BOATsmart! Reviews

of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read BOATsmart! Reviews

1-877-792-3926

info@boatsmartexam.com

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy
EXCELLENT...the course was very thorough and covered all aspects of operating a vessel on open water. The downloadable checklists were a bonus and much appreciated item. I would highly recommend this course !! B. Groh President JBJ Trucking Service
The online resources are timed. Literally waited for the timer on every page before being able to proceed. Brutal experience.
The course was informative and added good knowledge and techniques to my future boating.
I found some of the questions did not have any of the answers when doing the course
Simple but excellent
Not a great online experience. Sometimes, the timer forces you to stay on the page far longer than the audio clip. Sometimes the audio doesn't speak the whole page. Words like "nun" sound like "none" which confused me but the course never explained this. And much of the California parts don't even have audio.
Comprehensive graphics and videos that help with understanding the content for visual learners like myself.
What a great course! Material is clearly presented with videos that help you remember. Finished the course easily and passed my exam. I’ve got the whole family signed up.
Fine preparation for the Transport Canada Boating Licence!

Thank you, it helped me score 94% on their exam!
Great website
It was easy to use. Very educational and customer service was awesome
The practice modules were very helpful
Really well done curriculum!
Everything was good except I think the narrator could have moved along a bit faster. Reading was quite slow.
I found the course to be informative and thorough. It seemed to provide all the information that was relevant with not too much extra, also I very much liked the option to complete it at my own leisure as opposed to all on one sitting.
The only small complaint I would have is that not all the video segments seemed to work, however that might have been on my end as well.
I chose the BOATsmart course over a different well respected course mainly because of the quality of the training materials shown in the sample videos. The customized graphics and animations are very well done, the content is very well structured to emphasize the most relevant info succinctly and each module is graphically summarized very effectively. The other option on my short list also had some sample material to view but it looked much more like a conventional powerpoint with generic images.

As a student who used to always fall asleep in school out of boredom, and now a design instructor who likes to make sure his students are fully engaged, I demand a lot out of any learning experience and I think this course was delivered as well as anyone could. There's no fat to it, just meat.

The only downside is that the mandatory timer to ensure you spend a minimum amount of time on each page is a real drag. As I read quite fast, I just used dual screens and read other stuff between questions. If this might be a problem then I would recommend looking for a self-study version using a hard copy book (not sure if there are untimed courses, but at least check it out).

For the benefit of future users, I'd be curious if there's any way to make the 3 hour minimum training time be cumulative rather than be fragmented into specific durations per page. I ended up accruing 4 hours of logged-in time, so I did send more time in some areas, but could have done with much less in others.
Lesson times were too long. I read really quickly.
Great course. Material was very relevant. I would have just preferred longer videos as opposed to 90 seconds or less. It's a little inconvenient to keep having to start next video
Good course. The module quizzes had similar questions to the exam
Easy to read and understand the material
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 7,356 reviews