BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Under an hour
customer service
Oskar S
"Easy to follow in reading and reassuringly while hearing the content simultaneously. Logically structured, comprehensive animations and symbols. Even if I only require it for small open lake fishing boat, it‘s reassuring to know how one operates along coast and on sea. Great exam preparation! Thank you."
Lawrence F
"The course is easy to understand. I liked that you can proceed at your own pace and that it saves you progress. The course is through and I believe I now have a basic knowledge of good boating practice."
"Fantastic, comprehensive and user-friendly course. Would definitely recommend."
"This course is well presented and logical. I played the videos and then followed along reading the text for each module which I think re-enforced what I was listening to."
"The information was presented in the most interesting way possible for relatively dry material. However, it was annoying sometimes to be forced to stay on a lesson for a given time. Overall it was well put together and easy to understand"
Thanks for your review Taylor. We understand the test can take awhile for some students, but the time requirements and quizzes are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA to ensure all students are able to fully understand all content. The timed requirements are the same across all course providers, and we find many students prefer the convenience of completing the course from the comfort of home, rather than in a classroom setting. Thanks for sticking with it, and safe boating!
"I owned and sailed two boats in the 24-28’ range for years on the ocean, but after a decade being land locked, it was time to get a small boat and get the operators card. I’m very impressed with how thorough the course was, knowledge-wise. With so many lessons, I did wonder how I would do on the exam, but the quiz at the end of each module helped lock in the knowledge. Got a 96% on the final exam!"
"I learned a lot of important facts."
"Overall a good course to meet the CA boater card requirement. There are some "typos" in the course. For example the audio mentions the sail boat being on port "track" rather than "tack". I noticed a few of these type of glitches, but the content was still understandable. I wish that after the end of module quizzes they would review the ones you missed (giving the correct answer), rather than just a percent. It would help you learn more."
"The course is very well done. I would fix the timer to 1min or less for each question and leave it to the people if they want to spend more time on it or not. Good job!"
"The module video ends before the timing is up and won’t let you go on to the next lesson until the timer has finished. Good overall experience"
"It was Awesome"
"Good course with funny videos. But it's annoying when you're already done all the reading and the slide won't let you progress for another minute or more, don't know why that timer is necessary and it was really annoying."
"The information was excellent. The videos made it easier to understand as well as being able to read along."
"I would be nice to know what you got wrong."
"Was great up until the end then once I passed it would only print out a blank temporary card."
"The corse was very well done and easy to follow and learn. The videos were great for a visual learner like myself."
"Great combination of videos, images and audio to keep learning interesting. Sadly there were at least 3 questions on the boating exam that were absolutely NOT covered by this course. A prime example being the types of navigation lights on other types of vessels (i.e. commercial). Still, information was sufficient to pass."
"It was a great experience, thanks"
"Great program. Very informative."
"Well written and easy to understand. Love having the audio as well as the written."
"Not new to Computer Based Training and felt the Boatsmart course was well put together. I would have liked a link to an e-book/pdf type edition of the course material to also refer to. My other complaints were with timing and quiz answers but see those are mandatory. Overall well done!"
"I think the course material was good. The biggest issue I have is the required time you need to spend on each page. I think the time you have allowed on a lot of the pages is to long as I found myself disengaging from the material when I would have to wait an additional 30-60 seconds after I finished reading the material before I could go to the next page. I think you need to re-evaluate your timings on each page."
"Too long on course making decisions on the water needs cognitive skills much quicker than course I believe my score would have been the same if I challenged the test"
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 6,396 reviews