Lancaster Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lancaster Insurance
Over A Week

Tell us how Lancaster Insurance made you happy
I found this company on Go compare. I wanted to insure my 1999 Audi tt..it is insurable as a classic as it is 18 years old and used about 30 miles per week max. I gave a mileage declaration to verify this. On filling in my application there was a question,.,do you drive another vehicle besides this one? to which I answered Yes... I have 3 vans..one is a berlingo that I use always as my daily transport. Then the following question was do you own another car ? but gives no option for van, just car....So assuming this was to verify the fact that the vehicle I was insuring was a second occasional use vehicle I answered yes. I sent in my proof of no claims . During the next few days I was emailed and called by Lancaster requesting this no claims proof and milage declaration etc. I tried to call them 4 times but after long, long delays gave up. ( if you've tried to contact them you'll know what I mean) . Eventually I got through thinking all was well. I was asked questions like Do you owne another car. I said no..but I used a van every day instead. Did I have access to another car?..Yes I did, but it was my ex wifes car used in cases where our son needed to go with pals somewhere. . I was told neither of these situations counted and so the insurance would be cancelled. I was origionaly quoted just under 290 for the year. I had paid 40 deposit but had used only 3 weeks cover by then. . (I had 2 years previously insured with them under those very same conditions!.) Remarkably I was asked for 130 cancellation fee. ! Now i have received a letter from a collection agent. for 188.10 which I refuse to pay. ......Its in the bin by the way Lancaster... I will happily go to court over this . if its cost me 1000 ,there is a principle here. This company do not need to actually sell insurance if they are claiming huge fees of this kind on a regular basis. It would be very interesting to know just what percentage of their turnover comes from these heavy handed tactics. Finally,.. On a following quotes search to insure after this fiasco, Not knowing the company I contacted the cheapest provider using the telephone....( all calls recorded as per usual).. I explained that I was using a VAN as my first vehicle, not a car. I stated this several times.... I was offered a quote for £280. Yes £280 ..and guess who the company turned out to be?.. LANCASTER ... .Be warned, make one small mistake or even use your initiative on your application and you will give this outfit opportunity to sting you big time.
Attempting to cancel a policy I've had with Lancaster, quoted £140 to cancel a policy I'm only paying £27 a month on.. (5months worth of insurance to cancel!) worked out it's almost more beneficial to keep the policy running to gain a years no claims and discount on a new policy than to cancel. I appreciate there will be a cancellation fee but they really take the biscuit with the money they charge and abuse their position as a insurance company. Lesson learnt the hard way, will not use again!
A ridiculously company run by childish idiots.if you like a never ending line of hoops to jump through and agonisingly boring contact tennis give em a call.this is one lancaster that should have never got off the ground
Took out car insurance for £113 had it for a month phine to cancel insurance as sold car was asked why I sold it which is none of their business then told I will not get anything refunded as it’s like a mobile phone contract. How can you compare a car insurance with a mobile phone their are robbing customers NEVER USE god for bid you have a accident they will never pay you out you will have to pay them NEVER USE /NEVER RECOMMEND
Awful service for loyal customers!! Avoid them and go to the NFU instead. I did. Never answer calls from current customers ( the phone cuts dead after waiting over 12.15 mins!) and take ages to respond to emails. Funny, but I posed as a new customer - they answered within 30 seconds each time!!
I've been holding for 1 hour already and STILL NOT THROUGH. THIS IS PATHETIC IN THIS DAY AND AGE.
£150 pound cancellation fee on a policy that cost £200 what a absolute joke would not recommend to anyone wouldn't let the policy run because I sold the car and all I got off the lady on the phone is " we have this problem alot customers complaints about the charge " well to me that means there is a problem with how they are selling insurance do not use this company (my opinion)
Ripped me off when cancelling a car insurance policy - multiple categories of charges for cancellation - ended up surprise surprise I was entitled to no refund even though I had months of validity left on the policy - going to take the matter up with the financial ombudsman - my recommendation is don't touch this company with a barge pole buy your insurance from a firm that has morals and common decency
After six months of having car insurance sold car and when i cancelled policy was told i would have to pay a £50 cancellation fee and i would receive the bill in next 7 days , 10 days after i cancelled i received a letter saying that despite previous attempts they had made to collect i had not paid the money and if i did not pay immediately they would submit the account to a debt collection agency at an extra cost of £37 . I will never insure with them again.
