BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Are you a business owner Click here to learn about Reviews.io business solutions.

How would you rate BOATsmart!?

Dirk S
Dirk S
Verified Buyer

The video assisted learning concept was great. Chunking the whole content into manageable pieces made it easy to remember for the test.
Bill R
Bill R
Verified Buyer

BOATsmart was very informative.They took the time to show you step by step of the rules and regulations as well as the safety standards. I would recommend Boatsmart to everyone wanting to get their licence for a watercraft. The only part that I would have liked to know is how long this course would take on line. I found it very long to do. Perhaps BOATsmart could put the approximate time it would take to do all the modules before starting. If BOATsmart did state how long the approximate time it would take I apologize I must have missed it in the fine print. Overall this was a fantastic learning experience. Thank you, sincerely Bill Ross, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada.
Watson P
Watson P
Verified Buyer

I was a great experience with Boat smart because everything was straight forward.
Eric S
Verified Buyer

Excellent! Study modules were great. Test was thorough and fair. Thank you for preparing me for safe and cogent boating. Sincerely, Eric Shrubb
Peter A
Verified Buyer

I found the BOATsmart course to be very well organized, and full of useful information. I learned many things about boating that I was completely unaware of prior to taking the course. The course was very helpful in allowing me to obtain my BOATsmart boat license on first attempt.
Thanks!
Peter
Alex B
Verified Buyer

When I first started I thought it was going to be hard to study. But their support with all the videos and quizzes it really helped
Charles P
Verified Buyer

Videos are poorly timed with sections and text, though all information is there.
Hugh H
Verified Buyer

Course was very easy to follow and logically presented. The printed study guide was a real help in preparing on my time.
Robert S
Verified Buyer

Would have given higher rating if not for 2 things.
1. It would have been nice to be asked if the following options were available.
- If print manual was read. Therefore, I don't have to take the online course and go right to the final test. The online course is word for word as the print manual. Time wasted.
-For ONLINE MODULE TESTS. It would be nice to know which answers were wrong, therefore if you don't have print manual handy you have go through the whole module all over again instead of to the specific area of question.
2. It would be nice to know which questions were wrong in the FINAL TEST.
Knowing which questions were wrong would enable boater to know something that would be important in the operation of a boat. (ie. navigation, markers etc.)

Keith M
Verified Buyer

I now have my boaters license
Verified Buyer

J’ai bien aimer mon expérience et j’ai trouvé le cour très enrichissant
Gary S
Verified Buyer

It is a needed source of information. I feel that it will give me the confidence to operate my boat safely. It is definitely needed for safe and enjoyable boating for all .
Pawel Z
Verified Buyer

Very cleverly solved way of passing the test. First you have to listen to pass the test.
Andrew R
Verified Buyer

Straight forward. Good visuals with audio.
Deborah M
Verified Buyer

I spent 4 1/2 hours completing the modules. I would have completed the modules more quickly if I could have set my own pace but I had to wait after almost every lesson because of the mandatory minimum timing. I found that frustrating.
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback Deborah. We definitely understand the timers can be frustrating for quick readers, but they are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA, since the course and test are online, open book and unsupervised. This ensure readers of all levels have the time to completely review the material. Thanks for sticking with it and congrats on passing!!
David H
Verified Buyer

Allowed me to get certified
Farrel R
Verified Buyer

I am new to boating, and this course answered nearly all the questions I had about operating a pleasure craft. I learned a lot from it. Thanks.
Richard P
Verified Buyer

A very easy to use system and well laid out. I found the topics explained clearly, though at times a bit repetitive but I am sure they needed to be done so for some to remember them as key points for the final exam. I would recommend this site to others that need this certification.
Harley N
Verified Buyer

Easy to read and audio helped.
Denae M
Verified Buyer

Got my licence first try
Susan F
Verified Buyer

Credentials to obtain safety boaters license.
Anne B
Verified Buyer

All in all a fair way to impart information. The quizzes were useful. Very disappointed in the all inclusive country we live in that every face in every module was white. There is no ethnic diversity whatsoever.
Olivier O
Verified Buyer

Awesome way to study and get your boat license. Great interface allowing you study at your own pace and keep track of your progress.
Thanks for leaving feedback Olivier. Glad you enjoyed the course and congratulations on passing! Have fun and safe boating!
BOATsmart! is rated 4.42 based on 3,377 reviews