BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
It was a very long session but I did learn a lot. I do have some suggestions about the graphics. Women pilot boats and PWCs too. Take a look at the number of women that have been depicted in your presentation as boat operators. It is not equitable. Secondly, the section about a Sail Plan. You have a woman in a bikini as the holder of the plan. For much of the session, she is viewed from the side/back. When you do have her face front, she has the most prominent set of breasts. Perhaps rather than wearing a bikini, she could be wearing shorts and a t-shirt the same as all the other people characterized. In this era, this could be viewed as sexist. Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback.
The timed sections were too long and I could have passed the quizzes before the time that the timer allowed. Wasted a lot of time sitting there.
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback Bruce. We understand the test can take a while for some students, but the time requirements and quizzes are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA to ensure students of all reading levels are able to fully understand all content. The timed requirements are the same across all course providers, and we find many students prefer the convenience of completing the course from the comfort of home, rather than in a classroom setting. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
It would be very useful when doing the modules to be able to go back and see what mistakes you made and what was the correct answer. As of now, you are left in the dark!
Love the audio and the animated videos! Very easy to follow! The only complaint I have is, after I paid the regular $49 fee, the BoatSmart 50% off Ad popped up on my facebook feed.
The program was good, I actually learned quite a bit but some questions on the final test were not covered. Also, when doing the modal quizzes, you aren't given the correct answers to the ones you get wrong so you dont learn anything and likely carry those wrong answers over to the final. And lastly, the time allowed for each lesson is way too long, I finished reading and then sat there for upto minutes each lesson waiting to move on. What a waste of my time.
Great modules, very clear and easy to follow
Extra time on each video... couldn’t go to next lesson right away
More time spent of the rules of driving a boat (buoys, lights, horns, right of way, docking a boat, stopping, etc) and less on putting a boat in the water and attaching a trailer hitch, none of this was applicable to most casual boaters
Everything was great, except the lesson moved too slowly. I can read much faster than the timer.
Not allowing me to speed up the lessons was frustrating
The time for reading each lesson is way too long, made me loose interest Multiple times, but overall good
Covers all the info. But for those of us that are speed readers, it would be nice to be able to move quickly through the information instead of having a mandatory timer.
Was a great course, just wish you could make it quicker
The class was knowledgeable and easy to complete. It was a little frustrating with the waiting requirement for each page as some pages made you wait longer than it took to read the material 5 times over
Super informative and easy to digest. I do wish the wait times on each module was a little shorter, and it would be more helpful if we could see what questions we missed on the quizzes to better prepare for the test.
There definitely was material covered that I learned from. However, I thought it is imperative to know which questions were answered incorrectly. Just having a percentage without knowing where you erred could prove disastrous in a real life situation.
Hi Cynthia - thanks for the feedback. Since there are a finite number of test questions and the test is open book and unsupervised - Transport Canada and NASBLA regulate that the answers not be shown. This is one of the check and balances put into place to maintain the integrity of online testing. As boaters too, we understand the feedback and are working with regulators to try and improve the process within the confines of online testing. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
I think the experience was good. It was definitely longer than I expected it to be and much longer training than when my wife wrote it. Of course it is important to be well trained for my own safety and the safety of others. My number one recommendation is that throughout the training modules especially, but the test as well that you have the opportunity to review the questions you got wrong. How can you learn otherwise? It is a little unsettling to know that I got a few questions wrong, but have no idea which ones they were. I would like the opportunity to clarify my misunderstandings so that I feel 100% confident on the water...not 80% or 96% in my case. I strongly recommend highlighting incorrect answers throughout the training, then I would feel confident recommending you to others.
Would be helpful to see the questions we get wrong on the module quizzes and the final exam. Then having the correct answers highlighted would further enhance participants boating knowledge. Other than that the program is very good. Actually enjoyed it.
Will sign up for your hunting education program soon.
Thanks.
I would recommend this course to anyone looking for an easy to follow straight forward a “no waste of time” boaters course very satisfied.
I wish they told you what you got wrong on the practice quizzes- you can’t learn from your mistakes if you don’t know what they are!
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 7,113 reviews