Hedgehog Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hedgehog Insurance
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Hedgehog Insurance Reviews

About Hedgehog Insurance:

We are an exclusively-online car insurance company. As a modern provider of car insurance, we use the very latest data to give you the most competitive price. We strive to make our website as convenient and easy to use as possible.

I didn’t actually get to speak with anyone, I was waiting on the online chat to be connected with someone for 40 minutes and I was no longer able to sit there and wait for someone to potentially be connected.
Gregory Williams - I needed to get hold of a customer representative on the day of taking out my policy as I had a query but could only talk to an online bot who couldn't help me. I still need support could someone please call me on 07867 338954
Although quick and easy to use for new quote was trying to renew my policy and talking to someone online to ask was impossible as kept freezing
Hedgehog have been great however the incessant emails from the credit company not so much.
Not helpful at all. No solution to be of assistance
Not the best at the moment didn’t know hedgehog didn’t have customers services my car still being shown as not insured
Got a qoute from go compare, then they wack on a huge amount of Apr for paying monthly, then sent me a qoute lower than one I just bought, tried talking to someone about it, over an hour later of a very slow conversation due to internet speed their side I get I'll have Somone look into things and email you later. This is all before my policy actually begins, god help me for the next 12 months..
The only way to log onto your account is via a text message code facility. Mine never works and I have to call the call centre every time in order to log on! Staff however have always been helpful.
I have tried to contact you as some details are incorrect, it does not allow me to change them without cancelling.
Really frustrated that since buying the policy I have been unable to obtain a quote to add an additional driver. Very poor service, tried 5 times, multiple chats online, still no resolution
Costs of minor changes
Cant get onto my policy online
Can’t log in to my account still no email received
Lack of personal contact
Hi Dr. Rajesh I'm sorry you felt the service wasn't personal. I hope our call yesterday helped answered your questions. If you need us again, just let us know. 👍 Regards, The Hedgehog Team 🦔
My payment looked like it had been taken, but was then refunded. When I went to pay again the quote had increased.
Long winded process. Everything is done online and very tedious, repetitive sign in, makes you want to stop reading the emails the company sends out.
27/1/20 I’m Unable to contact over the phone to discuss & confirm verbally finer parts of the insurance policy.
Hi Mr Walker, that is correct as we are an online insurer. We offer 24/7 support from our ChatBot and our Customer Service team are here Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm. You can request a callback if there are things you want to discuss over the phone.
Overpriced. For such a limited car. With bhp. And specification. Couldn’t change policy to a different car as it said an error occurred. Poor. Only good thing was the ability to drive another car on my policy. But I’m paying £612 anyway.. so I should expect it! Apart from that. It’s fine.
Thank you for the feedback Mr Stansfield. Every insurer will have a different view on the risk of a car. I'm glad we were at least able to offer you a competitive quote which you have taken up with us.
Had a very strange interaction with their website when visiting from a comparison site. The quote kept getting more expensive the less I covered. When back to the comparison site, changed the date of cover for the next day, saved £44 pound. I had spoken to the chat service which the Chatbot was hard to navigate at first and then the human Kyle could not really advise on anything and just said if that’s what it says that’s wha you pay! Got brought it in the end. Not exactly sure how well they will handle a claim but worth a shot! They did save me over £160!
Hi there Mr Pugh - Glad we could save you over £160 and you decided we were your best option. Many things go into how a price is calculated and some may seem unusual but it is based on data, claim frequencies and experience. Welcome to Hedgehog! The Hedgehog team
Interesting!!
Thank you, we'd be interested to learn more about your experience. Regards, The Hedgehog team
Hedgehog Insurance is rated 4.67 based on 3,302 reviews