Up my calls.. very disappointed,
HI Ozzy, sorry to hear this. I will contact when i'm in the office to discuss further. Thanks, Neil
The sales process was completely smooth and Andrew and the team were lovely when it came to us picking a car and processing the payment on the day. We were given a lot of information about car warranty and insurance and it felt like the team were all really going out of their way to make sure we had everything we need for once the car left the dealer

Unfortunately the after sales care process is one that is basically non-existent. We had issues with the car that Beck Evans dealt completely unfairly with, and it clearly showed all they care about is getting a sale through. There was no regard to continuing the great service once the car has left the dealer. We were informed by our car manufacturer that the engine had been tampered with and left the car in a condition that was unsafe to drive. Due to this, we immediately got the car fixed with the manufacturer. Having explained this to Beck Evans, we requested some contribution to the hefty price we paid to get the car fixed as it was clearly a mistake made on their part. We made another trip to Beck Evans for them to inspect the car, our point of contact decided not to even show up on the day so we were left with one of the mechanics, and in the end after all our efforts and expenses, Beck Evans decided they would not compensate for any costs. I would not return back to Beck Evans in the future due to this experience, and would advise everyone to think before they decide to spend on an expensive car with this dealer.
Bought a Range Rover L405 from Beck Evans in August 2019 told it had 6 months warranty.

Had a problem suspension / steering spoke to
Andrew ( salesman ) bring it back and we will resolve the problem For you after a number of calls / emails to Beck Evans he handed me over to

Neil ( sales manager )
Once again bring it back we will resolve the problem after a visit to Beck Evans he handed me over to

Bill ( workshop manager )
He tried to Resolve the problem sadly the problem not Resolved

After taking a visit to Beck Evans to tried to talk to.....
Andrew Neil Bill

I was told We are not allowed to talk to you please contact Mr Derek Rayner Company Secretary this man hides behind Emails and does not Resolve the problem

PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED YET.

1 month to go on the Warranty EXPIRES 20 Feb 2020
Be aware people before putting any deposit money. Most likely if you dont like the van, they refuse to pay it back. Right now, I'm taling them to court for refusing to give my deposit back.
It's disappointing that you should put this information in the form of a review when it's not factually correct. You viewed and ordered the vehicle, we prepared it for you and you failed to arrive to collect it. At that point you informed us that you'd purchased another van elsewhere. Our policy on deposits is very clear, if you've seen the vehicle and you order it with a deposit then that is a contract to purchase. We undertake specific works to prepare the vehicle for sale which carries a cost, as does re advertising. If you'd like to discuss further then feel free to contact me. Regards, Neil Relph
Poor service upon 6 weeks return
As with the below review I have responded to your email with our position, offering to investigate and help if the investigation deems appropriate. You have not responded to me. Regards, Neil
Was great purchase until this month I had a slight issue and the Service was a disgrace. Already sent in a complaint. Spent £15,000 upfront maybe that’s why they don’t give a toss, as they already got the cash in the bank
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!.

I bought a Mercedes for £34,000, in July 2019 booked it into Mercedes main dealer the next day for a health check, Mercedes told me that the car has had a front end collision and the warranty is void!.

I contacted Beck Evans, the sales manager Neil Relph said he does not deal with issues like this, the company secretary Derek Rayner is the only individual that can resolve issues!.

Derek Rayner only communicates via email, he will not talk on the phone or have a face to face meeting!.

Derek Rayner thinks he is lawyer and even after Mercedes have told him the car has had a front end collision and the warranty does not cover the fault, Derek is adamant that he is right and Mercedes are wrong!.

I am now having to go legal to get my money back!.

DO NOT BUY CARS FROM BECK EVANS, I have been done out of £34,000 Derek Rayner is a very hard individual to deal with he tells lies and does not reply, very very frustrating!!.
Check the company’s information on companies house, very very concerning!.

Not Beck Evans BENT EVANS!!
Despite the fact that you are a professional motor trader, Beck Evans 2000 Limited has attempted to assist you by offering to meet the cost of re-gassing the vehicle’s aircon system.
As a reviewer you continue to misrepresent the status of the manufacturer’s warranty, a warranty that remains in place as clearly confirmed by the official Mercedes-Benz dealership who you have engaged with.
Furthermore you now attempt to unjustly damage this company reputation by appearing to be a consumer rather than being part of Dapper Trading Limited that as a professional motor trading company was given every opportunity to assess the vehicle before making its purchase decision.
THE WORST CAR DEALER IN THE UK!!
AVOID BUYING FROM THESE CROOKS.
They sell accident repaired cars and don’t tell you!.
Derek Rayner is the company secretary who only communicates via email and will not resolve the issue, he is looking for a way to get out of it, and thinks he is lawyer!.

