Expedia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Expedia
Telephone
Read Expedia Reviews

About Expedia:

Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Tell us how Expedia made you happy
Horrible customer service and practices. Hours spent on the phone with customer service all over the world in order to obtain a refund . No refund for flight cancelled by the airlines, worthless trip insurance which according to insurance company ,they never paid them premium also non refundable, by the way it wasn’t covering cancellations caused by COVID-19. Please stay away from this company, they are stilling money for services not delivered.
Expedia were great when it came to booking a flight and taking my money but all that changed in a flash when it came to having a problem.
Customer service managers who are not conversant with EU law and agents who are unable to respond for basic requests for information and refer to baseless 'policies' that they provide no details of.
I will never book with them again and urge others not too. A real case of great when things go right but appalling when things don't go to plan. I want to know I'm booking with a company that's got my back not one that just wants to use me then disregard me.
Flights booked through Expedia cancelled. No help to find alternate flights home and after 12 weeks still no sign of the refund I was told would take 8-12 weeks to arrive.... oh but last week they told me the 8-12 weeks started from 20 May for some arbitrary reason, not 23 March when they advised my flight was cancelled. Refuse to provide evidence they have in fact requested the refund from the airline.
Non existent customer service. Never again
What a joke of a company, been waiting 3 months for a refund. Uncontactable
Expedia cancelled my flights then refused me a refund also cancelled my hotel still waiting for the refund five weeks later. Now credit card company is dealing with it.
I will never use Expedia again.
Excellent & easy booking of flights, hotel & transfers. Unfortunately with covid19 I might not be able to go so we'll see how I get on with a refund nearer the time!
Still awaiting for a refund despite Quantas giving me the cancellation number. The worst company to get someone to speak to. But if you press 0 in the options you get to talk to an agent. They still dont really help
No stars. Absolutely appalling customer service. Out and out crooks. They deserve to go out of business unfortunately if they do taking a lot of peoples money with them. Avoid like the plague.
If I could give a negative review I would. Absolutely zero response to my questions and queries. Out of pocket £1100 because of them.
Worst Travel company to book with, Worst customer service ever. No one knows what to do and who to talk with. I have been waiting for 6 months for a refund and nothing has happened. Reported this issue repeatedly to them they never pick up the phone the usual wait time is 45 to 50 minutes.
They made errors in my flight booking and refused to refund the cost.
Booked hotel Viking in Gothenburg for an overnight. Online rating was high so expected high standard. Found hotel dirty and room wasn’t available at 3pm check in time. Got room key at 4.30. Found room to be dirty, sex toy found from previous occupant next to bed and also found blood on pillow. Tried various times to rectify this to no avail. Will never use again!
I just posted this in reply to Expedia's interminable emails: "I have had enough of your emails claiming you are offering the customer something good/worthwhile. You charge a higher price than hotels’ standard price and ignore anyone asking about it.On your website, if I click “support” nothing happens – there is no route to support at all. If I click “feedback” equally, nothing happens. You clearly have no interest in your customers and I for one will not be booking with you again."
Too many errors for which Expedia takes no responsibility. In last week's website glitch that said any bookings were unsuccessful, but took the money anyway, they have fought not to refund the £1,200 they took from my account.

I have spent over £6,000 with Expedia over the years, and in general they have tried to fix mistakes, but this is the last straw.
What is up with the people that answers the calls at Expedia?? Expedia used to be good and now they have weird and awkward reps that answer the calls. Booked an all inclusive package and needed more information about my booking and I get connected to the all inclusive vacation line, and this man basically turned every inquiry that I made into what shouldn't have been so complicated. How many different ways do I need to word: how many beds are included in the hotel room I booked? He seemed appalled and shocked and confused by this question. His attitude made it seem like it was a burden to answer any of my questions and almost as if he was doing ME a favor by answering. WELL MY APOLOGIES EXPEDIA! Sorry to hassle you by giving you money to use your service. I am now considering cancelling this package as I am utterly disgusted by how Expedia treats their customers. WOULD NEVER BOOK AGAIN AND DEFINITELY SPREADING THE WORD SO THAT NOBODY BOOKS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY AGAIN!
Shocking bad experience. Their customer service is completely useless. Make 2 mistakes, first with flight destination which I have to pay £150 to have it amended. Then follow with not selected luggage for my amended booking. I have to pay again before they will compensate me. Each time I have spent an hour on the phone to explain the problem.
Expedia booked our flight with KLM, or so we thought. It failed to tell us there was no baggage included. When we paid for the tickets, the itinerary quoted KLMs baggage policy and gave us inaccurate information as to the actual cost of checked in luggage. The flight would actually be operated by Virgin Atlantic, which required a payment of £828 extra just for two items of 23kg checked in luggage. Expedia refuse to accept liability. The airlines state it is Expedia’s fault as it booked the tickets for us. We had no choice but to effectively pay more than double the amount we would have paid for flights. Avoid this fraudulent company at all costs.
Good customer service, very efficient and helpful
Expedia is rated 2.39 based on 114 reviews