BT Reviews

of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy
I am an employee and just like how customers feel, employees are treated like dogs. They only chase for scores and nothing else. Because customers are mad at BT, the advisors are put in mental and physical pressure everyday. In these tough times can’t even leave jobs, but they are not supportive at all.
I have moved house and have now had 11 cancelled orders trying to get broadband. This has been going on now for over 3 weeks and every time it takes me about an hour to raise a new order and start a new account. After 24 hours the whole order gets cancelled and I am back at square one.
I should have had a working connection on 11th September and I am still without. They have promised me a 4g mini hub on three separate occasions but none have ever been dispatched let alone delivered.
I have a wife who works from home and has been unable to generate any income for herself for the last 2 weeks and now she is losing work because of it. BT keep telling me it is one thing, then blaming another department, then saying its a technical fault. The company are disgusting.
They have no incentive to get better because the only compensation they are ever liable for is the £1 a day loss of service refund. Without doubt one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with.
From start to finish and everywhere I between, this company hands down the most incompetent lazy scammers..

To go through everything they failed and lied about ...everytime they ignored me over my contract would take far too long and they si ply are not worth it ..

Stay well clear ..dont believe any the bukl about valued customer ...a ine off bad experience ..we value your custom...they dont ...they are scammers...deliberately not noting things so they can extend contract and say it's not thier fault..

Thieves scammers useless......a few of the words I would use to describe every person in that company....with the exception of the amazing Charleen from Glasgow call centre and Becca from stockport .....

BT YOU WANT A PROPER JOB DONE RIGHT .....MAKE THESE 2 THE BOSSESS I guarantee job will be done .
Horrendous experience. Asked for new landline. 2 months on still nothing. Hours and hours wasted on the phone. Tried to upgrade phone data and that was messed up so badly ended up with 2 accounts and no data. Literally spent hours getting nowhere. Sabah was the only one who went out of her way to help and actually got somewhere with some free data . She's great the others were nice but not very good at their jobs.
My BT TV box has packed up again, I received a supposedly 'new' box about twelve months ago which has also stopped working. I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR FOUR DAYS TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE, ALL I GET IS 'WE ARE BUSY, TRY AGAIN'. Customer service is non existent. I'm paying nearly £1000 per year.....for what?
If I could put minus figures, I would. The service from start to finish has been diabolical. I’ve spent hours on the phone (average waiting time to get through to call centre is 30 minutes, then being passed around endlessly to numerous departments) trying to sort this issue out and keep getting fobbed off. It’s now week 6 without a phone line and I keep getting promises that it’ll be fixed with the next 48 hours. My elderly mother is left without a phone line and is having to rely on her pay go mobile for calls, spending an absolute fortune. I have opened complaints, for them to be closed without resolution and no courtesy callback..
Do not touch with a barge pole..I will be escalating this to the Ombudsman.
Mark Clemets, nothing good to say about bt they are a bunch of robbing cunts no loyalty to customers in these hard times they can stick there broadband up there fat greedy arse and the person responsible for cutting off my broadband at a sad time please meet me for a chat ill be nice i promise CUNTZZZZZZZZZZZZ
A few months ago I was unable to pay my bill due to not been able to work so I got in debt with my bill and BT disconnected my internet.
I rang up and explained my situation and the guy that I spoke to was very nice and put me on a payment plan and my internet was reconnected.
Great I thought at the time. I even have a 5 star review saying how happy I was with their customer services.
However, I paid my agreed instalment but a couple of days later my internet was disconnected. I spoke to a lovely lady who reconnected it and said that she would make a note so it does not happen again. So the next month I paid the agreed instalment as agreed and yet again my services were disconnected. Phoned up again sorted it out. and was told that it wouldn’t happen again.
Well guess what it happened again this month. But this time when I tried to pay the agreed payment I was told that a payment instalment was never agreed and that I now had to pay £189 and plus an extra amount for late payment. I was really upset as i know that a repayment plan was set in place and now I was being told that no repayment plan was agreed. So I had to pay the full amount. But now I don’t have enough money to live on for the rest of the week. But what upset me about it the most was the fact that a repayment plan was put in place and. then I was told that no plan was In place. So BT tell lies. It sent me nuts. I have mental health issues and the way I was treated was appalling.
They even added another amount so that the bill was more than it was originally.
The new website is terrible and messy, no clear directions and hard to navigate on.
It looks like someone on drugs made it...
Reported line fault on Tuesday
25th august repaired Wednesday 26th august
Excellent service
Awful back stabbing company - avoid!