Read the reviews on trust pilot!
I called about a Range Rover advertised for £54999. i was very interested in either buying outright or using my Range Rover as a part exchange. The salesperson was not engaging in the slightest and when I asked for a guide on a part exchange he used We Buy Any car as the valuation! This came as an insult as I presumed beck Evans were a retail outlet! I asked if there was any money off the car if no part exchange and the salesman just said no. sales are about negotiation and if I was dealt with correctly I probably would have bought the car over the phone. very , very disappointed. Would not recommend , sorry.
Good morning, I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations in terms of the information that we gave you. As you can imagine, we get a lot of requests to price cars over the telephone. This isn't a practice that we like to undertake as we need to see and touch cars to give an exact valuation. Your PX is a Range Rover which are especially important to see. We would welcome your visit and once we've seen your vehicle we will do or best to give you as much as possible. If you would like to make an appointment then I will be happy to look after you personally, my number is 02083020860. Kind regards, Neil Relph ( Sales Manager)
Don’t go there you can’t park the people are rude find a deference dealership
I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't park. As you found, space is at a premium and we do sometimes struggle to park. Normally there are spaces on the road opposite us. We're sorry that you didn't manage to find one. I have taken your feedback onboard and in future our drivers will be offering to park customers cars for them. I have since spoken to you and offered to bring the car to you which you've declined. Good luck in finding an alternative car. Sorry that we couldn't help. Kind regards, Neil
Turned up to look at vehicle as arranged. Nobody knew about our appointment. Waited an hour for them to bring the car which was filthy. Spec on website was inaccurate and it had damaged trim. Also left it with us to get back to them and didn’t take any contact details from us. How are they supposed to follow up? Very disappointed.
Dear Mr Bartlett,

We’re sorry about your experience today. We clearly have some training issues, which were compounded by unforeseen staff shortages. Unfortunately the message was not passed to the sales department about your appointment, therefore we were on the back foot having not got the car on site. We like to prepare for our customers by checking cars over before you arrive. Our cars are stored in secure units and require cleaning before appointments, which we always endeavor to do. There is no doubt that we’ve let you down today for which we apologise. As for the Sales Specialist not taking your details to follow up, again we have some training to do. I will make sure that your feedback is dealt with constructively to improve future customer experiences. If you’d like to view the car again then please contact me directly.

Kind regards

Sam Evans
Well I guess my last review was removed! Let's try again.. Beck Evans sold me an Audi A4 that after 500miles needed..

1. A new clutch.
2. Cambelt was overdue.
3. large accident damage to the drivers sill under car.
4. Miss shaped Tyre.

None of which is being rectified. Not impressed as this company boasts selling prestige cars. Prestige cars by make only I'm afraid. I would strongly advise independent inspections done prior to buying and not rely on trust like I did. Lesson learnt I guess.
What Mr. Butler does not report is that he is not only an Audi trained technician working for the official Audi main dealer in Tunbridge Well, he is additionally further qualified as a "Master Technician". Before making his decision to buy the vehicle he well-knew from the vehicle’s service booklet that the vehicle’s cambelt had not been replaced and was not due for replacement until a further 13,000 miles or January 2018. The vehicle was MOT tested just before Mr. Butler took delivery. Furthermore Mr. Butler thoroughly examined and test-drove the vehicle before making his purchase decision and knew that the clutches biting-point was high but not slipping. When after 500 miles Mr. Butler complained that the clutch was slipping that according to him meant he was forced to abandon the vehicle at his place of work, Beck Evans offered twice to collect the vehicle for assessment. Twice Mr. Butler has refused this reasonable request demanding instead that Beck Evans should pay him £300.

-Beck Evans Sales Team
Not really satisfied.

1. Traded in my car on mid month and did not settle my car until end of the month which left me overdraft. Called them and find out what happened, they said they paid it off my car and will call me back. Never call me back and I end up call up by myself to resolve the situation.

2. On the day arrived to collect my car, car wasn't ready at the time I agreeded and kept me waiting for nearly 2 hours. If you can't get it done by the time we agreed, then just don't over promise and under deliver.

3. They changed 2 new tyres which was great. However they didn't do the wheel alignment and wheel balance after they changed which left the steering not straight up. I have to took it to Mercedes to get it fix and of course it cost me money. Also they didn't do a full inspection or health check when they prepare my car. After 2 days I took the car, the break started come up noises when I pressed the peddle and now is even bigger noises. If they checked it they should of noticed break pad due to be changed. Or they might noticed it but just can't be bother to spend money on it as they knew that break pad was not covered by the warranty they offered me.

Overall it was an unsatisfied experience especially after sales service.
Dear Kevin

We are sorry to hear that you have problems with your vehicle. We take customer concerns very seriously and aim to offer the best service possible.

We settled the Finance on time, however as the customer, you are responsible for cancelling your direct debit with the finance company which is unfortunately not something we could have done for you.

We do apologise for the delay you experienced on collecting the vehicle. The car was ready when you turned up to collect it, however as you came on a Saturday afternoon (which is our busiest time), Matthew your sales rep was attending to a customer at the time and so we can only apologise that you were not seen to straight away.

If customers experience issues after purchase, we are keen to hear about it so that we can help resolve the problems. Please therefore return the car when convenient and we will attend to the items you have listed.

