BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

How would you rate BOATsmart!?

(optional)
We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Leon L
"Thank God for Alex she was very relaxing to talk with about the course and exam. I made it harder than it was. Now I'm going to relax by the pond and Wait to on boating"
Ann S
"It was a great course, very convenient and informative. The only thing I didn't appreciate was the issue with the test, I would like to know what question I got wrong! I answered the question with what I thought was right, is that not a safety issue? If I don't know is wrong, I will do it the way I remember it. Correct the wrong! Happy boating"
Angela F
"I learned so much I took for granted that I thought I knew. And as a visual learner I was so grateful for the video versions. Thank you!"
"Would be nice to know the questions you get wrong on the quiz with the right answers."
"It covered safety items that may save someones life"
"Very well laid out"
"Very user friendly."
"I think the whole subject was covered. I liked the questionnaire at the end of modules"
"Very good lessons! learned a lot and will definitely recommend my friends!"
"Very good online course."
DeVynarae M
Verified Buyer
"There was a lot of good information. It was pretty repetitive though and drug on a bit on a few modules."
"Overall it was a good experience and I learned a lot. One problem is that I have trouble with videos with Chrome browser (64bit, Version 64.0.3282.167) on Windows 10 64bit, I need to refresh the page for a few times to make the video work. It works just fine on iPad."
Thanks for the feedback Zhao! Glad you had a good experience with the course. We're looking into the technical feedback - thank you for letting us know!
Geoffrey S
Verified Buyer
"The online guide is great to work with as I listened to it in Audio/Animated, as well as Reading it. This made it easy to follow and the fact that I could go back in the Modules and refresh before taking the final exam was a plus running through modules."
"Was a good course overall but on the module tests would be nice to know where a person is going wrong with the questions that were answered wrong but all in all a good course"
"The sections had alot of needed information and the videos are very helpful in illustrating navigation and maneuvers!"
"A hand book should be created for this course and sent out once one enters the on line course"
Hi Peter - thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. We actually do offer a printed study guide that is a great companion for the online course. It is also a great reference to keep on the boat, once you've passed the course. You can purchase it during registration, online or at your local Canadian Tire store.
"Convenient to do at your own pace and in your own home. Tutorials were well done. It's awesome and will recommend. :)"
"Easy to navigate"
"Awesome learned more than I expected."
"very informative it helped me alot. the only bad part was if you had a wrong answer in the quiz your were not told what the correct answer was"
"The quizzes were harder then the final test. Very frustrated to restart the entire quiz if you didn't get 80%. It took me a total of 5 hours to complete this boating test! On another note, very happy to be getting my card!"
"I was very impressed on how informative it was. I learnt so much and I highly recommend it. I'm actually glad its mandatory, I feel more confident now when I go out boating knowing that I've learnt to rules of the water so to speak and also the emergency procedures. I'm looking to buying my first small boat this summer. Its a fantastic course and worth every penny. Thank you. Karen Legault"
"Very well laid out course that lets you understand every detail needed to pass the Boaters Exam. I was impressed!"
BOATsmart! is rated 4.42 based on 3,600 reviews