BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
The course was amazing and very fun to do. Unfortunately the customer service was terrible. I finished the course and passed the exam back in June 2021 and never received my official Boating License. Upon reaching out several times to both boatsmart and the campfire collective, I got no response. I am very disappointed in how this played out and find it especially disappointing knowing what high standards I had for this company. I am now at a loss if this issue cannot be resolved.
The course is good, but the customer service is horrible when you need help or have a question. It takes way to long for someone to answer you and the only way anyone ever does get back to you is via an email. And by way to long, I mean like over one week. Sometimes I had to send a follow-up email before ever hearing from someone.
Would have been great. Major problem was that none of the videos worked. I attempted to use multiple devices including laptop, phone, as well as desktop. Therefore, I’m a bit disappointed in the experience and feel cheated . Thank you, John Targia
Tried numerous time to contact someone all summer Via the telephone # and numerous emails. My husband and I did the course and passed the test. I received the license but my husband didn't! Very disappointed
videos didn't work. customer service never got back to me regarding the issue.
It took me 5 tries to connect with your team about difficulties I had getting redirected to the Boatsmart website to complete my exam. 1 phone call 3 chats and 1 email later and 5 days of wait time. Issue was resolved and I finally completed the exam.
Course was fine but customer service is awful! I called 4 times and emailed twice and still have not received a reply. Cannot access the government final exam so I can’t even take the exam and get my license! Awful!!
The coarse was easy to follow and informative. My son & I took it together & we both passed. We did have a great deal of trouble with technical support, when calling their 1-800 number, they don't return calls. Logging into the online portions was sometimes challenging and made worse by their lack of online or phone support. BTW, my son has his temp. PCOC card... it expires next week and we are still waiting for his permanent card... did I mention that The Collective will NOT answer the phone or return calls?
The course was good but the modules/quizzes would be better if you knew what which question you got wrong. But my real beef with the program is that you may not receive your card in the mail as promised. Trying to have this issued addressed has been a nightmare and I am not I'll ever get my card.
some questions don't have a correct answers and Quite a lot of the material that was questioned on the test was not in the course. which makes it hard to pass. Then have to redo the module again before redoing the quiz
My son started off the did the first chapter and everything seemed great. After a couple of days went by he wanted to continue the course as he had the day off but the website is down and not working. Emailed, Facebooked and called without any success or update as to whats going on and when it maybe back up...?
It was difficult with the timers, made the course about 5 hours long, when I could’ve completed it in about 2 1/5. I did it in a group of 3, and one of our finale tests did not work and you guys did not help us figure it out. So one person did all the modules to not be able to Finnish the course.
The course was excessively long compared to the key points people really need to understand. The course could be reduced by 30-40% by eliminating less important information.
Completed course/exam but unable to print / download temporary card. tried to contact through email address but no response. Any one else having trouble with this
Your tool doesn't allow a person to write the exam without taking 4 hr of courses. That's crazy. My wife and I did the courses together. I wrote the test and got my card. But we had to go thru the courses again just for her to write. You have a crazy setup. I won't use it again.
Remove the time limits. They are completely off and had to sit and wait after being done reading on pretty much every module. Would not reccomend you to anyone from this.
Mind numbingly long waits to progress through each module. No way to learn from the one or two mistakes that are allowed in each module's quiz. Otherwise, I am happy to have the information thoroughly refreshed in my mind, ready to go boating.
Takes way too long done reading and have to wait on each page
I finished all the modules and went to write the exam and it wont take me to the transport Canada website to start the exam. it says I have tried the exam 7 times and I haven't tried it once. No answer on the 1-877 phone line and no answer on the chat. Very frustrating!!
The material tried to be done well. I will give an A for effort. The final product was lacking though. Lots of questions had spelling / grammatical errors. Some were even nearly detrimental to right/ wrong answers. Lots of the quiz questions were on subject matter not previously covered in said module. Which left me feeling ill prepared for the final exam.
BOATsmart! is rated 4.41 based on 7,905 reviews