Lancaster Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
Over A Week

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy
Paid 0ver £170 for insurance on one of my classic cars which i sold 3 weeks later so went to cancel insurance only to be told no refund as its gone in there fees, i will not be renewing any of my other policies with them when they come up for renewal id say short sighted as my total anual insurances come to around £3,500 "feeling Robbed"
Good service easy to deal with
They want pictures of my car!? Is this a joke?
No reply to my email ,tried to cancel my insurance policy mid term but would not be given a refund ,wish I checked the other reviews and used a different company .
Absolutely appalling customer service!
Their vehicle database is over 18 month out of date and pulled up the correct brand but the incorrect model of my car so they had insured a non existent vehicle, couldn't contact then because it was a weekend.
When they did cancel the policy they charged me over £30 for their mistake and refused to budge.
They are an absolutely pathetic excuse of a insurance broker
DO NO USE LANCASTER . i took out a policy and 2 months later i bought a new car their quote was to high so i cancelled and went elsewhere they wanted me to pay the extra 10 months i refused ive now been contacted by ICB to recover the outstanding amount , after seeing all the complaints i have now asked for this to go to court i will not pay and that is final , ive now instructed my local solicitor who has advised me foc not to pay anything . BRING IT ON .
Insurance Cancellation :-(

I informed Lancaster Insurance that my policy was due to run until 24 Sept 2019 i.e with 7 months remaining.

Lancaster Insurance informed me that due to "administration costs etc" that this 7 months does not qualify for any refund whatsoever??????

I accept that I would have incurred an administration fee for cancelling the policy early but to receive absolutely no refund at all I am aghast and if this is the way Lancaster Insurance Services treat their customers then it is, quite frankly, most outrageous!

I for one am deterred from using them again - as are all my friends, and associates 'et al' that I have related this to.....................

Investors in people champion + Customer Charter = 'A Mockery'
Very good service and helpful there staff was very good at there job
Please keek away from this insurance company they charged me £30 for change of number plate and £30 for Canceling our insurance half way through the year even though they had full payment up front I refused to pay the £30 cancellation fee and today they have threatened to hand my debt over to the debt collectors they just try to screw you for every penny.....
WARNING In 45 years of driving this is the worst experience I have had with a broker and the insurance company they used,( Equity red star) it would seem they are tied in with Markstudy who also have a terrible reputation.

I was invited to renew my policy for another year and did so, 2 weeks later they e.mailed me to advise that they thought my car was undervalued and advised me that the insurer was going to cancel the policy, if I did not pay another £210. whilst obtaining proof of its value they cancelled my policy with no refund. I made a complaint and this was rejected.
They are very hard to get a reply from and I would not trust them with a Classic car ever again.
There was no continuity in discussions.
If you read the reviews of Markstudy they seem even worse, with people struggling to get paid out on claims.
I have written to the Ombudsman and await a reply.

They will not now send proof of my no claims discount for my new insurance company, and they are now advising me that if I cant get hold of proof of ncb they will cancel my new policy. I think the whole insurance industry needs a big shake up.

You have been warned, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Buyer Beware - I went for them because they were the cheapest on a price comparison site - probably my first mistake . Paid my annual premium up front - then got mithered by email requests for proof of no claims and photos of vehicle on driveway. Sent them these but took months to sort out . The big issue with them is lack of communication. Never answer the phone and take 2 weeks to respond to any emails. I used to think Churchill were expensive but at least you can speak to CustomerService quickly - my big fear with these people is having to claim from them! I shall be scooting at the end of my policy without doubt.
I've been holding for 1 hour already and STILL NOT THROUGH. THIS IS PATHETIC IN THIS DAY AND AGE.
Have been with Lancaster for a couple of years. Have just received my renewal and delighted to find it is cheaper than last year! Have always found them very easy to deal with. The service was so good this year I was inspired to leave a review, something which I don't normally do. I looked around for a review site and have just spent some time reading back through some of the negative comments.

What i've noticed is most of the negativity comes from people wanting to cancel . You should realise that insurance is an annual product. You wouldn't take half a loaf of bread back to Tesco's and ask for half of your money back so why would you think that you can cancel your insurance and get half back?

