BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
4.4
Based on 8,058 reviews
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
having to stay on the page for a set amount of time is very frustrating. why? i read and retain information quicker than that. should be able to disable it and move at your own pace. also, why not show the questions that you get wrong in the quiz? how are you supposed to learn if you can't see what your mistakes were?
The areas of the course that went too slowly or were 100% clear for me already could not be bypassed. This shifted focus from survival knowledge and what is critical and unique in order to operate a boat, to frustration the timer had not expired by the time the content was complete which frequently left 30 to 60s waiting, bored to death. I personally rate this as follows: “Very poor”; frustrating and too slow/boring in some sections. But it did get me prepared for 100% performance on the final test +1. and I also see a need to prevent someone skimming through content they don’t actually know +1, you dont know what is and is not ok to skip for each individual.
The course was good and it had content you would need as a boater. But the test from Transport Canada was a joke and it was worded in the worst possible way. Terrible terrible test from Transport Canada. I think people should just pass the online course test and be certified. There is no need for the Transport Canada test.
I was annoyed at having to click through the course for hours when I had already learned the material using the study guide. Needs an option to go directly to the exam. Errors in the online materials (eg, office instead of offence). Some quiz questions are ambiguous. Some small discrepancies between online and printed materials.
Does the license automatically send to the address? I completed the course 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything.
Good course but Quiz and final exam didn’t inform what questions answered incorrectly..That’s how you learn
I did not like that the videos didn’t work on mobile. I liked the pace of the person recording. I did not like the fact that I was done reading a module and could not advance. If there has to be a minimum amount of time that’s required then create a review module that will compensate for it. Otherwise site was easy to navigate. I think the video instruction would be better. Shame it didn’t work for me
The content was good but the design of the course could be improved. Some slides were duplicate of the previous slide and the timer was off so that even after the recording was finished talking, I had to wait 10-40 seconds on some pages before being able to click forward. It was also disappointing that on the quizzes following each section I was unable to see which questions I got wrong. I understand not being able to see this on the final exam, but during the learning sections it would be helpful to know what I missed so that I could learn from it.
Not a great online experience. Sometimes, the timer forces you to stay on the page far longer than the audio clip. Sometimes the audio doesn't speak the whole page. Words like "nun" sound like "none" which confused me but the course never explained this. And much of the California parts don't even have audio.
Lesson times were too long. I read really quickly.
Too broad. I have NO interest in PWC. Make it more specific. Not enough instruction regarding having to wait before going to the next lesson. I had to call your help desk to find out why the video kept repeating. The instructions to go to the next lesson are printed way too small. One must hunt to find it. Make them BIG.
The Temporary Card could not be printed. When you click the print link, a message pops up that states the link is invalid.
If you missed questions on exams there is no review of what was missed.
Please remove the slide timers and allow participants to see the answers that they got wrong during the module quizzes so that we know what to review before the final exam.
The course is ok. I feel the "timer" detracts from the course. It is a frustration factor....why am I waiting another 90 seconds when I have easily reviewed the lesson material. Other than obvious cheats, which you can't control anyway, why make the lessons agonisingly slow for the vast majority of interested boaters? Your modules have about 20 lessons per, so we are wasting 10 to 15 minutes per module; times 7 modules. Which is well over an hour for most folks taking the course. What is with the "passengers (guests)" phrasing? This is a very stupid thing. What is the practical difference? So you have some improvements to be made in your presentation.
Took 3hrs 19 minutes. Lost the will to live! The course is clear and easy however it's painful the amount of time wasted just waiting for the clock to finish on each page before you can move forward. I think I could have easily read the course and been done in less then an hr without compromise.
Some of the questions in the quizzes would repeat. One of the slides repeated as well. Also, it doesn't take me 3 minutes to read 2 paragraphs. This course could have been cut down to about half the time.
There is no link to print my temporary card after completing Transport Canada test. Poor on-line interaction/coordination.
There were some page repeats and typos.
The course material was good but I found the timer annoying. Not being able to move on and being forced to wait for the timer once I had read and understood the information became a distraction from the focus of what I was doing.
BOATsmart! is rated 4.4 based on 8,058 reviews