I can be contacted on 020 8302 0860 or sales@beckevans.co.uk

Kind Regards
S Evans
Director
This is a photo of our Mercedes A Class on a vehicle transporter the day after purchasing it from Beck Evans. I am not a car expert, but I discovered having collected the car from Beck Evans, I had driven it home on the M25 in limp mode with restricted power to the engine. Having contacted Beck Evans, it was suggested I drive it back, but on contacting Mercedes they advised against driving the car, as it was not safe to do so, until the problem was diagnosed – the car then spent the following four days undergoing repair with Mercedes.
Beck Evans should have offered to collect the car at their expense, Beck Evans said they did not know what their legal obligations were, to myself, as a purchaser. Beck Evans have not contacted me to find out if the car has been repaired and have not responded to my emails. Sales were good, but any problems afterwards, they do not want to know and we were left with a car not fit for purpose for four days, further, we have been left to deal with all the inconvenience for ourselves - therefore I would not recommend unfortunately.
Very professional and helpful would recommend ????????????????
Beck Evans purchased 6 months tax for my car however turns out Feb - June is six months. Then the director Sam was extremely rude and unhelpful. Be careful when purchasing tax via them. After sales care is unheard of.
Dear Claire

I'm Sorry you feel this way, But as i said to you this morning on the phone I was willing investigate your issue and come back to you in due course, however after your a Offensive language I don't see any reason to do so!

In Response to the Tax issue we at Beck Evans Tax Vehicle`s online before Collection of you new car to make the process seamless before collection, The Tax Side is out of our Hands as its a Government website which sets the dates for Taxing a Car Online we cant not change these as they are set in stone by the Government .

We do appreciate your Business, On this occasion we feel can not help.

Kind Regards

Samuel Evans
Director
Bought a car from beck and Evans in June they've given me confirmation that the car are taxed 2 months later we received a letter to say I will get a fine car not taxed paid becks and Evans to do this. Was done after us Chasing it. Had a bumber paint problem at the back they said it was all taken of and re-painted after first wash all came of. Will not buy from them again nor recommend them to anyone. They got very defensive when we chased them. A week was given to sort problems out absolutely appalling.
I have spent over £32000 for my RANGE ROVER.
They sold me a car which was after the accident.It turned out later that the car was painted.
I was assured by the seller that everything is fine with this vehicle.
Please be very careful !!!
I purchased an Audi from Beck Evans.

Within 24 hours of the purchase, the car was running at 50% power and the brakes were squeaking. I returned the car and found that the brakes needed replacing and that the timing was out. They worked on the car for a few days and returned it to me.

Within a week of having the car back i began to hear a squeaking/knocking noise. I was unsure what this noise was until a member of the public informed me that my wheel wasn't straight. I pulled over and realised that 4 out of 5 wheel bolts on the front wheel were not there. There was one remaining which was loose. The remaining bolt was not the locking wheel nut (which eliminates the possibility of a theft attempt).

Had I not stopped when I did the wheel would have come off of the car putting me and other road users in severe danger. The technician working on my car clearly hadn't tightened the wheel bolts correctly.

I added wheel bolts but the car is still has a knocking and isn't running smoothly. The loose wheel has potentially damaged the vehicle.

Further problems include:

1) Lacquer peaking from rear bumper from recent repair (by Beck Evans?)
2) The electric windows don't work intermittently
3) Air con system smells and requires disinfecting

I called Beck Evans yesterday morning and was promised a call back from an owner the same day. I chased the call in the afternoon and was told that the owner was out buying cars but would call me back soon. The call still hasn't happened

I bought from a dealer for added convenience. I didn't expect this service from a large prestige dealer. Not only have I had several mechanical problems, negligence has resulted in a situation that could have resulted in serious injury.
Dear Mr.Legg,

You have posted a review concerning the vehicle you purchased from Beck Evans and in particular you have suggested that you have made several unsuccessful attempts to get us to provide a remedy to your complaint.

This suggestion that we have ignored you is not true, as Sam Evans has left several messages on your mobile phone requesting that you contact our sales department.

We take all complaints very seriously and deal with all complaints appropriately.

Therefore please make contact with Sam Evans on 0208 302 0860 At your convenience.

Beck Evans 2000 Limited
We were disappointed with the customer service we received today; we went to the Sidcup showroom yesterday and made a 1pm appointment for today to view the car we was intersted in buying. We received a call as we were on our way saying they had difficulty getting a part exchange price for our car (bexleyAudi had given us a £3000 offer previously ) We then waited for the car, the salesman walked past us without saying a word; a friendly guy who works for them when they are busy got the keys and we looked over the car this guy then told us as they could not do a part exchange we could not test drive the car.I asked if I could make an offer as they would not accept my car in part exchange . I was told no. We left feeling disappointed with the way we was treated.
Good afternoon Trevor

I would like to thank you for your feedback and contacting Beck Evans, I would like to take the opportunity to say Sorry to hear you had a bad Experience when you visited Beck Evans.

Your part exchange in particular vehicle was an imported Vehicle and didn’t fit into the demographics of vehicles that as a company we would offer for resell, therefore based on these facts we did not offer the financial figure you was looking to achieve for your car.
I believe you did make an offer but the cost to change price was not a realistic figure for Beck Evans to make a profit.

I sorry But on this ocansscasion we were unable to help, but please think of us in the future.

Kind regards