I was in Asia for 6 months and needed to cancel an out of contract sim card. They would not allow it, so i just cancelled the DD. They then tried to chase me for money and got the debt collectors involved for 30 pounds. Funny, since I was out of contract.

They have caused my credit rating to drop 3 times! Despite me ringing up and sorting it out, they continue to have me black listed. I have now lost over 200 points out of 700 on my credit score. Literally can't get anything on credit anymore and I've spent the last 5 years building it and saving to buy a house this year.

Over 30 pounds... which I shouldn't even owe.

Stay clear!
Been with BT at current address since,1998, customer services failed my request for my last bill payment,by card,even though he had details on his laptop in view, operative reqd how much I payed, I could not remember!,"WHAT"!!.
This company has a employee who who changed all my contracts without our consent we then spent hours trying to get this corrected after many call 2 ladies managed to correct it they both where sorry this happened and great but why they should have to clear up after dishonest toe rag who thinks its fine to commit fraud and com your customers dout we are thee only ones he has done this to
Terrible service, lost connection a lot. When we tried to get help from them they were resistant to help. Do not recommend.
I purchased bt monthly sports pass through online but unfortunately I entered wrong email Id ,spelling mistakes I made, then after 5 minutes I realised I made a mistake then called bt customer service immediately they says they are not able sort it out so I lost my money
Spoke to gentleman called Julian regarding what would be best package plan for my needs. He was extremely helpful.
I was very pleased with his advice l would also add l didn’t have to wait too long before my call was answered.
Thankyou
Broadband dropping, WiFi will not go into my kitchen or upstairs. Over 2 hours on phone calls this week alone. Very disappointed with there service.
I've had a long standing issue with dropouts on my broadband. Recently (after a particularly bad period with the issue) I spoke to Oisin in Belfast office , and his level of professionalism was second to none. He was courteous and vigilant in pursuit of a resolution to the issue. ( i can report no issues after his involvement). He is by far the best customer service person that I have spoken to on BT. If you read these comments BT then it just goes to show what can be achieved with the right staff in place. Thanks again Oisin,
Such poor customer service. Every time I have needed to contact BT they have routed me round in circles and I don't get the information I require. Please invest in your future steer well clear of this company!
Never got a what my contract stated ....the guarantee is pure bs..

Bs service ...bs everything .
Even though I pay for an extra hub that guarantees .(..theres that bs again ...) complete connectivity through my tiny 1 bed flat, I can never get connected from the bedroom ..

Even though I requested my speed checks as their own website is juts pure bs too ...had no service, went online using phone data and it tells me that all connections are perfect and I am geting perfect speeds...so I test this bs by requesting speef checks sent to email ...a service they provide ..and everytime I get an email saying small glitch and they cant ....see the BS come down hard now ..

Called multiple times ..promised call backs, never got them

At beginning of contract I ss told by a service idiot that maybe I should be paying more and then they could've done something....actual words used by him .....100% ...when I complained about this and was promised a call from a manager...the manager went I gear you have a prob ...what is it ....so what you dont get briefed..cos the 15 different idiots I talked to all asked the same thing so surely speaking with one of them ou would've know what the problem was ..

BT are now as absolutely useless as TalkTalk now that's saying something....
BT is rated 1.47 based on 390 reviews