Anyway, Top Marks from me Lancaster. Many thanks :-)
Very unhappy customer , Carpenter solicitors are dreadful
Very dissapointed with the service I’ve got from carpenters
I am having issues with Lancaster insurance. I took a policy out with them about 6 weeks ago. When I phoned for a quote they seemed professional and offered a reasonable price on the policy. I was asked if I wanted Legal protection to which I replied no. I was originally quoted another 30 quid for it but as it was a limited miles policy I really wasn't bothered about it. I was then told they could do a deal on my policy and they could discount the legal protection so that it wasn't costing any extra and therefore appeared foc. I agreed to that and took out policy.
Move forward 6 weeks and I swopped my car. I called Lancaster to swop my insurance over to my new vehicle, a 2007 57 plate Boxster. They stated the change over would be an additional £500+ for the change. I said that that was far too much as I could get a brand new policy for less than £400. I asked for them to cancel my policy which was only £175 for the year (on a eunos roadster) I was shocked to be told that despite only having the policy for 6 weeks I would have to pay a £70 arrangement fee, a £29 cancellation fee and wait for it, £29.95 for the (free) legal protection.
So despite having already paid just over £40 of the original £175 premium, to cancel I would effectively have to pay up the same as the cost of the whole policy.
They stated that I would still have to pay for the legal protection as it was discounted when I took the policy out and should I cancel the policy I would then have to pay for it in full.
I have spent almost 2hrs in total so far with Lancaster Insurance disputing this as I have told them I wont pay the Legal protection charge as I never wanted it in the first place.

I raised a complaint with them over this charge 9 days ago.
So far the complaints team, who I was told are "very busy" (wonder why) haven't had chance to listen to the original phone calls when I took the policy out which will clearly show I did not ask for the protection.

Meanwhile I am still paying the direct debit payments for this policy as they wont cancel this until the complaints team have looked at it.

Looking on google about Lancaster Insurance this is a very common theme and have extremely poor feedback. They make it impossible for you to swop your insurance over onto a new vehicle by giving you an inflated price then when you are forced to cancel they make up fees so that you end up paying for your old policy anyway.

Not a good experience and they have lost me as a future customer forever along with everyone else that seems to ever want to change their vehicle.
A very short sighted business operation imo.

Beware!!
I took out insurance with these people and was quoted a sum online
Then after I had paid a deposit then the rest to be paid monthly was sent paperwork 4 days later with an inflated price of over £70 was not told at any stage a finance company would be involved
After spending 40 minutes on hold waiting to be connected was told I had 14 days in which to cancel and would be refunded full amount
So asked them to cancel
Then 1 week later get threatening letters from them saying they will send debt collectors for £50 outstanding money I apparently owe them
KEEP WELL AWAY TOTAL RIP OFF AND ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY DONT ANSWER THE PHONE
HELLO,AVOID this company no matter how cheap you think they are,there web site is a joke ,try cancelling a policy ,forget it,try customer service ,forget that to,refund a joke ,i tried to cancel 3 months early and was told my refund after charges was £7.62p work that one out on a £500 plus policy ,for once i believe every negative review ive read, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOUR ,go elsewhere, ROBERT,
Dave,
On renew told the agent that the statement of fact needed details changed. Didn't seem to listen just seemed what to take the renew premium.Sent endless E-Mails prior to the inception date but no reply to any E-Mails.Still didn't receive an updated statement of fact.
Rang customer services on August 2nd but still nothing resolved.
Contacted customer services again and suggested that I would probably have to pay an extra £30 for adjusting the paperwork that was requested 10 days prior to the renew date.I find this as an old customer totally unprofessional.Still waiting to get this resolved.
Not a very painless process.
Waited for 35 minutes on the phone to get through to customer 'service'. Eventually gave up and sent an email only to get an automated response saying that there would a delay in replying. Stiil no response the next day, tried calling and again gave up after 15 minutes of being told how important my call is. Obviously not important enough to employ enough staff to aswer it! Absolute cr*p!
Lancaster Insurance is rated 1.97 based on 189 reviews