BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
BRIAN D
"The course is well laid out"
William K
"I thought it was thorough but remained simple easy to understand and follow. The narrative option was a huge plus and I loved the fact I did not have to complete it all in one session. Although lengthily I was able to complete it on my own time by logging in and out at my convenience. Great program and thanks."
Leslie A
"Thank you so much both smart it took me reading the book doing all the quizzes getting online going through all the modules twice taking the test for the fourth time and I passed it 86% I am happy that I had the opportunity to go all over that information again and again because I really understand the importance see it is to know all of this information before you even attempt to get into a boat I’m so excited that I have my boating license is something that I wanted to do it’s been on my bucket list for a while I’m now going to look into some boating co-ops because I live in a condo and I have no place for a boat I totally now know the safety rules and regulations the dues in the don’ts on the water thank you again both smart it was a wonderful experience Leslie Lubyk"
"Awesome immediate customer support"
"Great course, easy to comprehend. It didn't take longer than I would have expected. SO glad there was text and audio - I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I don't get great internet, and the videos wouldn't always load. So I'm grateful all the material was still available."
"very good"
"I have really learnt a lots of stuff. Good course!"
"My husband and I purchased the BoatSmart book and prepared ourselves to write the test. We were not aware that regardless of whether you were prepared or not, you had to proceed through all the modules. We confirmed this with a phone call to BoatSmart. This took each of us three hours. Our times is valuable. We were not informed of this process when we purchased the book at the Toronto Boat Show. If we were informed, we would have still purchased the book, but we would have just prepared for the test by proceeding through all the modules. It was not a positive experience."
"Great course material ! Very thorough and completed exam with high confidence (got 94%). Wish I knew which answers were incorrect."
"It took so long and would not let me skip lessons until they were done so it ended up taking around 5.5 hours to complete"
"Easy to follow."
"Streamlined content. Videos were unbelievable and made learning easy."
"Clear, easy to understand. good review material."
"Everything is there. Easy to follow by ear and by eyes. Animated sequences are easy to understand. Self control is everytime possible."
"Takes a long time but very informative!"
"Many questions were ambiguous and had multiple correct answers or were worded strangely in a way that made it difficult to understand. Apart from that it was very comprehensive."
"A good concise course, very well explained and easy to understand"
"I learned a lot from the videos and book, I wish however that I could have seen what questions I got wrong and their answers so I could learn from my mistakes."
Hi Catherine - thanks for the feedback. Since there are a finite number of test questions and the test is open book and unsupervised - Transport Canada and NASBLA regulate that the answers not be shown. This is one of the check and balances put into place to maintain the integrity of online testing. As boaters too, we understand the feedback and are working with regulators to try and improve the process within the confines of online testing. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
"I’m only 13 and I took it with a friend.. it’s fairly long and it took uss a whol day with out doing to exam.. we are both straight A students.. so if you plan to do it I would suggest doing it on a day you don’t feel like doing anything and are ready to stare at a screen for 6 hours.. and DO IT with a FRIEND!"
"Some very good and valuable information for everyone."
"You need to tell people what they did I wrong on the exam so they know what they did wrong and how they can imprive. That lack of knowledge could save or lose someone’s life."
"Many thanks for this very easy to understand and well put together course. Semper Fidelis, LtCol Robert Barnhart Jr."
Thanks for taking time to leave a review and for the positive feedback LtCol Barnhart!
"Way too long, Too much information that I will never use. Only operate on California lakes that have few buoys. Time needs to needs to end when video ends not 5 seconds later."
BOATsmart! is rated 4.42 based on 5,950 reviews