Depop Reviews

of reviewers recommend Depop

Tell us how Depop made you happy
Depop 1 star review on 31st July 2021
Depop 1 star review on 1st July 2021
Depop 1 star review on 1st July 2021
They also have people selling items that they got from scamming and ripping off people through credit card scams!
Depop is an absolute disgrace. It's where so called customers go for a freebie, to steal money & goods from honest sellers & getting you shut down because Depop have an inefficient customer service platform and permits them to lie & get away with it. You list all details as an honest seller, actual pictures of the item, give customer services all the info they require to prove your innocence but still they go in favour of the dodgy customer after a freebie & your account is shut down & they keep your takings dispite your great track record of sales & feedback over the past few years! They shut your listings down for word descriptions also, I don't mean copies etc I mean actual style wording as apparently its classed as insulting. Had that numerous times, so this is the last straw, I don't want the account back, keep it! Plus FEES are high, as well as sellers being treated like dirt, you have to keep reshreshing your listings to get em seen daily/hourly, you can never talk to just one person in customer services, you get several in the space of an hour, it's the worst selling platform iv had the displeasure of using! Stick with other better well known selling platforms folks, save yourselves the time, money, stress & inappropriate guilty before proven otherwise. Absolute sh!$ show!
My daughter sold a few Tiffany and co. Items to one seller for over $400. I packaged and shipped the items myself via USPS. The customer received the parcel yesterday, but today claims the package was empty! This is an obvious scam! I’ve been going back and forth with customer service all day via messages bc they do not have a telephone number for their US customers to call! All they have to do is look at the weight of the parcel and they will see the parcel was not empty! This company is either in on these scams or they just don’t care about their sellers.
Disgraceful platform. The process to suit a refund claim is deliberately convoluted ted nad actually impossible to navigate.
I was the victim of being sold counterfeit trainers. This was proven to be the case not only by my authentication but also an independent authenticator. PayPal ruled that this was also the case & luckily I did receive not a small sum of £225 back. I left factually correct & proportionate feedback for the seller who sold me the item - following Depop guidelines & giving a fair reflection of a transaction that was fraudulent on the sellers behalf. How else are we to warn other users that they are at risk of losing large amounts of money? The seller left me feedback, bearing in my mind I made a purchase from them stating “all his shoes are fake.” The seller has never made a purchase from me - so vindictive, wholly untrue & feedback that accounts to defamation. However, Depop, who clearly did not bother to look at one single fact of the transaction, removed my feedback as being revengeful & going against Depop guidelines! You could not make it up - you look at Depop’s guidelines around how they purport to protect users & create a safe environment - yet here they are intrinsically protecting a seller who has been found to have sold counterfeit trainers so that they can target other unsuspecting users. I have had a whole week of worrying because the transaction was a nightmare from start to finish & yet Leo D from Depop customer service has the gall to accuse me of being revengeful & leaving feedback that was not an accurate representation of the transaction - Leo, I was the victim of fraud, PayPal ruled in my favour, I received a full refund, next time the victim may not be so lucky or aware. Absolutely disgusting from Depop & I have no doubts that others will be severely mentally harmed by what Depop are clearly allowing to go on.
Depop 1 star review on 23rd April 2022 Depop 1 star review on 23rd April 2022 Depop 1 star review on 23rd April 2022 Depop 1 star review on 23rd April 2022
I purchased a tote bag on there. The seller canceled the purchase and I have yet to receive my refund. It's been a month.
Gave them a bad review a while back for their Horrible service.. but in writing a updated one as this company will try to defraud and steal from you. Last week even though my PayPal is not connected as I'm not selling on there atm and I wouldn't sign up for depop payments as depop are not trustworthy when it comes to money, I got a notification a girl had managed to buy a item with depop payments. Of course depop had this in a hold ssying it would be release on a Tuesday originally they were told to refund her but didn't anyway on the Tuesday it said payment would be sent out to my bank next day so I decided to give it a go so I gave them my account and sort code.. there is a option to add your card details which I refused as know its easier for money to be stolen this way. And all that's needed to payout is my account numbers of course I wake up tge next day and they have not sent the money and have changed the payout date to tge next day at this point I contacted my bank and explained I was worried Depop and there money holding company STRIPE would try to defraud me, my bank in chat assured me theres no way they can take money from my account with those details to which I told the bank with those details couldn't they try setting up a direct debit to take my money. The bank assured me as long as they didn't have my card details I would be safe..... Then low and behold later that evening I get a email from my bank that a DIRECT DEBIT HAS BEEN SET UP BY STRIPE/DEPOP!!!!!!!!!! THIS DEBIT HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND BLOCKED NOW BUT SEE SO DEPOP DID TRY TO DEFRAUD ME ALSO THE PAYOUT OF THE SOLD ITEM HAS NOT BEEN SENT A DAY CHANGED TO TOMORROW... DEPOP ARE LYING FRAUDULENT THIEVES AMD I AM GOUNG TO BE REPORTING THRM TO TRADIND STANDARDS , THE OMBUDSMAN ASWELL FOR ILLEGAL PRACTICES. AVOID THIS COMPANY
i found what i've been looking for all over the internet on this app. like a lot of the reviews the seller won't contact me and i have an email that says she was paid. i went to the website last night and my stuff is still for sale! so i contacted her there. i wondered if this was a scam sight. wish i looked it up 1st. the "seller" gets -5 starts if it even is a person.
