Expedia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Expedia
Telephone
Read Expedia Reviews

About Expedia:

Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Tell us how Expedia made you happy
I think it should be called "no customer service" expedia is a company that couldn't care less about its customers
love the callback feature for customer service over the phone from expedia
Would appreciate better service and accurate information from Expedia Customer Support. Annoyed of being overcharged. No Response.
has some outstanding customer service! I'm a fan!
I was thoroughly impressed with Expedia customer service this week. Friendly, courteous and helpful. Well done expedia
Price is expensive
Everything seemed fine when I flew on the outward leg but on the return I was told I had no checked baggage and needed to pay for a bag. After some discussion I eventually agreed to pay but said I would complain. I complained to Expedia - after three emails they rang me and agreed to reimburse me. It would be in my account in 7 - 10 days. After three weeks I contacted them and was told there was a technical problem and they would try again. After two more emails and two more phone calls I was told it had to be done manually and would definitely be done immediately and be in my account with 5 - 7 days. It is now ten days later and i have emailed again. They think I will give up but this delay just makes me more determined.
Only rating middle of the road as on booking room requested sea facing view, corner room and or balcony. When checking in we got none of the above but the hotel had no record of our request which was disappointing.
I don't understand how it can take Expedia 's customer service up to 48 hours to contact a supervisor. Still waiting 72 hours later, not impressed
Absolutely the most horrible company that does not respect their clients. I have purchased a ticket that was canceled and I have received an airline credit instead. So I'm calling to Expedia to use this credit and they say that I can not use it and I have to contact with Airline. The airline say that as I have not purchased that ticket from them I should contact with Expedia. After 2 hours of calls between both companies I asked to speak with the supervisor of Expedia, the lady was absolutely RUDE and refused to connect with a supervisor and instead connected me with a Chinese guy that speak MANDARIN (it was a good joke). Finally I have lost $1.500 in a credit that I can not use. How to explain that?
AVOID - BOOK DIRECT. Unacceptable level of service. Iberia changed our flights and notified us that our flight was cancelled and moved us to an earlier flight, meaning we would not make that flight due to our connecting flight landing after the second flight has taken off. Expedia had no idea and failed to give us options and originally could not see a problem with landing at an airport at 18.55 for an 18.00 departing flight... Over an hour and a half to speak to someone on the phone and around 35minutes to talk to someone on web chat, to which if you don't respond in under 40 seconds, they disconnect. COVID-19 is the weakest excuse for lack of customer support. Having found two earlier flights, I requested these to be changed to them. I was told that Expedia needed a waiver to avoid charges. Surely, surely, surely surely, from a customer service point of view, Expedia would of sorted the flights first (bearing in mind that probably 300 other people are trying the same thing we are doing) and dealt with their admin cost waiver (saving them the cost, not the customer - especially since its a cheaper flight than the one that we paid for that was cancelled) after the flights have been sorted. I cannot express the stress this has caused me and my wife. It has been over 3 days now trying to deal with this. It is almost unbelievable after what has I'm sure been a difficult year financially for Expedia, that they treat their customers like this.
They give misleading information untrained staff and deny giving the advice, use at your peril they are definitely one to avoid , should be shut down
On 23rd July 2020 Expedia notified me that I would receive a refund for a cancelled flight ‘within 12 weeks’. It’s 9th February now and I have received nothing. On 15th October 2020 they told me (I have email evidence) that there had been a delay and I would receive the refund 8-10 weeks from 11th October (20th December). Nothing was sent. Since then I have been in contact with Expedia every few days – their line is now that the airline refunded me in August. I have not received a refund and have checked every one of my credit card statements from 2020 and phoned my card issuer who have said that nothing has been sent. I have offered to provide all card statements to Expedia. I am speaking to them multiple times a week but they maintain that the airline has sent the refund. I have asked for the transaction ID, date of refund and name of merchant associated with the refund 6 weeks ago but they have failed to provide this. The last communication I received was ‘please check your card statement’ so by this point I am absolutely furious. I booked the flight with EXPEDIA, I paid the money to EXPEDIA, it is therefore EXPEDIA who owe me my refund. I have asked for EXPEDIA to pay me now and follow up with the airline in their own time. Expedia will take your money and then if something goes wrong they will not give it back to you or take any accountability. If how they are treating me and others is legal I would be incredibly surprised.
