BOATsmart! Reviews

931 Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Are you a business owner? Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.
William T
William T
Verified Buyer

Thanks boat smart...it too me appox 6 hours too study and make several notes....the test tossed in a few trick questions....but I still got 82 percent...I feel I'm ready too hit the water and put my schooling too work....just bought my ist boat cant wait too get on the saint john river"Fredericton New Brunswick"....with her....
Congrats William and sweet boat!

Don't forget to take advantage of your member benefits by getting specialized boat insurance through BOATsmart! Assure™. The average boat owner saves $125 annually - that can quickly add up to a few new toys at the cottage! Get a quick, no obligation quote at http://www.boatsmartassure.com/
Damien V
Damien V
Verified Buyer

i would say this is a good website to get your boat license
Raymond F
Raymond F
Verified Buyer

Enjoyed the course in the comfort of home at my leisure time.
Thanks for the review Raymond! (p.s. like the shirt #goleafsgo)
Jim S
Verified Buyer

The book & course are fairly easy.
BUT the exam questions are twisted, confusing & not user friendly & don't always reflect the contents of the book.
EXAMPLE: One shouldn't have to search 4 different sections of the book to find the answers on Fire Extinguishers.
Adam C
Verified Buyer

This is a little more expensive than some of the other options. However, your can tell there is real effort that was put into this. You don't have to read a thing like some other online boating courses I researched. Almost every section has a well animated video that goes through everything. And for the few sections that don't have a video there is a voice over that will read everything to you. Keep in mind that are required by law to enforce some annoying things like how long you have to spend on each page and the fact they cannot share your incorrect answers to the quiz. This will take you a good three hours to complete, so expect that.
Jamie S

Great Course.
Boat smart makes it easy to understand the course, and retain the information.
I highly recommend this to everyone.
Janusz W
Verified Buyer

Easy simple and clear. I recommend for my frends
Heather W
Verified Buyer

The BOATSmart course is extremely detailed, easy to follow, well paced and very educational. Great combination of technical boat information, safe operation of, "rules of the road" etc. Visuals are well done - both animated and sketches, audio is clear and supporting text is well written/clearly communicated. The course is time consuming to complete but modules allow you to pace yourself. The content if properly reviewed should produce educated, safe, confident, competent boaters.

The ONLY disappointing part of this whole course is the testing. I would have liked to see more questions on safety and about water 'driving" rules. I've only had one full season as a new boater, albeit a passenger, but it has left me wondering if the majority of boaters have ever taken a test like this. If one could look at just the test questions (modules and final exam) as a stand alone document, are all the right questions being asked to test the competency/knowledge/safety of leisure boaters? What I've learned does not translate well to what I've seen!

Well done BOATSmart! I look forward to my first summer as an operator.
Mishel V
Verified Buyer

when i took the exams the first two time i got 73 and 74 it was so close and had to redo the lessons. Secondly in my opinion i dont think the time for each lesson is necessary.
Yuheng Y
Verified Buyer

really helpful and easy to use.
Jaime E
Verified Buyer

Very informational and easy to follow
Jeff J
Verified Buyer

Good quality platform all around. My only complaint: each slide/screen is timed. You can't click past the screen until the timer is up. This means that if you know the content, you have to wait a minute or more before you can continue. Know that there are, what, 200 screens that need to be clicked through? No short cutting. Lots of downtime waiting for the screen to change. It took me 3.5 hours beginning to end, which could likely have been cut down to 2 hours without the waiting.
Haley F
Verified Buyer

This is a very good program and i would recommend it to all my friends.
John N
Verified Buyer

Outstanding course! I learned a lot, and retained it well, in a very short period of time.
Ron T
Verified Buyer

It would be nice when you do each quiz> that you could review and see what you got wrong
Jacqueline G
Verified Buyer

Good lots of detail and easy to understand
Benjamin C
Verified Buyer

Some videos shorter than the required time on page, would be nice to be able to view an entire module instead of having to click next and play on every single section.
Joey O
Verified Buyer

It took me a while, but that's me. And now I have my P.C.O.C.! I recommend the course. It is a good education for safety on the water.
Dylan K
Verified Buyer

Very easy to use and didn't take to long to get very satisfied
Oleg D
Verified Buyer

Very informative training. The guys did it so professionally and so easy to learn!
John T
Verified Buyer

With the exception of "following" being spelled "fallowing" in the Casting off section, everything else was very good.
Lorelette K
Verified Buyer

We have a sailboat, and most of the course dealt with power boats, probably because most people taking the course own those sorts of boats. The information WAS valuable and presented clearly. I wish that the correct answers to missed quiz questions could be provided, and the times one had to spend on each section before one could move to the next meant that completion of the modules took longer than necessary if one already had a good deal of knowledge.
Stan D
Verified Buyer

Every lesson was great,well written out and explained, video was ever so helpfull, it's a real time experience!
Even with limited space on phone screen
I was able to accomplish getting through all modules, and exam!
Excellent instruction!