ClassicMovieStore.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend ClassicMovieStore.co.uk
Read ClassicMovieStore.co.uk Reviews

support@classicmoviestore.co.uk

PO BOX 318

Tell us how ClassicMovieStore.co.uk made you happy
"CLASSIC MOVIE STORE

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING LOOKS GOOD BUT IS IT?

On Friday 12th October 2018 I ordered 8 DVD Box sets costing £229.27. As I didn't receive an email to confirm dispatch, I sent a request for information. The reply said that they were being dispatched on Wednesday 17th October 2018. First, they failed to follow the information on their website regarding posting "same day or next day", in that you actually posted 6 days after date of order. On Tuesday 23rd October 2018 I sent a 2nd email to say my order had not been received and later that same day, received a reply saying "sorry and replacements will be sent out". I found this most strange as I would have wanted to asertain what had happened to the original dispatch! All this belies the information given on the website. Needless to say, neither the original order or replacement order have to date been received. The 21 digit tracking number does not help at all as it only works upon receipt/delivery. I have looked at Trustpilot reviews for this company and was concerned at the number of similar stories to mine. I wonder if they do in fact hold all the stock they maintain? This apart, I have wasted 8 days waiting in for not only the original order but the replacement. I also wonder how many complaints have "gone under the radar" as could not be bothered to leave formal reviews. I would have been happy to pay extra for a decent tracking method but there is no option for this. On Thursday 25th October 2018, I sent yet another email strongly outlining my concerns but they did not see fit to reply. Needless to say, I will NOT be using them again!
Hi Angus, sorry again for the service you have received. To answer a few of your points, sorry yes the site does say 'usually dispatched within 24 hours'. This is not a guarantee and we do our best. We also can offer next day delivery if you read the details, we just ask people to contact us first to make sure we have the items in stock.

All our parcels have the Royal Mail tracking, and we could see from this that your item had not been delivered, which is why we sent out replacements. This was agreed with you 3 days before this review, and I can see they have arrived the day after you wrote this review, in 2 parcels, with the second parcel arriving the day after.

We have replied to all your emails by the next working day, and replied to this review, and the bad review you left us on other sites. Our customer support is UK based, and we believe it is more useful to speak to an English speaking person within a day, than the instant outsourced support lots of others offer, that struggle to speak English.

Sorry again anyway, and hope you enjoy the dvds.
No problem with the items, just not always receiving them. They have to be sent out
a second time.
exellentrangeovffilmserygoodrangeoffilms
I recently bought the Armchair Thriller box set at a really good price, far cheaper than Amazon. Very pleased indeed with this company - good vintage programmes on DVD at a great price. Item arrived within a few days and was well protected with suitable packaging. Thank you Classic Movie Store! Very pleased
Took three weeks for a 48 hour post to arrive
not good enough
Always fined your site the cheapest. Delivery is also very quick. Great site , have recommended to loads of people.
a very selection of dvds good prices and very good delivery
A very welcome range of great British films and complete television series for Australian fans. Our government has compelled Amazon to redirect customers to Amazon Australia , which often has a poor range at inflated prices, higher postage rates, and a further GST on overseas purchases. So much for Globalization and Free Trade. Despite the poor exchange rate , purchasing from your store is still far more economical. Many fabulous box sets are regularly offered at vastly reduced prices . I'm so pleased ClassicMovieStore fills the void.
I am very happy with the dvds I ordered. Excellent customer service aftercare as I experienced an issue with an order not arriving and the gentlemen rang me at 6pm to discuss my order and sent out another order straight away. I cannot fault the assistance I received and I will definitely order from you again.
Excellent and prompt service, very reasonable prices.
I live in Utah. I have been a fan of “last of the summer wine” for several years. However here we can only see a few episodes here on TV. Usually the later years and never the earliest years. So I bought the complete set. I found the price excellent. The shipping was very reasonable. The quality of the DVDs with the subtitles was all I had hoped for. The order came promptly. I did have to buy a cheap PAL DVD player but it was well worth it. I usually watch a couple of episodes each evening before bed. A wonderful way to end the day. I am contemplating now buying the complete set of “are you being served” as I have been so happy With my last order. Thank you CMS.... Lyle
This was my first purchase but I shall be back. Excellent value and service.
Frequently better than Amazon/Ebay prices.
Good communications.
Delivery speed could sometimes be faster, hence only 4 stars.
Pleased with Product and Service and Highly Recommended
Heartbeat the Rowen years
Found this was the cheapest on the internet.
Fast delivery would definitely recommend 5+++++
Always order my tv box sets from Classic Movie Store. They have a fantastic range at good prices and the service is excellent if there's any problems.
Very good service and collection of dvds
Great Service and the best bit is great prices
Just purchased a complete set of series 1 and 2 of CHIPS, a polce series from the 70s, received in good order and very quick, first class service, will certainlly be using this site again
In this day and age I, or rather we, seem to get swamped with assorted ‘offers’ off this, that and occasionally the other (depending on the weather of course) with assorted deals but having looked at this site a few times I decided to ‘have a go’.
The fact that, as I write and not before as I have just finished my breakfast, if the order is over £15 in value its free postage (yes, free! - ohhhh, how they spoil us…) and in this day and age that is not to be sneezed at, more so if you are a deep sea diver and wearing your working kit. I ordered a boxed set of DVD’s over the £15 limit and like a lot of other people I found by clicking away on the net that this product or set I purchased was indeed cheaper, like for like, than the competition as in other suppliers but, and this is the but, they all required postage as an extra thus making this deal a good one money-wise. From ordering to receiving the item was a few days but nothing to panic over as I was in no rush to sit and watch said discs anyway and considering it was free postage included, no bother at all. The set came in good packing with no problems, it was as ordered as it’s not unknown (speaking/writing from past experience) for the wrong item to arrive as quite how you can mistake a set of nut crackers, chrome, for a pair of pipe fitting grips is slightly lost on me . Its now been a few weeks since ordering that we found time to sit down - well, we paid for the chairs so we may as well have the use of them - and started watching the first of many discs and all its all quite enjoyable. Would I use this supplier again? - a big yes I will.
ps: anybody want a pair of nut crackers, chrome, cheap?...
ClassicMovieStore.co.uk is rated 4.68 based on 899 reviews