Hemming & Wills Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hemming & Wills
Read Hemming & Wills Reviews

About Hemming & Wills:

We’re an independent, stand-out, contemporary home brand with a conscience and our mission is to help create Happiness at Home.

Proudly British, we offer a unique combination of affordable, design-led, contemporary & mid-century home furnishings including sustainable options and a great collection of ethically made plastic free & reusable homewares. All backed by an exceptional customer experience, we genuinely recognise our customers are the heart beat of H&W and we’re here to help you in any way we can.

0330-133-1233

care@hemmingandwills.co.uk

Tell us how Hemming & Wills made you happy
Hemming and Wills were hands down the best company I have ever bought something from. Not only were they proactive in contacting me to clarify my purchase suited my needs, they went above and beyond to arrange delivery at a convenient time and contacted me afterwards to check i was happy. I love my purchase (a dining table and bench) every time I look at it and the shopping experience went far above the reasonable cost of the table. I would not hesitate to recommend them and will definitely be a returning customer.
Hello Sara,

Good to hear from you and thanks so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to help you and it's great to hear about the furniture. We hope you're keeping well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

James @ The H&W Care Team
Don’t recommend. Waited nearly 6 months for my reclaimed table to be told would potentially be further delays till November. I can appreciate we are in a pandemic but the continuous false. Ordered cancelled. Refund received. Only positive thing out the whole experience.
I love my new chairs! They arrived quickly and were easy to assemble
Thanks so much for your kind review. Best wishes, H&W
I order a beautiful armchair. It did arrive almost a month later, nothing of a surprise as was said from the beginning.
Delivery courier called me a few times, just making sure he would delivered safe the item.
More beautiful that I expected.
A bit hard to be seated for long periods but just add a small cushion.
I really love this armchair, style at most.
Pity that I had an almost new sofa, if not I would be buying a new one from this company.
Hello Rosario,

Great to hear, thanks for shopping with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in future.

H&W
I absolutely love my ottoman!! Great quality, great price, looks fab in my room. Even better than expected.
Hello Justine,

That's great to hear!

Thanks so much for the kind review.

H&W
Very communicative with efficient delivery
Hello Janine,

Many thanks for your kind review, thanks for shopping with us.

Best wishes, H&W
Order placed in mid April. Order placed and no initial concerns raised.

After deadline of 10 weeks (quoted by the company) approached, called for an update to be told it would be delayed by 2 weeks. This deadline then passed.

After further chasing on the phone due to no email updates being provided. Was then informed there would be delivery problems due to my order. Why allow online orders if you cannot deliver all items at the same time? It's supposed to be a complete set.

New order date arranged, but this was then moved. Have still not received my delivery.
Hello,

We're very sorry there were delays to your order and for the issues with communication. We now ensure any customers we've spoken with frequently on the phone also receive email updates to close any gaps.

We've been working around the clock to resolve a backlog issue, due to challenges presented as result of the pandemic situation. All of our reclaimed furniture is handmade to order so there is a lead time, which for your order was unfortunately impacted by supplies delays and due to the quantity and type of furniture in your order, it presented challenges to alternative delivery options which we were trying to arrange to deliver as soon as possible. This may have meant delivering items in your order separately.

However, we're now pleased to have delivered your complete order on 15th August and trust this is all to your satisfaction.

We have also strengthened our customer service team to improve communication and we're actively working through and making progress to resolve the backlog affecting some orders.

Once again, we're very sorry for the issues experienced and hope the goodwill gesture we provided you goes some way towards the inconvenience experienced.

All the best,
Chris
Founder
Hemming & Wills
Great customer service - very responsive and informative during order and delivery process.
Great to hear Mark - thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate it. Best wishes, Chris @ H&W
Great chairs I got to great ones for me and my partner and a blue one for my son and a pink one for my daughter and the kids love them.they look so stylish and are very comfy. Really quick delivery came in two day
Great to hear - thanks for your kind review. Best wishes, Anj @ H&W
Extremely helpful and informative - yet to receive product so unable to comment on the actual items.
We appreciate the kind feedback - thank you! Best wishes, Anj @ H&W
Reliable service. Quick to reply to emails. Thanks!
We appreciate the kind feedback - thank you! Best wishes, Anj @ H&W
Ordered an office chair during lockdown. Got an email after 1 week to let me know the delivery company would be in contact. Delivery was easy and contactless. The eames style office chair is much better than expected (gas lift range is great)
Great to hear - thanks for your kind review. Best wishes, Anj @ H&W
Lovely delivery service. Didn’t take long to come and the driver was really nice.
Haven’t unboxed yet as we are moving house! Can’t wait for our table and bench to come
Great to hear - thanks for your kind review. Best wishes, Anj @ H&W
Reclaimed table and benches look great in our flat. Add some much needed character, certainly recommend. Delivery only slightly late, which is fairly impressive given pandemic lockdown.
Hi there,

Great to hear the furniture works well for you. Thanks for your kind review.

James @ The H&W Care Team
Love the table and bench chairs I ordered, they look great, are sustainable and well built.
Hello Jemima,

Many thanks for your kind review, great to hear you're happy with everything.

We hope to see you again at H&W soon.

James @ The H&W Care Team
Realy pleased with table and seating ,looks good in kitchen warm comfortable ,looking forward ,when covid19,is over and l can show it off ,take care stay safe ,thank you .
Hello Margaret,

Many thanks for your kind review, we're pleased you're happy with everything.

Take care.

James @ The H&W Care Team
Some of the screws which attach my table top to its legs have snapped at the head - which is a shame but is somewhat to be expected with reclaimed furniture. The guys at Hemming and Wills have kindly advised me how best to solve the issue. Otherwise I’m very happy with my table and benches
Hello Iain,

Sorry to hear of your issues, we'll get in touch with you to help resolve this for you.

As reclaimed wood is a natural, living material, it can move and change in a new environment. Sometimes this can result in the fixings coming loose or breaking. Unfortunately, the wood is stronger than the screws and sometimes they can break. But this is easily resolved.

We'll be in touch shortly to help further.

James @ The H&W Care Team
I recently bought a table and two benches, the service was very professional and communication was excellent given the current situation. The guy who delivered the table was super helpful and I love my purchase. I would definitely reccommend and order again.
Hello Debra,

Thanks so much for your kind review. We're really pleased to hear you're happy with everything and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

James @ The H&W Care Team
Care package and oils would be great but great furniture!
Hello Pam,

We're glad you like your reclaimed furniture, thanks for leaving the review. We hope you received our aftercare email containing handy information about use and care of your furniture, we'll follow up with you to make sure.

As your furniture is lacquered, there's no need to use oils but our aftercare and FAQ information contains alternative suggestions.

James @ The H&W Care Team
I love the reclaimed table I purchased from Hemming & Wills. Great customer service and prompt delivery. I would highly recommend them. Thank you.
Thank you Matt, we appreciate the kind review.

Chris @ H&W
Sooooo happy with our handmade table and benches! Perfect fit for our new living room. Can’t recommend it enough.
Thank you Nicky! Great to hear about your reclaimed furniture.

All the best,