BOATsmart! Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend BOATsmart!

Tell us how BOATsmart! made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Under an hour
customer service
Oskar S
"Easy to follow in reading and reassuringly while hearing the content simultaneously. Logically structured, comprehensive animations and symbols. Even if I only require it for small open lake fishing boat, it‘s reassuring to know how one operates along coast and on sea. Great exam preparation! Thank you."
Lawrence F
"The course is easy to understand. I liked that you can proceed at your own pace and that it saves you progress. The course is through and I believe I now have a basic knowledge of good boating practice."
"Fantastic, comprehensive and user-friendly course. Would definitely recommend."
"Ridiculously long. Took me 4 1/2 hours to do the bloody thing because of the forced time restriction. I could have done it in a hour and a half. Took me 20 minutes to write the exam. Stupid waste of time."
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback Paul. We understand the test can take a while for some students, but the time requirements and quizzes are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA to ensure students of all reading levels are able to fully understand all content. The timed requirements are the same across all course providers, and we find many students prefer the convenience of completing the course from the comfort of home, rather than in a classroom setting. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
"Great course. Covered everything needed. Learned much. Highly recommend Boatsmart."
"The easiest class I’ve ever taken! I’m going to the NYS DMV tomorrow morning and get my lifetime adventure card!"
Congrats on passing Rosalina - and enjoy all the adventures that come along with your new boater education card!
"Inexperienced boater so wasn't sure what to expect. I found the course to be well-designed course and easy to follow along with audio if you want; or you can simply read the material on your own. Animated videos very helpful to understand concepts."
"Great! Fast and informative!!!"
"The timer was irritating. As a medical student I can process information in about 1/3 of the time required for each lesson. would have been nice to go through it at my own pace."
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback William. We understand the test can take a while for some students, but the time requirements and quizzes are required by Transport Canada and NASBLA to ensure students of all reading levels are able to fully understand all content. The timed requirements are the same across all course providers, and we find many students prefer the convenience of completing the course from the comfort of home, rather than in a classroom setting. Thanks for sticking with it and safe boating!
"Easy smooth and relevant information, enjoyed the navigation and right away portion, nice refresher."
"It was a very informative course , learned some things I didn't know. Most of it seems to common sense,which, I know is not very common anymore."
"Extremely easy to use and very comprehensible with the audio and video aids of each slide. One critique, the font color should be changed from gray to black to make it easier on the eyes for reading."
"The course was very informative and well put together! Although I did find that some parts of the final exam were not at all mentioned in the course, I still passed with a 92% overall! Definitely worth taking notes as you go along!"
"It was quality information, however it didn’t not take me as long as the timer went on for most of the time"
"Very well organized course"
"I"
"Great course, well presented."
"Videos are really well done. However, some of the slides do have spelling errors. Biggest complaint I have is that if a video is one minute long, you have to wait sometimes, for a minute and a half before you can move on to the next slide. This is very annoying. Also, there is no feature to go back and see how one did on each quiz; so how can one learn and do better if they don't know what question they got wrong? Anyways, I'm hoping this feedback is helpful for you to make your product even better. Thank you. Allan"
"Very thorough course, but some items (can't recall) were inevitably left out of the final test."
"The course was well put together in a manner that makes learning easy . Absolutely a must for anyone wishing to get their boating license."
Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback Thomas. Glad you enjoyed the course!!
"Easy to read and prepared me for the test well! Videos are great!"
"Great easy course. Thank you!"
"Great animations and overall structure of the site. Maybe add a few more practice tests? This would make it easier to memorize all the concepts and rules."
Thanks taking the time to leave a review Tobias. We'll definitely take your feedback into account for future updates!
BOATsmart! is rated 4.43 based on 6,429 reviews