Getaround UK Reviews

cs-reviews_uk@getaround.com

35 rue Greneta

Tell us how Getaround UK made you happy
Get around is a scam !!! Don’t waste you money
The most terrible rent a car app. NEVER USE IT, they will take 2x more money from you than the first price was there. They continued to send me fines for a car after I finished the ride. We parked the car where we found it (because they stated we have to park it in the exact same place), and afterward, they started to send fines for the parking. And the customer support is of no help, in contrary super rude. I can't describe how I am sorry that I ever used this app.
Awful, dishonest company. The car was fine, clean and was good to drive. However, 2 days after dropping it off the company are claiming I left numerous scratches on the car which aren't on any of my check-out photos and are attempting to charge me £900 + admin fee for the damage! I haven't even had a chance to speak to anyone and they have already tried to charge my card. AVOID this company.
CAVEAT EMPTOR - BUYER BEWARE Think very carefully before you hire a car through GETAROUND. You can ZIP around London with a more ethical company paying less and offered more value added service. After you have booked something you cannot change it. The price only goes up. It cannot go down even if you change requirements that should reduce the fee. They will find a reason to strip money out of your deposit. You cannot speak to anyone. They will not reply to your emails. They impose unilateral judgements & price penalties with no supporting evidence. Greedy car owners will try to suck more cash out of you on the flimsiest of reasons. GETAROUND will support them. Finally I phoned the LLP Registered Company address to make a complaint. After that I finally received an email reply. A second phone call ten days later triggered some of my money back. It took me the best part of ten weeks to get £200 refunded. And a lot of hard work. Hire a car from anyone but not GETAROUND. I am now signed up with a proper company. ZIPPING around London in the same model of car for less money. Fully insured. Congestion charge included. With a call-centre, people to talk to and systems in place to protect you from apparent extortion. People like me who need a car service have far better options than this horrible company. VARH of Clapham Junction
A car is just dumped on my driveway and there is no way of contacting them, just an automated reply. Ok for them, not ok for me.
Worst company ever! I'll never book a car with his company ever again. The customer service told me I could cancel my rental and get a full refund and the next day I get an email saying I'll have to pay full price for a car I have not used + impossible to reach out to customer service once the problem happened. They are stealing money from their customers. AVOID BY ALL MEANS! TERRIBLE COMPANY. I would rather walk for days rather than booking with them.
Call the police if any car accident, the customer service from GetAround would only threats you to pay the fine. And yeah, how did they make a profit from low price call rental? By charging all these fines to the users. Go to https://www.bbb.org/ immediately if they try to be fishy.
Don't use. Untrustworthy and sneaky. Have taken £95 straight out of my account for a parking fine issued after my rental period. I picked the car up and dropped it off in exactly the same space it was provided to me in. Also the car was dirty, scratched on every panel and old. Use Zipcar or Sixt, better customer service and better cars. The owner didn't put any instructions on where to leave the car. So I left it where I picked it up from, as any normal person would do. You should be charging the previous customer who made the mistake not me! Customer service has been entirely unhelpful, keep saying I should have parked it where the owner said, and the owner didn't leave any information. Joke of a policy.
Really bad experience with the customer service. The owner was very nice and we agreed up an insurance case. This was 7 months ago. No information. No replies to 5 emails. I am still in contact with the car owner, he has the same problems. Great concept, but very unfair and unkindly way of treating your clients. I recommend not using the services!
Brilliant Service, no hiccups what so ever, lack of state cars was only thing i give the Good than Very Good.
Really bad service from getaround gave to us that car was wery old and three times breakdown on tha motorway when I was driving and I come back at 1 at night I never saw like that person
Hello Daljit, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm really sorry to hear that you had issues with your rental. Getaround do not actually own any of the cars listed on the platform, as a peer to peer rental company we connect vehicle owners with renters. By renting out their car on Getaround, an owner commits to ensuring their car is safe and in good condition. While Getaround can’t check every single vehicle manually, we do insist that our partners meet certain requirements. Your safety is our priority, so you’ll be able to review the car and the owner after your trip. We immediately remove any car that is reported unsafe by one of our users. If you have a breakdown during your trip, roadside assistance is there to help you 24/7: they’ll take care of you and the passengers in the car. Can you please reach out to our Customer Support team via uk.getaround.com/contact with your rental number so that we can have a look into what happened on your rental and make sure the situation is resolved. Many thanks, Laura
Very good service and modern technology. My 1st rent car. I really enjoyed. Thanks
I myself always take online reviews with a pinch of salt (in fact this is my first ever review) but Getaround are a company to avoid. On one occasion, I scratched a rental car. It was my mistake and was more than happy to pay. Getaround then sent a bill for £700 (roughly the value of the Zafira I'd rented) and refused to provide any logic on how they had come up with this figure. The communications we had with the company were unhelpful, the upshot of their emails being 'you made a mistake, we get to decide how much you pay'. I have taken the photo of the damage (a 2 inch scratch and dent) to several independent mechanics and have been quoted anywhere from £200 to £400 for the repair. Where did Getaround come up with their figure? I'll let you be the judge of that. In a crowded market place, the bad practices of a company like Getaround will hopefully make them obsolete - the Bebo of car rentals maybe. I would really suggest using either Zipcar or a traditional service which funnily enough ( considering their reputation as frauds) I have never had a problem with.
Hello Frederick, I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the situation. With any insurance claim, an independent inspector can be sent out who will review the garage findings, the insurers also have an in house team dedicated to ensuring that the claim is legitimate and negotiate on price to minimise the costs and inconvenience to both parties. Bodyshops also work to a standardised quotation system using genuine or approved parts alongside the manufacturer's guidelines for manhours. I understand that the claim manager has also sent out a full reporting including a breakdown of the costs to better explain the situation. If you have any other questions or would like more information please reach out to our Customer Support Team via uk.getaround.com/contact Many thanks, Laura
The service was perfect. As I knew how it works I found no issues to handle the car. Big thanks
Rental was easy. Car worked well and was very good value for money.
Awful service. Getaround seem to enjoy wasting your time and will fail to compensate you for THEIR mistakes. Their cars don’t unlock - happened to me twice in 1 day due to their devices having a FLAT battery. Joke of a company that enjoy wasting your time. Do not use.
Hello Travis, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your rentals, as Getaround does not actually own the vehicles listed on our platform, we, unfortunately, cannot control issues like flat batteries, however I do appreciate that this is very frustrating and inconvenient and we will take this feedback on board to make sure we can try and avoid these situations in the future. If there is anything else that I can help with please let me know. Laura
I had a lovely experience in France! The car I rented was more than good for me. The owner was lovely and very friendly person.
Great App, really convenient.
-Modern Life Adapted- app