I have been initially promised a voucher for my accommodation in Italy which could not be taken in May due to the Pandemic. I was then told I would get a refund and compensation later in the year, and the company stopped replying to me via the Resolver site in September. I just wonder if the company is in financial trouble and does not have the finances to pay refunds? I am taking steps which could eventually see them in a small claims court. All my correspondence with Expedia is stored so they will not have a leg to stand on. I will never use this site again, and have used my social media network to ensure that my friends and family also do the same. 3rd Feb 2021 - just had a call from the Expedia customer service centre in the states. The rep started the whole conversation again from a year ago about getting me a voucher and not providing any escalation or legal point of contact to take my case further. The rep didn't even want to recognise the compensation that I had been offered in writing in September. I now have to work with the travel regulator and potentially take the company to a small claims court. Spread the news if you too also have a had a bad experience via your social networks so that Expedia can realise that it is nothing without its customers
Expedia customer service is really disappointing. I booked a round trip flight for my parents visiting USA from India and back. They took the flight from India to USA. However, for the return journey, it was a three leg flight (rdu-jfk-del-ccu). The first leg which was supposed to be operated by Delta was canceled by the airline itself. As expedia couldn’t provide us any suitable connection to jfk, we had to cancel the entire return flight. They are refunding us only the base fare and deducting more than half the fare(taxes+cancellation fees).While trying to make a fresh booking from IAD, they are also charging the difference amount in fare+ rebooking charges per person. So basically, we are losing a huge amount of money now. Neither they are successful in providing a suitable connection to jfk, nor they are agreeing to refund our money. I would never again do business with expedia. Going with Kayak or booking directly from the airline website would be a much better idea.
We contacted Expedia twice before our trip as we were not able to go due to the covid rules in the country we were travelling to, and also here in the UK. Both times Expedia wanted us to say that we were cancelling the trip (which meant no refund!) Our first call to them we were eventually told they would contact the hotel and we would get a response in 4 days. NO RESPONSE So we contacted again, and again we were asked to say we were cancelling. Eventually the person we were talking to on live chat said he would contact the hotel. After several minutes he came back and said no refund and the hotel would add a charge of £50 to move our booking to a future date. We refused to pay more and asked to escalate to a supervisor but were cut off. So we contacted the hotel ourselves who were extremely helpful and issued us with a voucher to rebook when Covid settles and we are allowed to travel again. They did NOT ask for a fee to change the booking as Expedia claimed. So did Expedia contact the hotel on either occasion? Highly unlikely! Have they refunded us the cost they add as an agent? No!. Did they contact to say we can't travel? No! Instead they sent us an email asking us to fill in how our check in experience was at the hotel. Shall never use Expedia again and strongly advise others to avoid!
Expedia cancelled my flight in exchange for 'flight credits' without my consent. The customer service representative was condescending and aggressive, and hung up on me when I requested a case number to follow up tomorrow (we had been on the phone for over 3 hours). Annoyingly, because Expedia made changes to my reservation, the airline is now unable to make any changes themselves. I am now going to have to go through a small claims court...
When I asked for a refund for a stay that I no longer needed I was treated horribly and never got it back. Do not recommend. I never received a confirmation email, but after enquiring with ingliston (the hotel) they confirmed that the booking was successful. I then found a better deal advertised by ingliston and booked directly through them instead and ingliston then requested a refund from Expedia/snap-travel on behalf of myself. Ingliston hotel was then told by Expedia that I would receive a refund. However, weeks later I had still not received a refund and decided to query this with Expedia who were extremely rude and were no help at all. I then contacted the hotel who kindly chased it up for me. After looking at their records the hotel informed me that it looks like I have been refunded, but they believe that Expedia gave my refund to snap travel instead of directly to me. They also believe that the confirmation email was sent to snap travel instead of to myself which is extremely disappointing. This whole process has been a massive hassle to both myself and ingliston hotel (who have been amazing in supporting me). I am extremely disappointed with the lack of communication between snap travel and Expedia as this is obviously the root of this issue. I was told again and again that since it has been more than 30 days since my stay that I couldn’t file a complaint or receive a refund. I have been trying to get this refund since the 3/8/20 (one day after my stay) and have been in contact with both ingliston and Expedia since this time. I was only told last week that I had to contact snap travel to receive my refund. I have never been told that there was a limit of 30 days to file complaints. However, even if I had been aware of this, I made my complaint within 30 days and it was a result of a lack of communication on snap travel’s part as well as Expedia that it has taken so long.
Property Owners be ware! Expedia are not paying out property owners. I have had2 guests stay in July 31st and August 4th. No payment received as yet. No reply to my correspondence..Customer service is incompetent. Will take this as far as I have to to get my £500. Disgraceful and unprofessional!
Having booked a holiday package (flights and hotel) in November 2019 for travel in March 2020, due to the lockdown I was unable to travel. Despite government guidance against all international travel, Expedia are refusing to provide a refund on the basis that the flights and hotels were still open (holiday was to Abu Dhabi). Despite government lockdown and advise against all International travel, no refund or voucher. I have only just realised that Expedia are not registered with ABTA (assist with dispute resolution) although are ATOL protected (financial assistance should the agent go just). Will now try to claim via the credit card company else will have to try the small Claims court. Will not be using Expedia again for any holiday bookings now that they are keeping almost £1k and no refund !
Expedia is rated 2.39 based on 114 reviews