Getaround UK Reviews

Under an hour
Read Getaround UK Reviews

About Getaround UK:

About Getaround:

As the largest car-sharing service in the world, we’re on a mission to bring fresh air to big cities with convenient 24/7 access to shared cars nearby. With Getaround, simply book a car, unlock it with your phone, and get going.

Really bad service from getaround gave to us that car was wery old and three times breakdown on tha motorway when I was driving and I come back at 1 at night I never saw like that person
Hello Daljit,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm really sorry to hear that you had issues with your rental.

Getaround do not actually own any of the cars listed on the platform, as a peer to peer rental company we connect vehicle owners with renters.

By renting out their car on Getaround, an owner commits to ensuring their car is safe and in good condition. While Getaround can’t check every single vehicle manually, we do insist that our partners meet certain requirements.

Your safety is our priority, so you’ll be able to review the car and the owner after your trip. We immediately remove any car that is reported unsafe by one of our users.

If you have a breakdown during your trip, roadside assistance is there to help you 24/7: they’ll take care of you and the passengers in the car.

Can you please reach out to our Customer Support team via uk.getaround.com/contact with your rental number so that we can have a look into what happened on your rental and make sure the situation is resolved.

Laura
I myself always take online reviews with a pinch of salt (in fact this is my first ever review) but Getaround are a company to avoid. On one occasion, I scratched a rental car. It was my mistake and was more than happy to pay. Getaround then sent a bill for £700 (roughly the value of the Zafira I'd rented) and refused to provide any logic on how they had come up with this figure. The communications we had with the company were unhelpful, the upshot of their emails being 'you made a mistake, we get to decide how much you pay'. I have taken the photo of the damage (a 2 inch scratch and dent) to several independent mechanics and have been quoted anywhere from £200 to £400 for the repair. Where did Getaround come up with their figure? I'll let you be the judge of that. In a crowded market place, the bad practices of a company like Getaround will hopefully make them obsolete - the Bebo of car rentals maybe. I would really suggest using either Zipcar or a traditional service which funnily enough ( considering their reputation as frauds) I have never had a problem with.
Hello Frederick,

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the situation.

With any insurance claim, an independent inspector can be sent out who will review the garage findings, the insurers also have an in house team dedicated to ensuring that the claim is legitimate and negotiate on price to minimise the costs and inconvenience to both parties. Bodyshops also work to a standardised quotation system using genuine or approved parts alongside the manufacturer's guidelines for manhours. I understand that the claim manager has also sent out a full reporting including a breakdown of the costs to better explain the situation.

If you have any other questions or would like more information please reach out to our Customer Support Team via uk.getaround.com/contact

Laura
Awful service. Getaround seem to enjoy wasting your time and will fail to compensate you for THEIR mistakes. Their cars don’t unlock - happened to me twice in 1 day due to their devices having a FLAT battery. Joke of a company that enjoy wasting your time. Do not use.
Hello Travis,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your rentals, as Getaround does not actually own the vehicles listed on our platform, we, unfortunately, cannot control issues like flat batteries, however I do appreciate that this is very frustrating and inconvenient and we will take this feedback on board to make sure we can try and avoid these situations in the future.

If there is anything else that I can help with please let me know.

Laura
If I could leave less than 1 star I would. Car wouldn't open due to fault with the system. Moving cars took an hour and only much more expensive cars available. 40 mins phone call to attempt to resolve. Constantly told by phone agent they couldn't hear on multiple calls so poor service offered. Had to rebook another car which then charged excess again so nearly 600£ held on my card. Refunds take 7 days for excess held and failed rental cost. Moving to second car was ridiculous; missed the half hour slot for booking by 2 mins. Unable to move booking without paying for this half hour. Took twenty mins to Call and alter booking meaning I lost half an hour to get into car 5 mins early. Entire service seems like a scam
Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered in your rental and I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you, please can you reach out to contact@drivy.co.uk FAO Laura with your rental number so that I can have a look at what went wrong here?

Laura
I was happy with drivy before but I receive a penalty fare they charge my card I ask for explanation and they never reply to me . I m going to take another application to rent a car now
Hello Chloe,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that you did not get a reply to your request. If you can please reach out to contact@drivy.co.uk FAO Laura and I will be happy to send you the information that you have requested.

Laura
My car was cancelled 30 min before collection. I was changed to another car in South London which cost us £40 return plus we arrived 3 hours late to our destination due to this inconvenience. At our return, we need to drop the car again and took us 1 hour to get home. I tried to contact Drivy customer service and I can't which is really frustrating. Terrible experience.
I was overcharged for diesel I did not use - just because of a flawed car fuel indicator and their automated charging system - I reported this 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for an answer.
Customer service is very bad. no communication no more information to the customers I very angry with your services
Bad experience from start to end
Hi Sophie, we're so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Drivy. If you feel that the issue is still unresolved, please send us an email at contact@drivy.co.uk and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you, The Drivy Team
Getaround UK is rated 4.45 based on 112 reviews