2 months into paying for a new car policy I rang them to change my policy details, after purchasing a new car. They charged me a £30 alteration fee and £43.68 extra to cover the new vehicle, which was exactly the same make and model as the old car but with a smaller engine. When I asked them how much I would get back if I cancelled the original policy, they told me that it would be 10 pence. In addition, because this sum was less than £10, they wouldn't make any refund. With 10 months left on my original policy, my refund would therefore be absolutely nothing. I will, however, have the last laugh on these thieving ba----ds when it time to renew. AVOID THIS DISREPUTABLE COMPANY
I had to cancel my insurance due to outrageous charge for changing my vehicle, it was cheaper to get a new policy even though I had over six months left and to add insult Anne Marie the call person said “sorry we don’t give refunds” atrocious service .......AVOID WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT!
Beware of this company, their charges are verging on criminal. I took a policy with them after going via an online comparison site. Not taking too much notice of the all the paperwork, they send loads (perhaps in order that some get overlooked) I should have gone through it all thoroughly, but after having countless car insurance policies over the years thought it would be a standard policy and agreement, plus none of these fees were explained or made plain when taking the policy out at quotation stage. Only after the policy is taken. SO CHECK ALL THE PAPERWORK Fees they charge £70 arrangement fee! 44.38 APR for paying monthly via direct debit. And a £30 fee for changing vehicle details midterm. I cancelled the policy when I sold the car, more fees!! Then as I did not pay within a few days I received a letter threatening legal action and passing onto a collection agency! My advice do not use them and go direct to insurers cut out these comparison sites. I recently took out a new car insurance direct with a company and it was cheaper and had more cover then any listed on the comparison sites.
For a simple change of address a charge of £30. No way. Totally out of order. People be aware.
Shocking company. Totally messed up a new Classic car policy that I took with them. Very poor responce. Go elsewhere for your insurance!
Went to cancel my car insurance with Lancaster Insurance Services after being insured for 3 months. THE COST TO CANCEL MY POLICY is £187.11 (£50 cancelation charge, and the 100.77 is what Lancaster say the insurance company charge. plus they still take next months direct debit of £36). After a lengthy call I managed to get £50 cancelation charge written off. So still ended up paying £100.77 plus £36 to cancel my policy. I had paid my policy on time, every month by direct debit. DON'T GET CAUGHT ON MASSIVE UNFAIR CHARGES from Lancaster Insurance Services!
Very poor insurance company who will rip you off Do not use .........
Robbing b######s don't use them.
I made a very bad decision and arranged a policy with Lacaster insurance which I thought was good value, the operator explained only basic details. After I had paid my initial deposit because I chose instalments.i had made a big mistake and had given over my Bank details,I phoned back after a mammoth wait on the phone,and discovered I only had day time cover no night cover, I asked to cancel the insurance which I thought would be OK has I had 14 days cooling off period, however I was told I would have to pay the total policy in full, .but was told I could avoid this cost and use the car in the evenings by paying an extra £50 pounds, but they were adamant they would take the total payment if I cancelled, anyway I thought I would carry on with the policy. I continued the Insurance for 3 months, but then sold the car and needed to cancel, trying to get through to their customer service department was unbelievable, then surprise, surprise they wanted £150 pounds to cancel, also I had a change of number plate so another £30 pounds added on, I discussed the situation to the operator but they insisted they wanted tha extra 9 months paid in full after a wait of nearly 30 minutes on the phone they reduced the cancellation to £122 pounds which I have paid to end the drama!! Buyer Beware. I cannot imagine how a claim would be dealt with? MyAdvise is choose a major company e.g Direct Line, Saga, or Churchill, they answer the phone no hidden charges and no number plate fee for a private transfer plate and everything explained, Remember buy cheap, pay twice, avoid this company at all costs.
Terrible company, had 14 days cooling off period, didn’t buy the car, managed to get through after 9 days, gave me less than half my policy back, what a joke, stay well away from this company
Please stay away from this insurance company look elsewhere they charge you for any little extra change of address change of number plate and they even charge for cancelling your insurance half way through the year even though I had paid in full for the whole year they are a total rip off insurance company and make my blood boil
Lancaster Insurance is rated 1.96 based on 199 reviews