BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
4.4
Based on 8,057 reviews
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
Course was fine but customer service is awful! I called 4 times and emailed twice and still have not received a reply. Cannot access the government final exam so I can’t even take the exam and get my license! Awful!!
The course was good but the modules/quizzes would be better if you knew what which question you got wrong. But my real beef with the program is that you may not receive your card in the mail as promised. Trying to have this issued addressed has been a nightmare and I am not I'll ever get my card.
My son started off the did the first chapter and everything seemed great. After a couple of days went by he wanted to continue the course as he had the day off but the website is down and not working. Emailed, Facebooked and called without any success or update as to whats going on and when it maybe back up...?
It was a very long session but I did learn a lot. I do have some suggestions about the graphics. Women pilot boats and PWCs too. Take a look at the number of women that have been depicted in your presentation as boat operators. It is not equitable. Secondly, the section about a Sail Plan. You have a woman in a bikini as the holder of the plan. For much of the session, she is viewed from the side/back. When you do have her face front, she has the most prominent set of breasts. Perhaps rather than wearing a bikini, she could be wearing shorts and a t-shirt the same as all the other people characterized. In this era, this could be viewed as sexist. Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback.
Stay away. Very very bad place. Did course and would not let me do final exam. Call the number to help and all day I left my phone on hold and no answer. I emailed them and nothing. I’m thinking they took my money and that’s it. Guess my next step is to make a complaint to transport Canada. Try and get my money back. So learn from my experience and stay away. On day two going on day three that close at 5 pm nothing☹️ Haha they just hung up on me at 5pm. Going to try and call they American number now.
The coarse was easy to follow and informative. My son & I took it together & we both passed. We did have a great deal of trouble with technical support, when calling their 1-800 number, they don't return calls. Logging into the online portions was sometimes challenging and made worse by their lack of online or phone support. BTW, my son has his temp. PCOC card... it expires next week and we are still waiting for his permanent card... did I mention that The Collective will NOT answer the phone or return calls?
absolutely terrible do not use this website for your boaters test. completed it years ago and now i cannot purchase a replacement because they use their website and made it unable for me to see my previous courses. ive tried to call them, email, live chat, none of them will respond, what a waste of my time honestly. im not someone to make bad reviews but this is frustrating . don’t believe me? try and get ahold of them yourself before purchasing through their company. give them a call, you will be on hold until they close, give them a email they will not respond.
The site has been down randomly all week. Then when my son went to attempt the exam. He couldn’t enter it. Below it was showing he had attempted the exam several times in the future apparently! I will NEVER recommend Boatsmart!!! I can accept website crashes but several in such a short period and then the major issue with the exam! Absolutely terrible system!
Phone # rings once and hangs up I need a new card, Is this business still up and running
Your tool doesn't allow a person to write the exam without taking 4 hr of courses. That's crazy. My wife and I did the courses together. I wrote the test and got my card. But we had to go thru the courses again just for her to write. You have a crazy setup. I won't use it again.
Lessons were repeated multiple times in modules. Animated videos were not playing. Audio would finish and would still have 1 minute on the timer to go to next lesson. Sometimes wouldn’t have audio at all. Took over 4 hours to complete. The whole functionality of the modules and videos were scuffed. Would not recommend this to anyone and can’t believe this is a approved website for a required state certification.
Had difficulty navigating the course on my phone - it clearly isn't designed for a mobile experience. Customer service when I reached out was terrible.
The timed sections were too long and I could have passed the quizzes before the time that the timer allowed. Wasted a lot of time sitting there.
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback Bruce. We understand the test can take a while for some students, but the time requirements and quizzes are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA to ensure students of all reading levels are able to fully understand all content. The timed requirements are the same across all course providers, and we find many students prefer the convenience of completing the course from the comfort of home, rather than in a classroom setting. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
It would be very useful when doing the modules to be able to go back and see what mistakes you made and what was the correct answer. As of now, you are left in the dark!
Love the audio and the animated videos! Very easy to follow! The only complaint I have is, after I paid the regular $49 fee, the BoatSmart 50% off Ad popped up on my facebook feed.
The program was good, I actually learned quite a bit but some questions on the final test were not covered. Also, when doing the modal quizzes, you aren't given the correct answers to the ones you get wrong so you dont learn anything and likely carry those wrong answers over to the final. And lastly, the time allowed for each lesson is way too long, I finished reading and then sat there for upto minutes each lesson waiting to move on. What a waste of my time.
Easy to follow script and videos. Informative and useful.
Hi, I did the french language version of your course, and I noticed quite a few spelling mistakes and some questionable translations, both in the modules and on some of your web pages. Some modules were better than others though.. Also when I attended the exam, some concepts were not called the same in french by Transport Canada, which made it more difficult to answer the questions correctly. On the other hand, I liked the pace of the modules and the presence of videos and voice over.It helped retain the information better. It would be great to add some videos with scenarios to help us think about how we should act in specific situations. Or add some more scenario questions in the quizzes. Hoping you will improve the French version to make it just as good as the English one, Thank you, Marine :)
Great course material. Easy to follow at your own pace. Would definitely recommend this!
First: if you are already an experienced yachtsman you can't just take the test. You have to do the course. Agonizingly, the course has timers set so that you can't skip ahead the parts you already know. It takes 15 seconds to read and understand the page, but it makes you wait up to THREE MINUTES to get to the next lesson. Multiply this by 7 modules and what 22-50 lessons per module... omg torture. What an utter waste of my time.
BOATsmart! is rated 4.4 based on 8,057 reviews