Getaround UK Reviews

Under an hour
Read Getaround UK Reviews

About Getaround UK:

About Getaround:

As the largest car-sharing service in the world, we’re on a mission to bring fresh air to big cities with convenient 24/7 access to shared cars nearby. With Getaround, simply book a car, unlock it with your phone, and get going.

Brilliant Service, no hiccups what so ever, lack of state cars was only thing i give the Good than Very Good.
Really bad service from getaround gave to us that car was wery old and three times breakdown on tha motorway when I was driving and I come back at 1 at night I never saw like that person
Hello Daljit,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm really sorry to hear that you had issues with your rental.

Getaround do not actually own any of the cars listed on the platform, as a peer to peer rental company we connect vehicle owners with renters.

By renting out their car on Getaround, an owner commits to ensuring their car is safe and in good condition. While Getaround can’t check every single vehicle manually, we do insist that our partners meet certain requirements.

Your safety is our priority, so you’ll be able to review the car and the owner after your trip. We immediately remove any car that is reported unsafe by one of our users.

If you have a breakdown during your trip, roadside assistance is there to help you 24/7: they’ll take care of you and the passengers in the car.

Can you please reach out to our Customer Support team via uk.getaround.com/contact with your rental number so that we can have a look into what happened on your rental and make sure the situation is resolved.

Laura
Very good service and modern technology. My 1st rent car. I really enjoyed. Thanks
I myself always take online reviews with a pinch of salt (in fact this is my first ever review) but Getaround are a company to avoid. On one occasion, I scratched a rental car. It was my mistake and was more than happy to pay. Getaround then sent a bill for £700 (roughly the value of the Zafira I'd rented) and refused to provide any logic on how they had come up with this figure. The communications we had with the company were unhelpful, the upshot of their emails being 'you made a mistake, we get to decide how much you pay'. I have taken the photo of the damage (a 2 inch scratch and dent) to several independent mechanics and have been quoted anywhere from £200 to £400 for the repair. Where did Getaround come up with their figure? I'll let you be the judge of that. In a crowded market place, the bad practices of a company like Getaround will hopefully make them obsolete - the Bebo of car rentals maybe. I would really suggest using either Zipcar or a traditional service which funnily enough ( considering their reputation as frauds) I have never had a problem with.
Hello Frederick,

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the situation.

With any insurance claim, an independent inspector can be sent out who will review the garage findings, the insurers also have an in house team dedicated to ensuring that the claim is legitimate and negotiate on price to minimise the costs and inconvenience to both parties. Bodyshops also work to a standardised quotation system using genuine or approved parts alongside the manufacturer's guidelines for manhours. I understand that the claim manager has also sent out a full reporting including a breakdown of the costs to better explain the situation.

If you have any other questions or would like more information please reach out to our Customer Support Team via uk.getaround.com/contact

Laura
The service was perfect. As I knew how it works I found no issues to handle the car. Big thanks
Rental was easy. Car worked well and was very good value for money.
Awful service. Getaround seem to enjoy wasting your time and will fail to compensate you for THEIR mistakes. Their cars don’t unlock - happened to me twice in 1 day due to their devices having a FLAT battery. Joke of a company that enjoy wasting your time. Do not use.
Hello Travis,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your rentals, as Getaround does not actually own the vehicles listed on our platform, we, unfortunately, cannot control issues like flat batteries, however I do appreciate that this is very frustrating and inconvenient and we will take this feedback on board to make sure we can try and avoid these situations in the future.

If there is anything else that I can help with please let me know.

Laura
I had a lovely experience in France! The car I rented was more than good for me. The owner was lovely and very friendly person.
Great App, really convenient.
-Modern Life Adapted- app
Excellent and reliable service
A quick easy method of car hire when and where you want it.
Great app. Easy to use, very intuitive. The features of the app allow to take photos of the car as well as describe any issues so all the parties have clear picture of the state of the car at the beginning of the rental and at the end. This is very important as no one would like to be made liable for the damage they have not done.
very good and easy service
Sehr gut, einfach, schnell und problemlos
I am been very pleased with both my bookings with Getaround. It is very convenient and found in many locations . Both vehicles were in a good condition for both my bookings. No membership fee required made Getaround my top choice of all the other car sharing scheme in London.
Good and easy to get
Wooooowww!!! Woooow!!!
Incorrectly charged twice for 'missing fuel' despite filling up the tank on both occasions for returning the vehicle. Took several emails to resolve and get refunds.
Hello Eve,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that there have been issues with the fuel recordings on your rentals and delays in getting refunded.

We will certainly take this feedback on board so that we can look at where improvements can be made!

Laura
Car was fine (nice to drive) the only issue was a burn mark on front passenger seat.
Getaround UK is rated 4.45 based on 112 reviews