BECK EVANS Reviews

02083020860

sales@beckevans.co.uk

beck evans Cray RoadSidcup

Tell us how BECK EVANS made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
BECK EVANS 5 star review on 14th May 2020
Julius oladeji
BECK EVANS 5 star review on 14th March 2020
Luis Dos Santos
More Photos & Videos
4th car bought from here now and we wouldn't go anywhere else. Always so helpful and there is never any pressure from anyone. 10/10 yet again.
Hi Emma

Thank you for taking the taking the time to leave us your positive review,.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you and Arthur for your next car soon.

Sam
Did not get any satisfaction with the exhaust issue
Good morning, I'm sorry that you feel that you didn't get any satisfaction with the exhaust issue. As discussed, the car was fully checked in our workshop and the corrosion was purely surface rust. We have guaranteed the exhaust for you to provide assurance so I'm no sure that can do any more? The car is 9 years old and in very good shape for age and mileage. Please let me know if you'd like any further assistance. Kind regards, Neil @Beck Evans.
I put3 star because I couldn’t do exchange part and reason the dealer should be check mileage before value the car.
Good, smooth transaction for a 2yr old VW Touareg, and a really good price.
The car needed its first service which Beck Evans did in their own facility and stamped the service book etc. As part of the service the car was given 2 new tyres and new brake pads all round. So then at 5k miles later during the car's first MOT I find the brake pads are on their limit (90% worn at the front, 80% worn at rear). I can only conclude they were never changed as break pads should be good for 2yrs/20k not 6 months and 5k miles. Its bordering on dangerous and has left a bitter taste. Other than that, I would happily recommend. My advice is to triple check any work claimed has been done properly.
Hi Marcus,

I’m really sorry to read that you have had a problem with your car. To clarify our preparation for your car, we did perform a service, replaced 2 tyres and replaced brake pads on the front and rear. I’m very surprised to hear that the brakes showed signs of extensive wear after only 5000 miles. It’s a shame that we didn’t have to opportunity to investigate before you went ahead and replaced them. In future please make us your first contact should you have any issues and we’re more than happy to look into potentially problems and we always react in a fair and reasonable manner. Please feel free to send over the report to me and I’ll investigate the issue.

I’m glad to hear that you’d recommend us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Sam Evans
Good experience.
I will be happy when the faults are rectified. Second key is not the correct one and damaged seatbelt buckle that was obvious at sale date
Hi Vern.

Sorry to Hear you have had problem with your new car, the Seat Belt Buckle has been Ordered, Once you have taken the car to Land Rover for the Key let us Know what the Problem is so we reify the issue.

Beck Evans Team
I would have probably given a better overall rating but for the fact I spent over £40k on a car and they didn't even provided floor mats! Left me disappointed with them.
Hi Mathew,

Sorry to hear you are disappointed that the car you purchased didn't have matts.

However you did receive a Very Good Deal on the car When Purchased., When we Purchased the car we didn't get Matts with the car, hence Matts were not sold with the car.

in the Mean Time i Hope your Enjoying your New Land Rover?

Samuel Evans
Director
Overall I am very happy with the car I bought and Tim was always pleasant and professional but I felt that the handover was rushed and on closer inspection the quality of the interior valet was overall very poor. There was a chocolate bar wrapper left in the passenger door pocket and the inside of the front windscreen was filthy. Not what I expect when purchasing a vehicle at that value.
Hi Simon

I`m Sorry to hear we didn't live up to your expectations and the hand over was rushed I can only apologise this is not the Beck Evans way.

With regards to the car please arrange with my self a suitable time for you to bring the car in and we will give the car a full valet.

I can be contacted on sales@beckevans.co.uk or 020 8302 0860

Kind regards

Sam Evans
Director
Service a speed was good, but I have since purchse noticed problems I would addressing:
- the hand brake is completely ineffictive and I would suggest needs resetting. This should have been checked in the MOT, so I am left concerned that other items were not checked.
- there are noticeable paint work scratches on the paint work and internal trim on the column by the wind screen on the drivers side.
- the front drivers side head lamp fog up in the rain.
The purchase was straight forward with the dealer not prepared to make any concessionary adjustments to the purchase price, but the car was good value anyway.

