BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
Great course info but it would be much better if you didn’t have to wait for that stupid timer to run down before moving on. My phone battery died waiting on that thing. Other than that good content!!
I passed the course but didn’t get my original plastic license. Just paid to have a replacement sent out.
Some questions to a module answers were stated on the next module not the existing one. I forget which module but the steps didn’t coincide with the speakers and at one point it said all the way to step example would be step 11 but only 7 were posted. Otherwise informative course
Doesnt give you an option to find the right answer to questions you get wrong so that could be better.
The course did not show you any of the mistakes made. Each module has a quiz and if you got an answer incorrect you would not know what question it was. The course has significant detail in the material being presented but has grammatical and spelling errors. A lot of material covered and a lot of details in the presentation missed.
The site is well made, the course as well. The narration is clear and the animations quaint and useful. I found myself learning quite a lot about boating and buoy markers, procedures and emergency tips. My main concern is that every module requires a quizz at the end, and the questions themselves seem to be designed for failure. Too many of them focus on mundane details instead of the more interesting components (which are not lacking!) I passed, but found there was a missed opportunity in the question design. Enough that instead of a five star rating, I give it a three (and a half) stars Otherwise I think there's quite a bit of potential here.
Connection to service was intermittent and caused frustration.
Some of the questions dont have the right answers< so you cant answer them right.
Quite a lot of the material that was questioned on the test was not emphasized enough throughout the course.
Met expectations
Product is okay. Much of it is simply listening to someone read text out load while looking at the text. There is no way to move ahead if you are done, so not only is it boring, but you end up wasting a lot of time waiting for the audio to finish. Also, many of the lesson timers are out of sync with the audio, even though you have finished there is still 1,2,or 3 mins left to wait for the timer. The sections with video are better. On an iPad or computer if you fail a quiz you need to go through the entire module before trying again. However, on your phone you can not only take the quiz again immediately, you can also see the questions you got wrong. My son failed two of the quizzes so wasted a lot of time redoing modules until my wife realized the phone worked differently. Consistency would be nice. Over an okay experience.
Course is great. My husband had a small problem printing his temp certificate. I called in May and got great customer service. Had his temp cert immediately and got his card within 10 days. Unfortunately I passed on June 10th and I still haven’t received my card. I emailed July 7 and got a reply confirming my address but 14 days later still no card and no one will answer the phone or return my calls. My temp runs out in 2 weeks and I need it for a trip I’m taking in August. I don’t like giving a poor review but right now I’m not a happy camper. 😞
It’s too long.
I read at least twice as fast as the timer. I understand you want to make sure people read everything, but there must be a better way to do it. The experience was quite aggravating
The questions asked in quizzes were usually not very helpful. A lot of questions involved asking about “which organization does this” instead of focusing on practical rules and regulations. There was also a lot of repetition in the course. As an educator myself, I think it could be updated to provide a better educational experience that makes it easier to remember information. More interactive modules would be helpful too.
Good content but very long, somewhat repetitive, and time forced to sit on each page make it take far too long.
If a road license was this extensive there would be few drivers on the road. I have to believe there are a great many unlicensed drivers on the water because the material is too extensive and the exam too tough. Seems to me that there could be a number of licence levels which satisfy particular needs. Operating a small boat on my local lake vs a cruiser on the St. Lawrence River is decidedly different.
Undistinguished
Good information, however on some lessons the time you are required to stay on the lesson is too, too long. This is especially true for someone with any boating or water or health knowledge.
Quality of course was fine but I didn’t appreciate the timed slides and not being able to progress until the timer was over, I am a fast reader and this wasted quite a bit of time. Seems unnecessary given end of module quizzes and a final exam to prove knowledge was obtained.
BOATsmart! is rated 4.41 based on 7,905 reviews