March 23rd, 2022 I'm a seller, who has sold 90 items there with all of 5 stars good reviews. I know I'm not a big seller at Depop compared to those sellers who sold thousands of items. But I think I shouldn't be treated like this! They send me an email to notify me: You have double accounts, so we deactivated both of your accounts because you violate our policies. How can I know I can't have another account? I didn't use that account for like 2 years, just for this ridiculous reason, they deactivate both of my accounts. Also, I checked my email box every day, I received their email to let me delete the other account no more than 1 day. They can't even wait 24 hours to get my permit. Then they removed many of my listings. When I logged my account again, they move upward all of my sold out listing and move downward all of my still selling stuff. It makes people feel like this is a deactived account. One listing is removed because I include another brand's name. I'm not spam, I just describe the tweed jacket's STYLE as similar to Chanel's classical tweed jacket. Other items because I used the official website's model pictures. Alright, first, is there anyone really reading your policies line by line before using an App? Even though I violated your policies, since you can send me messages and emails to notify me you have removed my listings, why can't you notify sellers to change to modify their listings within one day? Even though I used official website photos, I write the descriptions and measured the clothing by myself. All of these things spend my time! They also removed my listing just because I include one Brand's name, even though all of the photos are taken by myself. That is what they will do to the seller's account! They won't give you second chance or don't want to think of what is a more acceptable way. I realized this is totally a disgusting company using some beautiful slogans and mission statements to cover their rude behaviors. They stated that all they do is for building a better community. Okay, I think your community is only composed of BUYERS instead of SELLERS, right? Because you treat Depop sellers as $#*!. Without any respect.
Do not shop. Buyers have no rights. Do not believe top sellers' excellent ratings. Negative reviews can be deleted in favor of sellers despite buyers' (which is me) absolute frustrating experience. Expect weeks to ship and no response from seller, entire process takes months and if you leave bad reviews they will spam you and report your review, despite you being honest and true, and it will be deleted bc Depop is not on buyer's side.
They excuse and allow terrible seller behaviour. No customer support. High fees for this poor excuse of a platform.
Bought item that arrived covered in stains . Sent item back to seller as I was instructed to by Depop On the promised that they would refund once the seller had received the item back by recorded delivery. All my emails and requests for refunds have been totally ignored. Emails are being returned with messages saying they’re too busy to read emails. This is a mess of a company that I am now I’m gonna have to take to small claims court to get my money back
This app sucks , I have sold one item and I haven't gotten my payment. Mind you it was 160 that I was supposed to receive. Iv'e emailed them multiple times and i haven't gotten anything. DO NOT USE THIS APP!!!
Their customer service is so horrible. Better hope you never have any issues with your account because you will not be helped by these people. $50 of items I have already shipped and my customers have received is being withheld from me because of there new stupid Depop payments method.
Negative feedback censored! Depop's feedback feature is entirely flawed as they will remove negative feedback for sellers on request. After having a seller blatantly lie to me (verifiable in the Depop message string), I, of course, gave them negative feedback. I then got an email saying "Although the feedback does not directly go against our Terms of service or Feedback policy, we have decided to remove it on the basis of being as fair as possible to both parties". How could that possibly be 'fair'!? How can one trust buying on Depop when the feedback is censored? Clearly it is in Depop's interest to have lots of positive feedback sellers to buy from. Feedback elsewhere tells another story To top it off, customer service only responds with vague, generic corporate replies that don't address your issue.
Depop customer service has by far been the most disrespectful and unhelpful team ever. I have contacted about my account getting banned for wrongful hashtagging which should not even be something you should get banned for. This app has been nothing but nightmares, I really hope they listen to what people want instead of being so money driven.
My daughter got a job in the summer and bought a pair of shoes on this site. SHE NEVER RECEIVED the shoes or her money back. Placed a complaint in depop site but we had no response. $99 stolen from this site. Don’t buy from depop
I ordered from Depop. One seller had my merchandise to me in 5 days. The otherseller's package didn't, so I contacted her. She had delivery receipt which was fine, but she was very rude. Said I accused her of not sending merchandise. She demanded proof that she kept the shirt. I never said anything about her keeping the shirt. She was a little "crazy" sounding, so I dropped the dispute with my credit card company. It was for $17. Not a good experience. Will not shop with Depop, again.
They are a platform where you can put your items on sale however, the fees they charge including the admin, then the PayPal fee you literally end up making nothing. Why can’t this platform be free like vinted so that it can attract more users
THIS APP IS A SCAM. DO NOT BUY OR SELL THROUGH IT. This app is basically a big scam, depop team play a huge role In scamming both buyers and sellers. If you buy something you will never receive the item and you will never receive a refund. If you are selling something and you sent the item you will never receive your money, FYI according to their policy you need to provide proof that you have sent your item after that you will be able to collect the money, but GUESS WHAT?? you’ll never get it. Try to contact customer service and they will play dumb about any situation they collected their profit from.
Depop is rated 1.59 based on 63 reviews