BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Under an hour
BRIAN D
"The course is well laid out"
William K
"I thought it was thorough but remained simple easy to understand and follow. The narrative option was a huge plus and I loved the fact I did not have to complete it all in one session. Although lengthily I was able to complete it on my own time by logging in and out at my convenience. Great program and thanks."
Leslie A
"Thank you so much both smart it took me reading the book doing all the quizzes getting online going through all the modules twice taking the test for the fourth time and I passed it 86% I am happy that I had the opportunity to go all over that information again and again because I really understand the importance see it is to know all of this information before you even attempt to get into a boat I’m so excited that I have my boating license is something that I wanted to do it’s been on my bucket list for a while I’m now going to look into some boating co-ops because I live in a condo and I have no place for a boat I totally now know the safety rules and regulations the dues in the don’ts on the water thank you again both smart it was a wonderful experience Leslie Lubyk"
"I found it very good.i learned a lot of things that I figured I already knew.it was a long course but very entertaining and hey now I am looking forward to a lot of fun on the water."
"I like the video's, and that each segment is short. Overall a very long course but informative. I can read the content faster than the time given so then had to wait til I could press next."
"I liked how you can listen, watch and read the material. Being able to do all 3 makes for a better learning experience."
"Easy to follow"
"Easy to lean format"
"What a great experience!! The BOATsmart handbook, along with the lessons and mini tests were so helpful for the preparation of the Transport Canada final test. Thanks for the course. Sue D"
"good course, but should give the student some reference to what question you/ they get incorrect, so as to allow a person to review the area they got answered wrong. I received 95 % but not sure which answers were wrong."
"My only complaint was that I was not able to be told which questions I answered wrong on the quizzes, so that I could go back and review the material in order to learn from my mistakes. I didn't need to be told the correct answer, but to know which questions were answered wrong would have been useful. Some of the material in the online course seemed to be presented in a slightly different manner from the book. As I did the main test, I was unable to find exact answers in the book, to match the question being asked. A complete re-write of the book and the online course so that they are both congruent would be my suggestion."
"It is very easy to read and understand."
"Some parts a little slow and patronizing. Eg. I think most humans know where to find a local weather forecast. Also, in the trip planning section, the woman's build and bikini are quite gratuitous. Swimwear, sure. But tiny bikini and anime-style breasts were a bit much. I guess you have to keep the attention of young boating men..."
"Well organized and designed course. I appreciated the section quizzes leading to the final quiz. Comprehensable material, well done audio and video combos. Made the learning fun."
"The course is well laid out"
"The course too way to long to complete."
"I read the study manual first before doing the online course which helped retain the information. Enjoyed the online course and graphics and was particularly happy that I could save the modules and come back to the course at a later time."
"The boat smart course was easy to do online. I already had some knowledge of boating so I didn't find the course too difficult. You do have to spend minimum times in each lesson but that's ok. I passed all the quizzes and passed the test first time. Easy to navigate and allows you to leave and come back during the course and keeps track of your progress which is nice. I recommend this site to get your boatsmart card."
"I found the BOATsmart course informative and educational and I am glad that I completed it, even though it's not required in my home state. Even though I have boated for nearly 60 years and am a former member of the CG auxiliary, I did learn a few thing and found very few practices and procedures that contracted what I learned over the years. There is a very common sense approach to this class and a logical presentation of the information. The quizzes and final exam are strait forward and relate directly to the information presented. I also appreciate the lack of double negative statements in the questions. Time to hit the water!"
"The course was set up to be very easy to understand and geared for the success of its students. Very well done."
"I thought that overall the course was pretty good. It was super simple to follow and to learn from. However, all the practice tests are much simpler than the actual exam."
"Great course Only thing is I would like to know the correct answers to the ones answered wrong."
"Shorter videos, related to same subject, could be combined. It would be nice to know what quiz questions were answered incorrectly."
BOATsmart! is rated 4.42 based on 5,913 reviews