After about a month the car developed an awful squeal which sounded like the gearbox as it was below my feet. I spoke the salesman who put me on to the workshop and the mechanic there wanted me to bring the car all the way from Horsham. My question about the possible (further) damage to the gearbox ( should it be that) driving it a long distance got no response except that he would get the salesman to ring me. the salesman never rang me so I was left to sort the problem by myself with my local garage.

The problem in the end was that an exhaust bracket had finally corroded through (not picked up on the MOT) and was giving a metal against metal sound on acceleration. Not so bad after all but my concerns are regarding after sales customer care, The thoroughness of the MOT, the mechanic's knowledge of gearboxes and possible damage of driving it a long distance, and the salesman not calling as the mechanic said he would. So the sale and aftersale became normal rather than good or very good. Shame.

Luckily on purchasing the car i checked to find the locking wheel nut not in the car and it was finally found in the workshop.....otherwise that would have been a problem later on.......

It is a nice car in excellent condition and the price was reasonable, but what followed after the sale, spoilt the whole experience.
Average service, delay in making settlement with previous finance company caused late payment fine. Rude and short on phone when trying to sort out from abroad blaming colleague and advising to call back in two weeks when the other person returned from holiday.

Original sale and preparation of finance / vehicle smooth.

Completely lied about price they would sell trade in for but, second hand car dealers, "what do you expect".

Despite gripes would use again, rating in comparison to overall service expectation rather than that of a second hand car dealer.
I'm saying NORMAL but then what do I have to gauge it against? I don't buy cars every day. I think I am being a little generous, but it weren't bad. I guess some of my marking is based on what I am presented with as the company and what I actually received as a buyer. It was an okay transaction using a finance deal to make the purchase. I did a lot of the chasing to see it through. The number plate fell off the back of the car when I closed the boot. I still have an 'unresolved issue' with an exhaust sensor which became apparent 1hr 20mins after driving off the forecourt and Beck Evans have not really shown much concern about the recovery. When told that the 24 month BMW warranty was obligatory it was also mentioned that even the exhaust was covered. It is not. The car was sold for around £10,500 and like I say I don't buy cars every day. It is now juddering when it starts so I have another issue to deal with and my confidence and happiness about buying a nice car for a lot of money from a caring dealer diminishes.
Gary Gibson
Would give then 3 stars but this survey would only let n
Me give either 1 or 5After an initial horror of the car not having the the jobs done that were promised, when I contacted them, they were very apologetic , and sorted everything out as promised, mathew was very good and I would go back to buy another vehicle in future
Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear that you had a few problems to begin with I glad Mathew sorted them out for you.

We Hope to see you in the future for your next car.

Regards

Beck Evans Team
It's a shame that I would otherwise give a "Very Good" because the sales process was pretty good. It was a bit busy and I had to wait but only because of the original sales person being sick. But I had a good test drive, loads of time to look at the car and after a hard bit of bargaining, got a good and fair trade in.

The reason I am only giving "normal" is because after I drove home and drove around a few days, I found oil dripping from the front of the car!! Thinking the worst, I opened the bonnet to find that the oil filler cap was not in place and oil sprayed all over the engine bay. In fact, the cap was jammed against the front of the boot-lid (fortunate that it was not lost). The PDI guy must have forgotten to re-fit it! Lastly, all of the tyre pressures were different. Again another basic PDI error.

Well, no major harm done apart from a messy engine bay (which will cost to clean). But annoying mistakes.

Otherwise, the car, an E350 Coupe is lovely to drive and I have a 6 month warranty to cover anything that might go wrong.
Hi Richard

Many thanks for the feedback.

I’m sorry to hear of your bad experience, and I hope we have not caused you to much trouble.

Please may I ask you to come back at your earliest convenience so we can give the car a free health check and offer you a free courtesy wash?

Please let us know when it’s suitable for you.

I’m contactable on sales@beckevans.co.uk if you require any other assistance.

Yours sincerely