BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Under an hour
customer service
Lawrence F
"The course is easy to understand. I liked that you can proceed at your own pace and that it saves you progress. The course is through and I believe I now have a basic knowledge of good boating practice."
Peter G
"Fantastic, comprehensive and user-friendly course. Would definitely recommend."
"very good"
"YOU WILL HATE THIS CLASS This is the most aggravating boater ed class I can think of - The material is boring, the timer serves no purpose, the questions asked at the end of each section are absolutely stupid and will barely touch what really matters - random questions about death statistics for fishing , canoers without life jackets. Then you have the questions that are so poorly phrased that you wonder if their main goal is to confuse you. see the image below about PWC steering If you don't make 8 out of 10 questions correct, you have to restart the whole unit ...and they don't even tell you which one you got wrong! My son was dragging his feet to complete this class - Now I understand why - I picked that online class because it was 50% cheaper than the boater-ed class I did myself which was entertaining, relevant and with good videos -"
"The test was very good but everything took a long time to do"
"A very informative and we'll put together course. Though the timers are frustratingly long at times."
"I have read many of the reviews and agree with those that discussed problems and corrections needed. I would disagree with anyone that thought it was good course. i found exam questions were worded tricky and vague at times. No need for that and the detailed involved in answers could have been reduced to "keep a waterproof manual handy for review of situation". I also found the index in the manual from Canadian Tire to be very lacking. The good part of the review so there is one star, is now I am not buying the boat I had ordered and will stay a land based person.. Will save me a lot of money for other pursuits here on Vancouver Island."
"Enjoyable and met with my requirements."
"thank you very much"
"Easy to understand and follow. Quizzes were good preparation for the exam."
"I’m renting a 14” aluminum boat with 20hp motor for 4 days to take my son fishing. This is insanely long and time consuming. The program should be based on the size of boat you intend to operate. I have no intention of operating a sail boat or a frick’n barge."
"Taught me what I needed to know"
"Material prepared me adequately for the test. My only complaint was the extended time delay imposed before proceeding to the next lesson."
"I had to use the online chat feature. It was very helpful, quick response and fixed my issue immediately."
"The course was great but had a problem with the link that takes you to the final exam. Took 2 days of trying to actually write the exam."
"Would prefer to know what questions i got wrong on quizzes so that i can learn from my wrong answers. Would have also like immediate access to the course after paying and signing up. I had to wait until the next day and i thought that was lame. Finally, I would have liked to have known about the printed booklet accompaniment available at Canadian tire before signing up for the online course . I ended up going to Canadian tire to buy it so that I had both on hand and so that I could refer to the book if I needed to because going back to the course modules was a pain ."
"Wish you would give the answers to quizzes so we know what answer we got wrong"
"Very informative. Nicely laid out.."
"Good presentations"
"it was a very good coarse to take I learned a few things that I didn,t know about"
"I got 70% for chapter 2 test. The website requires me to have to go through the whole chapter again. A 70% mark person is forced to spend 2 more hours clicking "next" one more fkin time. Isn't that fkin booshit? Why can't you test me just about the knowledge which I did wrong on it?"
"Great information and I actually enjoyed the course. There were a few final exam questions that I was not 100% sure covered in the course information."
"Well informative. The audio and visual components of this course made the material much easier to visualize and learn. I will likely order the written material (book) for future reference."
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 6,174 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access