Expedia Reviews

of reviewers recommend Expedia
Telephone
Read Expedia Reviews

About Expedia:

Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Tell us how Expedia made you happy
expedia took my money for 2 flights in January and did not book them, have been promised a refund for ages now and still waiting, customer service is bad, they say will call you back but never do about why the refund has not happened.
IBIS NORTHAMPTON - BUYER BEWARE - RUDE AND UNHELPFUL

IBIS NORTHAMPTON

Truly the worst customer service, rudeness and apathy I have encountered.

Booked with Expedia - booking for wrong night - despite being free rooms the tried to rip me off and say I could not cancel, from staff with a serious attitude problem.

IBIS AND EXPEDIA REALLY EXCEEDING APATHY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE _ BUYER BEWARE!!!

The antithesis of customer service - BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
A good price for our hotel and sorted out the problem for us when we accidentally booked the wrong dates.
I recently booked a weekend trip to Paris through Expedia. The price included flights and a 5* hotel room for one night. We also booked a shared shuttle from Paris Charles de Gaulle which was extremely good value for money. The experience with Expedia was trouble free from start to finish and the price was very competitive.
Always a good choice and price and customer service respond to any concerns
Provided prompt info on a package interested to purchase. Responded to questions asked very quickly to enable me to complete booking satisfactorily
Several choices available , best prices available
It's always easy to book travel with Expedia. I've recently booked a trip to Paris and was delighted to find I could use Expedia for booking my excursions in addition to my flight. The bonus is I also get Nectar points!
staff are very nice and understand customer's need
On 2-nd of March 2018 I did booked hotel room in FAIR HOTEL AM RATHAUSE in SCHWALBACH am TAUNUS - Germany, Paid by debit card immediatly. Booking was for 2 nights 7 and 8-th of March . Waited few days for confirmation email - nothing. On 6-th of March I contacted costumer services via email asking for confirmation - no respond at all. I went to Germany woried about my acomodation . Very poor customer service. Not recommended. Will never use again.
good to use
Very user friendly website.
Convenient.
Convenient.
Quickly finding fligths and connecting flights. Search results clearly presented, can be sorted by price, time of departure, airline, an so on. Booking is very easy and you get additional offers on Hotels, rental cars, etc. whereby these offers are not too penetrant and can be easily skiped.
I was able to get a better price on the same hotel through Expedia than other travel sites and the hotel's own website. Saved $10 overall. Not a lot, but enough for lunch. Thanks Expedia.
Booked a 5day trip to New York on this site hotel and flights included, just back from one of the best holidays l have ever had and all for a very reasonable price will definetly use again.
Website frequently logs out. Retailer declines cashback referral sites and claims you have cancelled the booking (but they haven't refunded you either).
They often say that true friendship should be gauged by their attitude towards you when things are going wrong with you; I believe that the quality and success of a business should also be gauged on this scale!

If you can avoid travelling with Expedia, please do, there has to be other travel services more reliable than them. Do not be tempted by the nectar points offer or any flashy deals, because they’re really not worth the stress! I have used them in the past, and they have been great when things are working to plan; my most recent experience of them however, speaks against everything I have ever believed them to be (that's positive)!

My story: I was due to travel to Miami and then the hurricane Irma hit. I tried to contact my hotel on numerous occasions but had not success. Buying my holiday as a package through Expedia, I shared my concerns with them. The first sales rep I spoke with agreed to issue me a full refund if they also could not reach the hotel within 24 hours. After 24 hours had passed, and hearing nothing from the rep who assured that she would call back, I contacted Expedia again and had to start the process of explaining my situation again because my previous call was not logged. The person I spoke to this time stated that they could refund me only the hotel portion of the package and not the full portion as the airline was still functioning. I explained that I would be happy to travel if they could confirm that my hotel was fully functioning. They later confirmed that no hotel on South Beach was open, and would remain closed until the weekend. I was scheduled to arrive on a Thursday meaning that I would have nowhere to stay for two days; the sales rep seemed to think that this was okay!

After countless hours on the phone (totalled to 9 hours on the phone); being put on hold for more time than actually speaking with someone; having my call transferred through various departments multiple times, and speaking with numerous sales reps (management included), I finally got through to someone who had the ability to reason, and agreed to issue me a full refund on the package. The department he worked for dealt with lodging, thus he could only refund this part of the package. Despite this, he guaranteed that given the circumstances (their failure to find another hotel) I would be entitled to a full refund on my package deal (i.e. a full refund on the hotel and flight). The refund on the lodging side was successfully issued, and it was explained to me that the refund on the flight side would come within 7 working days but that I should receive an email in response to the one that he copied me in to confirming the issuing of the refund for the flight. A week passed and I received nothing, I therefore contacted Expedia again, and was put through the same process. They expected me to explain my situation AGAIN (9 hours of explaining clearly wasn't enough), I refused to do this and stated that they should review my logged calls which they did. They stated that they had no note of the refund request for the air portion, and therefore could not grant it. Thankfully I had a copy of the email stating this guarantee - which they therefore had to honour. I resent this on their request and was surprised to receive the following:

We're happy to confirm that we have processed your refund application today.

Refund amount
Please expect a refund of GBP 116.47.

This isn't even up to half of what they owe! And trust me, I am still disputing this!

No one should have to go through this stress. It's bad enough that I could not go away on my very needed holiday, but that I'm stuck here having to deal with this!

Please save yourself the stress, and travel through someone else!
Easy to use website. Good customer service.
Expedia is rated 2.39 based on 114 reviews