BOATsmart! Reviews

2,062 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Are you a business owner? Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.

How would you rate BOATsmart!?

Jordan R
Jordan R
Verified Buyer

Structure of the class was very good. It was easy to follow along and understand all the lessons. The price of the course was fair. I would recommend this boaters safety course.
Jonathan T
Jonathan T
Verified Buyer

Let me start off with "this is a very detailed but simple and well thought out service". It is written for a grade 5-6 to easily understand it, and the multiple choice questions weren't always completely obviously so you need to understand the content. The downfall to this service is that all lessons within the modules are timed, but not timed according to the lessons content. They mostly provide an audio, video and written content for each lesson, though if you are a quick reader or already understand the content, you have to wait 40 to 60 seconds before moving onto the next lesson. And when there are 30-50 questions per module that time adds up very quickly. Don't fail a module or you will have to listen/read each lesson all over again ... timed ... no skip button. I understand needing the timer but at least make sure it is sync'd to the questions. The final exam gives you 1hr and 30min to complete ... though if you understand the content you can fly through it in 20min. In total the modules took me 6hrs ... but it was a good experience. Yeh! I have my license! :)
Chunli D
Chunli D

So easy to learn
William S
Verified Buyer

While I am happy to have obtained my boaters license, I did not find that much of what was covered in the program prepared me for the government exam. Overall, I find these boaters exams are nothing more than a money grab.

At least it's all behind me... Now stop with all the sales pitches coming to my mailbox please!
Posted 1 hour ago
Barry S
Verified Buyer

Learned things I didn't know, good course keeps you informed on many features emphasizing safety and knowledge of the water thanks
Derek D

- overpriced
- lessons take too long, shouldn't be mandated to spend a certain time on each one, especially after a quiz failure
- quiz questions are worded poorly and test minutiae
Grace F
Verified Buyer

It was easy to follow and the audio feature was great thanks
Dana D

Very easy to follow.
One complaint,,,,the questions were so faint I could hardly read them. You might want to improve on this one point.
Olivia S
Verified Buyer

Very straight forward course. I enjoyed getting to resume the modules where I left off.
Catharine S
Verified Buyer

My issue is not being told what question(s) I had wrong on the quiz test at the end of each module. Not being able to correct the error would likely mean I would make the same mistake on the exam. Correcting it and learning from it would be beneficial not only in my final grade on the exam but more importantly out on the water. I finally decided just to do the final exam and did it in record time guessing at some questions. I have both a college diploma and a university degree and have never been denied knowing what questions I had wrong so I could improve myself. In college I graduated top of my class as I was able to correct mistakes before the final exam. Let's just say I passed this exam but certainly was not my usual A+ grade. I called and asked and was told there was no way to find out what question(s) was wrong and to just redo the entire module. Not happy but I can go boating now despite not being as skilled as I would like to be as I have no way of knowing what I need to improve on.
Alex M
Verified Buyer

1-2 minute section and then have to select the next chapter? Should be grouped into larger section to speed up the course.
Jeremy R
Verified Buyer

Over all it was a good course. The info was easy to follow, not to much, not to little.
David C
Verified Buyer

We live on the Prairies and Inhave a fishing boat! Some questions were not applicable.
Jake L
Verified Buyer

After purchasing the book and the pre-paid online test, it was not clear that the online modules were mandatory. After taking several hours to read and study the textbook I was ready to write my test. Going online I thought I would be good to go, but then I realized it was mandatory to redo all the modules. So receiving my licence took twice as long as I thought it would be and that was a negative experience.
Michael B
Verified Buyer

Great module based learning. Only negative was the final exam and the fact it didn't seem to be very "mobile" friendly. The text was fairly and not 100% responsive when selecting the mutiple choice.
Jason H
Verified Buyer

Very informative and will help out on the water
Conrad K
Verified Buyer

Too much time spent on learning the bureaucracies of boat laws. It is not important for boaters to learn whether infractions pertain to shipping acts, criminal code or small vessel regulations. I'm not saying remove this just don't make 5 out of 10 questions about this stuff. Too many videos per module the course is way too time consuming.

As a charter captain of over 7000 charters in Pacific and Indian ocean I found the lessons gave me adequate knowledge at best for navigating here in Canada. I wish more time was spent learning what is required by law, buoy systems, speed limits, etc. Less time learning who made the laws and what regulations fall under what laws as this is quite useless information. Very tedious having to click 'next lesson' and then click to start the video for 60 video modules and then having to redo them all because of a couple of 'unclear' questions. Modules take WAY too long.. Quiz questions can be a bit vague and don't do a good job of testing a persons safe boating knowledge.
Penny B
Verified Buyer

Very informative and easy to understand.
Gary B
Verified Buyer

I think this took a lot more time to go through each lesson, each quiz and the final exam than expected or required!
Wilma S
Verified Buyer

BOATsmart is a great way to learn about boating and to prepare you to write your boating license. I enjoyed the video presentations but it was even more helpful to be able to read along with the text just below. Keep up the good work!
Robert G
Verified Buyer

I was nervous. At the beginning of getting ready for the exam I bought the Boat Smart book and went through it and thought all I would have to was do the test and that would be it. Then I found out I had to do the course on the internet before I could do the test. I thought just my luck I would have trouble doing the course. The narrating part of the course was a big help . When I passed the seven modules, that gave me the confidence to move on and do the test and I passed with no problems. I worried over nothing. Thanks Again Boat Smart
HENRY B
Verified Buyer

It was easy to fallow and each module was very informative
Paul L
Verified Buyer

Excellent program. The lessons and quizzes really get you ready to write the final exam. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to obtain their Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
BOATsmart! is rated 4.45 based on 2,062 reviews